Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still waiting....i called the school and they said most of the students got accepted in july last year

really?!?! that's good news! man, the wait is killing me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when western starts sending out rejection letters to alternates?

does anyone know when western starts sending out rejection letters to alternates?

I believe last year it was after the first week of orientation when they have a final headcount. So early August?

one spot open, i just withdrew my acceptance.

but didnt u have to put down a deposit within 2 weeks of acceptance?

hey does anyone here know if western will allow you to take a summer course the summer before enrolment?

if the course were one of the prerequisites, the answer would be no - all prerequisites have to be completed in the spring semester prior to your enrollment.

just got accepted from boston mcphs. I hope i can get in western U---my first first choice...:love:i hope i can get that spot

A couple of students have just dropped their seats....i hope they call me next week. July is my lucky month...:laugh:

Hey Jonathaneus Ng did you call Western about people dropping their seats or did you just see from postings on the forum? Hopefully good news is on the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah hopefully... nowadays i only look forward to weekdays!

has anyone heard anything yet? it's already mid july

Last edited:
i think that is it for us...there has been more than 40 people got accepted from the waitlist....wow...so sad...2 more weeks to wait...:xf:

Hi Jonathaneus Ng, how do you know there are more than 40 people got accepted from waiting list?

Hi Jonathaneus Ng, how do you know there are more than 40 people got accepted from waiting list?

i called the school admission office and they told me about that! I think from now on, there will be just one or two students drop their seats. We still have a small chance of getting in.:xf: I hope you can get in too...:) since we worked so hard to get the interview...

is western harder than it should be? i mean since they have 100% board passing rate that means they are teaching you at a harder level than you need to now for the state board no? for example if someone is teaching you calculus 2 when all you need to know is precalc, obviously everyone whos at calc 2 level will get 100% on a precalc exam right?

is western harder than it should be? i mean since they have 100% board passing rate that means they are teaching you at a harder level than you need to now for the state board no? for example if someone is teaching you calculus 2 when all you need to know is precalc, obviously everyone whos at calc 2 level will get 100% on a precalc exam right?

i don't think so...but i think that pharmacy is a super hot career right now and there are so many competitive students who have high GPA applying at the same time. That is why western is hard to get in right now....More over, most people love CA and never want to move to other states:(...

Hi everyone, I'm currently a P1 at WesternU. If you guys need any help, or advices regarding to the application or interviewing process let me know. Good luck.

Hi,

I am new to SDN and this is my first post. I am an international pharmacy graduate and trying to apply for the international pharm d program at westernU. Can you tell me what all counts on the application.
I am currently doing MS in Pharmacology.

I have a GPA- 3.94 (b.pharm)
GPA- 3.66 (MS)- 2 more semesters to go
TOEFL-99
2 years pharmacy tech experience.

Thanq and your response is appreciated

So I just found out I got accepted to USC.. I've already been accepted to western. What do you guys think is the better choice?

So I just found out I got accepted to USC.. I've already been accepted to western. What do you guys think is the better choice?

First of all, CONGRATS. Next, if you ask our opinion for which school you should go, my answer is ask yourself which school you like more then choose it. If you still don't know and you don't mind of loosing the deposit, then choose USC because to many people USC is a little bit weighed more than Western. Good luck

First of all, CONGRATS. Next, if you ask our opinion for which school you should go, my answer is ask yourself which school you like more then choose it. If you still don't know and you don't mind of loosing the deposit, then choose USC because to many people USC is a little bit weighed more than Western. Good luck

congrat... but i know many students love to go to USC instead of western...:)

For those who got accepted in July, are you starting class this upcoming fall?

I would definitely choose USC! USC is more of a prestigious school and they have a much better alumni network. I wouldn't think twice. Congrats on getting into both schools and good luck! Let us know what you decided

ok, i think that is it for me...i am ready to go to boston...:( so upset....

I will be giving up my spot. Going to USC :)
good luck everyone.

good luck...usc is my dream school. Hey so when did you call western and let them know you give up your spot?:)

why are usc and western your top choices? the costs of tuition and living is much higher in CA. you'd save yourself a bit going to mcphs boston, as you've indicated in your other thread.