Wayne State vs. St. George vs. Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterytones

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been admitted to two Caribbean schools, St. George and Ross. I also just got into Wayne State off the waitlist. I have lived in Michigan my whole life and am sick of the long freezing winters. I was looking forward to getting out of Michigan but if I go to Wayne, I'm afraid that will never happen. I know St. George and Ross are good schools and I believe I could also get where I want to go from those schools. I am currently interested in neurology. Does anyone have any input for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Allopathic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caribbean

93% of allopathic grads are matched, while ~50% of Caribbean grads are matched. Don't pay $200k for a useless degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to School Specific Discussions.

Also, go to Wayne State and do your residency somewhere sunny and warm. No question.

U.S. med school vs carib?

is this even a serious question?

Edit: sorry for the attitude, but man, come one. go to wayne.

I have been admitted to two Caribbean schools, St. George and Ross. I also just got into Wayne State off the waitlist. I have lived in Michigan my whole life and am sick of the long freezing winters. I was looking forward to getting out of Michigan but if I go to Wayne, I'm afraid that will never happen. I know St. George and Ross are good schools and I believe I could also get where I want to go from those schools. I am currently interested in neurology. Does anyone have any input for me?

Wayne State without question.

ITT OP is patting himself on the back and pretending like the thread is an actual question...

strong attention whoring

Last edited:
Wayne. Wayne. Wayne. Wayne.

The amount you would need to make up for being a non-US MD grad is going to stress you out. My friends who attend Caribbean med schools are ALWAYS inside. Sometimes there are electricity blackouts. One of them dropped out (this is apparently quite common).

I wish I knew you so I could convince you further/ scream "WAYNE" constantly. :)

Uhhhhh......

I think you should know what to do by now. Really.

Spent a while trying to decide whether you're being serious...

I don't know what everyone else is smoking, but you should DEFINITELY go to St. George or Ross. Going to school right on the beach, perfect tropical weather all the time... it's like you're on a perpetual vacation! EXCEPT YOU'RE AT MED SCHOOL! And because you'll practically be on the equator, you'll end up weighing less due to the cetrifugal force caused by earth's rotation!
/sarcasm (if you couldn't tell) :smuggrin:

If you're actually posing a serious question: You could always do you're neurology residency at UM/Jackson in Miami, the largest neurology residency program in the country IIRC (or anywhere else in Florida, Southern California, Arizona, etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
Manbearpig that was Hilarious...very enjoyable.

But seriously is this really a thread. Are we really discussing this? Doesnt anyone with a pulse get into Ross? Wasnt it started by a grain trader in a motel room? Enough said...

SGU is the only med school in existence that the US fought a war to protect...

I know the feeling. Michigan blows sometimes. However, I promise there are Wayne grads all over the country. Go to Wayne, it is only four more years. Do an away rotation 4th year someplace warmer and try to grab a residency there. You'll have an M.D. from a U.S. medical school. Trust me, you'll be able to live pretty much wherever you want.

IS THIS SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!

Come on...WAYNE obviously!

The daughter of a lady I know at work is at Ross. She spends all her free time in the Library studying. Ross crams 4 years of work into the 3 years. You may never see the Beach. This girl is at Ross because she could not get in anywhere in the states. She even did the Master's at Barry but that could not overcome a really low MCAT

These people are right. Go to Wayne State I understand your point about the weather. I live in N. Florida and I do not care for the heat and humidity.

Pretty sure this has to be a troll. Anyone considering a Caribbean school over a U.S. allopathic school because of the weather cannot be serious. But if this is serious, then maybe the OP belongs in the Caribbean.

Allopathic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caribbean

93% of allopathic grads are matched, while ~50% of Caribbean grads are matched. Don't pay $200k for a useless degree.

False. You don't have a bad choice in the bunch. I think St. George's looks incredible. It would be nice to get away for a few years.

False. You don't have a bad choice in the bunch. I think St. George's looks incredible. It would be nice to get away for a few years.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

lolwut? Have you looked at the NRMP's match stats?! Look at pages 8 and 9. 93.3% of US Allopathic seniors matched, while only 47.3% of US Citizens that are grads of foreign schools matched. There ARE bad choices in the bunch, and to say otherwise is to completely ignore the facts.

Last edited:
Med school is not vacation.. if you want to 'get away' then take a year off and live at the beach... While I am all for factoring location into where you go to school, this is an obvious choice. Stats back Wayne, common sense backs Wayne, and think about how furious you would be with yourself if you didnt match from ross or georges...

Status
Not open for further replies.