Wayne State Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my interview date! November 10th at 10:00 AM :) I hope to see some of you there! I'm so nervous!
I swear it seems like I will be the only one they will interview on oct 28!+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

How many of you are doing November 10 at 12 PM?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh yeah for sure lol. This next exam is gonna be so brutal.
i don't think it'll be that bad, i'm reviewing the material again i think honestly the hardest thing is the cardio stuff though. Whats your team #? I wonder if we sit near each other lol

i don't think it'll be that bad, i'm reviewing the material again i think honestly the hardest thing is the cardio stuff though. Whats your team #? I wonder if we sit near each other lol
I'm in team 7 lol. And the most difficult thing for me is the whole thing with alpha and gamma motor neurons, stretch, and receptive fields.

Does anyone know if the dates given (Oct. 28th and Nov. 10th) are the very first interview dates that were given? I'm assuming there are no interviews between then since everyone on here is saying they got offered an interview for either Oct. 28th or Nov. 10th.

Does anyone know if the dates given (Oct. 28th and Nov. 10th) are the very first interview dates that were given? I'm assuming there are no interviews between then since everyone on here is saying they got offered an interview for either Oct. 28th or Nov. 10th.
Also, I don't think so. Those are the two dates that were offered so I doubt theres anything in between.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys preparing for the 30min writing sample we have to do?

How are you guys preparing for the 30min writing sample we have to do?
I'm basically just gonna think about the experiences I've seen when I was shadowing at a pharmacy. From what I've heard, I think they give you a scenario as if you were a pharmacist and basically you have to give your explanation as to how you would handle the situation. If you've ever applied for a pharmacy tech job, they usually give you a survey which asks you scenario-type questions and you have to provide your response to how you would handle that scenario. So I'm assuming the essay will be something along that line. I feel like it will be question(s) that you could assess with common sense for the most part, so I don't think there's really anyway specific way to prepare for it except just reflecting back on any pharmacy experience you've had.

For those of you who have the interview tomorrow, would you please share how it went? Also, good luck to all of you who have your interview tomorrow!

For those of you who have the interview tomorrow, would you please share how it went? Also, good luck to all of you who have your interview tomorrow!

Will do! I'm expected a good day. If its anything like my Michigan interview, the 30min will go by extremely quickly lol. With Wayne being my 1st choice, big day!

Will do! I'm expected a good day. If its anything like my Michigan interview, the 30min will go by extremely quickly lol. With Wayne being my 1st choice, big day!
What kind of questions did they ask at the Michigan interview?

What kind of questions did they ask at the Michigan interview?

It was like "Why Pharmacy", "What attracted you to Michigan", "outside of school, what do you like to do", "Tell us about a time that you had to work with someone you didn't get along with", and one ethical Q. It was so conversational and real easy to talk with them.

I'm in team 7 lol. And the most difficult thing for me is the whole thing with alpha and gamma motor neurons, stretch, and receptive fields.
OMG i'm in team 9 lol this is hilarious we go in like sequential order LOL yeah and totally agree that stupid alpha gamma crap is seriously getting on my nerves -___-

Okay, so the day went smoothly! the writing sample was easy nothing to worry about. Also, the interview... Almost everyone that I asked said it was a conversation more than anything. For me it was little different... I felt they focused so much on the fact that I lacked experience. I couldn't volunteer or job shadow because I am only 17... Also, focused a lot on that. I did not think my interview went very well.:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

They said they would get back to us within a week.

Today was solid. Not as confident in my interview as I was for MIchigan, but the writing sample was easy. Hopefully I did better than I thought in the interview

Today was solid. Not as confident in my interview as I was for MIchigan, but the writing sample was easy. Hopefully I did better than I thought in the interview
Were you in the morning group(10am)? if you were, were you the one that said the cabin in the woods joke LMAO?

Why did you feel the interview was as good as the others? Was it the questions?

I mean it started well, then I was asked like "What do you look for in a pharm school?" Almost caught off guard a bit with this one. Stated things that I knew Wayne had, and explained why they were important. I would say one, explain it, and the interviewer would ask: is that it? Then I would name a few more. Also the interviewers were kinda "meh". Didn't seem overly into it, but they were nice. I did have a good conversation at the end that I found very interesting so that was something. Will find out within 48hrs hopefully!

I mean it started well, then I was asked like "What do you look for in a pharm school?" Almost caught off guard a bit with this one. Stated things that I knew Wayne had, and explained why they were important. I would say one, explain it, and the interviewer would ask: is that it? Then I would name a few more. Also the interviewers were kinda "meh". Didn't seem overly into it, but they were nice. I did have a good conversation at the end that I found very interesting so that was something. Will find out within 48hrs hopefully!
the "meh" part is what I got too. I just felt they got tired of me quickly... but I guess thats how they interview. I know 48 hours is set as countdown in my phone!!! so anxious.

what questions were you asked?

Okay, so the day went smoothly! the writing sample was easy nothing to worry about. Also, the interview... Almost everyone that I asked said it was a conversation more than anything. For me it was little different... I felt they focused so much on the fact that I lacked experience. I couldn't volunteer or job shadow because I am only 17... Also, focused a lot on that. I did not think my interview went very well.:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

They said they would get back to us within a week.

what questions were you asked? you mentioned they focused on your no experience....so besides that did they pick on any other details?

Also, how come you weren't as confident? like was it because of the questions or the interviewers?

what questions were you asked? you mentioned they focused on your no experience....so besides that did they pick on any other details?
Well... the other questions were very generic. They asked me what other careers interested me and why I picked pharmacy. Also, you interview with a faculty member and a 4th year student. The 4th year student asked me about my strengths, I mentioned my leadership skills and my time management skills then they asked me further questions relating to that. It was not bad but it was not good. I couldn't tell whether they liked me or not.

Before you actually interview you get a chance to meet with other applicants. Use this opprotunity to relax and come down. Talk to people! I honestly loved every minute of it. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and nice. The interviews usually last 15-20 minutes.

Well... the other questions were very generic. They asked me what other careers interested me and why I picked pharmacy. Also, you interview with a faculty member and a 4th year student. The 4th year student asked me about my strengths, I mentioned my leadership skills and my time management skills then they asked me further questions relating to that. It was not bad but it was not good. I couldn't tell whether they liked me or not.

so as just an estimate how many questions did they ask you? like do you recall? and how many other ppl were in the tour group to be interviewed?

so as just an estimate how many questions did they ask you? like do you recall? and how many other ppl were in the tour group to be interviewed?
I would say about 8 questions. let me think...
First question was tell me about yourself...
Answer: i am 17 years old blah blahb started college early and here I am blah blah
Second question: So you have no pharmacy experience.. (not so much of a question)
Answer: My age has been very problematic in getting any experience in pharmacy. I tried contacting many pharmacies to job shadow or volunteer but unfortunately my age was a problem blah blah blah
Why pharmacy?
Answer: it provides many opportunities.... Then I talked about why wayne state and focused on their research programs...
What other careers have you thought of going into...?
Answer: medicine but It would not have suited me because of the amount of patient contact and the fact I can not stay de-attached from a patient. (should have never said that last part) she focused on it) Also, web developing blah blah
What will you do if you do not get accepted..?
Get my bachelor's degree and apply again.
What are your strengths?
answer:...
haha I actually counted and I believe there were about 13-15. Some arrived late.

I would say about 8 questions. let me think...
First question was tell me about yourself...
Answer: i am 17 years old blah blahb started college early and here I am blah blah
Second question: So you have no pharmacy experience.. (not so much of a question)
Answer: My age has been very problematic in getting any experience in pharmacy. I tried contacting many pharmacies to job shadow or volunteer but unfortunately my age was a problem blah blah blah
Why pharmacy?
Answer: it provides many opportunities.... Then I talked about why wayne state and focused on their research programs...
What other careers have you thought of going into...?
Answer: medicine but It would not have suited me because of the amount of patient contact and the fact I can not stay de-attached from a patient. (should have never said that last part) she focused on it) Also, web developing blah blah
What will you do if you do not get accepted..?
Get my bachelor's degree and apply again.
What are your strengths?
answer:...
haha I actually counted and I believe there were about 13-15. Some arrived late.

Thanks for being so thorough! i'm trying to do my resume right now :/ i'm annoyed because its like i'm use to doing it for job but not for a school like wtf -___-

guys for your resume did you put references? i'm thinking we already gave them letter of references, i'm thinking i should put those same peoples information on the reference list if they do want it....

guys for your resume did you put references? i'm thinking we already gave them letter of references, i'm thinking i should put those same peoples information on the reference list if they do want it....

I did not

I feel bad to ask but i want someone to post their resume they put on so to get an idea of what i have looks good....did your interview go good overall?
Just make it like a regular resume but address to Wayne State. Honestly, it was more just like a summary of everything in pharmcas..

Just make it like a regular resume but address to Wayne State. Honestly, it was more just like a summary of everything in pharmcas..
yeah thats what i basically have done so far, thanks

If you are unsure about your resume, then it would be advantageous to you if you visited your university's career center. They tend to have professionals that specialize in helping you create a suitable resume for school applications.

Got accepted
hey congrats! since you've gotten accepted, you mind sharing how you did your resume? :) like the headings? i've pretty much done education, work experience, health care experience, and extracurriculars....did you do a cover letter?

also what were the Q's you were asked during your interview?