Wayne State Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am pretty sure they already did but does anyone know how many are on it that would be great to find out!
Oh rly? What makes you say that? Do you know people who were contacted? And I read somewhere that they usually place about 50 people on the alternate list. Although, this info could be outdated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh rly? What makes you say that? Do you know people who were contacted? And I read somewhere that they usually place about 50 people on the alternate list. Although, this info could be outdated.
Well Ik a couple people who already denied their acceptance so pretty sure they started accepting people from waitlist...

Well Ik a couple people who already denied their acceptance so pretty sure they started accepting people from waitlist...
I called Tamra and apparently they haven't contacted anyone from the alternate list yet. That's odd, considering you know people who denied their offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Tamra and apparently they haven't contacted anyone from the alternate list yet. That's odd, considering you know people who denied their offer.
I know am not getting in I am in the bottom 50% she said so hoping I get in at my second choice...

She told you your ranking on the list? I thought they don't give out that kind of information?
Yea they don't but I emailed her just to get some kind of update to where am at since I've been waiting from October she didn't say exactly but just that am at bottom 50%....

Its a long wait I guess, since they could be accepting people up until classes start next Fall

Hey! So has anyone heard any updates pertaining to the wait list? Is it moving? How many people are on it? Where anyone stands? Also, based on previous years, does anyone know when "most" people would drop their spot? I mean, I know that people can drop up to the start of the program, but I feel at this point, if the list has not moved much (if at all), it's because the accepted candidates for the class of 2019 are pretty set on their decision to go to wayne! Unless any unforeseen circumstances should arise for these candidates, I think it is safe to say that the list won't be moving much! Maybe I am just feeling negative and discouraged though! Congrats to those who got in btw :)

Hey! So has anyone heard any updates pertaining to the wait list? Is it moving? How many people are on it? Where anyone stands? Also, based on previous years, does anyone know when "most" people would drop their spot? I mean, I know that people can drop up to the start of the program, but I feel at this point, if the list has not moved much (if at all), it's because the accepted candidates for the class of 2019 are pretty set on their decision to go to wayne! Unless any unforeseen circumstances should arise for these candidates, I think it is safe to say that the list won't be moving much! Maybe I am just feeling negative and discouraged though! Congrats to those who got in btw :)
Well they cut the waitlist in half and anyone in the bottom 50% were removed including me so no more waiting for me yay lol anyways good luck to everyone else I might just change my whole career!

Hi. I was on the alternate list and got accepted so it definitely moved! It's only early march there's still time :)

Hi. I was on the alternate list and got accepted so it definitely moved! It's only early march there's still time :)
Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when did you get the acceptance letter?

@ ALE~X~PRESS , I am sorry to hear that you were removed from the wait list -on the bright side, you won't be waiting anxiously until the end of August for a response from Wayne. The fact that they even made the list shorter by 50% might be an indication that not many people gave up their spot in comparison to previous years, so I guess it was just a very competitive applicant pool this year. Either way, if this is what you want, reapply! Don't give up. If not, best of luck in whatever path you choose to go.

As for the people who got in from the waitlist, I am so glad that the list is moving (even slightly), and congrats! If anyone gets in off the waitlist, or if you hear others that do, can you post an update on this thread for those of us that are anxiously waiting (please and thank you!). I will do the same.

Hey guys, I was placed on the alternate list as well and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard anything new? Were there more people accepted from the alternate list? Is it too late at this point?

Just wanted to see what my chances are:

UM-Dearborn Biochemistry major graduating in April
GPA: 3.37
It was very high in my freshman year but went down in sophomore and junior year due to working many hours. Financial situation.

PCAT: 76

Worked for 10 months at a department store
Worked for a little over a year at Walgreens as a pharmtech.
Got certified as a pharm tech.
Have some volunteer experience at a local hospital

Please let me know what u guys think. I am applying for Fall 2016.

Just wanted to see what my chances are:

UM-Dearborn Biochemistry major graduating in April
GPA: 3.37
It was very high in my freshman year but went down in sophomore and junior year due to working many hours. Financial situation.

PCAT: 76

Worked for 10 months at a department store
Worked for a little over a year at Walgreens as a pharmtech.
Got certified as a pharm tech.
Have some volunteer experience at a local hospital

Please let me know what u guys think. I am applying for Fall 2016.
I guess give it a shot I have a similar resume except for a 81 Pcat and 3.4 gpa but got waitlisted then denied last year I wouldn't rely heavily on this school like I did!