Wayne State Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Oh yeah I meant to ask this as well, what are your extracurriculars?

Not a ton, but I have done a couple pharmacist shadows, had volunteered in a bio lab for half a year or so at my school, and have volunteered at my local hospital since last December.

Members don't see this ad.

May be because I am an "out of state student", and they want to give some early ones to in state students. Who knows lol

May be because I am an "out of state student", and they want to give some early ones to in state students. Who knows lol
It is strange you did not receive one. I do not believe it has anything to do with your EC. I have not shadowed a single pharmacist yet. Stupid age restrictions. I would contact Tamra; she is super nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is strange you did not receive one. I do not believe it has anything to do with your EC. I have not shadowed a single pharmacist yet. Stupid age restrictions. I would contact Tamra; she is super nice.

Yea I sent Tamra an email earlier just to clarify the situation. And I know from talking to one of the Dean's last year when I went for a meeting with Tamra (Tamra was sick that day, so I ended up talking to Dean Slaughter) that ECs only count for about 5% of the overall package. 35% PCAT 35% GPA, 25% interview, and the 5% ECs. Although the GPA and Interview may be switched in weight, cannot remember off the top of my head

Got an invite this morning lol. e-Mailed Tamra and she said invites to international students would come out "Very Shortly", and sure enough 3 hours later there it is. I think I'll be doing the 28th. Get it out of the way.

Got an invite this morning lol. e-Mailed Tamra and she said invites to international students would come out "Very Shortly", and sure enough 3 hours later there it is. I think I'll be doing the 28th. Get it out of the way.
Glad to hear you got the interview I was confused as to why you didn't at first. Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Did you pick the 10 am or the 11 am? I am beyond excited/nervous.

Did you pick the 10 am or the 11 am? I am beyond excited/nervous.

I have the afternoon one. Guess it starts at noon from what Tamra wrote? And I am much more excited about this one than mine at Michigan one lol. I like how they break down the day where you start by talking with an advisor, then a tour, then the interview part. It'll be good to get there, get comfortable, and then talk

But it does feel good to be in the first interview group. More spots available for us!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting for my PharmCas to be verified :bored:. Submitted mine Sept. 29

It stinks that I have an exam on the 28th too! Im still debating if I should go with the later or rush back for my exam

I'm still waiting for my PharmCas to be verified :bored:. Submitted mine Sept. 29

Shoudn't take too much longer I dont think. Mine was about 2 and a half weeks I think, so yours should be processed soon I'd imagine

It stinks that I have an exam on the 28th too! Im still debating if I should go with the later or rush back for my exam
Have you tried speaking with the professor about rescheduling the exam? I have an exam and my professor is letting me take it later in the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I was wrong about my GPA. It was 3.71 from my school, but because I am from Canada, I had to have it evaluated by the World Education Services, and it dropped to 3.43, and that is the GPA they will consider. Not a huge difference really. If the average admissions last year was a 3.6 GPA, its like comparing a 78% to 79%.

Have you tried speaking with the professor about rescheduling the exam? I have an exam and my professor is letting me take it later in the day.
Yeah, she said that she doesn't reschedule and I would take a 0 for the exam but it will be replaced with half my final. It seems too stressful to be honest.

Yeah, she said that she doesn't reschedule and I would take a 0 for the exam but it will be replaced with half my final. It seems too stressful to be honest.
wth... That's bull****, she should have at least gave you an option to take it before the official test date.

Shoudn't take too much longer I dont think. Mine was about 2 and a half weeks I think, so yours should be processed soon I'd imagine
Lol nvm it just got verified today. 3.78 pharmcas gpa.

I'm also in that Bio 3200 class!

Lol nvm it just got verified today. 3.78 pharmcas gpa.

I'm also in that Bio 3200 class!
I will have to take that next semester if I get accepted, I heard its hell... I had A&P at Macomb but I am not sure how much different bio 3200 will be.

I will have to take that next semester if I get accepted, I heard its hell... I had A&P at Macomb but I am not sure how much different bio 3200 will be.
Honestly I think its easier than A&P. The material is a little more in-depth obviously, but I think the fact that it doesn't include an anatomy portion is what makes it easier in terms of the work load.

Last edited:
lol i'm in BIO3200 too i scheduled my interview on Nov 10 b/c of the freaking exam we have

A and P is harder than Human Phys you got less credits and she tests on broader concepts not the specifics

lol tell me about it i'm just like thanks Myhr thanks a bunch couldn't changed the date of the second exam either? lol
I know but what can we do lol..luckily we still got an interview in the first cycle so November 10th i'm pretty content with. Does anyone know roughly about how many people interview on the given interview days?

Michigan's was 10, so I would guess about the same? Maybe a few more?

OMG only 10? that is making me feel alot better. I'm so worried they'll be alot of people interviewed before our date. Even though its only just one day of morning and afternoon people.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't be too many people. That does make me feel more comfortable. So very very worst case scenario by the time the November 10th interview date comes, there will still be probably at least 80 spots open.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't be too many people. That does make me feel more comfortable. So very very worst case scenario by the time the November 10th interview date comes, there will still be probably at least 80 spots open.

your stats are pretty good though so your honestly in a no worry zone, me on the other hand am at like the if they're feeling happy and generous still lol maybe i won't get wait listed

your stats are pretty good though so your honestly in a no worry zone, me on the other hand am at like the if they're feeling happy and generous still lol maybe i won't get wait listed
I hope so I'm nervous about what questions they'll ask. What are your stats?

ik i saw the questions on sdn some of them and was like :rage: i have a 3.52 gpa 72 pcat and then 3.32 science gpa though :yeahright:
I think you'll be ok. Since you got an interview invite this early that's always a good sign. Just nail the interview and I think you'll get in.

How are you guys preparing for it? I am going to go over questions that they could ask. Also, What are you bringing with you on the day of the interview? I do not see why they need a resume :eyebrow:

How are you guys preparing for it? I am going to go over questions that they could ask. Also, What are you bringing with you on the day of the interview? I do not see why they need a resume :eyebrow:
I'm gonna just search the forums for common interview questions and think of responses I would say if it came up on my interview. It doesn't really specify anything to bring but I might bring a copy of my transcript or something. They probably need the resume because the interviewers will most likely have the copy of it with them when they interview you so they could ask you questions about extracurricular, job experience, etc.

I'm gonna just search the forums for common interview questions and think of responses I would say if it came up on my interview. It doesn't really specify anything to bring but I might bring a copy of my transcript or something. They probably need the resume because the interviewers will most likely have the copy of it with them when they interview you so they could ask you questions about extracurricular, job experience, etc.

Do you mind sending me the Q's you find or posting them on here? I'll do the same for you if i can. If your a WSU student they'll have our transcripts already won't they? I'm wondering if its basically copy and paste of the PharmCas info really for the extracurricular and job sections for our resume....

some girl did post that they ask why pharmacy? why this school? why do you want to be a pharmacist? the general questions. And at both interviews i had so far i was asked about current healthcare problems! I hope they ask me that again.

1 - Just read something that said there are 20-30 people per interview group, so between the 28th and 10th, there will be between 80-120 people interviewed.

2- IN 2013, there were about 220 interviews and 150-155 positions offered (trend is an increase)

3- Average GPA in 2013 was 3.55ish, with 81st PCAT (highest it had been since at least 2008, 74th in 2012 and 69th in 2011)

4 - I'm looking for specific reasons as to "Why Wayne State", which could be a question. If anyone has a source for this where I could get some solid info, that would be appreciated!

(source: http://www.cphs.wayne.edu/pharmd/doc/pharmacy_dashboardjuly2013.pdf)

I'm sure it varies from school to school. But I assume the main ones to be asked are the ones mentioned above (Why WSU, Why pharmacy, Why do you wanna be a pharmacist). I could also see them asking questions about maybe how your extracurricular or work experience would help you apply skills and knowledge you've learned from them into being a pharmacist.

My application was verified on October 15th. I just got my interview invite today! They gave me the same dates either October 28th or November 10th. My GPA is 3.83 and my PCAT score is 79 (99 chemistry, quanitative 85, biology 40, reading 60, verbal 18). I am taking the PCAT again on October 29th. I don't know if it's better to go to the interview before or after I've taken it because I'm scared I might get a lower grade. Any ideas? Because I also don't want to go to the inteview a day before my PCAT! It would be too stressful.

I also just got my interview invite today. Since I also have the Human Physiology exam on the 28th I'm going with November 10.

My application was verified on October 15th. I just got my interview invite today! They gave me the same dates either October 28th or November 10th. My GPA is 3.83 and my PCAT score is 79 (99 chemistry, quanitative 85, biology 40, reading 60, verbal 18). I am taking the PCAT again on October 29th. I don't know if it's better to go to the interview before or after I've taken it because I'm scared I might get a lower grade. Any ideas? Because I also don't want to go to the inteview a day before my PCAT! It would be too stressful.
I would probably do it on the 10th to give yourself a more comfortable time frame between.

I am so worried if I can not get into wayne state BIO 3200! they did not accept me last year when I applied as dual enrolled student. I am still a dual enrolled student -.-

I am so worried if I can not get into wayne state BIO 3200! they did not accept me last year when I applied as dual enrolled student. I am still a dual enrolled student -.-

If you can't enrol in BIO3200 at the school, you can take a course called Pathophysiology at Davenport, done online. Pricey, yes (about $2800), but gets you the pre-req

If you can't enrol in BIO3200 at the school, you can take a course called Pathophysiology at Davenport, done online. Pricey, yes (about $2800), but gets you the pre-req
that beyond my budget! My HS is gonna screw me big time if they won't pay for my classes. If only wayne's advisers would call back :rage:

i honestly think your gpa makes up for your pcat if you think its lacking. I remember them saying at one of those monthly meetings if someone got a 3.2 and had a pcat thats like 90+ they are fine and if someone with like a 3.8 had a low pcat then it makes up for it.

BTW guys i bet oct 28 afternoon is open only because we Human Phys people are doing Nov 10 :D

Reactions: 1 users
BTW guys i bet oct 28 afternoon is open only because we Human Phys people are doing Nov 10 :D
I bet it is! Making it easier for me :bow: Also, I applied for udergrad and they declined me because my HS gpa is 2.7 but my college GPA is 3.88. I am still in high school so they refused to use my college GPA -.-

I just got my interview date! November 10th at 10:00 AM :) I hope to see some of you there! I'm so nervous!