WAMC 3.87/ 514 reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

send_help

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
All of the hours I'm listing here are what I plan to have as of May of this year
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.87 cGPA/3.75 sGPA
  2. MCAT score(s) : 514
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): OH
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: ORM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Public state school, nothing special
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
    ~175 volunteer hours hrs at a free clinic, ~250 hours at hospitals
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~200 hours in a lab during undergrad, 300 hours in a lab during a gap year summer, 100 hours + a (likely) publication for private practice. May also have a presentation coming up for a paper I contributed like 10 hours to
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~150 ortho shadowing hours, 15 plastics, and a decent chunk of my free clinic time could probably be classified as family med shadowing
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~150 hours at a foodbank, ~250-300 hours doing virtual tutoring
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Involved in a few clubs during college
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Scholarship from my university, Dean's/President's list every semester of undergrad but I didn't mention that last time around bc I think most premeds have that
  12. Employment: 2k+ hours doing software development in my gap years and a decent chunk of that could also be classified as leadership experience
  13. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Nearly all of my clinical hours and over half of my volunteer hours will have been accrued over about ~18 months during my gap years. I'm a little worried schools will expect more given my gap years but I was also working full time and I'm probably just neurotic. I'm still shooting for MD schools this time around

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools when you reapply:
Toledo
Wright State
NEOMED
Cincinnati
Ohio State
West Virginia
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin