VMCVM Class of 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do y’all think this will be the week ?
I personally do. I heard from them on 12/9 last year and 12/3 the year before so I feel that as long as they are still on the same timeline then it will be some time this week

Reactions: 2 users
If anyones that interviewed with Virginia Maryland before- would you mind sharing your stats at the time???

If anyones that interviewed with Virginia Maryland before- would you mind sharing your stats at the time???
3.55 cGPA, last 45 3.9 something, science gpa 3.4
i had like 3,000 hours, some leadership roles, and also did some research. My class is VERY DIVERSE, so my best recommendation is don’t look at stats for vmcvm, be yourself

Best of luck to y’all! :biglove:

My interview invite went to spam, so check there too!

Reactions: 3 users
Someone in the Facebook group said they contacted admissions and they said it would be towards the end of December. I hope not because my anxiety cannot wait that long 😅

Reactions: 4 users
Someone in the Facebook group said they contacted admissions and they said it would be towards the end of December. I hope not because my anxiety cannot wait that long 😅
Oh gosh no way!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone else on the Facebook page says they contacted admissions and were told by the end of next week!

Is the anticipation driving anyone else crazy? 🙃

Lol yup, was just about to comment this myself I'm really hoping it's this week cuz i honestly just wanna hear from all my schools already

I swear Ive gained 10 pounds since this all started I’m so beyond stressed and of course binge eating!

Reactions: 1 user
I just saw someone post on the APVMA Facebook group that they contacted admissions and they decisions will be out by the end of next week

• Sad
I swear Ive gained 10 pounds since this all started I’m so beyond stressed and of course binge eating!
I have never felt this so much in my life 🤫 😩 I just want this part over with!

People keep asking did I hear back. Please let me be! I am already nervous!!
I always feel so bad about this — I know people are asking because they care and want to know, but it’s always the stress point in the back of my mind, so I’m like “Nope, not yet, still slowly dying of anticipation and anxiety 🥲”

• Care
People keep asking did I hear back. Please let me be! I am already

I always feel so bad about this — I know people are asking because they care and want to know, but it’s always the stress point in the back of my mind, so I’m like “Nope, not yet, still slowly dying of anticipation and anxiety 🥲”
Yes! Especially at family events (Thanksgiving) I felt like the MAIN topic. All eyes were on me. And of course with this being my third cycle applying, I feel even more anxiety and pressure because I don't like the face of disappointment I get when I don't get the response I hoped for.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Yes! Especially at family events (Thanksgiving) I felt like the MAIN topic. All eyes were on me. And of course with this being my third cycle applying, I feel even more anxiety and pressure because I don't like the face of disappointment I get when I don't get the response I hoped for.
I’m also a 3rd time applicant!! The pressure is real 😫 the invisible stress that is just constant during cycles is aging me, I swear

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I’ve just refused to tell almost everyone (with the exception of my parents, partner, advisors, and like two close friends) any updates about my applications and most of the people I know don’t know I’ve applied. I knew that I couldn’t handle people constantly asking about my applications because I know they want to know and they care about my future, like you said.

One of the vets I shadowed and have known since I was a middle schooler told me that this would be one of the most nerve wracking times of my life and the more people I tell the more pressure I’ve subconsciously put on myself.

I swear we all need therapy just from the application process lol

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Third time applicant here as well. I try to talk very little about updates from schools as possible unless someone asks me directly. i’m just tired of having to rely disappointing news over and over :/

• Care
I’m so anxious, I just hope it isn’t bad news :/

• Care
In the past, what time have they sent out emails?

In the past, what time have they sent out emails?
last year i received my email at 6:01pm and the year prior at 3:01pm both EST. So a pretty wide range lol. Does anyone else think today will be the day?

I keep telling myself it will be next thrusday so I don’t get my hopes up for today!

Whether it's today or next week, good luck to all of y'all!! :xf::biglove:

My class didn't do interviews, so I'm not as familiar with the process, but I'm still happy to give advice on what they're looking for and answer questions about the school/curriculum.

I’m also a 3rd time applicant!! The pressure is real 😫 the invisible stress that is just constant during cycles is aging me, I swear
I have never felt something so much in my life! Lol. :confused: I am grateful that I have naturally blonde hair, otherwise these grey hairs I have now would be quite noticeable. :rofl: Keep your head up though, I bet this is our year/cycle to get in, making all the stress and worth it! 🤞

• Care
Whether today is our day to find out our fate, be proud of yourself! It takes a lot for each of us to go out on a limb and take a chance such as this, only to be told no. Regardless, we are good enough for greatness is this world!

Good luck everyone!

• Love
8810FD55-01DA-492E-990C-F654784B1D44.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
For any current traditional or non- traditional students, what were stats like when you had applied to VMCVM?

Nervous Panic GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down
Not me just hitting the refresh button over and over on my email:cautious:

For any current traditional or non- traditional students, what were stats like when you had applied to VMCVM?
Mine are in the successful applicants c/o 2024 thread, but I wouldn’t get too caught up in the comparison game. Adcoms look at the whole package and things like essays and letters aren’t reflected in stats.

Nevertheless, I was a non-traditional low-GPA non-resident applicant :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Mine are in the successful applicants c/o 2024 thread, but I wouldn’t get too caught up in the comparison game. Adcoms look at the whole package and things like essays and letters aren’t reflected in stats.

Nevertheless, I was a non-traditional low-GPA non-resident applicant :)
Hey! Did they say why they accepted you? How was your interview?

Welp today is officially 12/9 let’s see if it’ll be the day 👀

Hey! Did they say why they accepted you? How was your interview?
No, though it would be really neat if they told us! I've noticed that there are quite a few non-trads in my class and it seems like they value unique experiences. Do they still have the resiliency essay? When I applied I know they really valued resiliency as a trait. In my essay I talked about my mediocre engineering grades from years prior and how I built resilience until my time of application by continuing to work as an engineer while taking my prereqs and getting veterinary experiences (many of those years I was moonlighting as a vet assistant after hours). It was really challenging at times. Also my last 45 credit GPA was a 4.0 when I applied, which demonstrated that I could be successful academically despite all the things I was juggling.

My interview here was my favorite of all interviews! My class was the last to interview in person. There were I think 8 questions/scenarios, some were personal, one was creative, another was a game, and one was a "tell me about a time when..." iirc. Prior to the interview they emphasized the importance of being yourself/genuine so that's exactly what I did. I laughed in one room, definitely cried in another room. My biggest piece of advice is to have fun with it and be real!

The school definitely isn't perfect (no school is), but I love it here and most of my classmates are such great humans :giggle:

• Care
Interview invite !!! Omgggggggggg

• Love
Interview invite for the DVM and the PhD/DVM.

• Love