VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know if a letter of intent would be helpful for VCU? I interviewed in September and haven't heard anything /:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here who interviewed at VCU that I can message? I have my interview coming up and I'm a bit nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
Have anyone who interviewed at VCU recently heard back??

Interviewed end of January, just got my acceptance!!! In state. So excited !!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed in October, got my acceptance email at 9am this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, I interviewed at the beginning of October and never heard back.

Edit: Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances thus far!

Sure!

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.62, 3.72 when I applied in the summer, with the academic update it's now a 3.67, 3.76 (gpa since fall 2019 has averaged around a 3.9)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/26/No

My major is business, with a double minor in chemistry and biology.

My wife's family all lives in Virginia so I thought I'd have a better chance with that connection.

Good luck to anyone else!

Also rejected without interview this morning at 8:45 AM PST.

Sure!

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.62, 3.72 when I applied in the summer, with the academic update it's now a 3.67, 3.76 (gpa since fall 2019 has averaged around a 3.9)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/26/No

My major is business, with a double minor in chemistry and biology.

My wife's family all lives in Virginia so I thought I'd have a better chance with that connection.

Good luck to anyone else!
Your Stats is good enough! Have you got any acceptance from other schools?

Rejected w/o interview 2/21 11am pst. I applied back in july.

Last edited:
I'm in state, so YES! :)
Same so I will see you this summer!

For anyone who really wants VCU and didn’t get in this year, I’ve realized VCU seems to care a lot about volunteer hours, clinical experience, and letters of recommendation. Even more so than other schools. So if you get a lot of clinical and volunteer experience in this year, it’ll really help your chances for next year. Good luck everyone! It’s an emotional roller coaster for sure.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out?

When will the next set of acceptances be sent out? Dying over here!! Had an interview, still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? I interviewed on Jan 28 and still waiting...

Just got accepted at 4pm! Interviewed on 10/22/21.

Received a D.5 acceptance today as well. Was not provided any information beyond a few sentences of what the program was and the classes I would be taking. Anyone know the cost of the program?

I also got invited Wednesday into the D.5 program! Congrats ! But yes information was a little sparse ha

Has anyone heard anything yet from the waitlist? I'm still waiting and it's freaking me out

I still haven't heard from them since my interview in Jan, anyone else?

Anyone still on waitlist after an interview?

I'm trying to sort out my living arrangements. Does anyone know what the day-to-day time and attendance commitments are? For example, would we generally be on campus 5 days a week from 8am to 5pm, is attendance mandatory, are there online recordings, etc. I'm trying to figure out how long of a commute I am comfortable with.