VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
That is reassuring to know that they take a long time generally. To answer your question, my husband and I share a name. I have always been interested in pharmacy. He is a dentist. I know it is confusing. :)

Hey, sorry I don't know the answers to these questions, but I did want to say good luck! and yeah they are slow!

It appears that many people are waiting for the admissions committee to convene. May I ask why the switch from dental to pharm?

Members don't see this ad.

someone call tomorrow and see whats up and when they gonna let us know. i would but i've called too many times already aha

i emailed melissa again tonight but i feel like i am being annoying lol. i just want to know nowwww, why are they torturing us and making us wait this long!?!?

Melissa informed me that they are holding one more interview session (which I am assuming is this Saturday... I hope!) but doesn't know when the adcom will convene to review all of the interviewees' applications and make final decisions. So I wouldn't hold your breath, for anyone who is expecting to hear back really soon... I just think it's going to be at least 2 more weeks until we hear anything... sucks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Melissa informed me that they are holding one more interview session (which I am assuming is this Saturday... I hope!) but doesn't know when the adcom will convene to review all of the interviewees' applications and make final decisions. So I wouldn't hold your breath, for anyone who is expecting to hear back really soon... I just think it's going to be at least 2 more weeks until we hear anything... sucks!

THANKS for checking. This wait is killer.

+pity++pity++pity++pity+

Has anyone heard anything yet from the interviews held late January-March?

nope, still no word. but i'd expect something soon....hopefully. hard to even guess at this point!:confused:

this wait is killing meeeee.... i don't know how it could possibly take this long!! ahhh

this wait is killing meeeee.... i don't know how it could possibly take this long!! ahhh

So the last interview date was this saturday? As in tom? so if we didnt get an interview yet looks like were rejected?

Who said the last one is tomorrow? Is this confirmed???

Who said the last one is tomorrow? Is this confirmed???

I am a P1, the last interviews were last week. This does not mean they will not interview anymore. The original last interview was two interviews ago.

I am a P1, the last interviews were last week. This does not mean they will not interview anymore. The original last interview was two interviews ago.

so do you think the admissions committee will be meeting this week to make final decisions? since interviews are officially over

Members don't see this ad :)
so do you think the admissions committee will be meeting this week to make final decisions? since interviews are officially over
Lets hope so. I'm checking my email like...6 times a day now maybe more!

Hello everybody. My name is Stacy Chen. I just got into the VCU-MCV pharmacy class of 2015 I will be a P1 in the fall of 2011. I am looking for a female roommate for the coming school year. I have a 2 year lease at Cedar Broad and it's brand new. It's in downtown Richmond and the address is 1820 E. Broad St. It's about 10 minutes walk and is a 2 bed and 2 baths apartment. The rent is $1129 for 2 people, so it would be $564 and includes cable, T.V., internet. You only have to pay for $20 trash, electricity and water. However, in the beginning, they will give you $600 free money where you can use it to pay for rent too. It would be approximately $600 for the first year and $630 for the second year. I am very quiet, try to be neat, and I will respect your privacy. If you are interested and want to know more information please email me at [email protected] or call me at (434) 227-2764. Email is probably quicker. I wish everyone good luck!:)

Stacy Chen

Hello everybody. My name is Stacy Chen. I just got into the VCU-MCV pharmacy class of 2015 I will be a P1 in the fall of 2011. I am looking for a female roommate for the coming school year. I have a 2 year lease at Cedar Broad and it's brand new. It's in downtown Richmond and the address is 1820 E. Broad St. It's about 10 minutes walk and is a 2 bed and 2 baths apartment. The rent is $1129 for 2 people, so it would be $564 and includes cable, T.V., internet. You only have to pay for $20 trash, electricity and water. However, in the beginning, they will give you $600 free money where you can use it to pay for rent too. It would be approximately $600 for the first year and $630 for the second year. I am very quiet, try to be neat, and I will respect your privacy. If you are interested and want to know more information please email me at [email protected] or call me at (434) 227-2764. Email is probably quicker. I wish everyone good luck!:)
Stacy Chen

when did you interview and when did you hear?

Hello everybody. Congratulations for getting in! My name is Stacy Chen. I just got into the VCU-MCV pharmacy class of 2015 I will be a P1 in the fall of 2011. I am looking for a female roommate for the coming school year. I have a 2 year lease at Cedar Broad and it's brand new. It's in downtown Richmond and the address is 1820 E. Broad St. It's about 10 minutes walk and is a 2 bed and 2 baths apartment. The rent is $1129 for 2 people, so it would be $564 and includes cable, T.V., internet. You only have to pay for $20 trash, electricity and water. However, in the beginning, they will give you $600 free money where you can use it to pay for rent too. It is approximately $600 for the first year and $630 for the second year. I am very quiet, try to be neat, and I will respect your privacy. If you are interested and want to know more information please email me at [email protected] or call me at (434) 227-2764. Email is probably quicker.
Stacy Chen

when did you interview and when did you hear?
She interviewed in the first interview. I know because she interviewed with me, lol...we interviewed early decision back in September...

Hi,
That is reassuring to know that they take a long time generally. To answer your question, my husband and I share a name. I have always been interested in pharmacy. He is a dentist. I know it is confusing. :)
Oh wow thats really cool. I hope you get in :)

I'm not sure if I will even get an interview! No one has contacted me regarding that and it is already April 12th! Everytime I call they keep informing me that my application is under preliminary review. How long does preliminary review take at this school?!? At some other institutions, preliminary review is occurs within a day or so. I have to make my mind up about certain other schools, but VCU was one of my top choices. I just wish I could get an interview invite here, but doesn't look like that is happening.

Thanks for the information. Is there any way you can find out if there will be future interview dates for this school?

has anyone heard anythinggggg? i feel like we have to hear something this week!

I'm not sure if I will even get an interview! No one has contacted me regarding that and it is already April 12th! Everytime I call they keep informing me that my application is under preliminary review. How long does preliminary review take at this school?!? At some other institutions, preliminary review is occurs within a day or so. I have to make my mind up about certain other schools, but VCU was one of my top choices. I just wish I could get an interview invite here, but doesn't look like that is happening.

It took about two weeks.

has anyone heard anythinggggg? i feel like we have to hear something this week!

not yet, i called them, they told me that they have not make all the final decisions. My friend interviewed at late January and got accepted four weeks later. why are they taking so long for our session or just us?

not yet, i called them, they told me that they have not make all the final decisions. My friend interviewed at late January and got accepted four weeks later. why are they taking so long for our session or just us?

Are they still doing interviews?

Yeah, like when I interviewed on 2/12/11, the Dr. Ballentine told me that we would hear back in 4 weeks, at the most 6. It has been 2 months!!! I am freaking out... I just hope all this waiting isn't for nothing...

Hm... Well I think it might be because you applied later. I'm sure you would've gotten in by now but it was probably because your app wasn't received until Mar. 14 and the deadline technically is Mar. 1. So I guess time was just not on your side but on the bright side, you have other acceptances right?

Hm... Well I think it might be because you applied later. I'm sure you would've gotten in by now but it was probably because your app wasn't received until Mar. 14 and the deadline technically is Mar. 1. So I guess time was just not on your side but on the bright side, you have other acceptances right?

Actually I submitted my Pharmcas on February 4th and it wasn't mailed out until March 14th. Wow, you're impressive, how did you know it was March 14th? Are you on the Admission Committee?!? J/k lol. Yes I have two acceptances so far and I am waiting on my top choice. I should know the final decision by next Thursday or Friday. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks a lot for your helpful information. :)

well, i am not sure. i heard that April 2 was the last interview session, but i am not 100% sure about this. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I will be writing this school off. At least I will have closure now.

Actually I submitted my Pharmcas on February 4th and it wasn't mailed out until March 14th. Wow, you're impressive, how did you know it was March 14th? Are you on the Admission Committee?!? J/k lol. Yes I have two acceptances so far and I am waiting on my top choice. I should know the final decision by next Thursday or Friday. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks a lot for your helpful information. :)
No no I read the other posts on this thread and remembered thats what you said. LOL..admissions committee...:p
that stupid pharmcas...but congrats on having other places to choose from too! :)

I called today, the admission committee hasn't met yet, and the class is not filled.

this is crazy! when are they going to meet?!?! did they say when?
no she (melissa- she must handle all of that stuff, i've seen her name pop up on here a bunch of times) said that she didn't know!

Hello, everyone i just found out about this forum and i had my interview on late jan 2011 and i received an email about a consent for background check, has anyone got the same e-mail????

I had an interview 2/12. I just talked to melissa an she said my app is still "interview complete" and the comittee hasnt met yet. But she said they had a last round of interview last week so we should hear back soon hopefully :) :xf::xf:

Hey guys,

I am a current P1 at VCU. I had the last interview offered in 2010 and did not find out that I got into VCU until after I had graduated in May! So, don't worry that you have not heard anything yet, there were people in my class that did not know they were in until right before orientation due to people declining offers from other schools.

I had an interview 2/12. I just talked to melissa an she said my app is still "interview complete" and the comittee hasnt met yet. But she said they had a last round of interview last week so we should hear back soon hopefully :) :xf::xf:

i interviewed 2/12 too and melissa said the same thing to me... i cannot wait until may ughhhh

Hey guys,

I am a current P1 at VCU. I had the last interview offered in 2010 and did not find out that I got into VCU until after I had graduated in May! So, don't worry that you have not heard anything yet, there were people in my class that did not know they were in until right before orientation due to people declining offers from other schools.

darn... i really hope i hear back before may... i interviewed 2/12/11, do you think that i will anytime soon lol

Hey guys,

btw... how do you like VCU?? i also got into shenandoah and if i get into VCU, i just want to make the right choice..

I hope we hear before may too... I have to take biochem over the summer if I decide on VCU, which starts in may. But if I decide on not going then I don't have to take biochem (and won't since it's going to cost some money). So I'd like to hear soon so that I can decide what I'm doing this summer enough in advance!

I hope we hear before may too... I have to take biochem over the summer if I decide on VCU, which starts in may. But if I decide on not going then I don't have to take biochem (and won't since it's going to cost some money). So I'd like to hear soon so that I can decide what I'm doing this summer enough in advance!

same here! thats exactly why i need to know if i got accepted asap! if you get into vcu, do you have any housing options in mind? and are you going to live with a roommate? I am trying to find places that aren't so expensive but also in a safe neighborhood

same here! thats exactly why i need to know if i got accepted asap! if you get into vcu, do you have any housing options in mind? and are you going to live with a roommate? I am trying to find places that aren't so expensive but also in a safe neighborhood

also, anyone who will be a P1 in the fall 2011 or who is still waiting to hear back but plans to attend VCU if they get in, PM me if you want to be friends on facebook, just to like share info and stuff!

Last edited:
also, anyone who will be a P1 in the fall 2011 or who is still waiting to hear back but plans to attend VCU if they get in, PM me if you want to be friends on facebook, just to like share info and stuff!

that is a good idea and that is actually what i am thinking about. Thanks for bring this up. :thumbup:

same. i want to get an off-campus apartment but everything looks so expensive, so a roommate would be the best way to go i think. i think a couple people in this forum were looking at cedar broad which i think is new? but i'm not from the area (i'm from new jersey) so i really have no clue!

same. i want to get an off-campus apartment but everything looks so expensive, so a roommate would be the best way to go i think. i think a couple people in this forum were looking at cedar broad which i think is new? but i'm not from the area (i'm from new jersey) so i really have no clue!

yeah i'm from maryland... i have no idea either! PM me your name so i can find you on facebook, its just alot easier to talk and stuff on there

One more shameless promotion for the Facebook page for our class year. There is also a discussion thread on housing there!

One more shameless promotion for the Facebook page for our class year. There is also a discussion thread on housing there!

I'll check it out. I don't want to join the facebook group until I actually get in though!

Just looking at last year's thread, it seems that acceptances were starting to be mailed out around May 25th and most of the students heard in the first 2 weeks of June. I just wish VCU would know how many students they are losing just to a time issue..