VCU school of Pharmacy class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivy_p

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Is there anybody applying (or used to) to VCU as an ED?
I’m just wondering what the earliest day that VCU will call applicants for interview invitations is.. My PharmCAS was verified on August 16th and I haven’t heard anything from the school yet. I’m a little bit worried

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!
Is there anybody applying (or used to) to VCU as an ED?
I’m just wondering what the earliest day that VCU will call applicants for interview invitations is.. My PharmCAS was verified on August 16th and I haven’t heard anything from the school yet. I’m a little bit worried
I’m applying as ED, just submitted my application a few days ago. I feel like it’ll be a few weeks before hearing from them.

I emailed them and they said they won't review applications until September 10th. They say PharmCas will send us an email noticing that our application are under " Preliminary Review". So 4 more days to go..

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said they won't review applications until September 10th. They say PharmCas will send us an email noticing that our application are under " Preliminary Review". So 4 more days to go..
yeah I emailed Dr.O and asked him and he said the same thing, and turns out my application has to be moved to regular decision because I haven't taken my PCAT yet. I take it in October which is past the notification deadline. I gotta wait even longer to find out now. Good luck to you though!

Ohh I haven’t heard anything yet :(

Help-
Science GPA of 3.01 (that .01 is necessary. Hahaha)
PCAT:
Bio-435 (90%)
Chem-426 (82%)
CR-417 (85%)
QR-399 (47%)
Composite: 419 (80%)

My gpa isn’t that impressive and my QR section is pretty low. Do you think they’ll overlook my QR section or....? Ugh, how can I make myself more competitive?!