VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Invited! OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Invite! Can honestly say im shocked given the staggering amount of applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first interview!!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Invite!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anyone know how many people they normally interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I wake up and check my email, nothing. Come back, see this thread, check email and there's the interview invite:banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to be sure, we have to wait for a second email before we can pick our interview time right?

Still boggles my mind how many applicants they received this year. Given that amount I'm even more surprised that they offer waitlist spots for interviews. I'm guessing they expect to have a decent amount of interview offers turned down? Either way I'm rooting for you all on the wait-list, there's still hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Invite!!! OOS. Now I can breathe again.

Interview waitlist :/

Buuuuuuut it's not a no! Time to troll through last year's thread to see how this list moved...

Interview waitlist OOS from Georgia!

I just received an email saying that I'm on an interview waitlist. Was that a rejection?
Nope, I got the rejection email and mine was a complete rejection, "It is with great regret that we inform you we will be unable to offer you an interview this year."
So an interview wait list is definitely different.

I was interviewed last year, then waitlisted. Now this year interview waitlisted....stressing.

For those on the wait list, Colorado State has interviews the same weekend as VA-MD. So expect spots to open up once those invites go out next week (Dec. 16).

Hey everyone! Member of c/o 2020 here-- congrats to everyone that got an interview!! For those who didn't, know that this year the # of apps received was through the roof... even more people than last year, which set the record for the school!
For those coming up in January: weather here in Blacksburg is fairly chilly this time of year (we're already seeing mid-30s) so be sure to pack a coat ;)
If anyone has any questions about the interview process or just needs some words of encouragement, my inbox is always open :)

So what would you advice me to wear for the cold? I'm from the caribbean

Long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt and pants. Leave bikini at home. Or not, your choice

Reactions: 2 users
OOS first time applicant. Was not offered an interview, unfortunately. Congrats to all who did!! Good luck to you all! :claps:

So what would you advice me to wear for the cold? I'm from the caribbean
I would suggest a thick-ish jacket, closed toe shoes with warm socks, pants, and possibly a beanie or gloves.

For those on the wait list, Colorado State has interviews the same weekend as VA-MD. So expect spots to open up once those invites go out next week (Dec. 16).

Speaking of, do you know if we will have to choose one or the other?

Waitlisted. I was fine with it until I read the email, when they said "I know this is a disappointment."

Does anyone know if they send anything regarding where we are on the waitlist?

So if I'm to understand the email with instructions they just sent out..now wait for a separate email containing the guest acct creation stuff which will then send us....another email? What a headache :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Flat out rejected for an interview lol. It's my first one though! I find this kind of hilarious because 2 years ago I was waitlisted for an interview and I'm a much better applicant now. Oh well :) congratulations everyone who got invited! I know it's a super competitive year. You should all be very proud of yourselves.

So if I'm to understand the email with instructions they just sent out..now wait for a separate email containing the guest acct creation stuff which will then send us....another email? What a headache :laugh:
It seems like the latest email is simply instructions for when we receive the link to schedule our interviews.

Congrats to everyone that got an interview! So exciting. Praying for that CSU interview now haha

Speaking of, do you know if we will have to choose one or the other?

It is my understanding that neither school offers alternate interview dates. If I get invited to both, I'm going to ask for an alternate date, but I am not holding my breath....

It is my understanding that neither school offers alternate interview dates. If I get invited to both, I'm going to ask for an alternate date, but I am not holding my breath....

I was advised to do the same, but not give having an interview at another school as the reason.

Do you know if we can choose which day we want for our CSU interview? So hypothetically could interview at one school on Saturday and the other on Sunday?