UTHSCSA Class of 2009 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm doing my darndest, asiandoc! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Good to know.

Now, what I want to know is if there is going to be a crappy showing in San Antonio next time I show up. I tried to meet up with people and was snubbed! *sniff*

course, I did get to see evo and well, that sets girls hearts aflutter. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
roja said:
Good to know.

Now, what I want to know is if there is going to be a crappy showing in San Antonio next time I show up. I tried to meet up with people and was snubbed! *sniff*

course, I did get to see evo and well, that sets girls hearts aflutter. :D
:oops:

When are you gonna be there next?

Not sure. Once we have our chiefs and the match is done, we will start dealing with vacations. I am hping for oct when its not so hot. :)

roja said:
Not sure. Once we have our chiefs and the match is done, we will start dealing with vacations. I am hping for oct when its not so hot. :)

We will all be there. Do me a favor and just bring that whip?

Just wanted to give a shout out to all my UTHSCSA peeps =)

AsianDoc816 said:
Just wanted to give a shout out to all my UTHSCSA peeps =)

Yo AsianDoc!
What's up with Piglet?
I have grown to love your care bear avatar, and I am not sure I am ready to move on to another.... :love:

G0S2 said:
We will all be there. Do me a favor and just bring that whip?

Just for you. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
dizzydog said:
Yo AsianDoc!
What's up with Piglet?
I have grown to love your care bear avatar, and I am not sure I am ready to move on to another.... :love:

Hey dizzydog--I'm just playing around with avatars. I was gettin' kinda tired of the care bear, so I'm moving on--movin' on up! I like Piglet and Roo cuz they're both really small and I'm tiny too!

TGIF by the way :D :p

AMEN!!

Anyone in the Houston area wanna get together for drinks tonight? Rice Village?

EvoDevo said:
AMEN!!

Anyone in the Houston area wanna get together for drinks tonight? Rice Village?

Yo EVO!
You know I'm down.

MadameLULU said:
Hey guys,

It seems like forever since i've "seen" some of y'all now that the match is over...
Too bad the mega TX thread is practically dead...

Lulu, we miss you.... ;)

MadameLULU said:
Hey guys,

It seems like forever since i've "seen" some of y'all now that the match is over...

Yup, i hear you....even though we matched, there's some post-match sadness that the tx thread is all but obselete........

-tx

MadameLULU said:
Hey guys,

Come out to the Village tonight! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

The gingerman. The memories.

Have a hoegarden for me. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

*BUMP*

Any special plans for Valentine's Day? :idea:

Hi guys!

First of all, congratulations on getting accepted!

I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I'm a MS1 this year as well (hi Lane!) and just wanted to give you another outlet to ask questions or whatever.

In response to a couple of posts I've seen so far, places to live around here vary widely. I live in Promontory Pointe (one of the places Lane mentioned earlier). The complex is really nice, but really expensive. I'm paying $733 (splitting it with my boyfriend) for a one-bedroom that's 855 sq.ft.. It's nice, with valet trash pick-up and a nice workout room, but the price is still steep compared to other nice complexes in this area. (And management kind of sucks.) So, I hope that helps.

Also, about the "welcome weekend" for you guys sometime in the next couple of months-- I spoke to Dr. Jones about it at our Recruitment Committee meeting and he seemed really excited about the idea. So it looks promising!

I guess that's it for now. Congratulations again! :)

futrdrbaker said:
Hi guys!

I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I'm a MS1 this year as well (hi Lane!) and just wanted to give you another outlet to ask questions or whatever.

In response to a couple of posts I've seen so far, places to live around here vary widely. I live in Promontory Pointe (one of the places Lane mentioned earlier). The complex is really nice, but really expensive. I'm paying $733 (splitting it with my boyfriend) for a one-bedroom that's 855 sq.ft.. It's nice, with valet trash pick-up and a nice workout room, but the price is still steep compared to other nice complexes in this area. (And management kind of sucks.) So, I hope that helps.

Also, about the "welcome weekend" for you guys sometime in the next couple of months-- I spoke to Dr. Jones about it at our Recruitment Committee meeting and he seemed really excited about the idea. So it looks promising!

Thank you!!! Time is flying. Cannot wait to start.

Thanks!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Where are you guys?? :D Just kidding, lane said y'all have exams so its totally understandable!! :oops:

I can't wait to start either....good to hear Dr. Jones likes the welcome weekend idea--I'm surprised there isn't one already in place!

-tx

futrdrbaker said:
Hi guys!

Hey now. Keep in mind the recruitment comittee is only about 5 years old! Before then there was NADA! No night before, no stay with a med student and very patchy panel attendance. :)

this is a great idea though!

roja said:
this is a great idea though!

Well, I don't want to take the credit for it...it was Lane's idea. But I think it's a good one too and it will be a great way for everyone to get to hang out and get to know each other a little bit before class starts, since you won't have CIC for that.

Grabbed this story from a thread on SDN:

A man comes into the ER and yells,
"My wife's going to have her baby in the
cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab,
lifted the lady's Dress, and began to take off her
underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were
several cabs, and I was in the wrong one.
--Dr Mark MacDonald, San Antonio, TX

Anybody know this doctor in SA? :laugh: :laugh:

-tx

here's another :D

I was caring for a woman from Kentucky and asked, So, how's your
breakfast this morning?" It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I
can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied. I then asked
to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly."
--Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit, MI

futrdrbaker said:
Well, I don't want to take the credit for it...it was Lane's idea. But I think it's a good one too and it will be a great way for everyone to get to hang out and get to know each other a little bit before class starts, since you won't have CIC for that.

Quite a good idea. :)

futrdrbaker said:

Thanks Lane, el presidente! :D :D

-tx

I like the welcome weekend idea as well....it will definitely PUMP us UP! =)

On another note, it is absolutely beautiful outside today in ATx!

AsianDoc816 said:
I like the welcome weekend idea as well....it will definitely PUMP us UP! =)

On another note, it is absolutely beautiful outside today in ATx!
Lucky. Rainy and gross here in Houston.

EvoDevo said:
Fun! Who knew that DizzyDog was a maniac? :eek:

;)

Oh, I think we all knew. At least, the high school yearbook photos I saw of him tonight seemed to indicate that.
:smuggrin:

Morning peeps...........happy v-day :D

-tx

Happy V-day! Gotta make my boyfriend a cake this morning....

Happy V-day everyone.

aprilshyla said:
You're up WAY too early, as am I! :sleep:

lol.....I decided to wake up and study for my test today :rolleyes:

AsianDoc816 said:

yum....lucky guy! :D

-tx

Hey Everyone! Happy V Day :)

AsianDoc816 said:

lucky boyfriend! i mde 96 cupcakes last night for my residents (im an RA), and left roses at their door this morning (hence why up so early.). who needs boys :D .

Happy V-Day :)

aprilshyla said:
lucky boyfriend! i mde 96 cupcakes last night for my residents (im an RA), and left roses at their door this morning (hence why up so early.). who needs boys :D .

Happy V-Day :)
My sentiment exactly. :D

Wow. Since we've gotten in, the Give A Crap Level in this thread is pathetic. ;)

EvoDevo said:
My sentiment exactly. :D

Wow. Since we've gotten in, the Give A Crap Level in this thread is pathetic. ;)

Especially compared with the other Tex schools. We just suck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.