UTHSCSA Class of 2009 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lane

Passing gas
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me be the first to welcome yall to UTHSCSA! HOLLA!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been watchin in the shadows, but i'll be there too! BTW, out of all the people who are now going to SA, was SA your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I'm an out of stater movin' to San Antonio! Congrats Everyone!
YaaaaaaaaaaY :D

Evo, :thumbup: 'nough said. Good stuff my friend

Congrats to all you future san antones out there :thumbup:

ajnak182 said:
Evo, :thumbup: 'nough said. Good stuff my friend

Congrats to all you future san antones out there :thumbup:
Thanks man. Any good word for you?

What's up guys. San Antonio was my second choice, but I couldn't be happier to be going there. See y'all in the fall.

Congrats you guys!

Youll be at the best. :D

Whats up future classmates/colleagues!

-tx

Congratulations!!! Great class!! I really look forward to meeting you and time is going to fly from now until the White Coat .

Evo- you were freaking me out a bit last night when it took you close to 10 minutes past midnight to post the great news.

G0S2 said:
Evo- you were freaking me out a bit last night when it took you close to 10 minutes past midnight to post the great news.
:laugh: Yeah, my router crashed ~10 min before midnight. I found out @ 12:05. :laugh:

Time to form the posse. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UTHSCSA have a posted match list? I don't want to wait for days to find out if I was rejected or waitlisted. If all else fails, I may go the old fashioned route and use a telephone.

eralza said:
Does UTHSCSA have a posted match list? I don't want to wait for days to find out if I was rejected or waitlisted. If all else fails, I may go the old fashioned route and use a telephone.
They take a week or two to get the alternate pool together. They should post the match list soon, though.

Why not just check your acceptance status on TMDSAS?

Where's Asiandoc? :D

Hey lane, any idea when classes are going to start this year?

EvoDevo said:

Hello, el presidente!

Too bad there's no more CIC this year, but at least that means we'll start a little later!

-tx

Here....holla! Gotta go to skool though =)

txguy said:
Hello, el presidente!

Too bad there's no more CIC this year, but at least that means we'll start a little later!

-tx
Hehe. I gotta get elected first, my man.

Yeah, I'm all for maximizing my earnings this summer. Where's a good place to live?

AsianDoc816 said:
Here....holla! Gotta go to skool though =)
Hiya AD. How are you going to concentrate today? I'm getting even LESS done today than yesteray. :laugh:

EvoDevo said:

not until August - our dean of academic affairs is going to let me have a peep at yall's academic calendar in the coming weeks so i'll know for sure then. i would guess ~1st week though.

lane... shouldn't you be in phys? :p

CONGRATS C/O 2009!!! :D

EvoDevo said:
Hehe. I gotta get elected first, my man.

Yeah, I'm all for maximizing my earnings this summer. Where's a good place to live?
i already told txguy, but we're trying to put a weekend together for yall to come and check out apartments, parking, etc. and see the area (and meet some people). hopefully that'll shed some more light on the living situation than one man's humble opinion :)

lilstina said:

squint.gif
maybe....

i'll be at neuro though :D

lilstina said:

Thanks!! :luck:

And thanks for the advice you gave me, I'm not sure if you remember me...I bet alot of pesky pre-meds PM you lol :laugh:

-tx

lane said:
i already told txguy, but we're trying to put a weekend together for yall to come and check out apartments, parking, etc. and see the area (and meet some people). hopefully that'll shed some more light on the living situation than one man's humble opinion :)

That would be great! Congrats everyone!!! I will see you in San Antonio!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

EvoDevo said:
Thanks, Stina. :D
so happy for you and everyone else... it's so funny though, me and a few of my friends have been talking about how it seems like forever since last year when we were in the same place you are :)

don't worry... you'll be whining by this time in 2006... hehe ;)

lane said:
squint.gif
maybe....

i'll be at neuro though :D
haha... i won't! still have to study for the stinkin quiz... i'll be leaving in a few mins for the damned library... see you at school... bah!

and aren't you mr helpful ms1 president eh? :laugh:

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

Now, Come Celebrate Your Acceptance And Meet Your New Classmates!!
We Are Meeting At Trudy's On 30th Street In Austin At 9pm Tonight

txguy said:
Thanks!! :luck:

And thanks for the advice you gave me, I'm not sure if you remember me...I bet alot of pesky pre-meds PM you lol :laugh:

-tx
course i remember you! i hope all my babble was somewhat useful to you... and maybe it was seeing you ended up at uthscsa after all :D

lilstina said:
course i remember you! i hope all my babble was somewhat useful to you... and maybe it was seeing you ended up at uthscsa after all :D
you are a babbler, that's for sure :D

lane said:
They take a week or two to get the alternate pool together. They should post the match list soon, though.

Why not just check your acceptance status on TMDSAS?
I matched...just not at UTHSCSA :D The location, the program, and the students at San Antonio all really appealed to me. My GF is a pediatric rad, so living in a larger city would have been better. I'll watch for a few weeks to see if the lists shift around a bit. I'm just happy that I'll be starting this year!

I recommend *not* living near the medical center. I did it the first year (sucked into the that whole 'walking' to school (Ha!)

I recommend 'sunset ridge'. Its alamo hieghts. it takes about 15 minutes to get to school, you are near downtown, great restraunts, near the best HEB (central market) and is a really cool and not very expensive.

bah! Carlyle Place :)D), The Vintage, and Promontory Point are all really nice AND they're within walking distance.

Hey everyone! Add me to the UTSA list. I'm extremely happy to see Evo and AsianDoc will be there.

I remember AsianDoc worrying more than a month ago that she wouldn't get an invite to interview in San Antonio. And now hopefully she'll be there next year.

Anyway, I'm so happy...I'm not going to class and when they ask me why I'm going to say I was hung over from celebrating a med school acceptance...I don't know how they can argue with that.

No CIC?????????????????

roja said:
No CIC?????????????????

No starting school so early it makes me get goose bumps...just two summers left for me...

But roja, you haven't even seen the new clinical building have you?
It's gorgeous!

no. I saw they destroyed the fountain. *sob*

No CIC??????????????????? your kidding. that month is the best.

*bump*

Why are all the other Texas threads at the top?

Lane,

I was wondering what the required computer situation is going to be. Is a computer required, and if so will they tell us a specific one, or just minimum specifications?

Thanks!

5% of the incoming class is actually on this board...that's pretty remarkable.

roja or anyone else -

well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...

but what is PGY?

shawty ya'head said:
roja or anyone else -

well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...

but what is PGY?

PGY stands for...I actually don't know. But it's a designation for your year of residency. So a PGY-1 is an intern and then you go to PGY-2, PGY-3...for each year...all the way up...I guess it's possible for like thoracic surgery to be PGY-7 or 8...there might be some longer ones.

shawty ya'head said:
roja or anyone else -

but what is PGY?

PGY = "Post-grad year".....like USC said, PGY1 is an intern (first year resident)....roja, correct me if I'm wrong...

Yeah it sucks there's no CIC anymore :( Sounded like a stress-free atmosphere that would let us get to know our classmates.

-tx

USCTex said:
5% of the incoming class is actually on this board...that's pretty remarkable.
And those are the ones who actually post. :smuggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.