USMLE - Official 2017 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jesus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there's no thread for the 2017 Step 2 CK, I figured I'd go ahead and create one. Happy new year in Step 2 CK land.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I took it June 28th and mine has disappeared. Still skeptical that I will get it this week. How sure are we about this rule?
Also took it 6/28 and my "link" is still there. :shrug: I was hoping after doing this whole waiting game once before with step one that I wouldn't feel so anxious about it this time around... I was convinced that we wouldn't be getting our scores until 7/26 and now I wanna vom.

Last edited:
Took CK today. That exam felt like a brick to the face.

Every time I took a break and prepared to start my next block thinking, "You've got this," dozens of topics I swear I never encountered during my 4 weeks of intensive study time (and certainly not on any of my rotations) consistently popped up, I regularly had things narrowed down to 2 answer choices with no hope of reasoning out a best answer due to time constraints, and a lot of the question stems were long. UWorld at least prepares you for that last aspect. At the end of the day I felt the same as I felt after taking UWSA 1, blind-sided and like I had failed despite all my studying, but I did well on UWSA 1 and I'd be so thankful to score close to that on the real thing.

Here's to nearly 2 months of waiting for that score report (if the announcement a few months ago about delayed scores is accurate). Best of luck to those of you taking it in the coming weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also took it 6/28 and my "link" is still there. :shrug: I was hoping after doing this whole waiting game once before with step one that I wouldn't feel so anxious about it this time around... I was convinced that we wouldn't be getting our scores until 7/26 and now I wanna vom.
Don't get discouraged... It's far more likely I just don't know what I'm talking about when I say my "permit dropped". When I go to the NBME site my print permit link is there, but when I click it the permit no longer pulls up. Is that what everyone is talking about?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't get discouraged... It's far more likely I just don't know what I'm talking about when I say my "permit dropped". When I go to the NBME site my print permit link is there, but when I click it the permit no longer pulls up. Is that what everyone is talking about?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lol. You're correct. Your permit did not disappear.

Reactions: 1 user
I find it weird that people who took it on the 22nd (Thursday) have their permit gone but people who took it the 27th (Tuesday) do not. I thought people on the Thursday-Tuesday part of the week(s) would have the same release date

A classmate of mine called the NBME and apparently starting with the week of June 19th the scores are being released on the Wed of the 4th week after you took the test.

Hey all,
Long time lurker. Took test on 6/23 and feel like I'm dying inside waiting on these scores lol.
Did well on Step 1 - 241.
Did above average on most clerkship exams.
Spent about 4 weeks 5-6hr a day studying
Did UWorld once as I went through clerkships, and again during prep time.
Read MTB 1x, Read Kaplan OB/Surg/Peds books, Holliday lectures.
NBME 4 - 252 two weeks out; UWSA 262 one week out; NBME 7 - 239 two days out.
NBME 7 really shook my confidence. Think it messed with my head on exam day. I'm wanting to do EM so I know CK is more important and although I was shooting for 250, now I just don't want to slip. I felt terrible coming out of the exam. Missed a couple of the two part questions and several others I can think of. Stupid mistakes. From what I've gathered 7 is a low ball prediction and everyone feels like crap. This is just messing with my head. Permit disappeared so that means tomorrow is the day right? Anyone with similar prep/scores/etc want to make a fellow med student feel better? The churning gut is real.

Hey all,
Long time lurker. Took test on 6/23 and feel like I'm dying inside waiting on these scores lol.
NBME 7 really shook my confidence. Think it messed with my head on exam day. I'm wanting to do EM so I know CK is more important and although I was shooting for 250, now I just don't want to slip. I felt terrible coming out of the exam. Missed a couple of the two part questions and several others I can think of. Stupid mistakes. From what I've gathered 7 is a low ball prediction and everyone feels like crap. This is just messing with my head. Permit disappeared so that means tomorrow is the day right? Anyone with similar prep/scores/etc want to make a fellow med student feel better? The churning gut is real.
Anyone ever watch that Parks and Rec episode where Andy talks about 'hot snakes' .... those are real too

Hey all,
Yeah you'll get your score tomorrow. Also you killed UWSA (and nbmes). I severely doubt, even worst case scenario, your score will negatively effect your chances.

A classmate of mine called the NBME and apparently starting with the week of June 19th the scores are being released on the Wed of the 4th week after you took the test.
This could be for those who took it in June, but I just called and was told the release date is September 6. I took it July 13

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

Think you did well bro, my prediction for you is at worst you will score same as nbme 4.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey all,

Good luck! Let us know how you did

Good luck tomorrow kids. Just remember, Step 2 doesn't carry as much weight as Step 1. At least that is what I keep telling myself over and over and over after getting smoked on test day...

Random question maybe someone here will know the answer to. I'll be in the group that gets scores Sept 6th. ERAS opens for submission at 9am September 6th and scores usually come out a bit later. Does this open the possibility of being able to certify ERAS without my CK score?

Finally done. I probably won't remember all this by the time I get my score so I'll post this now. First off, I can't really tell how I did either way. For a majority of the questions I got a vague idea of what was going on but there were a couple I just had no clue. Also, a majority of the questions had 2 possibly correct options leaving you to sieve through the vignette again and again looking for some tiny detail to differentiate the two. I always kept an eye on the clock because although I'm a fast reader/test taker this time around I was fighting for 10 minutes (in a few blocks) to review my answered marked. Most of the tested topics had shown up at some point on uworld and the UWSAs.

Like someone mentioned on this thread some of the questions didn't seem fair like, um I'm a 3rd year how am I supposed to answer this? Another thing that amused me, some questions were total gimmes while others they just found a way to twist so that you're not really sure (easy diagnosis) if what you first thought is still correct. Very stingy with labs and gosh I am ranting like hell. Ok moving on...

I did the first four blocks before taking my first break, I later took another break after my 7th block. I had 40 minutes of break time left which the proctor at the Prometric center swore she'd never seen before (again I don't know if I hit a 220 or 260, all I care about right now is food). Marked per block varied from 2-4. I would say the exam was more "difficult" than uworld but easier than NBME 7? I hope? But then again I never really got the feeling like gosh this is hard or like in Step 1, gosh this is easy, so idk. It felt like the comp NBME.

Study materials-Uworld, UWSAs and NBMEs. Dedicated 2 weeks into completing a second pass through uworld, my first pass was during my first two clerkships. Aaaand congrats to those who got their scores today, the agony of uncertainty is over...

Caribbean IMG.

06/20: USMLE Step 2 CK >240

Last edited:
NBME 6 275
NBME 7 258
UWSA 1 263
UWSA 2 263
FRED 120 91%

SHELF EXAMS- range from Mid 80s to mid 90s RAW

USMLE STEP 2 CK 268
USMLE STEP 1 245

Felt bad after the exam, like i posted the day of the exam, but like everyone says trust your practice exam, especially if written under ideal situations. Preparation during 3rd year is KEY

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am a DO student who took step 2 to try to improve from my step 1 that was low 200s. Was hoping for a little bit higher score but happy to say I improved my score by 27 points

Reactions: 6 users
Step 2 CK: 254 Step 1 was 242
NBME 7 - 5 days out: 235 - made me feel pretty depressed and so I ended up not studying that much for the last 4 days
NBME 3 - 9 days out: 233 - panicked
NBME 6 - 12 days out: 245
NBME 4 - 18 days out: 245

Took UWSA 1 and 2 early on and forgot what my scores were, but definitely <240
If I were to do it again, I would either take nbme 7 first or not at all, and save the UWSA for the end.
Did Uworld once during rotations and again during dedicated study time.
Pretty happy with my score since my original goal was just to get >250. Planning on matching into IM as a DO.

Hi everyone,

I have given the exam on 6/29. I was expecting the results today. Is it declared on the 3rd wednesday or 4th ? Anybody else who have the exam on that date ?

I am pretty unsure as to how my exam went. It was exactly how i felt after giving the UWSAs...hopeless i mean (dont go by the scores). But the questions were much lengthier in the real exam. Barely managed to finish all my blocks.

My NBME score (4weeks to 2 weeks out) were:
NBME 6-249
NBME 4-254
NBME 7-241
NBME 3-245

UWSA back to back 3 days out:
UWSA1-267
UWSA2-257

Fingers crossed

Step 2 CK: 254 Step 1 was 242
NBME 7 - 5 days out: 235 - made me feel pretty depressed and so I ended up not studying that much for the last 4 days
NBME 3 - 9 days out: 233 - panicked
NBME 6 - 12 days out: 245
NBME 4 - 18 days out: 245

Took UWSA 1 and 2 early on and forgot what my scores were, but definitely <240
If I were to do it again, I would either take nbme 7 first or not at all, and save the UWSA for the end.
Did Uworld once during rotations and again during dedicated study time.
Pretty happy with my score since my original goal was just to get >250. Planning on matching into IM as a DO.
congratulations!!
How you found exam? Similar to which SA? or like shelves?
Did shelves help in CK?

I've read about times on here where students check the website, see their report around 11 then get the email at 11:15 or so. It may still be up in a few mins. Good luck!

You are right! They absolutely trolled me. I got the email at 10:15AM Central Time (my time zone) saying the scores will be up at 11AM Eastern time (10AM my time). So pretty much I got the email after the scores were released.

what is the latest mean and sd for ck?

Latest mean per my score report is 242 with SD of 17.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Took CK today. That exam felt like a brick to the face.

Every time I took a break and prepared to start my next block thinking, "You've got this," dozens of topics I swear I never encountered during my 4 weeks of intensive study time (and certainly not on any of my rotations) consistently popped up, I regularly had things narrowed down to 2 answer choices with no hope of reasoning out a best answer due to time constraints, and a lot of the question stems were long. UWorld at least prepares you for that last aspect. At the end of the day I felt the same as I felt after taking UWSA 1, blind-sided and like I had failed despite all my studying, but I did well on UWSA 1 and I'd be so thankful to score close to that on the real thing.

Here's to nearly 2 months of waiting for that score report (if the announcement a few months ago about delayed scores is accurate). Best of luck to those of you taking it in the coming weeks!

Congrats on getting done with the exam

How was surgery and biostats?