USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WBecks0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 2015 right around the corner I think it's a good time to begin a Step 2 CK experiences and scores thread for 2015. Let's keep the all experiences and scores in this thread.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 2015!

Members don't see this ad.

Took it yesterday , definitely a tough test, alot of answers were down to 2 choices, made a couple of stupid mistakes , praying I get a decent score!!!
Lots of pysch, OB, Peds, weird drug ad, timing wasnt too big of an issue.

I thought you all would like this. I'm neurotic and made a chart of everyone in the Official 2014 and 2015 2CK threads who scored 260+, and broke it down by what resources they used. Shows you that you can make a great score with UWorld and NBMEs alone. Apologies in advance if I made a type or listed the resources incorrectly, but I think we all get the gist.

ipp1za.png

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Since no one else on your chart studied the way I did, I thinks it worth knowing you can do well with other resources:

260+ with Kaplan Qbank, some of the Kaplan high yield videos, and tiny bit of Kaplan step 2/3 in your pocket.... 80% of all my studying was kaplan qbank.

A full year of the high yield program and qbank was quite a bit cheaper than uworld when i purchased in middle of third year which is why i used kaplan

Reactions: 1 user
hi i would like to know if there are any videos for ck , like we had pathoma and DIT for step 1 . I tend to study more from videos . Please help !

Last edited:
For planning my dedicated study period duration:

How long would it take to thoroughly review each practice NBME?
I'm guessing 8 hours review after 4 hours testing, so plan whole day for each?
After completing uworld x1 throughout 3rd year rotations, how many questions should I aim for per day during dedicated time 2nd pass?
During 1st pass, I'd complete 2 blocks of 44 when I'd have a rare day off completely devoted to studying, but I'd expect it to be significantly faster during 2nd pass. If I'm putting in 12 hour days, would 4 blocks with uptodate PRN be reasonable?

I thought you all would like this. I'm neurotic and made a chart of everyone in the Official 2014 and 2015 2CK threads who scored 260+, and broke it down by what resources they used. Shows you that you can make a great score with UWorld and NBMEs alone. Apologies in advance if I made a type or listed the resources incorrectly, but I think we all get the gist.

ipp1za.png
I think it's worth noting, since some of those names are very familiar to me because I used their reviews to figure out how to study for step 1, that a majority of those people scored 260+ on step 1 and hence the recommendation for killing step II would be: "kill step 1."

I think it's really tough to know whether the performance is because 1) those people are just good test takers regardless of material 2) having such a great command of step 1 material lends favorably to any overlap that is also on step 2 or 3) those people just know how to glean whatever information is necessary/important from whatever resource they use.

I'm inclined to believe it's a mix of all 3 so I'm almost to the point where I don't think it even matters what else you do for Step II as long as Uworld is one of your sources.

Reactions: 1 users
I did pretty well on step 1 (260+), been studying for CK for about 5 weeks now, 70% done w/ UW w/ a 76% cumulative average. Took NBME 4 today and got crushed (490/235)... Only got 3 more weeks to go and now I'm just deflated, torn if I should add USMLERx to the mix, *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
Wandoc,

Thats exactly why i didnt bother taking any nbme practice tests or any full length practice tests for that matter..... And Timing was not an issue for me at all on Step 2 (though it was on step 1, but i still did well).... Dont worry about the practice score

I recommend just using your time to study the material as opposed to trying to figure out your score b4 the test...just study as much as you can...

I'm the exact opposite right now actually. When I was studying for step 1 I could finish UW blocks w/ 10+ minutes to go, but on the real thing I was struggling for time (several blocks had me literally down to the wire w/ seconds to spare). Now when I'm doing step 2 UW I finish w/ less than 2~3 minutes most of the time, so it's gotten me a little worried for the real thing. Anyways, thanks for the words of encouragement, really appreciate it!

So I took the exam a few weeks ago and Im 100% confident I failed that exam!!!!. I was marking 17-20 questions per block!!! Im so depressed and on top of that I have to wait a few more weeks before I get my results.
NBME 4: 252
NBME 7: 229
UWSA: 248

At this point all I want to do is pass

So I took the exam a few weeks ago and Im 100% confident I failed that exam!!!!. I was marking 17-20 questions per block!!! Im so depressed and on top of that I have to wait a few more weeks before I get my results.

You did well man. You know how everyone feels like crap after these step exams so just chill and enjoy life. I guarantee you that you killed it, I don't even know why you're stressing out about passing. Good luck to you!

step 1 score of 259 and step 2 score of 256 but an attempt in CS...Should I apply for IM residency?

step 1 score of 259 and step 2 score of 256 but an attempt in CS...Should I apply for IM residency?
Well, if you've passed on the second try then yeah, definitely. With those scores I can't believe you failed. What went wrong if you don't mind me asking?

Well, if you've passed on the second try then yeah, definitely. With those scores I can't believe you failed. What went wrong if you don't mind me asking?

Of course and by all means apply! with those scores CS will not be much of a drag., yes, there are some residencies that require a first attempt pass on all exams, but they are surely less than half of them out there and you surely made up for it on the other most important exams, so honestly, with those scores, if your failed CS exam comes out during the interview, any excuse will sufice.
Now, if you had a Step 1 of 199, and a step 2 score of 210 and a failed CS.... then I would be a little bit more worried, but not you, not at all.
:)

Wondering how accurate the UWSA is as far as score prediction? Took it yesterday, thought it was pretty damn tough when I was taking it. The peds was easy, which I think inflated my score a bit as I haven't taken Peds yet and definitely don't know that stuff as well as the exam said I did (I'm on Peds right now, so I'm currently studying it). Also thought the psych was incredibly vague and stupid on this; I got a 93 raw score on my pysch shelf just 2 months ago and that was my lowest subject on the SA.

Ended up breaking down for me as:

Block 1: 75%
Block 2: 80%
Block 3: 84%
Block 4: 84%

This calculated a 255 for me, which I thought was a pretty tough curve for an ~81% average.

So , I took CK this week and I have no idea how I did. There were blocks were I marked about 20 questions. I was pretty pressed for time. I made way too many educated guesses. It is going to be a stressful 3 weeks or so.

Here was my prep:
NBME 3: 193 (January)
NBME 6: 206 (February)
NBME 7: 223 (March)
UWSA : 242 (2 weeks out)
NBME 4: 235 (1 week out)
UW Average: 70 % (Timed, random)

Resources: MTB, DIT, Old Kaplan Vids.

What do you guys think? Should I trust my practice scores?

So , I took CK this week and I have no idea how I did. There were blocks were I marked about 20 questions. I was pretty pressed for time. I made way too many educated guesses. It is going to be a stressful 3 weeks or so.

Here was my prep:

I was marking 15-20 questions per block as well. My UWSA and NBME 4 was very similiar to yours. I get my scores back next week. Ill let you know how I did

Here was my prep:

I would say trust your NBME scores. Everyone feels that way after the real deal. I'm sure you did well. I heard a lot of people saying NBME 4 score tends to be close so you're in good shape. By the way the last NBME 4 that you took how many incorrects did you have?
Best of luck to you! Stay positive.

About to start my dedicated time for CK after finishing all my clerkships except surgery & OB. I'm using MTB 2, Uworld, the clinical mastery forms, & NBMES. Aiming for ~240, after my lovely performance in Step 1. ;)

Hey guys,
My situation is a little bit different than yours since I finished my med school 10 years ago and after that I did my residency (international ofcourse)now I've decided to take usmles after 2 years of research in US.
I started in mid february, and I will take the exam in june 11th.
I read kaplan lecture notes for internal medicine and FA for the rest. I did printed old version of UW in my first repeat, but whole thing was about remembering old stuff.
Then I did another round same resources but digital UW did 58 % average (internal medicine around 55% rest around 65-70%)
Now I started the 3rd repeat one month before my exam date, trying to do only incorrect UW questions (which is a lot) and trying to focus on the issues I feel week. I'm taking step 2 first then I'll take step 1, I thought since I have a fresh clinical experience, it would be clever to take 2 first (but it turned out it's not).
Anyway I'll take NBME 7 sometime soon but I'm losing my courage slowly. I don't know if anyone of you has ever seen someone like me before? I'm sick of studying to exams but I have no choice.
You guys are all talking about 260s which is like a dream to me, i just want to pass

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will let you know what happens. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Volkmann, I'm not sure if you've taken CS, but it isn't easy at all.

so i am 5 weeks out of my CK exam and i feel very underprepared compared to how i felt in my step 1 prep. way more uncertain.
@R94 @Xbocker best of luck for the result. did you find MTB knowledge useful in your exam? and anything that one should emphasis more on?
Also in retrospect any advice what is the way to prep?

Hi everyone,

I am currently on my last rotation of third year and have my USMLE Step II scheduled for early August. I feel that although I have passed my shelf exams, I have not been doing much active studying for the Step II and am getting nervous and feeling woefully underprepared. Can anyone give me some tips as to what resources to use so that I can aim for a 240+ by the time I take my exam in August? Even better would be if someone could give me some input as to what schedule to follow. I also have to keep in mind that I only have 2(possibly 3) months to study for this test along with the fact that I will be doing my surgery rotation all of this month. All advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Well this was interesting I took NBME 4 last week and scored in the low 240s. Just did NBME 6 today after completing > 1000 Uworld questions, half of MTB and scored in the upper 220s (ouch!?). My exam is in a couple of weeks and I'm starting to get concerned.

Well this was interesting I took NBME 4 last week and scored in the low 240s. Just did NBME 6 today after completing > 1000 Uworld questions, half of MTB and scored in the upper 220s (ouch!?). My exam is in a couple of weeks and I'm starting to get concerned.

My simulations have been all over the place also so far for CK prep

NBME 4 ( 3 weeks out): 235 (almost lost it, as I've read this form is pretty predictable)
NBME 6 (2 weeks out): 246
UWSA (1 week out): 262

at least it's trending up, taking NBME 7 in a couple days, will **** bricks if I do bad on it...

OMG JUST GOT MY SCORE AND I PASSED. I got a 242. Most people that say they literally failed the exam but dont really mean it. I literally meant it when I said I failed the exam. I marked 20 questions per block and those weer (I have no idea what theyre asking for questions). The day of the exam I came home and preordered MTB 3rd edition because there was no doubt in my mind i failed. Not I must cancel the order. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: 2 users
OMG JUST GOT MY SCORE AND I PASSED. I got a 242. Most people that say they literally failed the exam but dont really mean it. I literally meant it when I said I failed the exam. I marked 20 questions per block and those weer (I have no idea what theyre asking for questions). The day of the exam I came home and preordered MTB 3rd edition because there was no doubt in my mind i failed. Not I must cancel the order. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Congrats!!!!!!
How did you feel the exam was compared to NBME 7 and UWSA?
Harder? Same?

Congrats!!!!!!
How did you feel the exam was compared to NBME 7 and UWSA?
Harder? Same?

I felt like Uworld was more detailed than the actual exam. The actual exam I thought was very very very very very similiar to the clinical mastery series. I highly recommend you guys do it. I compared my bar graph on my score report with m y clinical mastery series and they all correlated!!!. My worst was psychiatry then OBGYN then Neurology and quite frankly my psychiatry on the score report was the farthest one on the left then OBGYN then neurology.

NBME questions i felt were shorter and when you finished the question you kinda knew what they were asking for and it was easier to narrow downt he answers. Clinical mastery series especially psychiatry had you narrow it down to 2 chocies and sometimes you had no idea what the answer is. DO NOT GO TO THE EXAM WITHOUT TAKING EVERY CLINICAL MASTERY SERIES. ITs worth it!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I felt like Uworld was more detailed than the actual exam. The actual exam I thought was very very very very very similiar to the clinical mastery series. I highly recommend you guys do it. I compared my bar graph on my score report with m y clinical mastery series and they all correlated!!!. My worst was psychiatry then OBGYN then Neurology and quite frankly my psychiatry on the score report was the farthest one on the left then OBGYN then neurology.

NBME questions i felt were shorter and when you finished the question you kinda knew what they were asking for and it was easier to narrow downt he answers. Clinical mastery series especially psychiatry had you narrow it down to 2 chocies and sometimes you had no idea what the answer is. DO NOT GO TO THE EXAM WITHOUT TAKING EVERY CLINICAL MASTERY SERIES. ITs worth it!!!

That was very helpful. Thank you!!

When did you take your exam? Is this the third or fourth Wednesday after your exam date? Was hoping to get mine today but I think it may have gotten held up by the holiday :(

Thank God for everything; Step 2 CK PASSED 249!
Would have liked higher score, but I am very thankful for the grade that I have been given.

Just wanted to share with you guys. The work I've done and my grades.

NBME 4
3/1/15
NBME Scale 330
USMLE Scale 202

NBME 3
4/2/15
NBME Scale 440
USMLE Scale 225

NBME 6
4/16/15
NBME Scale 470
USMLE Scale 231

UWSA
4/23/15
Scale 610
USMLE scale 242

NBME 7
4/30/15
NBME Scale 500
USMLE Scale 237

Free 131
5/1/15
88%

Test Day
5/3/15
Real Deal 249
!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Took this a couple days ago. It was a pretty tiring test, much moreso than step 1. I used UWorld, NBME 7 and UWSA, plus FA step 1 for biostats and random notes here and there from my shelf exam prep. I felt like UW was enough if you've been studying for shelf exams all year. I will update once I get the score in a few weeks.

MOST HELPFUL SOURCES and the ONLY 5 sources I recommend:
1.) FA Step 1 & Medical School Step 1 knowledge material as reference.

2.) UW2, do that 2-3 times. Read ALL explanations AT LEAST TWICE. Read ALL educational OBJECTIVES AT LEAST 3 times.
This is coming from someone who is not a genius. So if you can read it once or twice and get it, more power to you.

3.) Clinical Mastery Series and Self Assessments.

4.) MTB 2 CK (Since all of my UW, NBME, Clinical Mastery Series, and UWSA notes were in it) and MTB 3 was also helpful for me a tad since I am a relatively new to clinical rotations. Also throw in Pestanas Surgery Notes.

5.) Pholston's PDF (Probably should give this a thorough read once or twice before you even start studying.)

THIS IS AN EXTENSIVE SUMMARY OF WHAT I DID, I USED A TON OF RESOURCES IN THE FIRST MONTH OF MY PREP WHICH WAS NOT NECESSARY:

Sources I used:
1.) MTB 2 & MTB 3
2.) UW qbank
3.) Rx qbank
4.) USMLE Step 2 Secrets
5.) First Aid Step 1
6.) Pestana's Surgery notes
7.) Clinical Mastery Series
8.) NBMEs & UWSA

How I studied:
1.) Read MTB 2 twice, finished Rx qbank, and then took my first NBME and failed it.

2.) Started UW along with reading MTB 2 third time and reading MTB 3 for the first time. Made notes on anything I did not know and anything I found important. Read ALL explanations even for the ones I got right I put all notes into MTB 2.
Took my second NBME, score went up 25 points.

3.) Read MTB 2 third time and MTB 3 second time and repeated UW again without taking notes and just reading explanations. Took third NBME score went up 5-10 points.

4.) Did all Clinical Mastery Series questions 100 qs a day in 6 days. Took a picture of all questions and made notes directly into MTB 2. Took another NBME score went up 5-10 points.

5.) Reviewed all educational objectives in UW and then took UWSA.
6.) Reviewed weak areas and took NBME 7 five days before exam, and Free 131 from USMLE website day before my exam.
DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, AS LONG AS YOU CAN REMEMBER, UNDERSTAND, AND RECALL THE INFO, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Exam experience:
- Only had 1 drug ad with 3 questions, super long and super hard. Was in my 7th block of 8 and felt like I got uppercut to my face. But I was thankful it was just one drug ad.
- A lot of immuno. Review FA Step 1 immuno chapter.
- Know how the presentation, management of diagnosis, management of treatment, and pathophysiology of stress, urge, and overflow incontinence.
- Know the rinne and weber tests for conductive and sensineural deafness and know examples of things that can cause the two different types of deafness.
- 40-45% OF MY EXAM FELT LIKE STEP 1 RECALL!
- Know all of the leukemia.s
- Know the childhood bone disorders of congenital hip dysplasia, osgood schlatter, and leg calves perthes disease.
-Know guidelines for PPD & HPV.
- Know all options for contraceptions and in which scenario they are indicated.
- NO BIOCHEM questions on my exam.
- 1 or 2 Chromosome Genetics questions on my exam.
- A LOT of biostat questions with number needed to treat, bias types, and study types.
- Xray differentiations of pneumothorax, from pleural effusion, etc.
- Know the effects of maneuvers on the heart sounds.
- Felt harder than all NBMEs, but felt closest to a mix between UWSA and NBME 7.
- Know risk factors and preventions for major types of cancers such as ovarian, endometrial, lung, thyroid cancers.
- Know the difference between basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma location on the face.
- Know the bone tumors such as osteochondroma and how it looks on xray vs how osteosarcoma looks on xray.
- Know the side effects of ALL drugs of abuse and drugs in the psych chapter of MTB. Lithium, Cocaine, Benzodiazepines, Marijuana etc.
- Know how to manage acute HAV infection, is it supportive care? Immune globulin, or HAV vaccine as a 1st step? (I didn't know this one.)
- Know how to manage aneursym rupture. Do you do immediate surgery or give drugs to decrease blood pressure first? (I put do surgery.)

FOCUS ON THE BEST NEXT STEP, FOR EXAMPLE:
Do you elevate head first or do you put the airway first in a person who has difficulty breathing?
ANSWER: It DEPENDS.
- If person has facial trauma with gurgling sounds? You do cricothrotomy first.
- If a person has aspiration pneumonia then you elevate head first.
There are NOT that many questions that will ask the difference between most accurate vs initial.
So remember you need to know what do you do next from the first thing all the way down to the day the patient gets better and goes home.
In short I recommened:
1.) Use MTB 2 and MTB 3 to help build the skeleton of a foundation which is necessary to build upon.
2.) Do either Rx OR Kaplan qbank before you do UW, IF you have the time. This will orient your mind to the kinds of questions Step 2 CK expects you to know.

3.) IF you have 2-3 months to study or are very low on time, or second qbank is to Focus on UW2 and go through all of it 2-3 times before the exam. Know all of the scenarios and managements in all of the given scenarios. Read ALL explanations even if you get it right and make notes. I felt my exam was very close to the scenarios and concepts of UW.
4.) Do all clinical mastery series and do nbmes to monitor your progress. Save UWSA and NBME 7 for last since they are the closest thing to the exam.
5.) Should probably be listed as number 1, but believe in the work that you've done have faith that the preparation you do will help you get the score that you are shooting for.

OB was my lowest grade perhaps because I have not done OB rotations yet. But I have not done IM or even Surgery rotations either. So it is more than possible to do welll on this exam just from Step 1 and UW2 knowledge.

Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: 10 users
When did you take your exam? Is this the third or fourth Wednesday after your exam date? Was hoping to get mine today but I think it may have gotten held up by the holiday :(
I took it on a monday and got my exam back 4 wednsdays later

MOST HELPFUL SOURCES and the ONLY 5 sources I recommend:
1.) FA Step 1 & Medical School Step 1 knowledge material as reference.

2.) UW2, do that 2-3 times. Read ALL explanations AT LEAST TWICE. Read ALL educational OBJECTIVES AT LEAST 3 times.
This is coming from someone who is not a genius. So if you can read it once or twice and get it, more power to you.

3.) Clinical Mastery Series and Self Assessments.

4.) MTB 2 CK (Since all of my UW, NBME, Clinical Mastery Series, and UWSA notes were in it) and MTB 3 was also helpful for me a tad since I am a relatively new to clinical rotations. Also throw in Pestanas Surgery Notes.

5.) Pholston's PDF (Probably should give this a thorough read once or twice before you even start studying.)

THIS IS AN EXTENSIVE SUMMARY OF WHAT I DID, I USED A TON OF RESOURCES IN THE FIRST MONTH OF MY PREP WHICH WAS NOT NECESSARY:

Sources I used:
1.) MTB 2 & MTB 3
2.) UW qbank
3.) Rx qbank
4.) USMLE Step 2 Secrets
5.) First Aid Step 1
6.) Pestana's Surgery notes
7.) Clinical Mastery Series
8.) NBMEs & UWSA

How I studied:
1.) Read MTB 2 twice, finished Rx qbank, and then took my first NBME and failed it.

2.) Started UW along with reading MTB 2 third time and reading MTB 3 for the first time. Made notes on anything I did not know and anything I found important. Read ALL explanations even for the ones I got right I put all notes into MTB 2.
Took my second NBME, score went up 25 points.

3.) Read MTB 2 third time and MTB 3 second time and repeated UW again without taking notes and just reading explanations. Took third NBME score went up 5-10 points.

4.) Did all Clinical Mastery Series questions 100 qs a day in 6 days. Took a picture of all questions and made notes directly into MTB 2. Took another NBME score went up 5-10 points.

5.) Reviewed all educational objectives in UW and then took UWSA.
6.) Reviewed weak areas and took NBME 7 five days before exam, and Free 131 from USMLE website day before my exam.
DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, AS LONG AS YOU CAN REMEMBER, UNDERSTAND, AND RECALL THE INFO, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Exam experience:
- Only had 1 drug ad with 3 questions, super long and super hard. Was in my 7th block of 8 and felt like I got uppercut to my face. But I was thankful it was just one drug ad.
- A lot of immuno. Review FA Step 1 immuno chapter.
- Know how the presentation, management of diagnosis, management of treatment, and pathophysiology of stress, urge, and overflow incontinence.
- Know the rinne and weber tests for conductive and sensineural deafness and know examples of things that can cause the two different types of deafness.
- 40-45% OF MY EXAM FELT LIKE STEP 1 RECALL!
- Know all of the leukemia.s
- Know the childhood bone disorders of congenital hip dysplasia, osgood schlatter, and leg calves perthes disease.
-Know guidelines for PPD & HPV.
- Know all options for contraceptions and in which scenario they are indicated.
- NO BIOCHEM questions on my exam.
- 1 or 2 Chromosome Genetics questions on my exam.
- A LOT of biostat questions with number needed to treat, bias types, and study types.
- Xray differentiations of pneumothorax, from pleural effusion, etc.
- Know the effects of maneuvers on the heart sounds.
- Felt harder than all NBMEs, but felt closest to a mix between UWSA and NBME 7.
- Know risk factors and preventions for major types of cancers such as ovarian, endometrial, lung, thyroid cancers.
- Know the difference between basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma location on the face.
- Know the bone tumors such as osteochondroma and how it looks on xray vs how osteosarcoma looks on xray.
- Know the side effects of ALL drugs of abuse and drugs in the psych chapter of MTB. Lithium, Cocaine, Benzodiazepines, Marijuana etc.
- Know how to manage acute HAV infection, is it supportive care? Immune globulin, or HAV vaccine as a 1st step? (I didn't know this one.)
- Know how to manage aneursym rupture. Do you do immediate surgery or give drugs to decrease blood pressure first? (I put do surgery.)

FOCUS ON THE BEST NEXT STEP, FOR EXAMPLE:
Do you elevate head first or do you put the airway first in a person who has difficulty breathing?
ANSWER: It DEPENDS.
- If person has facial trauma with gurgling sounds? You do cricothrotomy first.
- If a person has aspiration pneumonia then you elevate head first.
There are NOT that many questions that will ask the difference between most accurate vs initial.
So remember you need to know what do you do next from the first thing all the way down to the day the patient gets better and goes home.
In short I recommened:
1.) Use MTB 2 and MTB 3 to help build the skeleton of a foundation which is necessary to build upon.
2.) Do either Rx OR Kaplan qbank before you do UW, IF you have the time. This will orient your mind to the kinds of questions Step 2 CK expects you to know.

3.) IF you have 2-3 months to study or are very low on time, or second qbank is to Focus on UW2 and go through all of it 2-3 times before the exam. Know all of the scenarios and managements in all of the given scenarios. Read ALL explanations even if you get it right and make notes. I felt my exam was very close to the scenarios and concepts of UW.
4.) Do all clinical mastery series and do nbmes to monitor your progress. Save UWSA and NBME 7 for last since they are the closest thing to the exam.
5.) Should probably be listed as number 1, but believe in the work that you've done have faith that the preparation you do will help you get the score that you are shooting for.

OB was my lowest grade perhaps because I have not done OB rotations yet. But I have not done IM or even Surgery rotations either. So it is more than possible to do welll on this exam just from Step 1 and UW2 knowledge.

Best of luck everyone.

I'd say I agree with Indomethacin's numbered study plan here. Only thing is I think going through UW2 once thoroughly is better than going through it two or three times. But if one wants to focus on UW incorrects if he or she has extra time, there's nothing adverse to that.

Quick question: I'm looking to knock out 4 UW blocks per day. (This will b second pass since I used UW throughout 3rd year for shelf prep). Realistic?

Quick question: I'm looking to knock out 4 UW blocks per day. (This will b second pass since I used UW throughout 3rd year for shelf prep). Realistic?
I'd say the max you can do a day is 3. That's if you study throughout the day diligently. That would be for me. But everyone's different, so why don't you give it a day to try and see if you can do it and then decide accordingly?

We have an extra block as compared to Step 1, 8 blocks +1 hour break, 9hrs total.

How did you all plan your breaks during the day or think of how you will plan those breaks? Did anyone do back to back (e.g. 2 blocks , break, 2 blocks, longer lunch break, 2 blocks, break, 2blocks?)

The prometric center I have nearby has a bathroom which is about a 3-4 minute walk to the lobby. I haven't factored the sign-in time and walk factor just yet and wanted to hear ideas from you all to plan ahead.

Also, are the rules still the same on not writing anything on your marker board until you begin the tutorial (e.g. for biostats equations?)

WOW, just got done with the test. After step 1 I felt like I got dumped on, after CK.... I think I just got hit by a bus, totally blind sided. Time management was such an issue for me also, completely guessed on about 10 questions maybe. Not that similar to clinical mastery series if you ask me. Just speechless right now *sigh* The next 3 weeks of waiting is gonna be hell...