USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't got anything except the Peter Dean's email about dual program that you mentioned earlier. I'm also a interviewee on March 3rd. Anyway it's been a long progress. Best of luck to all of us :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Banesso! did the email mention anything about the result for march 3rd? thanks!

this is all it says:

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! You have been admitted to the Pharm.D. program at the University of Southern California for fall 2012!

Your admission letter will arrive in a big 9X12 envelope in the mail. You will receive it in the next few days. Please follow the instructions and reply to us as soon as possible.

Have a GREAT day!

I’m looking forward to seeing you at Orientation.

Congrats to everyone who got the email! I got nothing :( I guess this means I'm waitlisted/rejected.

this is all it says:

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! You have been admitted to the Pharm.D. program at the University of Southern California for fall 2012!

Your admission letter will arrive in a big 9X12 envelope in the mail. You will receive it in the next few days. Please follow the instructions and reply to us as soon as possible.

Have a GREAT day!

I’m looking forward to seeing you at Orientation.
Thanks! congrats to you and everyone who's been accepted!

Thanks! congrats to you and everyone who's been accepted!

thank you! hang in there, it seems like they accept quite a number later in june and july according to last year's thread. based on pharmcas school info, they accept about 45% of the interviewees!

EDIT: Has anyone been accepted from the other AC dates (Jan, Feb)?

Last edited:
I got my acceptance email today at 12:04pm as well!! :oops: Now the hard decision between UOP & USC... :eek: I interviewed 3/24 for those that are wondering. Congrats to all that have been accepted so far!

PharmacyWarrior, you are the creepiest internet guy ever. Don't know why you still hover around this thread, you never provide any helpful input for those who are still waiting, and you keep asking people to join your facebook group.

Give it a rest

I don't see why you're calling me a creep when you are stalking the thread constantly too. Is there a rule on the internet, esp. in this forum, where I can't come in and look? You may not like me and see my posts as unhelpful, but I couldn't care less about your comment. If you're on the wait list, then there is nothing you can do. I don't get why you're so offensive about my asking people joining the facebook group. In case you didn't know, we offered a lot of help and advice in the group.

I hate to be mean, but I'm glad you didn't get in. Keep waiting bud.

Agree ... we are all worried to get any useful info and this facebook advertisment comes once in a while in the worst moments!

I apologize about that ghoorii. I should have thought about the feeling of others that are waiting...I really hope you get in bud.

Got my acceptance email around 12:30 pm. I was on hold from the January interview so it has been a long wait but so worth it!! See you guys in the fall!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you! hang in there, it seems like they accept quite a number later in june and july according to last year's thread. based on pharmcas school info, they accept about 45% of the interviewees!

Thanks for the encouragement, but I think it's time to throw in the flag. We're getting to the point where all hope becomes more and more false :(. If anyone gets in after this point, congrats!

For those who are already in, congratulations and I hope you all the best!

so if i dont get the acceptance e-mail today, im waitlisted/rejected??

I called the admission and they told me that they just admitted a number of students yesterday. Also, they said that they will have meeting by the end of the month to accept some more by or after April 30th .

I don't see why you're calling me a creep when you are stalking the thread constantly too. Is there a rule on the internet, esp. in this forum, where I can't come in and look? You may not like me and see my posts as unhelpful, but I couldn't care less about your comment. If you're on the wait list, then there is nothing you can do. I don't get why you're so offensive about my asking people joining the facebook group. In case you didn't know, we offered a lot of help and advice in the group.

I hate to be mean, but I'm glad you didn't get in. Keep waiting bud.

I apologize about that ghoorii. I should have thought about the feeling of others that are waiting...I really hope you get in bud.

I'm not your bud, bud. Never said I was or wasn't accepted either :rolleyes:. Maybe if you tried this hard for people to like you in real life, people might ACTUALLY like you.

tl;dr

get a life

I'm not your bud, bud. Never said I was or wasn't accepted either :rolleyes:. Maybe if you tried this hard for people to like you in real life, people might ACTUALLY like you.

tl;dr

get a life

What's with your hostile attitude man. PharmacyWarrior is a nice guy who's only trying to help. And how do you know people don't like him in real life?

I think it's cool that he makes the effort to get people to join the facebook group. These facebook groups give people the opportunity to get in touch with their future classmates before school starts. More future students who join, the better.

So did you get into USC or what? Over 90% of your posts are in this USC thread. I find it hard to believe that you got in and didn't post your acceptance.

What's with your hostile attitude man. PharmacyWarrior is a nice guy who's only trying to help. And how do you know people don't like him in real life?

I think it's cool that he makes the effort to get people to join the facebook group. These facebook groups give people the opportunity to get in touch with their future classmates before school starts. More future students who join, the better.

So did you get into USC or what? Over 90% of your posts are in this USC thread. I find it hard to believe that you got in and didn't post your acceptance.

I for one think it's a little creepy to stay in a thread where people are trying to figure out whether or not they got accepted AFTER being accepted. Make a new thread called USC C/O 2016 or get the **** out.

I called the admission and they told me that they just admitted a number of students yesterday. Also, they said that they will have meeting by the end of the month to accept some more by or after April 30th .

I for one think it's a little creepy to stay in a thread where people are trying to figure out whether or not they got accepted AFTER being accepted. Make a new thread called USC C/O 2016 or get the **** out.

This thread is titled "2016 USC thread." So anything USC related goes.

Thanks ekimed. Let him say what he wants to...I don't give a...
It's his mouth...just ignore him and let him talk to himself. I'll stop posting on this thread now if it makes him feel better. I don't want to get caught up in this high school drama that he started.

Hi guys, just got an email from them 16 minutes ago
Dear Applicant,

Due to large number of file reviews, the Admission committee was not able to complete the evaluations of March interviewees. A second meeting will be held to complete the March interview evaluations, and you will hear from us in the first week of May.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks ekimed. Let him say what he wants to...I don't give a...
It's his mouth...just ignore him and let him talk to himself. I'll stop posting on this thread now if it makes him feel better. I don't want to get caught up in this high school drama that he started.
I just got an email regard my application which is still on hold and they will notify me by the first week of May... I called admission this morning and they said they have some rejections which they will send out soon and they rest by the end of the month....:xf:

Dear Applicant,

Due to large number of file reviews, the Admission committee was not able to complete the evaluations of March interviewees. A second meeting will be held to complete the March interview evaluations, and you will hear from us in the first week of May.

just got that email too, so were still in the running for being accepted :) Albeit its another 2 weeks of torture and waiting!

just got that email too, so were still in the running for being accepted :) Albeit its another 2 weeks of torture and waiting!

haha there's hope I guess :) at least we don't have to keep checking our emails and this thread:) GL

I don't want to try to take sides or get involved, but I believe PharmacyWarrior never intentionally directed anything offensive to you. If there was something you didn't like, you could have just private messaged him. And the facebook group is very helpful...

And if you did get accepted, congrats! I know you and I were both waiting since October. I know what it feels like to go through the waiting game. Best wishes.

I just got an email regard my application which is still on hold and they will notify me by the first week of May... I called admission this morning and they said they have some rejections which they will send out soon and they rest by the end of the month....:xf:

they're rejecting this early on? I read on last years thread, no one was rejected until mid- june. i guess they're being more efficient this year. sighs ... it's hard to stay hopeful at this point :( hopefully we'll hear some good news soon.

they're rejecting this early on? I read on last years thread, no one was rejected until mid- june. i guess they're being more efficient this year. sighs ... it's hard to stay hopeful at this point :( hopefully we'll hear some good news soon.
I know ...she even told me this is the first year they are rejecting people this early ... :xf:did u get the email?

Left-click name, Add X To Your Ignore list, ...and problem solved!
Surprised people who are entering pharmacy school are behaving this way and arguing in this public forum. o_0

PharmacyWarrior, you are the creepiest internet guy ever. Don't know why you still hover around this thread, you never provide any helpful input for those who are still waiting, and you keep asking people to join your facebook group.

Give it a rest

hi ohpues, i still hover around this thread even though i was accepted already. how was your day? come join the fb group whether or not you got accepted! :p

Immature. :thumbdown:

Dear Applicant,

Same boat...=[ Never thought this will turn out so stressful!

in other news, d3 beta is open to everyone tomorrow after 12:00pm for the weekend only -- pass the time and have fun playing it by dl'ing it at the blizz website :p

Dear Applicant,

ahaha, I got this, too :( face-->desk

how long does it take for USC to confirm receipt of our deposit?

how long does it take for USC to confirm receipt of our deposit?
I sent my deposit on a friday and they sent me an email to confirm on tuesday so I think they confirm it as soon as they receive it.

ahaha, I got this, too :( face-->desk
I went to dual program seminar last night and I got some useful info. Peter Dean told me there are 80 seats left so far and they are expecting almost 50 more people reject their acceptance so he said almost 130 seats left so for ... so there is still hope:xf:

I went to dual program seminar last night and I got some useful info. Peter Dean told me there are 80 seats left so far and they are expecting almost 50 more people reject their acceptance so he said almost 130 seats left so for ... so there is still hope:xf:

Really? 80 seats open seems unbelievable... 130 seems crazy

Thanks for the info Ghoorii. Do you know if they already had the second meeting?

Thanks for the info Ghoorii. Do you know if they already had the second meeting?
he said the next meeting will be on next monday and they will wrap up everything by mid-night...

i looked back at the class profile for fall 2011 and it says they admitted 265.
so if they admitted roughly 140 so far, 130 actually makes sense. that's lots of hope for everyone still waiting! :)

I got an email today but it's another evaluation letter. I am getting nervous now.

I just got an acceptance email from USC dated 3:30 today. AC since Oct.