USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pretty much if you didn't get your acceptance yesterday or today, you're going to be on the waitlist (AC list) :(

my friends who interviewed in oct and jan were off the ac list yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

pretty much if you didn't get your acceptance yesterday or today, you're going to be on the waitlist (AC list) :(

my friends who interviewed in oct and jan were off the ac list yesterday.

ah ic. USC is such a tease..

For those of you who have been accepted, what was your cumulative GPA and science/math GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted yesterday too! :)
But i have a question, during the interviews, did anyone get the feeling that the USC students were really stressed?
Also, if anyone has time, can they say why they are deciding to go to USC? Please and thank you :)

I don't think USC students are really stressed out, instead, I think they are pretty cheer, upbeat and SOCIAL! Yes! That's the Southern Cali culture, influenced by its sunshine, beaches, restaurants, bars and clubs :) If you like that kind of atmosphere, and it fits your personalities, then consider going! But this does not mean USC is easier! They have very good faculty and facilities that help students in all aspects of their life. I heard their curriculum is tough.

Academically, they have heavy courses on therapeutics, which is very clinically oriented, and they also have more IPPE hours that are build into your curriculum (so you don't have to go about finding sites yourself). You get the luxuries of what a private school ought to offer--tons of opportunities and connections in SoCal. Plus USC's ranking is moving upwards, which is a good sign and shows lots of potential. I have also heard USC prepares you really well for the board exam, especially in health law with their law professors.

If you are looking for a private school, USC is exceptional! Good luck on your decision!

Congrats wishinstar! I remember you! :) Come join us in our fb group and we'll be glad to answer any questions that you may have. I got a couple of P1 students to join us in our fb group. Feel free to ask them about your questions.
Hi Pharmacy Warrior! Yes, i remember talking to you a while ago too! :) I hope everything is going swell for you! I just added the fb page so i can ask a few question before making a final decision :)

Thanks Pharmacyinlove for your response!!

Can anyone who has already been to the interview recommend some hotels to stay? Thanks

Gahhh just got the A/C email. Looks like 31 people got accepted from 2/25 interview and 15 people got pulled from Oct/Jan interviews.

Gahhh just got the A/C email. Looks like 31 people got accepted from 2/25 interview and 15 people got pulled from Oct/Jan interviews.
same here , so it seems they accept 120 people so far...

what's the point of telling us we're on AC if they haven't denied anyone yet?

Its like they're teasing us! On the bright side, USC is going to review our files again after the last interview. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know how the reviewing process specifically works? I mean, does the admissions committee actually sit together and go over each application from the AC list, or were students assigned a raw score for the overall application? Also, does that list of 120 students include the TAP students?

Hey guys,
I just got offered an interview for March 24th. However, I would like to decline the interview. Do i only have the option of calling or can I email my response to withdraw my app?

Hey guys,
I just got offered an interview for March 24th. However, I would like to decline the interview. Do i only have the option of calling or can I email my response to withdraw my app?

I just called to decline the offer, its pretty easy and painless... but they do ask you where you are going instead for their records.

active consideration = waitlist in a way...

waitlist sounds less nice though

Does anyone happen to know how the reviewing process specifically works? I mean, does the admissions committee actually sit together and go over each application from the AC list, or were students assigned a raw score for the overall application? Also, does that list of 120 students include the TAP students?

No idea on how the review process work, just a lot of speculation. They could sit together and review or from the raw scores they could make comparison and choose people with higher scores. There are a few TAP students being admitted in the acceptance pool already. So it's really hard to know how many TAP students are guaranteed for this year of 180-195 students.

Hey guys,

It would be better to email them because it seems more professional that way. Just put your name, pharmcas ID, usc application ID and state your reason why you're declining them.

hey everyone! I just got accepted last week. Has anyone made the school page for class of 2016?

I know this is extremely unlikely, but do you think they are still emailing school interviews? I haven't heard from them yet and I'm pretty sure I didn't get an interview offer. Thank you!

I know this is extremely unlikely, but do you think they are still emailing school interviews? I haven't heard from them yet and I'm pretty sure I didn't get an interview offer. Thank you!

I'm hate to break this to you....but as of now all invitations have been sent out. I don't think usc will send out anymore invitations. The interview is this Saturday so it's too late for them to send out invitations on such a short notice. There could be a small chance that usc will have a 5th interview like WesternU to fill up spots. Have you applied to other schools? If you did, I hope you will get called in for other programs. My best wish to you. Good luck...

I know they say that they send out invites 2-3 weeks prior to the interview, but I got an invite just yesterday evening for the March 24th interview, so I guess its still possible :)

I know they say that they send out invites 2-3 weeks prior to the interview, but I got an invite just yesterday evening for the March 24th interview, so I guess its still possible :)

Oh really? Congrats and gl with your interview! That's a good news for those that are still waiting. Thanks for posting this UT2012 :)

Pharmacywarrior,

do you know if USC will be sending out rejections?

Did you guys do a background check for USC or the school does not require it?

Pharmacywarrior,

do you know if USC will be sending out rejections?

USC is still placing everyone on the AC list. They have not rejected anyone yet. Rejection letters will be send out by April (that's my speculation).

Did you guys do a background check for USC or the school does not require it?

You need to do the background check by completing that email from Certiphi. USC requires it. I think they will give you like 2 weeks after your acceptance to complete that. The email is safe and it's not a scam if that's your concern.

Thanks PharmacyWarrior.
How long after you got accepted did you receive the email from certiphi? I got the acceptance email on Friday but I did not receive the email from Certiphi yet!! Should I worry??

Thanks PharmacyWarrior.
How long after you got accepted did you receive the email from certiphi? I got the acceptance email on Friday but I did not receive the email from Certiphi yet!! Should I worry??

Hehe don't sweat it. You're fine. I got the background check email like one month after my acceptance package. My acceptance was 11/18 and the email came on 12/16. Just wait for a month and if it doesn't show up then call usc admission office to check with them. Relax and enjoy your long break. The last interview is this Sat. so you have a lot of time :). Don't forget to upload all of your tax info to usc ASAP.

Hehe don't sweat it. You're fine. I got the background check email like one month after my acceptance package. My acceptance was 11/18 and the email came on 12/16. Just wait for a month and if it doesn't show up then call usc admission office to check with them. Relax and enjoy your long break. The last interview is this Sat. so you have a lot of time :). Don't forget to upload all of your tax info to usc ASAP.
Thank you PharmacyWarrior. Your help is greatly appreciated :)

I'm curious, do the USC courses have any lab components? Also, do students take part in research?

Just curious. Are USC TAP students guaranteed admission to pharmD program? Or they just have a better chance?

Just curious. Are USC TAP students guaranteed admission to pharmD program? Or they just have a better chance?

TAP students are guaranteed for admission into the program as long as they maintain their GPAs and grades above C-; however, I was told by a TAP student that they will change the procedure after this year...don't quote me on that.

TAP students are guaranteed for admission into the program as long as they maintain their GPAs and grades above C-; however, I was told by a TAP student that they will change the procedure after this year...don't quote me on that.

sure doesn't sound fair to me that they get guarantee admission. Its just like UOP. They dont even have to worry that hard.

I was wondering how and when USC specifically finds out if someone chooses another school over it.

sure doesn't sound fair to me that they get guarantee admission. Its just like UOP. They dont even have to worry that hard.

Well if you think about it, the reason why we interview is because they simply don't know us and whether we fit their criteria. Compared to the TAP students, we are simply strangers to USC so we have to compete for it. Sort of like applying for a job, companies would rather give the position to someone who is already within or if no one wants it, then they offer it to someone outside. Also, those TAP students have probably forked over a huge chunk of money just to be in that program.

Lol life IS not fair. If you have the money for 8 years of tuition, of course they will take you. That's $350k for them

Well if you think about it, the reason why we interview is because they simply don't know us and whether we fit their criteria. Compared to the TAP students, we are simply strangers to USC so we have to compete for it. Sort of like applying for a job, companies would rather give the position to someone who is already within or if no one wants it, then they offer it to someone outside. Also, those TAP students have probably forked over a huge chunk of money just to be in that program.

exactly, money pretty much solve a lot of your problem. which is why it is not fair. For all we know, those guys who has 3.0 might not even be qualified to be pharmacist.

exactly, money pretty much solve a lot of your problem. which is why it is not fair. For all we know, those guys who has 3.0 might not even be qualified to be pharmacist.

I don't get why you hate TAP students so much? Before getting into TAP program, I'm sure that they have to be competitive enough to apply. Also, it's normal that their seats are guaranteed because they paid so much during their undergrad. years. You're assuming too much....I'm sure their GPAs have to be competitive enough to be accepted into the PharmD program too. Can't we all get along and be happy for others success? If you really don't like USC and their program, then don't apply here...simple as that.

I don't get why you hate TAP students so much? Before getting into TAP program, I'm sure that they have to be competitive enough to apply. Also, it's normal that their seats are guaranteed because they paid so much during their undergrad. years. You're assuming too much....I'm sure their GPAs have to be competitive enough to be accepted into the PharmD program too. Can't we all get along and be happy for others success? If you really don't like USC and their program, then don't apply here...simple as that.

no, i didn't apply to USC. You mention it again just like all the above post. MONEY solves everything. Let me rephrase, I dont hate the students, I hate USC for guaranteeing such a thing because money alone can 99% get you in. like UOP, 3.0 can get you into pharmD, I believe.

Anyway, I'm sure TAP students will do just fine in the program.
Do you guys think the program at USC is good? I know it's rank 10 but what do current student think? I'm deciding whether I should go to USC :/

Anyway, I'm sure TAP students will do just fine in the program.
Do you guys think the program at USC is good? I know it's rank 10 but what do current student think? I'm deciding whether I should go to USC :/

I think to answer that question, you'd have to ask a current student or a recent alumni. Asking prospective students won't help because they don't know the program first-hand. Obviously the program is "good", but whether it fits what you're looking for, then you gotta research.

EDIT: Also, I would suggest asking someone who is willing to give you the negative aspects of USC, that way their answers aren't bias.

Last edited:
I think to answer that question, you'd have to ask a current student or a recent alumni. Asking prospective students won't help because they don't know the program first-hand. Obviously the program is "good", but whether it fits what you're looking for, then you gotta research.

EDIT: Also, I would suggest asking someone who is willing to give you the negative aspects of USC, that way their answers aren't bias.

Yea Im hoping the current students will see the question. I dont really know many people from USC so it's hard to find someone to ask those questions