USC cost of attendance is 130K for the 1st year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
don't worry, the trojan family connections will carry their career. :nod:
Reminds me of that kid who said he chose USC for the "name, hot girls, PBL, and laidback students"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
TROJANS and bruins

you see what I did there? this is by no mean a mistake. that is the true self of UCLA

no kidding, this is what I saw on the school's representation. so ridiculous and immature. I understand school's spirit and stuff is fun but majority of the students dont give a crap. Putting down another school by making immature joke in a professional setting just reflects poorly on the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Reminds me of that kid who said he chose USC for the "name, hot girls, PBL, and laidback students"

that kid is probably reading this and is betting all his eggs on getting the 3 year AF HPSP in his second year at USC

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST DONT APPLY THERE . . . That will show the real impact . . . Maybe those who apply there are not the brightest? . . . .Thoughts?

TROJANS and bruins

you see what I did there? this is by no mean a mistake. that is the true self of UCLA

no kidding, this is what I saw on the school's representation. so ridiculous and immature. I understand school's spirit and stuff is fun but majority of the students dont give a crap. Putting down another school by making immature joke in a professional setting just reflects poorly on the school.

yeah I remember them doing this too, it was sorta funny lol.
the presentation focused more on football than dentistry, maybe they were just trying to get us comfortable.

JUST DONT APPLY THERE . . . That will show the real impact . . . Maybe those who apply there are not the brightest? . . . .Thoughts?

I think still brighter than applicants who interview at Touro and praying the school get accredited so they can become debtists

I think still brighter than applicants who interview at Touro and praying the school get accredited so they can become debtists

I think you are wrong !

Debtist LOL . . .

$500K debt/ $0.500MIL - That is wild, I can't believe it! . . . Where are the regulators?

I think you are wrong !

Debtist LOL . . .

$500K debt/ $0.500MIL - That is wild, I can't believe it! . . . Where are the regulators?

what do you mean regulators? aren't they the ones that set the price?

I think you are wrong !

Debtist LOL . . .

you should set an example by withdrawing ur app from touro (you are feeding in the demand).

talk about regulators, smh

Why regulate when government is making money out of these loans? Assume 2000 dental students a year with the average of $250,000 debt and 7% interest. Out of $500 million financial aid given, they are making $35,000,000 from the interests on the first year of repayment. Consider a 10 year repayment plan, which is the lowest amount of cumilative interest paid on loans, then the government has made $190million from the interests. If it was a private bond, it could be a AAA one. Low risk, high interest. and that's just from one year of graduates.

I mean, isn't that why everyone goes to dental school? not like cost of attendance, curriculum, or clinical experience matters or anything.

you should set an example by withdrawing ur app from touro (you are feeding in the demand).

talk about regulators, smh

Touro is like $70K per year, 4 years would be about $300k . . . I think that is the average . .. . $500K is absurd and I think a robbery, especially to a student !

$400k isn't too hard to pay off with a $120k salary (after taxes).

Assuming you live on $40-50k, you'd have $70kish to add towards your loan repayment per year. You can pay that off in 7 years @ 6%. This is also assuming your salary stays at $120k for 7 years. Now, of course you became a dentist, you don't want to live on $40-50k/yr. But making that sacrifice for 5 - 7 years is worth it imo.
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
omg look at his face ! and then he starts crappin in his pants. . .

:boom:

I took attractiveness of students into consideration when choosing a school. ;)

Doesn't everyone?

you had a strong GPA and DAT score as well if you got into UW dental, I'm surprised you didn't get accepted anywhere else?
I got into all the schools i interviewed at (UW, Western, Colorado).

For me, it came down to colorado and uw, but UW was where my heart was really at when i factored in other non educational qualities. The difference was around 60k. And I know it is still a lot of money but i figured if I'm going to be in a ****hole count of debt, 60k more will be worth it for the reasons i chose UW over colorado. haha

Although maybe once the loan bills start coming in, i may regret this decision. hahaha

couldn't you have saved around 100K if you went to Western instead of UW?
what made you decide against WesternU?

Last edited:
It's all about that trojan pride
aka wearing trojan condoms for life because you cant afford to ever have kids

no amount of pride should be worth 500K, just a few years ago USC was around 340K and people still complained about cost back then.
how can someone expect to be able to open a private practice when they are already in so much debt?

I took attractiveness of students into consideration when choosing a school. ;)

Doesn't everyone?
Nah, I change the level of attractiveness...

...by bringing it down. +pity+

Reactions: 4 users
no amount of pride should be worth 500K, just a few years ago USC was around 340K and people still complained about cost back then.
how can someone expect to be able to open a private practice when they are already in so much debt?
By taking on more debt? LOL Welcome to America!

fourth year total direct cost should rise to 65K for the class of 2020, and living expenses in LA is a lot more expensive than that low 16K they have on there.

That's still lower than the previous three years. Is that normal for most dental schools? Yeah...I am getting ready to share a room when I move to NYC to reduce my living cost as much as possible

That's still lower than the previous three years. Is that normal for most dental schools? Yeah...I am getting ready to share a room when I move to NYC to reduce my living cost as much as possible

no they said during the interview that the 4th year is less expensive because they "decided to be nice".

don't worry, the trojan family connections will carry their career. :nod:

In fact it will, at least for me. My mother graduated from USC and has been successfully practicing for 15 years. Paid off her loans the first 7 years and currently establishing her second practice.

Mind you that those were my secondary reasons to attend USC, not primary. In addition, that only applies for me, I don't represent all of USC's applicants. It's all preference.

that kid is probably reading this and is betting all his eggs on getting the 3 year AF HPSP in his second year at USC

What's wrong with that? That or 10 years of working for non-profit, or simply allowing my family to help me out because they can. By the time I get out, I have two practices waiting for me.

I mean, isn't that why everyone goes to dental school? not like cost of attendance, curriculum, or clinical experience matters or anything.

Here you go again all confused on why people attend dental school VS where people choose to go to dental school. I remember responding to this on a different thread in which you edited your comment to a "." before I could even quote it. Let me quote you mine. Check below.

You don't know me. My reasons to choose a dental school and WHY I want to go to dental school are two different things. Just because I want to go to USC doesn't mean I don't want to help people. I have over 6000 total dental related hours and 2000 plus hours in community service. Now why would I spend all this time just to not help people out?

for @Confused321 ...if you didn't like it in the first place why apply? Yet attend the interview? Unless you're really confused...or simply didn't do enough research before applying.
for everyone: If you don't like it, don't apply. It's easy. Anyone can become successful no matter which school they choose. It's all about having the proper mentality and the drive to succeed. A strong connection helps. I'm not saying that it's necessary, but it helps.

People are really good at twisting other people's words in this forum. This is what the future dentists of America looks like. Savages.

Last edited:
LOL Out of nowhere.

Can I ask though, where else you were accepted or offered a seat?

And why was USC always your primary choice? Honestly, I only remember you for saying PBL, hot girls, etc. LOL

What's up Darknightzzz. I'll let you know when I get that AF scholarship. Unlv is 94 first year compared to 102 at USC. What's up with making a huge deal about it?

How are you going to pay for unlv?

This is getting juicy. I LOVE IT.

Reactions: 2 users
LOL Out of nowhere.

Can I ask though, where else you were accepted or offered a seat?

And why was USC always your primary choice? Honestly, I only remember you for saying PBL, hot girls, etc. LOL

I'm not going to answer that question to satisfy your needs but what I am going to do is take responsibility for everything that I said before including the beaches, hot girls, PBL, etc. Lol. That's my preference and I do not represent ALL of USC's applicants. Everyone seems to base their arguments about USC off of what I said and nothing else. LOL. I am still wondering why apply though and attend the interview if you don't like the school @Confused321.

I'm not going to answer that question to satisfy your needs but what I am going to do is take responsibility for everything that I said before including the beaches, hot girls, PBL, etc. Lol. That's my preference and I do not represent ALL of USC's applicants. Everyone seems to base their arguments about USC off of what I said and nothing else. LOL. I am still wondering why apply though and attend the interview if you don't like the school @Confused321.

My "need" was just trying to see if you chose USC because that was the only school. Was that your primary reason?

No disrespect to USC or the applicants. I applied there and, hell, if I didn't get in anywhere else, I would've attended.

My "need" was just trying to see if you chose USC because that was the only school. Was that your primary reason?

No disrespect to USC or the applicants. I applied there and, hell, if I didn't get in anywhere else, I would've attended.

Oh ok well it's not. You can go back and read my post from the USC thread.

What happens if you don't use condoms ever?

Oh ok well it's not. You can go back and read my post from the USC thread.
I'm good, too lazy. I'll just remember you as the dude who chose USC cause of the hot girls, PBL, etc. LOL

Reactions: 2 users
no they said during the interview that the 4th year is less expensive because they "decided to be nice".

because on your fourth year you graduate in the summer so your 4th year is only 2/3 of full year so that is the reduction in tuition and fee

What's up Darknightzzz. I'll let you know when I get that AF scholarship. Unlv is 94 first year compared to 102 at USC. What's up with making a huge deal about it?

How are you going to pay for unlv?

You have a sincere love for him/her but I ain't him/her. I am not going to unlv either who knows how much it costs there.

because on your fourth year you graduate in the summer so your 4th year is only 2/3 of full year so that is the reduction in tuition and fee

Same as UNLV

You have a sincere love for him/her but I ain't him/her. I am not going to unlv either who knows how much it costs there.

I really do! My heart feels so cold ever since he departed.

Just don't talk about me behind my back and we will call it even. Thanks. Good luck at unlv.

Same as UNLV

I really do! My heart feels so cold ever since he departed.

Just don't talk about me behind my back and we will call it even. Thanks. Good luck at unlv.

what is the point you are trying to get at here?
this thread is made to discuss the "cost of attendance is 130k for USC for the first year", nobody is talking behind your back.

basically you try to oppress free speech of pre-dental students on SDN. anyone is free to comment about any school.

Reactions: 4 users
this thread is made to discuss the "cost of attendance is 130k for USC for the first year", nobody is talking behind your back.

basically you try to oppress free speech of pre-dental students on SDN. anyone is free to comment about any school.

If I remember correctly, same thing happened in the school specific USC thread too. They digressed and started comparing costs of USC to UNLV's (I don't know why, since UNLV is significantly cheaper).
Even in his ban, darknightzzz leaves ripples. Btw, why'd he get banned?

Last edited:

What am I referring too? Here, you posted this:

This is referring to me, not a school. It contradicts your free speech point. I could care less about USC. I don't appreciate the cheap shot. I'm nothing but kind and respective to people on this forum, you should consider the same Darknightzzz. I don't belong in this thread, and the only reason I'm here because your post above signaled a notification that I was mentioned here.

Whenever someone posts "that kid is probably reading this and is betting all his eggs on getting the 3 year AF HPSP in his second year at USC," you get a notification?

I wonder what secret quotes summon me.

On a side note, you could care less. He made a vague reference and that's that. I don't think it's an attack on you.

Last edited:
What am I referring too? Here, you posted this:

This is referring to me, not a school. It contradicts your free speech point. I could care less about USC. I don't appreciate the cheap shot. I'm nothing but kind and respective to people on this forum, you should consider the same Darknightzzz. I don't belong in this thread, and the only reason I'm here because your post above signaled a notification that I was mentioned here.

this is going to the wrong direction and turned into personal attack. let us all be respectful and kind and stop this.

EDIT: again, I don't know what happens between you and that person, but I am not him/her. forcing an identity on someone else based on your pure assumption is unlawful.

Whenever someone posts "that kid is probably reading this and is betting all his eggs on getting the 3 year AF HPSP in his second year at USC," you get a notification?

I wonder what secret quotes summon me.

On a side note, you could care less. He made a vague reference and that's that. I don't think it's an attack on you.

frozenicecreamDMD mentioned you in a post in the thread USC cost of attendance is 130K for the 1st year.
2:17 PM

Vague in your opinion, not in mine.