USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
denied! oh well. it's such a relief to finally know what school i'll be going to though. this makes my decision so much easier. good luck to everyone in the fall! study hard!

Members don't see this ad.

WOW...only THIRTY got in after the March interview?? Last year, 77 were offered spots at this point. I guess less people have turned down offers? Not sure what else it could be.

that means a lot of march interviewees were not accepted.

I got the waitlist letter too and I am filling out the form as we speak! hahaha. I was freaked out when I opened the mailbox but when I felt how thick the envelope was I knew it was the waitlist letter! I am just relieved it wasn't a rejection.

Just for anyone who might ask, I interviewed back in November. Hmmm, I wonder what chunk of the November interviewees are part of the waitlist? Jeez, Nov. was so long ago! The letter said: The "active consideration" group from November to March totals 128...is that the same as the total people they are offering waitlist spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
usually those accepted to both UCSF and USC pick UCSF, but unusually this year, more pick USC. Therefore I don't expect much movement in the AC list this year. I could be wrong..not to put anybody's hopes down.

Those that got their letters today, you guys live in the SoCal area right? If so, I won't hear anything until Saturday.

usually those accepted to both UCSF and USC pick UCSF, but unusually this year, more pick USC. Therefore I don't expect much movement in the AC list this year. I could be wrong..not to put anybody's hopes down.

Seems like everyone that's getting into both have been accepting USC! The ones on SDN that is. Ugh, yes this year would be the year that everyone wants to go to USC. :p

Well, I was expecting this for a long time now, but I was finally rejected from USC. I interviewed on 1/24, am from Socal, and don't really care about going to USC because I am going to UCSF! :)

Well, I was expecting this for a long time now, but I was finally rejected from USC. I interviewed on 1/24, am from Socal, and don't really care about going to USC because I am going to UCSF! :)

Quit bragging! Jk. Are you in SoCal?

Call me the perpetual waitlister. Waitlisted last year ar ucsd. This year at usc and ucsf. I'm assuming they form a list once all the potential waitlisters turn in their forms.

Quit bragging! Jk. Are you in SoCal?

I am not bragging. USC is too expensive of an option for me even if I got in. And if you did read the msg I wrote above, it indicates that I am from socal. I had already expected this day to come because I did not have a good interview day at all at USC. I got grilled with some really tough questions compared to my fellow friends who were also interviewing on the same day.

Good luck to the rest of you guys! :thumbup:

I am not bragging. USC is too expensive of an option for me even if I got in. And if you did read the msg I wrote above, it indicates that I am from socal. I had already expected this day to come because I did not have a good interview day at all at USC. I got grilled with some really tough questions compared to my fellow friends who were also interviewing on the same day.

Good luck to the rest of you guys! :thumbup:

Jk= just kidding. ;) Thanks for the info. What did they ask you at the interview?

Got my waitlist letter today. I interviewed in November and live in Los Angeles. Good luck to the rest of you...Here's to more prolonged agony!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, it seems as though they're only giving out waitlist and rejection letters so far. I just hope I don't get a rejection letter. :(

SOOOO DID ANYONE WHO WAS IN

MARCH INTERVIEW USC

get a letter of acceptance yet?

I have not recieved my letter but I think its because I am norcal? People that got the letters (either rejection/AC), are you located in So Cal or Nor Cal?

ANYONE FROM NORCAL GOT A LETTER? PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

MARCH INTERVIEW USC

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have not recieved my letter but I think its because I am norcal? People that got the letters (either rejection/AC), are you located in So Cal or Nor Cal?

PharmDHelp:

9546]My friend who also interviewed on March 21st also was accepted today by mail. She also lives in the bay area. So I think there was definitely a batch of acceptance letters that had gone out yesterday and today. Good luck to all of you still waiting. I hope you all get in! :D

As for my UCSF acceptance, I will likely be turning down my seat at UCSF to go to USC. So that helps out those of you also waiting on UCSF! :D

I got my letter today, postmarked 04/14/09. Just from speculating the trend of this thread, it seems like March interview acceptances were already decided and sent out (Norcal/Socal/out of state) before this batch of waitlist/denial letters. I could be totally wrong though.

Does anyone know if it helps if your pre-reqs are already completed before turning in the waitlist form? Is it possible to move down the ranking after they've given you the number? Also, I'm taking an anatomy w/ lab pre-req right now for Western, but I know that this isn't required for USC. Do I still need give USC my final grade for this class even if it's not their pre-req? And if it helps any, I think I'm going to end up with an A in this class, which I think could actually make a slight difference in my overall GPA.

MARCH INTERVIEW USC

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
I got my letter today, postmarked 04/14/09. Just from speculating the trend of this thread, it seems like March interview acceptances were already decided and sent out (Norcal/Socal/out of state) before this batch of waitlist/denial letters. I could be totally wrong though.

Does anyone know if it helps if your pre-reqs are already completed before turning in the waitlist form? Is it possible to move down the ranking after they've given you the number? Also, I'm taking an anatomy w/ lab pre-req right now for Western, but I know that this isn't required for USC. Do I still need give USC my final grade for this class even if it's not their pre-req? And if it helps any, I think I'm going to end up with an A in this class, which I think could actually make a slight difference in my overall GPA.

I think you're right. They're probably only handing out waitlist/rejection letters. I hope I at least get a waitlist letter, though I'll be upset that I still have to wait, but it's better than a rejection letter. I believe people have been saying that if you give them your grades and they improve your GPA, you can move up in the rankings. Also, farmercyst said that the rankings don't mean much because #50 can be pulled before #30. They won't update your rankings either, you have to call and find out. I believe that's everything I know. Good luck! :luck:

I don't keep my hope up at USC since they are expensive and it looks like they didn't pull off many ACs.

Yeah, a little bit of the hope I had diminishes as each day goes on...

Im already over the rejection. I just wanted to go there for the name - but I feel it is for the best because USC is expensive and the area isnt that great. Im planning on applying to out of state schools based on the cities now haha. UH-hilo, florida, south nevada etc - these are all around 20k a year in tuition and are in much more interesting areas and don't have the inflated elitism of USC :D

Im already over the rejection. I just wanted to go there for the name - but I feel it is for the best because USC is expensive and the area isnt that great. Im planning on applying to out of state schools based on the cities now haha. UH-hilo, florida, south nevada etc - these are all around 20k a year in tuition and are in much more interesting areas and don't have the inflated elitism of USC :D
Southern Nevada tuition is 40k not 20k

To the people who have received the waitlist letter, are most of you going to send in your form? I sent mine yesterday but I was looking through last years USC thread, the waitlisted people didn't find out their position on the list until mid-June and were updated in July which is past the deadline I was going to give myself to withdraw from the list (if nothing happens) & move on!

To the people who have received the waitlist letter, are most of you going to send in your form? I sent mine yesterday but I was looking through last years USC thread, the waitlisted people didn't find out their position on the list until mid-June and were updated in July which is past the deadline I was going to give myself to withdraw from the list (if nothing happens) & move on!

I'm sending mine in but knowing that stinks. I was giving myself until like the 2nd or 3rd week of July before withdrawing if I didn't get off the waitlist (of course getting in all my paper work for my other school before then). I'm not sure if that'll give me enough time to get everything ready since I'll be making a big move. If I lived close by, I could handle being called in at the last minute, but I don't. I'm going to go bald after this process. :rolleyes:

I sent my form in today. Let the waiting begin...again. I live nearby, so I think I will hold out until the bitter end.

I want to wait until the end (if I have to), but I don't think I can. I gotta start looking for an apartment and roommate before school starts in August. My friend lives in Pasadena, so not too far away from the school, and he said I could live with him until I found a place if they called me at the last minute, but then I'd have to cancel my lease and everything else. I might just end up doing that.

I want to wait until the end (if I have to), but I don't think I can. I gotta start looking for an apartment and roommate before school starts in August. My friend lives in Pasadena, so not too far away from the school, and he said I could live with him until I found a place if they called me at the last minute, but then I'd have to cancel my lease and everything else. I might just end up doing that.

I'm in the same situation, I want to start looking for housing in June up in NorCal. Things would get a little bit messy if I found a place and sorted out my financial aid things with the other school only to hear from USC afterwards! Someone should have warned us of the hair loss we would be suffering from this application process haha :p

I am just glad that I am one the 128 waitlisters... :D:D:D That means I still have hope...
Yes, I will send in my info tomorrow.
More waiting guys... Hang in there!:xf::xf::xf:

Wow it seems like almost all of you are turning in your forms to stay on the waitlist. I admire your persistence! It's unfortunate that it seems like most people are choosing USC over UCSF this year. Good luck to all of you. I hope you all get in to USC! :xf:

Yeah, this is probably the toughest part of the cycle. Sorry for those who didn't make it. Good luck to those still waiting. Congrats to everyone that was accepted. I'll keep checking on your progress. Hope to see as many of you as possible in the fall.

Just got my waitlist letter but I will decline.

I assume you are declining because you have already been accepted elsewhere. I'm curious of where you have been accepted/will be going for pharmacy school.

I assume you are declining because you have already been accepted elsewhere. I'm curious of where you have been accepted/will be going for pharmacy school.

He is on the waitlist for UCSF, but there was so much waitlist movement that he's practically in. He just needs the verification from UCSF that he will be admitted and he will probably attend there. That is my assumption.

ok so here are my thoughts, someone please correct me if im wrong... So USC has about 128 people on the waitlist. If i'm not mistaken, USC admits approximately a little over 200 students for a class of 185 students. So I am guessing until 15 or so students decide to go elsewhere, then they will start going off the waitlist then. Next thing is, USC has been sending out acceptances since NOV, JAN, FEB. It's to my understanding that they give you about two-three weeks to decide if you will be submitting your deposit and attending USC? .. so theoretically since only 30 more people were admitted from the MARCH interview/AC list, only 30 students have a decision to make. This is not including the extra 15 that they already admit to anticipate students going elsewhere. So is it safe to assume that only 15 or so students will come off the waitlist, ASSUMING ALL 30 admitted students from MARCH/AC go elsewhere???

ok so here are my thoughts, someone please correct me if im wrong... So USC has about 128 people on the waitlist. If i'm not mistaken, USC admits approximately a little over 200 students for a class of 185 students. So I am guessing until 15 or so students decide to go elsewhere, then they will start going off the waitlist then. Next thing is, USC has been sending out acceptances since NOV, JAN, FEB. It's to my understanding that they give you about two-three weeks to decide if you will be submitting your deposit and attending USC? .. so theoretically since only 30 more people were admitted from the MARCH interview/AC list, only 30 students have a decision to make. This is not including the extra 15 that they already admit to anticipate students going elsewhere. So is it safe to assume that only 15 or so students will come off the waitlist, ASSUMING ALL 30 admitted students from MARCH/AC go elsewhere???

It wasn't clear in the letter that the 30 students admitted were from just the March interview or both the March interview and AC list. Also, students that got accepted earlier in the process and turned in their deposits could be waiting for spots at another school they rather go to, so I don't think it's safe to assume that there will only be 15 students that come off the waitlist.

Well, you should take into account that even though the people from the Nov, Jan, and Feb interviews have already made their decisions, some of these people may have put down multiple deposits and may be taking their sweet time to decide which school they'll choose. For example, someone may have gotten into both UCSD and USC, but still be unsure of which one so they ended up just paying both. Then, come summer they'll finally turn one down and free up a spot on a waitlist (either at SD or SC). So...... point being, don't worry too much about the precise numbers for now. At least I'm going to try not to! :)