USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some financial aid stuff is due on April 15th. I think it was the tax forms for ourselves/parents.. Are you AC people gonna turn them in?

Members don't see this ad.

Some financial aid stuff is due on April 15th. I think it was the tax forms for ourselves/parents.. Are you AC people gonna turn them in?

I turned all my stuff in the first time I faxed everything off, so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
:love:congratulations to c/o 2013 :love:

I graduated from USC so let me know if you have any questions.

here comes another monday...

:laugh: Don't remind me. I have an interview tomorrow for a job, so I'm letting that take my mind off of it. I decided I'm no longer checking my email except at the end of the day (unless I read AC people getting accepted).

I just wanted to share that I was taken off the AC list and officially accepted to USC! I received word from them on Saturday and I interviewed back in February. Good luck all of you!!!

BTW, I live in SoCal (close to USC) and I will be a part of USC pharmacy school's class of 2013!!!

I just wanted to share that I was taken off the AC list and officially accepted to USC! I received word from them on Saturday and I interviewed back in February. Good luck all of you!!!

Congrats, did they notify you by email first or just straight snail mail? If by mail, when was it postmarked? Thanks! :)

hi everyone, I called usc twice today and the lady said that they're still working on acceptances and etc. she said we should all know our status by the middle of this week to the end of this week. she also said that they're not done w/ all of their acceptances! I hope she's not lying.

hi everyone, I called usc twice today and the lady said that they're still working on acceptances and etc. she said we should all know our status by the middle of this week to the end of this week. she also said that they're not done w/ all of their acceptances! I hope she's not lying.

thanks for the info! j/w why did you call them twice? I've done this before, and the second time I usually call from a different number and mask my voice :D

That means we still have hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting it here!!!!! :)
By the way, I hope that lady was not lying too... :laugh:

:laugh: Don't remind me. I have an interview tomorrow for a job, so I'm letting that take my mind off of it. I decided I'm no longer checking my email except at the end of the day (unless I read AC people getting accepted).

well good luck on that interview! did you get any mail/email today? btw, where are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hmm. I'm really hoping that's true, but from reading this thread and a couple of others, it's hard to trust what they tell you. Someone else said they called USC last week, and they were told that no decisions were made and acceptances would be sent out this week. We now know this wasn't true because a lot of people received their acceptances last week, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

thanks for the info! j/w why did you call them twice? I've done this before, and the second time I usually call from a different number and mask my voice :D

:laugh: Wow, that's some serious stuff right there. Did you put a towel over the speaker of the phone to mask your voice? :p

well good luck on that interview! did you get any mail/email today? btw, where are you from?

Thanks! No email/mail today. I live in Mississippi, so I don't hear as soon as some of the locals. If they sent me an acceptance Friday, it would have been here today, so I know they haven't sent me anything yet. I hope we hear something by Friday (earlier would be tons better :D). I'm so tired of waiting. I really just want to know where I stand right now. Good luck to you and the others that have been posting like crazy this application cycle. We seriously need a party for AC people.

WOOHOO!!! Off the AC list and accepted into my #1 school! :love: Just got my letter in the mail today. I am in Florida btw. USC Class of 2013 here I come!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

WOOHOO!!! Off the AC list and accepted into my #1 school! :love: Just got my letter in the mail today. I am in Florida btw. USC Class of 2013 here I come!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No one cares. Go away! JK! :D Congrats!! I'm sure it much feel nice! What part of Florida are you from?

Hey Dysic, u have decided to go to USC? u are in the alternative list of UCSD right? If you get into UCSD, will u go to UCSD?

If i am offered admission to UCSD, I'm still 80-90% sure i will attend USC. (money always changes things though...which is why I'm not 100% sure. :p)

Hey I did the same thing and they told me the same thing! Hopefully its true!

It seems like many people are getting accepted off the AC list.. which means less seats have been offered to the march interviewees :/. Hopefully we get some good news this week!

That's probably better so that the accepted people don't have to put up with our b*tching. hahaha

what bitching?...thank goodness I didn't even get an interview at USC...I never wanted to go there anyways...I would have just wasted my time and gas...what is the class size anyways 180? that's a huge class...:p

what bitching?...thank goodness I didn't even get an interview at USC...I never wanted to go there anyways...I would have just wasted my time and gas...what is the class size anyways 180? that's a huge class...:p

Where you going?

Where you going?

i was being sarcastic in my previous post...i got accepted to some other place out of state...
by the way...i've never seen anyone with so many posts as you, who is not currently a pharmacy student....anyways good luck with USC and Western...it seems like you out of everyone in here has the greatest desire to get into those 2 schools.

for the tax forms due on the 15th does anyone know which DMS forms to submit with them? Thanks

i was being sarcastic in my previous post...i got accepted to some other place out of state...
by the way...i've never seen anyone with so many posts as you, who is not currently a pharmacy student....anyways good luck with USC and Western...it seems like you out of everyone in here has the greatest desire to get into those 2 schools.

lol, I'm a lounger. I didn't really post in the pharmacy forums until I started getting interviews and freaking out. I don't know if it was a good or bad thing coming here cause I think the constant obsessing is rubbing off on me.

Thanks. I really hope to get in, but we'll see. I'm sure there are a lot of other students more deserving of spots at USC and Western. Maybe I'll get lucky. :D Good luck at where you're going in the fall! :)

I'm faxing in my Financial Aid tax forms and W-2's even though I haven't heard anything yet... Is everyone receiving notification via regular mail? I wish they used email notifications like most other schools since I get home so late...

So I called today morning and I was told that the admission packets (acceptances) have already been mailed out and should of been received. If nothing has been received, its going to be a letter of asking you if you want to be on the waitlist.. or it will be a denial letter. So basically its either waitlist or denial now. Great...

So I called today morning and I was told that the admission packets (acceptances) have already been mailed out and should of been received. If nothing has been received, its going to be a letter of asking you if you want to be on the waitlist.. or it will be a denial letter. So basically its either waitlist or denial now. Great...

See. Told you not believe what they say because I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they're giving people the run around. I just don't understand why they can't be upfront with what's going on. Last week they told you no acceptances were being mailed out until this week, which was not true because a lot of people received acceptances last week. Someone called yesterday and was told that they're not done mailing out acceptances, and were still mailing them out this week, which doesn't add up with what you've been told over the phone. I don't know anymore. It's getting old and frustrating.

From reading last year's thread, it seems the waitlist is ranked, so that's a good thing (depending on your position I guess). Sigh.

Something's not adding up. So someone called yesterday (twice) and was told that they are still working on acceptances and that not all acceptances have gone out but when someone else called today, they said that all acceptances should have been received already? :confused:

See. Told you not believe what they say because I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they're giving people the run around. I just don't understand why they can't be upfront with what's going on. Last week they told you no acceptances were being mailed out until this week, which was not true because a lot of people received acceptances last week. Someone called yesterday and was told that they're not done mailing out acceptances, and were still mailing them out this week, which doesn't add up with what you've been told over the phone. I don't know anymore. It's getting old and frustrating.

From reading last year's thread, it seems the waitlist is ranked, so that's a good thing (depending on your position I guess). Sigh.

i think it's game over folks. the caller was probably told yesterday that not all acceptances are out yet so he/she doesn't get discouraged... my guess is that they are just looking to move a couple of people off there ac list now to fill their class and that's it.

I think they were beating around the bush yesterday. This time I kept harrassing her..lol.. and she like finally spit it out. She said all the waitlist and denial letters will be going out later this week (should receive them later this week) Anyways it seems like the run for USC has ended for me. Goodluck to everyone else!

Something's not adding up. So someone called yesterday (twice) and was told that they are still working on acceptances and that not all acceptances have gone out but when someone else called today, they said that all acceptances should have been received already? :confused:

i think it's game over folks. the caller was probably told yesterday that not all acceptances are out yet so he/she doesn't get discouraged... my guess is that they are just looking to move a couple of people off there ac list now to fill their class and that's it.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's the case. The whole lying to not discourage people (if that's the case) makes no sense to me. So, they rather get people's hopes up just to be disappointed again? I rather be told upfront that they've sent at all the acceptances they're going to send out and now it's just waitlist time then to sit there checking my mailbox and email all day hoping for something.

I dont get why they do this. It's really frustrating.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's the case. The whole lying to not discourage people (if that's the case) makes no sense to me. So, they rather get people's hopes up just to be disappointed again? I rather be told upfront that they've sent at all the acceptances they're going to send out and now it's just waitlist time then to sit there checking my mailbox and email all day hoping for something.

ok I just called them again and I got a hold of Jim Granderson. he said that it's not true that all the acceptances for the 3/21 interview have all been mailed out. so if you're also from the 3/21 interview and haven't heard anything yet, don't assume that it's a rejection.

lol I don't know what's going on, but we'll all know by the end of this week.

ok I just called them again and I got a hold of Jim Granderson. he said that it's not true that all the acceptances for the 3/21 interview have all been mailed out. so if you're also from the 3/21 interview and haven't heard anything yet, don't assume that it's a rejection.

:bang:

I think I'm going to have to give up posting in the pre-pharmacy forums for awhile. If I hear anything, I'll be sure to let you guys know. :)

...here we go again... :confused: ... :scared: ... :sleep:

Very frustrating. We're all adults, so I think we can handle some bad news.

I think it seems like things are a little disorganized (from seeing all this conflicting information).

When was the deposit due date? I would think after figuring who turned down USC, they would start accepting AC people.

I think it seems like things are a little disorganized (from seeing all this conflicting information).

When was the deposit due date? I would think after figuring who turned down USC, they would start accepting AC people.

That's what I'm hoping. I just hope we hear something before the month is over with. Even just an update of where we are would be nice.

Hopefully what Jim told you is true!

I have a feeling that if we haven't received anything as of yet, it will be a hold/denial letter. When I talked to Xin Gong, she said that the admission packets have already gone out to the students whom were accepted by USC. Hopefully she only meant that it went out to some students or the "strong" candidates first. Goodluck to everyone though!

It's beginning to be pointless to call admissions because everyone will give us conflicting answers, maybe to prevent us from being worried and feeling too bad.

This is what I think. All the acceptances have been sent out. Now USC is just waiting to see who will accept their offers before they finalize their waitlist. For people who are put on the AC list since November til now, we are waiting for either a post-interview rejection or a letter accepting to be on the waitlist before they start to rank us. That is the sad reality. There's limitation to being optomistic. :( Let's pray that there's some kind of luck on our side. :xf::luck::xf:

Need help dont know what to do

I got into usc and western so now i am confused which one i should pick
everyone says that usc is very hard and they drop out and then western is much better and a relax school

which one is better and i will know for sure i will pass everything and become a pharmacist

Please help right away

thanks

everyone says that usc is very hard and they drop out and then western is much better and a relax school

which one is better and i will know for sure i will pass everything and become a pharmacist

Please help right away

thanks

USC is a better school overall I think. Tuition is the only negative aspect for USC but comparing to Western its about the same or might be even cheaper.

Hey Onepharm.. congrats on getting in! If you dont mind me asking, which date did you interview on with USC? What time was your interview?

Please help right away

thanks

I completely agree. All the acceptances have been given out already. It's just a matter of whether you got a position on the waitlist or a straight up denial letter.

It's beginning to be pointless to call admissions because everyone will give us conflicting answers, maybe to prevent us from being worried and feeling too bad.

This is what I think. All the acceptances have been sent out. Now USC is just waiting to see who will accept their offers before they finalize their waitlist. For people who are put on the AC list since November til now, we are waiting for either a post-interview rejection or a letter accepting to be on the waitlist before they start to rank us. That is the sad reality. There's limitation to being optomistic. :( Let's pray that there's some kind of luck on our side. :xf::luck::xf:

So I went back to last year's USC thread in SDN to get an approximate timeline for acceptances, waitlist, etc...and what I found are:

1. Acceptances were not given out until 4/19-4/21 (so this year it's early...or maybe the interview dates are earlier).

2. There were a total of 130 students on the waitlist last year. People didn't get their waitlist number until mid-May (5/18). But since this year acceptances are sent out earlier, people might get their waitlist # early too.

3. USC accepted 200+ last year into the pharmd program (before pulling people off the waitlist).

So I went back to last year's USC thread in SDN to get an approximate timeline for acceptances, waitlist, etc...and what I found are:

1. Acceptances were not given out until 4/19-4/21 (so this year it's early...or maybe the interview dates are earlier).

2. There were a total of 130 students on the waitlist last year. People didn't get their waitlist number until mid-May (5/18). But since this year acceptances are sent out earlier, people might get their waitlist # early too.

3. USC accepted 200+ last year into the pharmd program (before pulling people off the waitlist).

Did it say how far into the waitlist they pulled from? I'm sending good vibes to us AC people. I really hope all of us that have been frequenting this thread get in. :xf: