USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is the interview process at USC? Is it tough?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I was expecting this for a long time now, but I was finally rejected from USC. I interviewed on 1/24, am from Socal, and don't really care about going to USC because I am going to UCSF! :)

Hi, can you please check your pm.

what is everyone's rank number on the wait list, may i ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
what is everyone's rank number on the wait list, may i ask?

We didn't get our numbers yet, we just returned the letters saying that we did or didn't want to be put on the waitlist. They'll probably come in the next few weeks or so.

Does Anyone know if western may be losing their accreditation due to financial problems.

Could this be true and if so what % is true

I only have 2 more days so i really need feedback from everyone if they know anything please help me

Thanks

Does Anyone know if western may be losing their accreditation due to financial problems.

Could this be true and if so what % is true

I only have 2 more days so i really need feedback from everyone if they know anything please help me

Thanks

I don't know if that's true. Gosh I sure as hell hope not. Where'd you hear that?

From someone on this network just wanted to see how true it is ......

That is nonsense. If any school is losing accreditation, this site would be an unreliable source!!!!!!!!! They cannot lose acrreditation, why dont you call them and ask or go and visit the school and find out from students!!! its very rare for a school to lose accreditation, that is just a silly rumor!!!!!!

Especially with no substantiating link. I google searched for fun and checked ACPE website to no avail. Now someone with inside info would see it before the ACPE reports anything after their next meeting in June, but at this point it's highly unlikely.

i just declined my acceptance to go to UCSD. there's another spot for all you waitlisters out there! good luck! :):thumbup:

We received an email today stating that the SOP has accepted 190 students to date.

Do you mind sharing your reasons!?

:D

It was mainly because of the environment. I have heard a lot of pros/cons about both schools and it really came down to where I thought I would be the happiest. I really tried to like LA, but after three weekends of visiting, I just realized that it just isn't the place for me. I'm a more laidback kind of person and the craziness of the city (i.e. traffic EVERYWHERE at every hour of the day, lots of crime) was a little much for me. I think being a girl made USC scarier because of all the crimes that occur near there. I know it's been getting way better and what not, but I just don't want to be afraid of going out at night and leaving my house. I won't have to worry about that in San Diego. Plus, one of the biggest reasons why I wanted to go to USC is because of the sports and school spirit. But to be honest, I don't even think I would be too into that anyway since it's more of an undergrad thing and I'd probably be too busy with school. USC is ranked higher and it's good for connections, but I'm not planning on staying in Socal after school anyway so I don't think it would make a big difference for me. Also, UCSD is a pretty well-recognized name--I feel like it'll be climbing the ranks in the next coming years. :) USC is great though, congrats to those in the class of 2013!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been trying not to think about USC for a bit (not doing so good), but I thought I'd bump this and see if anyone has heard anything since turning in your waitlist form? I haven't heard anything. I'll probably call next week just to get an update of what's going.

Hi all, I got a letter from USC yesterday. Letter dated May 1, also postmarked May 1. In there, it says I am waitlisted #98. LOL

Hi all, I got a letter from USC yesterday. Letter dated May 1, also postmarked May 1. In there, it says I am waitlisted #98. LOL

thanks for letting us know! does the letter say how many people are on the waitlist?

no it didn't say. but it says this is just an approximate ranking b/c it changes daily with incoming transcripts and withdrawals. good luck everyone!

Did anyone else get their waitlist position letter yet? I checked my mail, nothing today. I should have gotten something if they mailed out letters on May 1st.

i didn't get my number yet either and i don't live too far from usc.

So I spoke to someone on the inside familiar with the admissions process (last year's anyway) and apparently not everyone on the waitlist receives a letter with a number. Letters with waitlist numbers are only given out to those that are deemed "actually having a chance to be accepted off the waitlist".

I know how tough this waiting must be. It wasn't too long ago that I was in your spot. I hope this information helps.

So I spoke to someone on the inside familiar with the admissions process (last year's anyway) and apparently not everyone on the waitlist receives a letter with a number. Letters with waitlist numbers are only given out to those that are deemed "actually having a chance to be accepted off the waitlist".

I know how tough this waiting must be. It wasn't too long ago that I was in your spot. I hope this information helps.

That would be really effed up if that were true. Anyway, I just called admissions and they said that everyone receives a number on the waitlist. She said that they sent it out on Friday and that we should be receiving them today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
That would be really effed up if that were true. Anyway, I just called admissions and they said that everyone receives a number on the waitlist. She said that they sent it out on Friday and that we should be receiving them today or tomorrow.

It would be and it wouldn't make any sense to me either. That's the purpose of rejecting people vs putting them on the waitlist in the first place. Le sigh. :p

I didn't apply to USC this year but two of my old roomates who applied last year told me something similar. They were both put onto the waitlist but never received anything from USC again. To this day, they still don't know what number they were on the waitlist. Fortunately, they were both accepted at other schools. Good luck to those waiting to hear.

Anyway, I just called admissions and they said that everyone receives a number on the waitlist. She said that they sent it out on Friday and that we should be receiving them today or tomorrow.

Just like how they recently said that acceptances were still being given out when in actuality, only rejections and waitlist notices were? :scared:

Just got my letter... I am # 105... hahaha.... I guess I am giving up...
Good luck waitlisters...

Just curious, how many have gotten accepted off the waitlist in the recent previous years?

Just got my letter... I am # 105... hahaha.... I guess I am giving up...
Good luck waitlisters...

Good luck to you too! I have a certain number in mind, if I'm past that number, I think I'm just going to give up too.

I'm 18 on the waitlist. I don't know whether I should keep on hoping or just withdraw. MWU-CPG starts in June and I already have a spot there.

I'm 18 on the waitlist. I don't know whether I should keep on hoping or just withdraw. MWU-CPG starts in June and I already have a spot there.

Wow, you don't have that much time to wait huh? Did you already get all your paper work into the school? I'm the process of doing that now for the school I've been accepted to, but I still have some time before my paperwork has to be in.

So, if what you heard from that inside person was true, does that mean unrealistically I still have a chance even though my number is 105??? I am guessing I am the last person on the waitlist.. haha.... Anyway... :xf::xf::xf:

Just got the mail right now and I'm ranked number 16! :xf: I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but I'm just glad it's a two-digit number!

If the waitlist moves when people send in transcripts, does that mean I might move down the list? I finished my pre-reqs awhile ago so nothing's really going to change for me anymore.

Yeah...transcripts will definitely change the rankings. Those with core math/sciences left to complete will bump up quite a bit when the grades come in (if they do well, of course!).

Waitlist #26

If I remember correctly from Farmecyst's post a while back, the waitlist system for USC is arbitrary. A #40 pick could be accepted before a #20 pick as an example.

any info on last year's waitlist numbers would be great ! :D

Hope this helps, but I'm #34. I hope all the waitlist people on here move up!

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Well guys, I got my letter today. I'm past #100, I'm pretty much throwing in the towel. It was a long shot anyways, but I'm happy I'll be a student somewhere this fall. Good luck to everyone else! :)

I just got an e-mail from Xin Gong saying that I need to watch out for a 10x13 envelope in the mail. What does this mean? Did anyone else on the waitlist get this e-mail?

I just got an e-mail from Xin Gong saying that I need to watch out for a 10x13 envelope in the mail. What does this mean? Did anyone else on the waitlist get this e-mail?

congratulations, looks like you got the big envelope aka acceptance letter. So are you going to Midwestern or USC?

what # were you on the waitlist?

I was #18. I sent in my final transcript and I also wrote the adcoms a letter about my two recent research publications. I don't know if that did anything. I seriously won't believe anything until I physically have a letter in my hand.

congratulations, looks like you got the big envelope aka acceptance letter. So are you going to Midwestern or USC?

If it is an acceptance letter...heck yeah I'm going to USC it was my number one choice. I'm also from San Diego and I lllloooovvveee SoCal. LoL. So USC is geographically preferable for me.

AHHHH!!!! I just received the same email!!! I hope this means we're getting in, YESSS!

Man, I didn't receive anything and I'm #16. :( Pharmstudent09 and ladeeinr3d did you both send your transcripts in as well? I'm not sure if they already have my transcripts aside from the PharmCAS one. Maybe I should send it again? Well, I guess it's nice to know the list is actually moving at least.