USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just have a question about USC parking, they mentioned that we need to reserve a spot for parking near the parking structure at the pharmacy school during may 11, i was wondering do we purchase or reserve the spot online or do we have to go to the school to get it... i'm a little confused, and one more thing is does anybody know if the parking permit will allow us to park at certain areas in the main campus? Thank you

I'm not sure why they word it in that particular way, but on May 11, you will be purchasing your parking permit, but you will likely be picking it up on the health science campus later in the summer (or you can choose to have it shipped to you, but you'll be charged an additional fee).

I'm not too sure if you can use that permit you're getting for health science campus on the main campus. You should be able to find out info that when you buy your permit online or you might want to check out this website http://transnet.usc.edu/

On a side note, if you're deciding between which parking lot to choose (lot 71 or SSP) lot 71 is a shorter walk to class than SSP, so I'd personally go for that one.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but does anyone know of any good places to work out near USC HSC/San Gabriel Valley?

I'll be living in an apartment in Monterey Park close to the 10 FW. I have a membership to 24 Hour Fitness but I found out that the closest one to where I live is in Pasadena or Downtown LA (both distances ~20 minute drives!)

Does USC HSC have their own workout facility? Or does anyone know of any good places near my area? Thanks in advance!

i know there's a newly renovated gym at the main campus which is about 7 miles away. Last time i checked the membership price, it was around $70/semester.

Does anybody know how difficult it is to get a single in seaver hall? and is the gym in the main campus nice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my big yellow envelope today. Thanks :bow: sshock2, coffeelover, and nabee:bow: for freeing up a few spots. I'm gonna be a Trojan, woohooo!!!!!:clap: :banana: :biglove:

Congratulations! You must feel EXTREMELY relieved after receiving the big news! This also means that USC is starting to offer seats to people on the waiting list, so good luck to everyone!

Got my big yellow envelope today. Thanks :bow: sshock2, coffeelover, and nabee:bow: for freeing up a few spots. I'm gonna be a Trojan, woohooo!!!!!:clap: :banana: :biglove:

Hey, where's my thanks?!?!! :mad: :D

I was just going to check up on your progress too, what a coincidence. Congrats Farmercyst :banana: :thumbup: I've been crossin' my fingers for you and I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the Trojan Family :) you'll love it!

Hey, where's my thanks?!?!! :mad: :D

I was just going to check up on your progress too, what a coincidence. Congrats Farmercyst :banana: :thumbup: I've been crossin' my fingers for you and I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the Trojan Family :) you'll love it!

I just looked up the three who declined after the waitlist was setup.

Yes, thx to everyone who declined USC :confused::rolleyes:
I'm glad to know people had digits crossed for me.

I personally looked like a pretzel.

Congratulation Farmacsty,I wanted to know if you have a really high gpa and get C's and D's in your non pre-requist course during you last semester will USC take away you acceptance?

Hi Guys, I was just wondering. If we get accepted in July off the waiting list, will there be enough time to get all the immunization records and financial aid stuff in time? Also If my class ends at the end of july, that means transcripts won't be out until august 10, do you guys know if USC will extend longer time for transcripts to arrive? Any info would help....thanks much:)

Hi Guys, I was just wondering. If we get accepted in July off the waiting list, will there be enough time to get all the immunization records and financial aid stuff in time? Also If my class ends at the end of july, that means transcripts won't be out until august 10, do you guys know if USC will extend longer time for transcripts to arrive? Any info would help....thanks much:)

It so happens I have the FAQs from the acceptance letter nearby (like I keep reading it to make sure it's real or something;) )

"Q. I was admitted late can I get an extension for my health requirements?

A. No, but you may submit requirements past the deadline as long as they are received prior to your school start date" (same letter for multiple programs)

Transcripts are due by 8/17 so I'd suggest putting a rush on transcripts coming out 8/10

Financial aid document deadlines are the same regardless of if/when you get accepted. They should have been filled out based on stated deadlines. (http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/fa/deadlines.html)

It so happens I have the FAQs from the acceptance letter nearby (like I keep reading it to make sure it's real or something;) )

"Q. I was admitted late can I get an extension for my health requirements?

A. No, but you may submit requirements past the deadline as long as they are received prior to your school start date" (same letter for multiple programs)

Transcripts are due by 8/17 so I'd suggest putting a rush on transcripts coming out 8/10

Financial aid document deadlines are the same regardless of if/when you get accepted. They should have been filled out based on stated deadlines. (http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/fa/deadlines.html)

thank you so much Farmercyst, It's good to know the facts so I don't have to worry. Hey do you know if they offer acceptance before you finish all your classes? Like I have 3 more classes to take during the summer so is it possible to get accepted before sending in my transcripts? Or do they have to wait until they receive all your transcripts before sending out an acceptance letter? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Farmercyst, on the acceptance!!!

thank you so much Farmercyst, It's good to know the facts so I don't have to worry. Hey do you know if they offer acceptance before you finish all your classes? Like I have 3 more classes to take during the summer so is it possible to get accepted before sending in my transcripts? Or do they have to wait until they receive all your transcripts before sending out an acceptance letter? Thanks

Either they do or mine is a mistake. I'm still finishing up Stats and A/P II.
From the acceptance letter:

"Please note that your admission to the School is conditional upon the successful completion of all pre-pharmacy requirements prior to the beginning of the Fall semester on August 27,2007. You must maintain a 3.00 ("B") or better for your cumulative grade point average.

You have one or more pre-pharmacy courses yet to complete. As you complete missing course/s, please submit one copy of official transcripts after the close of each term to the Office of Admission and Student Affairs, USC School of Pharmacy. If you are not able to complete all of the requirements by August 20, 2007, you must conatact our Office of Admission and Student Affairs immediately for advisement. You also are required to submit a final transcrip showing conferral of your bachelor's or master's degree if applicable."

Congratulation Farmacsty,I wanted to know if you have a really high gpa and get C's and D's in your non pre-requist course during you last semester will USC take away you acceptance?

My cumulative is 3.59 my science is 3.50 (I wouldn't call it high, but it's pretty close to USC average.) My C's weren't in any prereqs. C's in World History I, Intro to Music Composition, and PChem I, C+ in PChemII. D was in Intro to visual arts x 2. All of these except PChem were in my first year of college 95-96. All but Stats, Biochem, Micro and Molecular were taken at CC. I'd have taken Micro at CC except that Oregon State required upper division Micro. I'd have taken Stats at CC, but it only fit in my schedule over the summer and I didn't want to push the deadlines.

Based on the acceptance letter as long as your "cumulative" gpa stays above 3.0 and you pass your prerequisites, they wouldn't rescind your acceptance.

Now if you're on the waitlist and you want to know if they'll still take you, that depends on whether or not they update the waitlist as transcripts are received. I believe though that the rank on waitlist now will only change as people accept enrollment or decline consideration, rather than on updating gpa's and degrees as transcripts come in.

Congrats! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall. Feel free to PM me if ya'll have any questions about 1st year.

My cumulative is 3.59 my science is 3.50 (I wouldn't call it high, but it's pretty close to USC average.) My C's weren't in any prereqs. C's in World History I, Intro to Music Composition, and PChem I, C+ in PChemII. D was in Intro to visual arts x 2. All of these except PChem were in my first year of college 95-96. All but Stats, Biochem, Micro and Molecular were taken at CC. I'd have taken Micro at CC except that Oregon State required upper division Micro. I'd have taken Stats at CC, but it only fit in my schedule over the summer and I didn't want to push the deadlines.

Based on the acceptance letter as long as your "cumulative" gpa stays above 3.0 and you pass your prerequisites, they wouldn't rescind your acceptance.

Now if you're on the waitlist and you want to know if they'll still take you, that depends on whether or not they update the waitlist as transcripts are received. I believe though that the rank on waitlist now will only change as people accept enrollment or decline consideration, rather than on updating gpa's and degrees as transcripts come in.

Did you retake all your C and D classes to improve your GPA? Or just get straight A's the rest of your classes. That's a pretty good GPA. I have some academic blemishes as well, so my GPA still isn't that high. Congrats again on the acceptance. You'll make a great addition to the trojan family.

Did you retake all your C and D classes to improve your GPA? Or just get straight A's the rest of your classes. That's a pretty good GPA. I have some academic blemishes as well, so my GPA still isn't that high. Congrats again on the acceptance. You'll make a great addition to the trojan family.

The only class I retook was intro to visual arts. I got a D the second time too. This is how I know I wasn't meant for the arts.:p

I hope this isn't too late, but Congrats Farmercyst!! I knew you'd get in somewhere eventually.....:D :D :D

I hope this isn't too late, but Congrats Farmercyst!! I knew you'd get in somewhere eventually.....:D :D :D

It's never too late. I'll take congrats anytime. I may have to figure out what it's for if it's been awhile:confused: . Thanks. I was starting to plan when I'd take the PCAT and such.

I missed this a few days ago....congratulations! I know you've had a long wait.

Enjoy the ride & welcome!

I missed this a few days ago....congratulations! I know you've had a long wait.

Enjoy the ride & welcome!

No prob, you beat ZPak. Besides, I really didn't feel it warranted it's own thread:rolleyes: and I wasn't going to post in multiple threads.;)

Thanks, it has been a long ride, but I'm just grateful I don't have to ride out another year. I know a lot of people do and I may not know exactly how they feel, but until a few days ago, I was pretty darn close.

Hi Farmercyst, what was your number or ranking on the waiting list? If you don't mind sharing?:)

Hi Farmercyst, what was your number or ranking on the waiting list? If you don't mind sharing?:)

Unfortunately I didn't get a number and then an acceptance (at least from the informational viewpoint) so I can't say if your numbers have already moved up or if they are where they are after the acceptances were issued.

(Hence the I got in by Trojan Rabbit)

Hi i just have a question about USC parking, they mentioned that we need to reserve a spot for parking near the parking structure at the pharmacy school during may 11, i was wondering do we purchase or reserve the spot online or do we have to go to the school to get it... i'm a little confused, and one more thing is does anybody know if the parking permit will allow us to park at certain areas in the main campus? Thank you

USC transportation website said parking has been on sale since 5/1. I logged on a couple days ago, but didn't see anything for 07/08, but went ahead and registered my vehicles and confirmed my email address so I'd be able to get parking tomorrow (I guess today now). It said Biggy street was sold out, so I bought a permit for the lot across from Children's hospital. I don't know if they plan on opening up spaces for sale on Biggy street tomorrow or if they are indeed sold out, but thought I'd let you guys know.

USC transportation website said parking has been on sale since 5/1. I logged on a couple days ago, but didn't see anything for 07/08, but went ahead and registered my vehicles and confirmed my email address so I'd be able to get parking tomorrow (I guess today now). It said Biggy street was sold out, so I bought a permit for the lot across from Children's hospital. I don't know if they plan on opening up spaces for sale on Biggy street tomorrow or if they are indeed sold out, but thought I'd let you guys know.

hmmm .. is the biggie lot more expensive b/c it's closer to class. does anybody how far of a walk it is from lot 71? thanks.

hmmm .. is the biggie lot more expensive b/c it's closer to class. does anybody how far of a walk it is from lot 71? thanks.

The Biggie structure is quite a bit more pricey than Lot 71, but the walk from 71 is only about 5-7 minutes, it's really not that bad. Since the first years have class at 8am, you'll most likely have the closer parking spaces as well.

Hey guys, it's already 5/16, and I checked the parking availability online and I don't even see the options of Biggie st or lot 71 or SSP available for purchase online (not even waitlisting). Is there any more chance to get parking permit later when school starts?

Hey guys, it's already 5/16, and I checked the parking availability online and I don't even see the options of Biggie st or lot 71 or SSP available for purchase online (not even waitlisting). Is there any more chance to get parking permit later when school starts?

you may want to make sure that you have indicated you're a student and want parking spaces at "HSC". I didn't realize that i had to change my profile to hsc until i noticed all the parking lots are at the main campus. Once i changed it... then i saw the lots for hsc .. hope that helps..

I have a question about the online housing application.

So I listed Seaver's 3 options as my top 3 choices (double, double large, single).. but the application doesn't allow me to leave the next two options blank, they are not options for me obviously if I don't get into Seaver i woulnd't want to live in the undergrad campus. Also I bought my parking permit at Lot 71 so I wouldn't have parking at the main campus.

I'm just wondering what did you guys do for the next two options? Did you just list random undergrad dorms? I'm worried about the outside possibility since I'm applying late that the seaver dorms will fill up and they'll dump me in an undergrad dorm.

Also I'm confused as to how we are paying for the parking permits? I ordered one and there was no payment page.. is it just being billed to our USC accounts?

Edit: does anyone know.. if you fill out the USC Housing application.. are you obligated to live in USC housing if you get a place in the dorms?

Also I'm confused as to how we are paying for the parking permits? I ordered one and there was no payment page.. is it just being billed to our USC accounts?

The parking fees will be billed to your USC account and you'll be able to see it sometime in August (most likely during your orientation week at settlement). If you might be dorming in Seaver, you might want to waitlist yourself for the Biggie parking structure, since that's much closer than lot 71.

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum, and I just thought say hi. Just got my big envelope two weeks ago, and so I'm getting pass that moment where I'm constantly waiting for that email/letter that states that there's been some mistake. Congratulations everybody. See you in the fall!!!

I was accepted into USC also, I am so happy to be joining such a great school! i think before summer is over all the student accepted should get together to get to no one another, after all we will be classmates in the fall!:)

getting placed on the waitlist is dreadful but try to be hopeful as much as u can. last year, many ppl on the first waitlist got in by the second or third interview. your chances of gettng is MUCH better than the person who interviews during the very last interview session, like me.

usc is my top choice and i am sooo grateful to get accepted the second time around. usc has the biggest pharmacy class of all the schools (around 200) in CA so keep u'r hopes up!

Hi Mustang,

Just to let you know, the St. Louis College of Pharmacy accepts the most applicants. Since it is a private college dedicated to nothing but pharmacy, they can literally accept every qualified applicant that applies providing that can afford to pay the private college tuition.

Mike

To current USC students,

SO if your on the waitinglist rank 39 out of 89 i think it was. Does that mean your pretty much rejected?

How many kids actually get in from the waiting list.. It's already almost June....

What else can you do to increase your chances?

I have a question about the online housing application.

So I listed Seaver's 3 options as my top 3 choices (double, double large, single).. but the application doesn't allow me to leave the next two options blank, they are not options for me obviously if I don't get into Seaver i woulnd't want to live in the undergrad campus. Also I bought my parking permit at Lot 71 so I wouldn't have parking at the main campus.

I'm just wondering what did you guys do for the next two options? Did you just list random undergrad dorms? I'm worried about the outside possibility since I'm applying late that the seaver dorms will fill up and they'll dump me in an undergrad dorm.

Edit: does anyone know.. if you fill out the USC Housing application.. are you obligated to live in USC housing if you get a place in the dorms?

FYI a 4th year Med student was advertising roommates wanted in the Housing forum.

Hang in there Hot Push. I just got my letter two weeks ago, and I've been on the waitlist since my interview in January.

Hang in there Hot Push. I just got my letter two weeks ago, and I've been on the waitlist since my interview in January.
Thanks but was your ranking in the middle. yours must have been higher.....

have anyone started their series of vaccinations? I made an appt to get my Hep b, tetanus, mmr and hpv shots earlier this month and my total came out to $500!!! thank god my work insurance took care of everything except for the $50 that im responsible for. and im barely done with all of my vaccinations! is this typically how much entering students pay or am i getting ripped off by my medical group?

have anyone started their series of vaccinations? I made an appt to get my Hep b, tetanus, mmr and hpv shots earlier this month and my total came out to $500!!! thank god my work insurance took care of everything except for the $50 that im responsible for. and im barely done with all of my vaccinations! is this typically how much entering students pay or am i getting ripped off by my medical group?

I got Tetanus/Diptheria as part of my physical, fortunately covered by insurance. Started Hep B which wasn't covered for school, but my doc wrote it as "medically necessary" so it was covered as well. I haven't taken the MMR since 1997 so I'll probably have to have it again if titers come up negative.

Thankfully everything is covered by my parent's insurance also.. because I called my school's clinic and they told me each antibody titer test would cost something like 40 bucks.

Well I got the results of my titers 2 weeks ago and they all came back positive except Mumps which was borderline, so I had to get my MMR vaccination re-done just three days ago.

And I still have to get my tetanus shot. We dont' have to get antibody titers for tetanus right?

Thankfully everything is covered by my parent's insurance also.. because I called my school's clinic and they told me each antibody titer test would cost something like 40 bucks.

Well I got the results of my titers 2 weeks ago and they all came back positive except Mumps which was borderline, so I had to get my MMR vaccination re-done just three days ago.

And I still have to get my tetanus shot. We dont' have to get antibody titers for tetanus right?

we don't have to get titers for tetanus but we have to show proof that we've had it within the last five years.

is anyone getting the meningococcal vaccine? it's not required but we have to sign a refusal form. is anyone getting it anyway, just to be safe in the future?

do you guys know for USC's Tap Program..if a student is in it, when they graduate will they only receive a pharmd? or will they get both a BS and pharmd? thanks!

If you go through the TAP program into USC SOP you graduate with a PharmD. You do have the option to receive your Bachelor's by choosing to cram an undergraduate major's degree requirements into either 3 years or 4 years (means you have to defer your admission for pharm school 1 year). If you do that then you receive you Bachelor's before you move on to pharmacy school.

How many people that are accepted into USC Pharmd 07 fall program will be attending the reception on june 19?

Hello All, new here. i'll be attending the reception on june 19th, and i'm dragging my husband along :love:

what courses would count as interpersonal communication for USC's prereq?

Status
Not open for further replies.