US Atlantic Bridge 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did the rejection for UCD letter come via email or post?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Came via email. I got another one today which seems odd

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man, yes we are with you, we are all trying very hard to wait- someone from atlantic bridge told me on the phone though that they send acceptance letters for first round during end of march and first week of April.
thanks! Do you know if they were talking about a school in particular or just most of the programs in general?
Came via email. I got another one today which seems odd

last year I received rejections from a few of the programs twice as well.

Did anyone else get the two emails from RCSI this morning involving completing the interview and all that? I had just gotten up and my heart rate skyrocketed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same no e-mails here from RCSI
Well.
I mean all it said was "we are processing your application and should come to a decision in a timely manner." Or something to that effect.
I remember saying "awesome, but what's 'a timely manner?'"

thanks! Do you know if they were talking about a school in particular or just most of the programs in general?
I think most likely they were talking about the schools in general- i don't remember if they mentioned a specific school..

Received an acceptance email from RCSI this morning!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
RCSI acceptance! Now for the big decision...

No acceptance here...I wonder when they'll send rejections.

I e-mailed AB and 5/6 year offers will be starting late this week/early next week!

Last edited:
I didn't ask specifically, but I assume e-mail if the GEM are receiving theirs by e-mail.

To those who are waiting anxiously, especially for the 5-year programs at TCD and NUIG, I received this email from ABP after emailing them to ask how the universities would get in touch with me (email first and then mail, etc.):

"
Your file remains open for consideration at NUIG and TCD. These schools have not yet released any decisions.

There are typically two to three rounds of decisions in each admissions season, with the last round being released as late as August.

You will receive a letter from each of the schools to which you applied once they reach a decision on your application. Until you receive those letters, your file is open for consideration."

Hope that puts some minds at ease

To those who are waiting anxiously, especially for the 5-year programs at TCD and NUIG, I received this email from ABP after emailing them to ask how the universities would get in touch with me (email first and then mail, etc.):

"
Your file remains open for consideration at NUIG and TCD. These schools have not yet released any decisions.

There are typically two to three rounds of decisions in each admissions season, with the last round being released as late as August.

You will receive a letter from each of the schools to which you applied once they reach a decision on your application. Until you receive those letters, your file is open for consideration."

Hope that puts some minds at ease

Did you also apply to RCSI 5 year?

Blerg we have to send a deposit and a decision to RCSI within 3 weeks of their offer...would be a shame if decisions for the other Irish schools don't show up by that deadline. But not the end of the world, I guess.

Larger concern for me is I'm still waiting to hear back from Dartmouth after interviewing in December and their notification timeline is such a crapshoot I'm worried I'll still be in the dark about them even if I put my deposit in with RCSI. bwaaaa whatevs

Did you also apply to RCSI 5 year?

Nope, just TCD and NUIG for their 5 year programs since I hadn't written the MCAT by the time of the application, nor did I have the time to study for it then

Nope, just TCD and NUIG for their 5 year programs since I hadn't written the MCAT by the time of the application, nor did I have the time to study for it then

I see. Do you know on average how many students NUIG accepts from AB? I've heard it was quite a small number, but just wanted to check.

I see. Do you know on average how many students NUIG accepts from AB? I've heard it was quite a small number, but just wanted to check.

Sorry, I have no idea how many students NUIG or even TCD accepts through ABP :S

I asked ABP about my application today.
I applied to UCC, UCD and TCD.
They told me UCC and TCD haven't released anything yet. Apparently UCD has released a first round of offers. I haven't heard anything, which gives me the impression that I've been waitlisted, otherwise I think I would have been refused.
They usually have several rounds of offers.

Last edited:
I asked ABP about my application today.
I applied to UCC, UCD and TCD.
They told me UCC and TCD haven't released anything yet. Apparently UCD has released a first round of offers. I haven't heard anything, which gives me the impression that I've been waitlisted, otherwise I think I would have been refused.
They usually have several rounds of offers.

I e-mailed AB yesterday and they told me that
"RCSI has issued their first round of offers for 2016 entry. It is unclear at this point if there will be another session of interviews or a second round of offers.
UCD sent their first round of decisions for US Graduate Entry Medical (GEM) candidates; they have yet to issue decision for Canadian GEM candidates. We anticipate the first round will be sent within the next couple of weeks.
University of Limerick will be sending invitations for interview next week for their interview session in Toronto in mid-April."

I wonder if the prefer US over Canadian students because they appear to have more connections for clerkships with US hospitals / I've heard from Canadian Irish grads that many Canadian docs/residents can be quite biased towards trainees on clerkship

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if the prefer US over Canadian students because they appear to have more connections for clerkships with US hospitals / I've heard from Canadian Irish grads that many Canadian docs/residents can be quite biased towards trainees on clerkship
Yeah I was wondering this as well. Maybe at this point its harder for Canadians to match back home and affects their match statistics adversely.

Just got a 5 year offer from UCC!

Reactions: 2 users
Could be, but Canadians seem to have good residency matching stats coming out of their program, some even end up in US hospitals.

Could be, but Canadians seem to have good residency matching stats coming out of their program, some even end up in US hospitals.
Hey guys, I'm a final year student at RCSI and I would be happy to answer any questions regarding the U.S. and Canada match process or anything related to medical school in Ireland in general. Feel free to send me a message.

Reactions: 3 users
I e-mailed AB yesterday and they told me that
"RCSI has issued their first round of offers for 2016 entry. It is unclear at this point if there will be another session of interviews or a second round of offers.
UCD sent their first round of decisions for US Graduate Entry Medical (GEM) candidates; they have yet to issue decision for Canadian GEM candidates. We anticipate the first round will be sent within the next couple of weeks.
University of Limerick will be sending invitations for interview next week for their interview session in Toronto in mid-April."

So I'm guessing anyone who hasn't received an e-mail regarding RCSI is on the wait list?

Hey guys, I'm a final year student at RCSI and I would be happy to answer any questions regarding the U.S. and Canada match process or anything related to medical school in Ireland in general. Feel free to send me a message.
Hey, thanks for joining! I have heard some people complaining about the facilities at RCSI compared to other Irish schools, what has your experience been? And did you get a sense for why RCSI is significantly more expensive than other Irish schools? During my interview they really failed to sell their school to me and justify their prices, was a bit turned off by that. Even Hopkins tried to sell their school to me at the interview and RCSI's 20 min video was a bit superficial for me: "Studying in Ireland is the best!" and that came off as a bit arrogant. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
New here! I'm a Canadian non-grad applicant. I've actually heard nothing yet. Zero emails from any of my 5 applications. If RCSI has given out both interviews and offers while I'm lacking either, that seems like a done deal. Anyone else in the same boat?

Do you guys know if any of the 5-years programs at TCD or NIUG require high school transcript for those with a Bachelor degree?

Do you guys know if any of the 5-years programs at TCD or NIUG require high school transcript for those with a Bachelor degree?
I believe on the ABP application, it said that if you have completed an undergrad degree when applying, you need not include the high school transcript.

I believe on the ABP application, it said that if you have completed an undergrad degree when applying, you need not include the high school transcript.
This is what I thought as well, but apparently RCSI-MUB requested my high school transcript.

Waitlisted this morning for RCSI's GEP, oh well.
I didn't apply to RCSI myself because no MCAT but looking at your stats, I'm amazed that you got waitlisted. I would've expected an offer from RCSI for sure for you

I didn't apply to RCSI myself because no MCAT but looking at your stats, I'm amazed that you got waitlisted. I would've expected an offer from RCSI for sure for you
Maybe my disappointment with them showed during the interview XD (I hope not though).