US Atlantic Bridge 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Nah I am dead serious my man! I have a skype interview with Dr. Felle of UCD on Monday!
ImageUploadedBySDN1454019394.334802.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are nice stats. Surprised you aren't aiming for a US school. You'd get in somewhere for sure.
I am. I've had 4 interviews but haven't been accepted yet. I'm considering Atlantic Bridge but I think I'll wait until next year to expand to DO and international if I need to. I just want to maximize my chance of residency placement and it seems US MD is the best way to do that.

I was unaware that UCD conducts interviews. I thought only RCSI and Limerick held interviews?
This was how it worked last year, evidently its different this year!
I am. I've had 4 interviews but haven't been accepted yet. I'm considering Atlantic Bridge but I think I'll wait until next year to expand to DO and international if I need to. I just want to maximize my chance of residency placement and it seems US MD is the best way to do that.
Yeah I mean your stats are really good if I were you I wouldn't go international just yet. Keep in mind DO is preferable to abroad for residency purposes. Your scores seem competitive for MD and like a sure thing for D.O., even if you applied to places that are late in the cycle but still accepting applicants (off the top of my head Touro N.Y.).

Does anyone know if it's possible to send in more money and apply to more schools if you already sent in your application?

I got an interview with RCSI on Monday as well... Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this situation.

I got an interview with RCSI on Monday as well... Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this situation.
... is this GEM? and is your interview via skype or in person? And are you Canadian or American?

My country of citizenship is: Canadian
My undergraduate degrees: Life Science
GPA: 3.91
My MCAT Scores were: 512 (87%)
EC's: anatomy textbook publications, 3 years of wet lab research, observerships/physician shadowing, clubs. etc.
I applied to: UCD, RCSI
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: UCD

I have applied to medical schools this many times: 1

How are my chances looking?

I got an interview invite yesterday (Friday) for RCSI.

I am a U.S. Citizen, sent app in Jan. 11, completed ( all docs in) on Jan. 27. Interview in NYC.

I'm really happy about this opportunity :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My country of citizenship is: Canadian
My undergraduate degrees: Life Science
GPA: 3.91
My MCAT Scores were: 512 (87%)
EC's: anatomy textbook publications, 3 years of wet lab research, observerships/physician shadowing, clubs. etc.
I applied to: UCD, RCSI
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: UCD

I have applied to medical schools this many times: 1

How are my chances looking?

I really hope you also applied to Canadian medical schools and US medical schools.... You are very likely to get in to UCD and RCSI judging from those stats. Are your a 4th year applicant?

I got an interview invite yesterday (Friday) for RCSI.

I am a U.S. Citizen, sent app in Jan. 11, completed ( all docs in) on Jan. 27. Interview in NYC.

I'm really happy about this opportunity :)
Hey congratzz ! are you applying fo graduate entry program (4 yrz) ? GOOD LUCK !

Good Luck everyone. Any 6 year program applicants received interview invites or offers?

Congrats to everyone who had interviews yesterday, I hope they went well! Have any Canadians heard anything about interviews?

Congrats to everyone who had interviews yesterday, I hope they went well! Have any Canadians heard anything about interviews?
+1 I am also Canadian no word yet ... I think its toooo early to start worrying

I forgot to post about my interview. It was super simple and straightforward. Nothing to fret over.

Reactions: 1 users
-

Last edited:
Not at all!
US Student, 30 MCAT, 3.9 sGPA, 3.78 GPA
Great stats, do you mind sharing which schools you applied for? 4 yrs graduate entry only or you included 5 yrs as well?

Great stats, do you mind sharing which schools you applied for? 4 yrs graduate entry only or you included 5 yrs as well?
Given that this round is my third time applying to medical school, I figured it best to cover my bases and apply to all of the schools haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Canadian here. Interview with RCSI in March, held in Toronto... For those Canadians who were wondering if anyone had heard!

Canadian here. Interview with RCSI in March, held in Toronto... For those Canadians who were wondering if anyone had heard!
Congrats! And good luck! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Hey everyone,

I'm a Canadian applicant and am eagerly awaiting a response from RCSI. Has anyone else heard from them yet?

Also I think Canadians are used to all hearing the same day because Canadian schools release results all in one day basically. RCSI will be similar to the USA, people will hear over the next few weeks. If you haven't heard anything yet don't panic. I would say you can start to panic for RCSI/Limerick if you hear nothing about interviews by mid to end of April.
Thanks! That eases my anxiety a bit. I won't freak yet!

My question is, how is the MCAT viewed if you do subpar on one section (based on that new report they print where they rate you compared to other test takers) if your overall score is average. Say you got in the 45% percentile for one section but aced other sections and have an otherwise decent GPA?

Based on old MCAT scores, would someone with a 28Q and 3.80 GPA have a chance (+ grad school + pubs + other ECs)?
I think based on those stats you have a good chance. My stats are basically the same. I have a few friends who got in to RCSI with a 28 MCAT and a mediocre GPA, so I think with a strong GPA, grad school and strong ECs, it's a competitive application. Main thing about Irish schools is they are much more holistic in how they view applicants.

Hey congratzz ! are you applying fo graduate entry program (4 yrz) ? GOOD LUCK !
Thaaaanks!!

yeah, I am going for the 4 year program, I have a masters and an MCAT score :D

I had a Skype interview a week and change ago with UCD, and I have an RCSI-Ireland interview in New York on the 26th. No word from anywhere else yet or any response from UCD quite yet.
If that's helpful at all.

is your Interview the first week of March or later if you don,t mind me asking? I'm just trying to figure out if there are multiple interview dates/waves for Canadian students.

is your Interview the first week of March or later if you don,t mind me asking? I'm just trying to figure out if there are multiple interview dates/waves for Canadian students.
First week.

whitecupcake do you mind sharing your stats?? Just want to know if I can compare at least number-wise to those getting interviews
cheers!
Sure!
31 MCAT
3.2 undergrad
3.3 masters (Georgetown SMP)

500+ hrs community service in clinical setting
1000+ hrs of research ( I worked in a lab for 2 years)
Currently work as medical assistant
Strong rec. letters...
Did I miss something?

Has anyone heard back from UCD or UCC about acceptances or rejections yet?

Has anyone heard back from UCD or UCC about acceptances or rejections yet?
I haven't heard back from UCD yet, although my interviewer said "you'll hear from us in a couple weeks."
I'm trying not to put too much thought into it and roll with whatever happens.

I'm Canadian interviewing on March 1st for RCSI's GEP.