US Atlantic Bridge 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where are you getting your numbers? Tuition at RCSI is around $53k/yr (+living expenses of course, but this is true anywhere)
That is last year's number, and it is in euro.
you can easily convert it by typing "53,000 euro to usd" in google.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trinity sent out dental acceptances today, fingers crossed they send out med soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone had their RCSI-Bahrain interview? How was it?

Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread throughout the app cycle but finally decided to post! I accepted an offer for the GEM Program at RCSI last month after being interviewed in NY :)

Has anyone heard back from RCSI about registration? There hasn't been any contact since my acceptance confirmation after my deposit was in and I'm getting a bit anxious.

Thanks in advance, future doctors!

Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread throughout the app cycle but finally decided to post! I accepted an offer for the GEM Program at RCSI last month after being interviewed in NY :)

Has anyone heard back from RCSI about registration? There hasn't been any contact since my acceptance confirmation after my deposit was in and I'm getting a bit anxious.

Thanks in advance, future doctors!

I haven't heard anything about registration yet either, but a few weeks ago I noticed an email in my junk mail from International Student Recruitment with a subject "Welcome information for new RCSI students" and it had an invite to a website called RCS-eye. On the website you can sign up to receive emails on updated information about registration and orientation, as well as other information to help you prepare for life in Dublin. If you haven't noticed this email yet check your junk mail! I know two other people going to RCSI in the fall and they also received the email in their junk mail.

I haven't heard anything about registration yet either, but a few weeks ago I noticed an email in my junk mail from International Student Recruitment with a subject "Welcome information for new RCSI students" and it had an invite to a website called RCS-eye. On the website you can sign up to receive emails on updated information about registration and orientation, as well as other information to help you prepare for life in Dublin. If you haven't noticed this email yet check your junk mail! I know two other people going to RCSI in the fall and they also received the email in their junk mail.

Same here, but I found the sent message by going back to the portal where we uploaded all our deposit confirmation details and then found it in my spam folder. But yep, got the same link to the rcs-eye site and there's a bunch of info over there.
Also, it looks like they're giving us a laptop; I was planning on buying a new laptop in the next few months but it sounds like we might be required to use the RCSI one while on campus/in class, etc. Anyone on here know if that's true? The responses I've received from the admissions office have not been conclusive.

Same here, but I found the sent message by going back to the portal where we uploaded all our deposit confirmation details and then found it in my spam folder. But yep, got the same link to the rcs-eye site and there's a bunch of info over there.
Also, it looks like they're giving us a laptop; I was planning on buying a new laptop in the next few months but it sounds like we might be required to use the RCSI one while on campus/in class, etc. Anyone on here know if that's true? The responses I've received from the admissions office have not been conclusive.
I visited the college in March and they did mention to me that we would be getting a school laptop, but they did not know what kind of laptop yet.

I visited the college in March and they did mention to me that we would be getting a school laptop, but they did not know what kind of laptop yet.
Yeah that's essentially what it says on the info website but I've been trying to figure out if I can just use the one I already have. Hrmmm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Does ABP silently reject applicants?
Idk, but I sent them an email the other day asking about my status and explaining I was going to move (I provided a new address). They just confirmed the address and said nothing about my status

ABP still saying no anticipated time they're aware of for TCD first round. Think it'll be either end of this week or next week (which I assume is just a guess).

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they stop communication with anyone who is rejected, unless you specifically ask them about your status and then they will email or mail you the rejection letter. That's what happened to me last year. [/Q

I think they stop communication with anyone who is rejected, unless you specifically ask them about your status and then they will email or mail you the rejection letter. That's what happened to me last year.

I can't believe it's taking them so long. Maybe they are just waiting for people to put deposits for others schools, I always suspected some form of communication between schools.

What I don't get is that they didn't answer me my status even when I asked. Should I try again?

What I don't get is that they didn't give me my status even when I asked. Should I try again?

The last two times I emailed them, I was told I was eligible for second round offers/interviews from the GEM programs. Those offers should be released late April.

Don't know at this point what to expect. Only heard from RCSI-Bahrain and they rejected me.

The last two times I emailed them, I was told I was eligible for second round offers/interviews from the GEM programs. Those offers should be released late April.

Don't know at this point what to expect. Only heard from RCSI-Bahrain and they rejected me.

You are eligible for second round offers and interviews from GEM programs if they need additional students for their seats. You have to wait mid July to receive an offer, if a seat opens up.

Not sure if you decline an offer from one school in the ABP, it'll automatically take you off the list for other AB schools...

Not sure if you decline an offer from one school in the ABP, it'll automatically take you off the list for other AB schools...
Ive heard this before and it would seem to explain why after I payed my deposit for RCSI I never heard anything else from any of the other schools

Ive heard this before and it would seem to explain why after I payed my deposit for RCSI I never heard anything else from any of the other schools
AB says that sending in deposit for one school does NOT take you off the list for other schools.
I don't know whether declining acceptance would disqualify you for other schools, however.

AB says that sending in deposit for one school does NOT take you off the list for other schools.
I don't know whether declining acceptance would disqualify you for other schools, however.
Maybe it doesn't take you off the list but I'm sure the other schools can see that you have accepted another offer and therefore not extend their offer

Maybe it doesn't take you off the list but I'm sure the other schools can see that you have accepted another offer and therefore not extend their offer
you can email and ask them about that.

I have contacted ABP and asked a few questions.

They informed me, accepting an offer for one school and putting down a deposit, does not mean you forfeit offers from other schools. All admissions committees act independently and will not know if you have taken an offer at another school.

I asked about RCSI and what is the likelihood of hearing back from them, they said they have reached their number and most likely will not offer anymore acceptances, unless a student decides to withdraw.

TCD may send out offers for 5-year program starting May 2nd. They are not 100% sure but that is what they expect.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an email from ABP about TCD offers and they said that first round offers have been sent out. Also, anyone who did not receive a first round offer to Trinity or NUIG are eligible for second round. So basically if you didn't get an offer you are on the waitlist and who knows how long of a list that is...

What? So out of everyone on this forum no one received a TCD offer? That seems fishy to me

I find it weird that every other year there were several individuals on this forum who received acceptances but this year there were 0..

I guess I am pretty discouraged. My current GPA is 3.72 which I thought was good for irish schools and I have awesome ECS: full time quadriplegic care attendant, 2 research positions, pharmacy assistant, varsity athlete, coaching, teaching assistant, 9 years of active tutoring etc
I thought I was basically guaranteed to get into one of the schools

I just emailed AB about my application status, and once again there was no change at all. Starting to get frustrated considering RCSI has apparently finished with acceptances and UCC and UCD have finished with second rounds.

????????????????

What I was told literally about 3-5 days ago verbally that UCD and UCC have NOT YET SENT SECOND ROUND OFFERS. I was under the impression that first rounds were due in mid to late April. we were supposed to send our deposits in by then. So second rounds would only be coming out around now since the schools have to first determine who sent deposits etc.

UCD is my first choice in Ireland, and I was under the impression that second rounds were not going out until "Early May" as I was told on the phone.

ABP is sounding fishy to me to be honest. Every time I call I get a different message.

I find it weird that every other year there were several individuals on this forum who received acceptances but this year there were 0..

I guess I am pretty discouraged. My current GPA is 3.72 which I thought was good for irish schools and I have awesome ECS: full time quadriplegic care attendant, 2 research positions, pharmacy assistant, varsity athlete, coaching, teaching assistant, 9 years of active tutoring etc
I thought I was basically guaranteed to get into one of the schools

I work in Canada for admissions for one school where having a grade below 3.8 is basically a shot in the dark, and even with that most people who apply have GPAs of 3.85+. From what I hear amongst students in UG with whom I work, due to the severe uncertainty of Cdn medical school admissions most will apply to a back-up program in the US + many also to one in Europe - Ireland being top choice since they take the MCAT, unlike Britain which has their own exam one would have to prep for. Ireland is considered a better "last resort" than the Carib to many students. So that's why Irish admissions are so high

Just talked to ABP. TCD released first round offers yesterday. I guess it's a waiting game now :(

I work in Canada for admissions for one school where having a grade below 3.8 is basically a shot in the dark, and even with that most people who apply have GPAs of 3.85+. From what I hear amongst students in UG with whom I work, due to the severe uncertainty of Cdn medical school admissions most will apply to a back-up program in the US + many also to one in Europe - Ireland being top choice since they take the MCAT, unlike Britain which has their own exam one would have to prep for. Ireland is considered a better "last resort" than the Carib to many students. So that's why Irish admissions are so high

But for most school in Canada they only look at your two best years or two last years. For me that would be a 3.95 so I am just going to apply to Canada instead. I have just always dreamed of going to Ireland. Thanks for the info!

You should be getting offers from TCD this week and the next. I received mine yesterday. The ABP sent an email informing me about the offer.

I am from Canada, and the province I am from expects really high average too. Last year the average GPA that were expected was around 3.8-3.9. It is really hard, and you don't know how much you need to apply till you get in canada

I think they stop communication with anyone who is rejected, unless you specifically ask them about your status and then they will email or mail you the rejection letter. That's what happened to me last year.

I received rejection letters from ABP in late August and early September last year. Although they post the rejection letters using slow mail, so that is why they arrive later.

Just talked to ABP. TCD released first round offers yesterday. I guess it's a waiting game now :(

At this point, I'm going to start looking for another plan because we might not hear back for a little while. Maybe up to June for NUIG to give second responses.

I already started a thread about this but might as well post here: Anyone aware of NUIG affiliation with North American schools? I am wondering how I would go setting up visiting electives if a lot of schools only allow visiting electives from students of an affiliated school.

You should be getting offers from TCD this week and the next. I received mine yesterday. The ABP sent an email informing me about the offer.
Did they not send them all out yesterday?

Don't forget that Irish med classes are not as large (esp the 4 year programs) so only 15-20 international students might even get in, and I'm guessing the number of applicants from North America is in the hundreds.

I just emailed AB about my application status, and once again there was no change at all. Starting to get frustrated considering RCSI has apparently finished with acceptances and UCC and UCD have finished with second rounds.
This doesn't make sense. I literally just received an email a few hours ago saying that 2nd round GEM offers would be sent out sometime in early to mid May, with the exception of UL who's 2nd round interview offers would go out in late May.

Also, does UCD do interviews? I remember one poster saying that they had a Skype interview, but haven't read that anywhere else. ABP said that UCD does not interview when I asked over the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
UCD DOES NOT DO INTERVIEWS. There was 1 person on this thread who said they got interviewed. I asked about 25 times since starting this process, called about a dozen times, emailed about a dozen times. Only RCSI and NUIG do interviews is what I was told several times. If they are misinforming people for some reason, I have about a dozen emails from several different people at ABP confirming in writing that UCD does not do interviews.

I heard the same thing about 2nd round offers going out in May.

Reactions: 1 user
UCD DOES NOT DO INTERVIEWS. There was 1 person on this thread who said they got interviewed. I asked about 25 times since starting this process, called about a dozen times, emailed about a dozen times. Only RCSI and NUIG do interviews is what I was told several times. If they are misinforming people for some reason, I have about a dozen emails from several different people at ABP confirming in writing that UCD does not do interviews.

I heard the same thing about 2nd round offers going out in May.
wow, thanks for clearing that up! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I received this email from ABP about 45 minutes ago:

"UCC and UCD have issued two rounds of offers; it has yet to be determined if
or when an additional round of offers may be released.

Trinity recently released their first round of offers this week; it is too
soon to determine if there will be a second round of offers.

Please keep in mind that you can receive a response anytime between now
until the end of August. We will be sure to contact you with any changes in
your application status."