UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas)-SMP 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if A&M’s program is forgiving of low GPAs?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if A&M’s program is forgiving of low GPAs?
Most if not all of these SMP programs should be forgiving of lower sub 3.0 GPAs b/c this program is suppose to be a reinvention tool to make you appear more competitive for the DO/MD programs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Careful with A&M .. I think theirs is veterinary Medicine .. I’m not sure if that correlates to med school or vet school curriculum.

I may be wrong ..

Careful with A&M .. I think theirs is veterinary Medicine .. I’m not sure if that correlates to med school or vet school curriculum.

I may be wrong ..

Their program is pretty generalized, but a lot of vet school hopefuls do the program.

However, there is a required course everyone must take the first semester. After that you choose which classes you want for your electives.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a link for a decision letter by your checklist @ChiralWalrus
Hope you got in!!
Hey on my UH application it says my applications status is received and in the top right corner of the box it says submitted. I submitted Jan 1st. I don't see a decision letter link :(

Hey on my UH application it says my applications status is received and in the top right corner of the box it says submitted. I submitted Jan 1st. I don't see a decision letter link :(

They might have just not gotten back with you yet buddy! Keep your head up, you’ll get in somewhere

Cannot believe we are still waiting to hear back from them. Unreal.

Nope lol. Not that I was notified haha
I feel like they’re waiting for the last batch of their acceptances to reject/accept their admission before reaching out to us waitlist people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they’re waiting for the last batch of their acceptances to reject/accept their admission before reaching out to us waitlist people.
Do you know when the last round of acceptances have to respond by?

Rejected today
If you don’t mind me asking, for those rejected today or accepted today did y’all get an email that said so or just checked the My HSC and saw the status change from application to denied or accepted?

I was rejected today via email.

• Sad
I'm praying I'll hear something back this week - hopefully today :shrug:

I'm praying I'll hear something back this week - hopefully today :shrug:
I have waited so long to hear back , I don't really care anymore. I had to pay my $500 non-refundable deposit to the program I was accepted into in Washington. So , oh well. Maybe you all will get lucky

I have waited so long to hear back , I don't really care anymore. I had to pay my $500 non-refundable deposit to the program I was accepted into in Washington. So , oh well. Maybe you all will get lucky

Lmao ! Damn that’s 500 too much. Lol TTu was $50? I think...

• Sad
Lmao ! Damn that’s 500 too much. Lol TTu was $50? I think...
Luke Sky,
I know the $500 deposit was a lot but it's okay since I'm working before the fall semester starts. It's all a pretty expensive process. I tried my best to hold out on paying it for as long as I could, lol the program committee called me to see if I had changed my mind about it b/c it was after the due date, So I paid it on Friday. Now I just have to save another 500-1000 dollars for my apps this cycle.
o_O

Got rejected from UNT. Sucks but gives me a summer to improve my MCAT. Good luck guys.

Got rejected from UNT. Sucks but gives me a summer to improve my MCAT. Good luck guys.
I'm so sorry - I've been rooting for ya'll...but I'm starting to think I might get rejected too...did you get an email or just checked the portal today?

Just checked my portal, I've been placed on the waitlist.
When did you submit your app and when was it complete? I turned in my app in Jan and it was complete in Feb and I don't have any updates yet...

Last edited:
When did you submit your app and when was it complete? I turned my in in Jan and it was complete in Feb and don't have updates yet...
My application was also completed in early Feb. I didn't receive an email but my status on my portal updated.

I guess I'll be one of the last to hear back...I'm scared to email them lol. Anyone else still waiting?

lol i'm still waiiting

I'm not sure where to ask this question but, if I was applying to this program next year, would turning in my application Feb 20th-25th be too late? I know this program does a rolling admission but, would I basically be digging myself into a hole if I turned it in that late. Thanks and good luck to everyone that has already applied!

I'm not sure where to ask this question but, if I was applying to this program next year, would turning in my application Feb 20th-25th be too late? I know this program does a rolling admission but, would I basically be digging myself into a hole if I turned it in that late. Thanks and good luck to everyone that has already applied!

Being that their deadline is Mar 1, yes I'd say that's a bit late .... Shoot for Nov-Jan

Depends a lot on your stats. There are people who applied late but got in quick.

Has anyone that has still not heard back called recently?

I emailed them yesterday - still haven't received a response.
Meanwhile, I'm here touching up my application to submit for AACOMAS and implementing new ideas into my personal statement.
:writer:

Being that their deadline is Mar 1, yes I'd say that's a bit late .... Shoot for Nov-Jan
Ah yeah. My reasoning for applying this late is because I won't be getting my MCAT scores until Feb 20 because I'll be taking it in Jan. Do you have any other suggestions on what I could do?

Ah yeah. My reasoning for applying this late is because I won't be getting my MCAT scores until Feb 20 because I'll be taking it in Jan. Do you have any other suggestions on what I could do?
Will this be your 1st attempt ?

Yes first attempt!
I guess you don't have much of a choice other than to submit in Feb. Much like @cowboysfan90 mentioned, "Your stats may play a role in how soon, or late you hear back." I think they really like those 3.0+GPA, and closer to 500 MCAT b/c those are the avg stats of the Matriculants into Physician programs

Last edited:
Lol yeah apply when you get your scores cuz I’m kicking my self in the butt now cause I applied Dec. but retook my test end of March and got an 504. However by that time I was already denied . :/

• Love
Well it's official,

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. We have completed the evaluation of your application for admission into the Medical Sciences program. As you know, admission to graduate school is a highly competitive process and we are unable to admit every applicant due to a limited number of seats available. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission at this time.

Submitted 2/19
Rejected 5/9