UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas)-SMP 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cranberrylimeade

i’m going to be a doctor????
Reaction score
I kept trying to find this thread and was surprised there wasn’t one now that the priority deadline was here so… hey y’all!

I just applied for the summer in-person cohort. Anyone else applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I kept trying to find this thread and was surprised there wasn’t one now that the priority deadline was here so… hey y’all!

I just applied for the summer in-person cohort. Anyone else applying?
Hey! For some reason, I am unable to find any threads either! I just submitted it for the priority deadline... hoping it gets verified soon so the application can change to "under review." Do you happen to know when we will hear anything back?

Hey! For some reason, I am unable to find any threads either! I just submitted it for the priority deadline... hoping it gets verified soon so the application can change to "under review." Do you happen to know when we will hear anything back?
they said decisions by March 15

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted, but I heard not-so-great things about this program from other SDN threads, mainly about how it was unorganized. In other terms, is Fort-Worth a great place to move too? I know it is kinda far from Dallas but is the city life nice?

I got accepted, but I heard not-so-great things about this program from other SDN threads, mainly about how it was unorganized. In other terms, is Fort-Worth a great place to move too? I know it is kinda far from Dallas but is the city life nice?
Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? As far as Fort worth, I think the Health Science center area is relatively good. Some areas in Fort Worth can be a little sketch, but walking with groups and not being alone at night should be okay. Compared to Houston, I think FW/DTX in general doesn't have food as good as Houston but their city life isn't too bad!

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? As far as Fort worth, I think the Health Science center area is relatively good. Some areas in Fort Worth can be a little sketch, but walking with groups and not being alone at night should be okay. Compared to Houston, I think FW/DTX in general doesn't have food as good as Houston but their city life isn't too bad!
Thanks! I applied in the first week of January and got an email in the beginning of February that an account for me was made on the site. That is good to hear, I might visit to see the area too.

I believe they got accepted to the program. I got a notification that my application is under review on 2/10. So nervous 😭
ohhh i mixed y’all up bc of the matching color avis! yes, so nervous!

Hey guys!! finished applying before the priority deadline feb 1st! do yall know the acceptance rates/ avg stats needed to get into this master's program?

Hey guys!! finished applying before the priority deadline feb 1st! do yall know the acceptance rates/ avg stats needed to get into this master's program?
I went to the virtual info session they had back in January and the committee reviews the application holistically. There isn’t a minimum but if there is an upward trend or an indication that you have improved I think that’s a good sign. They also consider your extracurricular and involvement in different activities such as patient care interactions, research, working a job while in school, etc. Around 700-800 apply and there are 150 Cohort Seats and 150 Online Seats, a 40% acceptance rate.

thanks so much that helps alot!!! hopefully, we can get in!! my status got changed to "under review now" so hopefully that is a good sign!

I'm a current med sci f2f student graduating this semester. I'll be here to answer any questions that you guys may have. Feel free to tag me.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got changed to “under review”, submitted 02/02. Sending good vibes for us.

I got my acceptance today around 3:00pm as well! We can definitely meet up during the New Student Orientation! Best of luck to everyone, please DM if you have questions about my stats/etc to get into the program :)

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am curious whether someone who has completed the online version could talk about the workload? Is it feasible to complete it while working full-time or part-time? Are the class times set in stone or could they be completed in the evenings?

Hey! Planning on applying for Summer start. Did y’all just use a personal statement yall would use for med school? Or was it a personal statement on why y’all wanted to be in this program? Also, does anyone know if an school committee letter would count as a letter of recommendation?

Hey! Planning on applying for Summer start. Did y’all just use a personal statement yall would use for med school? Or was it a personal statement on why y’all wanted to be in this program? Also, does anyone know if a school committee letter would count as a letter of recommendation?
I did use my same PS! And they sent my med school letter packet as my LORS

Finished my application 3/16 and switched to “under review” 3/17. Hopefully the quick movement is a good sign 😅

Just to update y’all, the class that we will all take in the summer has 34 spots enrolled which means there’s 126 left ◡̈ They automatically enroll us so I’m thinking that’s a pretty reliable number

Just to update y’all, the class that we will all take in the summer has 34 spots enrolled which means there’s 126 left ◡̈ They automatically enroll us so I’m thinking that’s a pretty reliable number
How long did it take for them to auto enroll you?

Hey y’all! Congrats to those accepted and to those still waiting wishing you good luck:)
I graduated from f2f program S’22. Will be attending med school next year and am available should anyone have any questions about the program or need any advice. Y’all are doing great and keep up the great work on your journey as healthcare professionals!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Went to a workshop today and they confirmed the committee meets every other Tuesday and the next one is April 11.

• Love
Thanks for the info! I was hoping this past Tuesday was my lucky day but I guess I’ll have to wait 😅😂

Thanks for the info! I was hoping this past Tuesday was my lucky day but I guess I’ll have to wait 😅😂
You may still hear from them soon, I didn't hear back until a few days after they met. Good luck!

They had an event this past Tuesday that has me wondering if they didn’t meet. I haven’t seen any motion on the fb group or on here with someone getting accepted.

I got everything submitted and properly processed right before the deadline extension. The Portal says my application is under review. Guess my fate will be decided on a Tuesday? Time to cross my fingers.

I got everything submitted and properly processed right before the deadline extension. The Portal says my application is under review. Guess my fate will be decided on a Tuesday? Time to cross my fingers.
I think they extended the deadline again to April 15th. Good luck though!

there’s probably gonna be a big wave of As as they fill the class once the deadline passes ◡̈

there’s probably gonna be a big wave of As as they fill the class once the deadline passes ◡̈
That’s a good point! You’re our inside person you’ll have to give us the inside scoop on spots ☺️

• Love
Anyone from out of state attending the program? I am still on the fence if I should attend.

they started sending scholarships for summer out today if you applied by the deadline! just got an email with one ◡̈

enrollment total is at 60

Last edited:
Got my acceptance email at 4 PM today! Super hyped. Good luck to all others applying. Looking forward to studying with everyone here soon. Feel free to DM for questions on stats/ECs or general apps stuff.

• Care
Got my acceptance email at 4 PM today! Super hyped. Good luck to all others applying. Looking forward to studying with everyone here soon. Feel free to DM for questions on stats/ECs or general apps stuff.
Awesome! What date did you apply?

Got put on Hold this morning. No idea what that means but at least it's not a rejection haha.

Congrats on those who got accepted! I unfortunately got a rejection letter this morning. I have other offers from masters programs out of state but wanted to stay in Texas. It’s all good though

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on those who got accepted! I unfortunately got a rejection letter this morning. I have other offers from masters programs out of state but wanted to stay in Texas. It’s all good though
Same here unfortunately. What other programs did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?