University of the Pacific - 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looking at the eventbrite site, it seems that March 14 interview date is filled up.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that last week there was a delay in processing decisions because the usual committee meeting wasn't at full attendence! I believe they said that we would get responses out either this week or next

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone created a facebook page for the incoming group yet? I'm still slightly undecided but it would be nice to talk to others about housing options and etc.

Okay well Idk if anyone else is having trouble requesting to join that group but I am! If anyone knows how to help me out that would be great... facebook doesn't even let me "view group" to get to the page, it loads as a blank page

Do you have a Pacific email address yet? I had to verify my Pacific email through Facebook to allow me to look at Pacific groups.

Have you guys heard anything from the March 14th Interview? I just got waitlisted...

interviewed in September and just received an email saying I'm at the "top" of the waitlist lol

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email stating I was on top of WL as well. Wonder how many students typically get in from WL...

If you are at the top you should have a good chance. I was in the middle of the waitlist last cycle and didn't get in. They say it varies every year. Have hope guys.

Got into the wait list, but I m gonna withdraw my app, good luck everybody :)

Me too. I had an interview on Oct 18th and put on hold untill 04/01. And waitlisted on middle portion. Does anyone know how low or high chance to be accepted as middle portion. To be honest, it seems low to me.. :(:blackeye:please let me know any info

Me too. I had an interview on Oct 18th and put on hold untill 04/01. And waitlisted on middle portion. Does anyone know how low or high chance to be accepted as middle portion. To be honest, it seems low to me.. :(:blackeye:please let me know any info
I'm in the same boat as you, interviewed in November, onhold until April, and the waitlisted on the middle portion.

Could your "standing" status change after you submit your Spring 2014 transcript to the school? I'm afraid that my chance of getting in would be affected negatively after this semester :(

I'm on top as well. But I know a lot of people that got accepted to UOP but are still waiting for other schools, so don't lose hope guys:)

Could your "standing" status change after you submit your Spring 2014 transcript to the school? I'm afraid that my chance of getting in would be affected negatively after this semester :(

I don't really know but I don't think it will matter that much. They're not gonna reevaluate you unless you fail a class or something

I don't really know but I don't think it will matter that much. They're not gonna reevaluate you unless you fail a class or something

Thanks megmegmedusa! I'm on the top of the waitlist as well.. Fingers crossed for all of us! :happy:

Seems like everyone is top or middle.. seems weird to me for some reason lol

There is a a lower portion of the list according to their email..

I just contacted the school to withdraw my acceptance. I hope this means that one of you on the waitlist will get accepted soon! As for others, keep your hopes up. Today was the deadline for students to accept UCSF or UCSD, so there should be some movement on the waitlist coming up.

Thanks oski012! I wonder when waitlist candidates will be contacted...? Would it be in order form now, or after some time like in June/July?

I believe they'll just let people know as soon as anyone withdraws depending on their waitlist position, of course.

Hello all! I have a question, more of a concern. I was invited for an interview and placed on high wait list last year. I applied this year, with more pharmacy experience, full-time work experience, and 4 new strong LORs, but wasn't even offered an interview. I know its a different pool every year, but should I have contacted UOP? Are they done with their interviews?

Either way, I've already been accepted at other places, just thought it was a little odd I didn't hear anything back since the time they verified my pre-reqs, back in December.

Hello all! I have a question, more of a concern. I was invited for an interview and placed on high wait list last year. I applied this year, with more pharmacy experience, full-time work experience, and 4 new strong LORs, but wasn't even offered an interview. I know its a different pool every year, but should I have contacted UOP? Are they done with their interviews?

Either way, I've already been accepted at other places, just thought it was a little odd I didn't hear anything back since the time they verified my pre-reqs, back in December.

That's really odd. I believe March 14th was the last interview day. You can still contact them now if you're curious. Have you checked your spam?

And you were placed on top but couldn't get in... That's pretty scary since you didn't even get an interview this year, maybe it's getting more competitive...

Yes, March 14th was the last interview date for this cycle. I agree that if you're on the high alternate waitlist then you have a strong chance of getting in. Don't give up, guys.

When's the deadline for people to accept/deny UOP?? Just wondering when people on the waitlist would start hearing form the school :/

They give you two weeks from your acceptance to hold your seat, there is not a specific deadline. So the question really is, what are other schools deadlines that would make UoP students withdraw? Most people I heard at the school said they knew people that got in just a few weeks before school started. I assume that's when most, but not all, movement happens.

Yeah I agree with the above post, for example I was accepted back in November and have since turned down two other schools in favor of UOP, but if I get in off of UCSF's waitlist soon then I will probably withdraw from UOP even though I have already technically accepted their offer. I think quite a few people may have already turned down UOP for other schools like UCSF, UCSD and USC, but maybe they haven't started moving people off the waitlist yet since it seems like they just finalized it.

Anyone here who has decided to go to another school and has possibly withdrawn their acceptance to UOP?

I know the March 14th applicants received their decision on April 1st. For those of you in this category, by what date do you need to accept your spot (if you were accepted) ?

I had an interview on 1/9 and was placed in the middle portion of the waitlist. Still keeping my hope up :)

Anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet?

Checked the 2013 applicants thread. People at the top of the wait list didn't start hearing back until the 3rd wk of June. My guess is people will just have to wait for 1 more month.

Checked the 2013 applicants thread. People at the top of the wait list didn't start hearing back until the 3rd wk of June. My guess is people will just have to wait for 1 more month.
One more month doesn't seem like much but for this particular situation it's a pretty severe sentence haha

haha no I completely agree, but we've waited so long, I think this month will fly by. Hey, maybe we'll hear well before then. Fingers crossed.

haha no I completely agree, but we've waited so long, I think this month will fly by. Hey, maybe we'll hear well before then. Fingers crossed.
A friend of mine graduated last year and said she heard from them in July and she was on tier 1 so hopefully!

Last edited:
Have you guys submitted your Spring grades yet??

I have heard that some people got accepted off the waitlist can anyone confirm that? And how is it progressing?

I haven't heard of anything yet but I think they started accepting people off the waitlist around this time for last year. Does anyone know if the acceptance/denial letter for those who are waitlisted will come through email or regular mail? I want to call them about the waitlist status but I'm assuming they might be annoyed with waitlist questions lol.