University of the Pacific - 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone from tier 3 heard anything yet? i received an email on 11/20 saying my file is ready for preliminary review. for those of you who were already interviewed/accepted (congrats btw!) how long after the preliminary review email did you guys receive an interview invite?
Tier 3 is after September right? I submitted by Pharmcas mid September and already had an interview scheduled in January. My apps were mailed out 9/23. 10/10 I got an email saying my file is being reviewed. 10/14 I got the interview invite.
They get back pretty quickly, but maybe because of Thanksgiving and upcoming holidays, they might take awhile if you submitted later than early October.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted like a day or two before the deadline for tier 3 and got the interview invite on the 26th of Nov. , what is your date Trangtn?

Last edited:
I submitted like a day or two before the deadline for tier 3 and got the interview invite on the 26th of Nov. , what is your date Trangtn?
1/10. That was the only date left when I signed up.

Members don't see this ad :)
People who are on hold, how are you providing UOP with any updates (updates other than transcripts)?

ill probably update them with any time of work i have been doing. im doing some left wing research with the local pators at my high school so i emailed them about that. i also am going to tell them about some reservations I might make next week.

Ya thats what I was thinking. I wasnt sure if they want a letter or an email would be sufficient.

They havent sent out any rejections yet or have they?

People who are on hold, how are you providing UOP with any updates (updates other than transcripts)?
Does "on hold" mean they're waiting for fall grades or something before they process your application further? Im not on hold but wonder if I'm going to be lol.

Does anybody know if they're done sending out all of their interview invites? I haven't heard from them :/

So far I am still headed to Stockton! Does anyone have any advice on the best places to live while attending UoP? Looking for probably a 2 bedroom apartment w/ dishwasher, washer/dryer, that will accept a 10 lb dog, me, and my wife. Just don't want to end up somewhere scary before realizing that it is scary...

So far I am still headed to Stockton! Does anyone have any advice on the best places to live while attending UoP? Looking for probably a 2 bedroom apartment w/ dishwasher, washer/dryer, that will accept a 10 lb dog, me, and my wife. Just don't want to end up somewhere scary before realizing that it is scary...
Brookside, Spanos, Morada. Stick to those and you'll be fine... for the most part

Avoid the fringes of Stockton lol. Pretty much what hp26695 said. I live in sacramento approx 30ish mins away if you'd rather not live in Stockton at all, the rent here is cheap or comparable. Stockton has many budget constraints so if you do live there stick to the main places because that's where mainly police resources are allocated, to keep uop and students safe. Oh n there are some nice homes off 8 mile but I haven't been there since 06. There's been an upswing in home burglaries.

Last edited:
I will be living it Sacramento. Mostly because my wife and I are splitting a commute, her North, me South.

Just got the interview invitation at 4:03pm! OMG!!!

For those who haven't gotten the interview yet, they let me choose the interview date via Eventbrite, which gave me 4 dates to choose: Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31, and Feb 7. Jan 17 and 24 were sold out. I'm going on Jan 31.

Whoo hoo! I'm so excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the interview invitation at 4:03pm! OMG!!!

For those who haven't gotten the interview yet, they let me choose the interview date via Eventbrite, which gave me 4 dates to choose: Jan 17, Jan 24, Jan 31, and Feb 7. Jan 17 and 24 were sold out. I'm going on Jan 31.

Whoo hoo! I'm so excited.
Do you know if Feb 7 is the very last interview date for the cycle?

Do you know if Feb 7 is the very last interview date for the cycle?
I don't know for a fact but I seriously doubt it. I have a friend who applied last cycle and he didn't get the interview until March and he got in. So don't worry too much because I think there will be more interviews coming. Good luck!

I just got off the phone with Pacific's admissions, they do hold interviews until March. Here's hoping! And congrats to all who have been accepted already. :)

I got invited to an interview last week, and am scheduled to go on 2/7. I noticed that Stockton is not near any major airports. For those of you who flew there, did you guys fly to SFO/SMF and then rent a car to drive to Stockton? Also, any recommendations on hotels?

I stayed at La Quinta for like 60 bucks... ate across the street at the Noodle Company, that was pretty fun. Kind of lonely, but hey, I got in ;) Oh and its a hop step jump from the University, literally less than 5 minutes. Rent a car from the airport and drive it straight to stockton. Don't stay wherever you fly in. It works better.

Yeah, your best bet is to stay in Stockton. You want to be in the area that day. For example, what if there is an accident on the freeway from Sac to Stockton, you don't want to be in that type of situation. I live in this area and watch news everyday, an accident blocking the freeway is not something uncommon.

What's the code for getting the UOP rate online at the La Quinta? Or did you guys have to call and make your reservations?

did anyone make a facebook page for the class of 2017 yet?

also is anyone looking for an apartment mate?

Does anyone know if uop sent out any rejections yet?

got accepted within 6 days after the interview. I can't be happier. :)

Congrats, when was your interview? Do you think the interview was difficult in your opinion?
My interview was on last Friday January 31st. To be honest, I was so shocked because both interviews were so relaxed and conversational. The questions were very straight forward. On my faculty interview, the interviewer talked most of the time. They were really trying to show you how great UOP is. Each interview was 20 minutes and it was so enjoyable that I wished I could have had more time with them, seriously. Are your interview coming?

My interview was on last Friday January 31st. To be honest, I was so shocked because both interviews were so relaxed and conversational. The questions were very straight forward. On my faculty interview, the interviewer talked most of the time. They were really trying to show you how great UOP is. Each interview was 20 minutes and it was so enjoyable that I wished I could have had more time with them, seriously. Are your interview coming?
Oh that's a relief! So instead of having both student and faculty interview you at the same time, there was actually two separate interviews with one person each?

And yeah, my interview is tomorrow! I can't wait!

Oh that's a relief! So instead of having both student and faculty interview you at the same time, there was actually two separate interviews with one person each?

And yeah, my interview is tomorrow! I can't wait!
Yes. It went by like this. You will be divided into 3 groups and each group will rotate through 3 sessions: Writing Sample, Info/Tour, and Interview (that was my order). On writing sample session, you have 1 hour to write your sample in PEN within the two ruled sheets they give you. You will also be provided with a blank sheet to jot down and outline your ideas. Info/Tour is self-explanatory :). For Interview session, you all will be in a room and a current student will call your name. You will have one interview first, either a faculty interview or student interview. After that 20-minute interview, you will have a 10-minute break and you will go to the other one, which is also 20minutes. During the interviews, the student that take you there will knock the door once to signal that you have 5 minutes left, then another knock when 20 minutes are up. Hope that helps. :)

Can I ask, if anyone knows, if UOP gives extensions upon admission? I read somewhere that acceptances typically go out 1-2 weeks after the interview, and then you have 2 weeks to accept/decline?

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm awaiting my last school to make a final decision :C so out of curiosity...

I got accepted today and interviewed 2/7. And yeah it's 2 weeks to make a decision

I know UOP has interviews scheduled up to March but anyone know any specific upcoming interview day??? Just curious because some of my friends are wondering. If you don't mind, can you mention when you received the invitations as well? Thanks a lot.

I know UOP has interviews scheduled up to March but anyone know any specific upcoming interview day??? Just curious because some of my friends are wondering. If you don't mind, can you mention when you received the invitations as well? Thanks a lot.

The interview dates available on Eventbrite right now are Feb. 28 and March 14. I got my invite at the beginning of this month and will be interviewing on Feb. 28 :)

The interview dates available on Eventbrite right now are Feb. 28 and March 14. I got my invite at the beginning of this month and will be interviewing on Feb. 28 :)
Only two dates?? When I booked mine, Eventbrite gave me 4 dates to choose.

Only two dates?? When I booked mine, Eventbrite gave me 4 dates to choose.

Well, I had Feb. 7, 14, and 28 to choose from. If you still have the email with the link to their eventbrite, you can still go to the page and see the available dates now. That's what I did earlier and saw only the Feb 28 and March 14 dates.

Well, I had Feb. 7, 14, and 28 to choose from. If you still have the email with the link to their eventbrite, you can still go to the page and see the available dates now. That's what I did earlier and saw only the Feb 28 and March 14 dates.
oh OK, thanks for the tip. It seems like UOP is conducting some of the last interviews of the cycle. Best of luck on your interview on the 28th :)

did anyone make a facebook page for the class of 2017 yet?

also is anyone looking for an apartment mate?
I might be looking for an apartment mate. I'm waiting on another school to make my final decision though.

I tried to join it. We will see if they accept.

Is sending a copy of the pharmacy tech. license and AP scores required only if you are accepted? I interviewed and I'm placed on hold but I haven't sent these things in yet.

I think I remember calling them a long time ago and they said I don't need to send them in yet but I just want to make sure.

It seems they are offering last reviews of the cycle and I still haven't heard anything from them. Any advices on maybe contacting them for an update?

I would probably put a bug in their ear?... if you haven't done that once already...

Last edited:
It seems they are offering last reviews of the cycle and I still haven't heard anything from them. Any advices on maybe contacting them for an update?

I called them yesterday about it. They are still sending out interview invites but they are also sending out a batch of rejections via snail mail next week. If you want, you can call and ask about the status of your application and see what they say.....

I called them yesterday about it. They are still sending out interview invites but they are also sending out a batch of rejections via snail mail next week. If you want, you can call and ask about the status of your application and see what they say.....
Is that the first batch of rejection letters they're sending?

8/16 Submitted PharmCAS Application
10/10 Submitted Supplemental
10/15 Received Preliminary Review Results
2/24 Received Interview Invite
3/14 Interview Day

Does anyone know if they are done with interviews and what is the next sequence of events? (I.e. Reject letters, wait list etc...)

Has anyone that had their application "deferred" heard anything from the school yet? I'm in this situation and I haven't heard anything since they sent me the email in November.

Does anyone know if they are done with interviews and what is the next sequence of events? (I.e. Reject letters, wait list etc...)
The next interview day is March 14, I believe.

Has anyone that had their application "deferred" heard anything from the school yet? I'm in this situation and I haven't heard anything since they sent me the email in November.
Same here. I actually applied before the tier 1 deadline and then a couple weeks later they put my application on hold. I tried emailing them a few months ago asking if I'm still being considered but no response. So I never got the chance to interview :/ I kinda like gave up a long time ago on this school..figured I probably won't get in anyways. I never got an official rejection letter yet though. This is just my thoughts.