University of the Pacific - 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corytrade

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just submitted my application. Wanted to make sure I was in Tier 1 this year. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO UOP's tier system doesn't work as it should. Statistically it gives you better odds, but if your application isn't above average, you'll end up waiting to hear back after October (tier 3)

Good luck though (not that you need it :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

IMHO UOP's tier system doesn't work as it should. Statistically it gives you better odds, but if your application isn't above average, you'll end up waiting to hear back after October (tier 3)

Good luck though (not that you need it :)

Well that's not hopeful at all :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
and what's considered above average?

I couldn't tell you, sorry.

My scenario was:

When I applied the first time (tier 1), I didn't get any interview at all. Got pushed back till March to receive a rejection later. Second time I applied (last day possible, tier 3) I received an invite early in February and was immediately accepted.

I couldn't tell you, sorry.

My scenario was:

When I applied the first time (tier 1), I didn't get any interview at all. Got pushed back till March to receive a rejection later. Second time I applied (last day possible, tier 3) I received an invite early in February and was immediately accepted.

Intekmdma, what did you do differently (or how did you make your application stronger), to get UOP to grant you an interview and and the subsequent acceptance the second time around?

Intekmdma, what did you do differently (or how did you make your application stronger), to get UOP to grant you an interview and and the subsequent acceptance the second time around?

Sorry for the late reply; in the process of moving.

Since I had another year to prepare, I just strengthened my entire application. I had more extra curricicular's, more leadership roles. If you want to know the exact details feel free to PM me.

I also had a change in status from volunteer at both places I work to pharmacy clerk, and research associate.

During the interview, I happen to get an interviewer who clicked with me 100%. They asked "how do I think?" and I responded with "chess". That person loved chess and we went from there. I told my interviewer I wanted to have a Ph.D and go into clinical pharmacy, and coincidentally he had a Pharm.D and Ph.D (clinical pharmacy)

I was basically told during the interview I was a shoe in.

intekmdma-san, who did you interview with btw? I can't believe there's already a thread for 2014.

Anyone who applied for Tier 1 get any e-mail/response/feedback yet? When should we be expecting anything?

I received a letter that stated my supplemental application had been processed. Looking at last years thread it looks like the earliest applicants got interview invites mid-September and interviewed mid-October

Update: I received another email that said that COMM 101 is insufficient as a public speech course. I need to add Public Speaking to my Spring 2014 Semester

Did you apply during Tier 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied Tier 2 and received the email with my student ID.

Anyone understand the checklist website? I log in and there's nothing listed under the section where there would be incomplete item, it's just blank.

I'm assuming everything has been accepted.

Good luck everyone!
The checklist website will be filled in as they verify your information. At first when I logged on it was blank. Then my file complete date was pink because I had some items to take care of. When I took care of the items I needed too, all the items now have a complete date. Takes time.

The checklist website will be filled in as they verify your information. At first when I logged on it was blank. Then my file complete date was pink because I had some items to take care of. When I took care of the items I needed too, all the items now have a complete date. Takes time.
Are the "complete" dates accurate? I finished my app at the end of Aug so Tier 2, but the completed date states Aug 1.

Are the "complete" dates accurate? I finished my app at the end of Aug so Tier 2, but the completed date states Aug 1.
Must not be accurate, because all of mine say Aug 1 as well, maybe I was bumped to tier 2 for not having all of my prerequisite information correct. Or maybe you are in tier 1 and you don't know it.

Must not be accurate, because all of mine say Aug 1 as well, maybe I was bumped to tier 2 for not having all of my prerequisite information correct. Or maybe you are in tier 1 and you don't know it.
I'll take whatever I can get, good luck to us both!

Looks like interview requests are going out. Just got my e-mail today. I will be interviewing on Oct. 25th.

Looks like interview requests are going out. Just got my e-mail today. I will be interviewing on Oct. 25th.

Well see you there I just reserve mine too ! :laugh:

Got mine on Oct 25th:cool: so excited

Good luck to you all, where else did you guys apply?

What airport are you all flying into for your interview?

What airport are you all flying into for your interview?

I'm flying into Oakland the night before on the 17th, renting a car, and driving over to Stockton. It's supposed to take a little over an hour.

I'm flying into Oakland the night before on the 17th, renting a car, and driving over to Stockton. It's supposed to take a little over an hour.

I'm driving! 10+ hours! Gotta save that $$$ for tuition right? Staying at La Quinta.

let us know what kind of questions were asked for the interview!!!

Anybody has interview on 10/25 ?:confused:

for the second supplemental question: "Please explain briefly why you wish to attend the University of the Pacific. Please also include an explanation of any extenuating circumstances (if any) you would like us to take into consideration.(no minimum or maximum limit)", how long was your essay? My essay is coming out to ~1.5 pages single spaced. is that too long?

for the second supplemental question: "Please explain briefly why you wish to attend the University of the Pacific. Please also include an explanation of any extenuating circumstances (if any) you would like us to take into consideration.(no minimum or maximum limit)", how long was your essay? My essay is coming out to ~1.5 pages single spaced. is that too long?

Definitely too long. Teachers like to see that a student can formulate organized, clear, and concise statements. Answers to the previous question should be 1/2 page single space or 1 page double spaced 12pt font. Read through your paper and pick out what your 3 main points are. Stick to those points forming 5-9 sentences about each one. Hit your points, make it clear who you are and what you want, then close the deal.

Definitely too long. Teachers like to see that a student can formulate organized, clear, and concise statements. Answers to the previous question should be 1/2 page single space or 1 page double spaced 12pt font. Read through your paper and pick out what your 3 main points are. Stick to those points forming 5-9 sentences about each one. Hit your points, make it clear who you are and what you want, then close the deal.

we might be classmate next year, I applied for the same school and got interview for the same school you got, but I already did my CNSCOP interview

godd luck :)

we might be classmate next year, I applied for the same school and got interview for the same school you got, but I already did my CNSCOP interview

godd luck :)

How did the your Northstate interview go? What did they have you do? Group interviews, writing, and individual interviews? Please do share!

How did the your Northstate interview go? What did they have you do? Group interviews, writing, and individual interviews? Please do share!

its gonna be a long day, but its fun, they are gonna put you in group with different schedule
writing essay and 1 on 1 interview, they are very friendly, I am just waiting to receive the phone :oops:

its gonna be a long day, but its fun, they are gonna put you in group with different schedule
writing essay and 1 on 1 interview, they are very friendly, I am just waiting to receive the phone :oops:

Sorry I know this is a UOP thread, but do you know how long until they let you know whether you're accepted or not?

Sorry I know this is a UOP thread, but do you know how long until they let you know whether you're accepted or not?

they said 3-6 weeks

Ready or not, my interview week has come... ready for a long drive with red bull, beef jerky, and interview questions.

I just scheduled my UOP interview for January..I should be pretty happy since I was in Tier 3 but isn't that pretty late for interviews? I wish they had an opening between October (which was filled) and January

I just scheduled my UOP interview for January..I should be pretty happy since I was in Tier 3 but isn't that pretty late for interviews? I wish they had an opening between October (which was filled) and January
Can I ask when you e-submitted your supplemental? I was also in Tier 3 and was wondering if I should be expecting an interview or if they already passed my application :C

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Can I ask when you e-submitted your supplemental? I was also in Tier 3 and was wondering if I should be expecting an interview or if they already passed my application :C

Thanks!
September 9th...Did you receive an e-mail in regards to completing all your prerequisites yet?

I was wondering, are there two interview dates within October? Both the 18th and 25th? Are there that many Tier 2 to have two interview dates?
Or is the 18th tier 1?

September 9th...Did you receive an e-mail in regards to completing all your prerequisites yet?
Not yet! But you submitted nearly a month before I had.

Just submitted my application on October 1st! Looks like I'll have a while to hear back... How soon did they send out an e-mail to you?

I was wondering, are there two interview dates within October? Both the 18th and 25th? Are there that many Tier 2 to have two interview dates?
Or is the 18th tier 1?

I was in tier 1 and interviewing this week.

Not yet! But you submitted nearly a month before I had.

Just submitted my application on October 1st! Looks like I'll have a while to hear back... How soon did they send out an e-mail to you?
I actually didn't submit all my letter of recs until around mid-september though so I guess my application wasn't complete until then..it took a couple of weeks to hear from them about the prereq stuff but after that I received an invitation like 5-6 days after. So hopefully you get an e-mail soon!

Or is the 18th tier 1?
I actually thought there would be a lot more than just 2 interview dates for tier 1 and/or 2 lol is UOP like USC where they only have 3 interview dates?

I wonder how many spots there were for Oct 25th. I had the option but when I checked later in the day it disappeared from the event page and only Jan 10th date was left. Hope that doesn't ruin my chances of getting in. +pity+