University of Texas at Austin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG!!! I, being the impatient f*** that I am, emailed Dr. Wilcox to ask him about the status of my application, and I just got an email from him...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

I'm shaking so much right now, I can't believe it!!!

He said that formal acceptances will go out this PM so check your email everyone!!!
That is such good news Tharper. I'm so happy for you! :) You should celebrate! :clap:
Now...:idea:...what i need is an interview invite...it'll be awesome since today is my birthday, right?

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! OMG THIS QUICK????!!!
you're saying that emails will go out later this afternoon??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! OMG THIS QUICK????!!!
you're saying that emails will go out later this afternoon??

That's what the email said..."A formal email will go our this PM...Official letters and packets will be mailed this week."

Thanks everyone. I can't wipe off this huge smile on my face.

And I know I said this before, but good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
That is such good news Tharper. I'm so happy for you! :) You should celebrate! :clap:
Now...:idea:...what i need is an interview invite...it'll be awesome since today is my birthday, right?

Happy Birthday RNtoPharmacy:hardy:, and good luck!

OMG congratulations!! that's so great to hear! did your application status change? i'm scared to find out if i got in or not.

OMG!!! I, being the impatient f*** that I am, emailed Dr. Wilcox to ask him about the status of my application, and I just got an email from him...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

He said that formal acceptances will go out this PM so check your email everyone!!!

OMG congratulations!! that's so great to hear! did your application status change? i'm scared to find out if i got in or not.

No, I just checked... just looks the same as always. I guess I shouldn't get so excited until I get the official letter, but I'm being optimistic!

Got an interview invite today! Any tips/advice from those of you who have already been accepted or feel you had successful interviews? Send me a msg

I guess I shouldn't get so excited until I get the official letter, but I'm being optimistic!

Go out and celebrate!! You earned it :thumbup:
hopefully I'll find myself in your shoes a few hours from now.

So only one person here actually got a deferral letter last week? do yall think deferral letters were all sent out last week or are they still sending them out..

hey Congrats to all new admits! especially tharper though i have to say once i read you didnt get a deferral email i was ready to bet you would get in.

on a related note round 3 interview invites are out. check your emails fellow last chancers.

I think deferral letters are still being sent out.

Has anyone else heard back from UT today yet? Getting more anxious every minute.

Has anyone else heard back from UT today yet? Getting more anxious every minute.

If you didnt get a deferral email yet I don't think any more are coming. Expect to see a decision soon (beginning with the next two hours).

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

Hate to say I told you so. But I told you so! Congratulations. Hopefully us deferred kids will be right behind you in the next review session.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my interview letter. I got my TTU acceptance letter on Saturday. It's been an eventful few days.

hey Congrats to all new admits! especially tharper though i have to say once i read you didnt get a deferral email i was ready to bet you would get in.

on a related note round 3 interview invites are out. check your emails fellow last chancers.
hm...still waiting...:confused:

So UT is sending out both acceptance and rejection letters?

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

CONGRATULATION!!!!!:hardy: I've been reading your posts on and off and it's nice to hear that you got accepted~~~!!:D

Life has dealt me two options:

Apply to a PhD program (of which I am not interested) that will take me because of my GPA and standardized test taking ability

or

Pick up trash and sell it at flea markets like my father does for a living

People say that they want to offer you the ability to do better things in life. I have seen no evidence for this.

Apply to a PhD program (of which I am not interested) that will take me because of my GPA and standardized test taking ability

or

People say that they want to offer you the ability to do better things in life. I have seen no evidence for this.

Dun think it that way, Knickbocker. You still have Texas Tech and A&M. Life sucks only if you look at it negatively. People (like me) dun always get to their first choice. As long as you can get in one pharmacy school, that's all it matters, right?:thumbup:

Wow, I totally did not expect that. There must be some kind of mistake. Seriously... I mean, I thought FOR SURE you would get in (I know you're probably sick of hearing that) but seriously I did. How could I get accepted and you didn't?

yeah....I just got the email acceptance from Ann Spencer...can't freakin' believe this..UT's interview was actually the one I was least confident with...good luck for everyone :thumbup:

I'm so sorry, Knickerbocker...best of luck to you for Tech and A&M...at least, now you know there'll be 01 seat available 'cause I'll decline Tech, A&M.

yeah....I just got the email acceptance from Ann Spencer...can't freakin' believe this..UT's interview was actually the one I was least confident with...good luck for everyone :thumbup:

I'm so sorry, Knickerbocker...best of luck to you for Tech and A&M...at least, now you know there'll be 01 seat available 'cause I'll decline Tech, A&M.

Congrats!:hardy:

Congrats!!!

Last edited:
O
M
G
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Congratulations to all my future classmates; I can't wait to meet you guys!

Woohoo! Got the "official" email not long ago... so I guess it's save to say I really did get in.

Go out and celebrate!! You earned it :thumbup:
hopefully I'll find myself in your shoes a few hours from now.

Yeah I've been trying to buy a Wii to celebrate getting in (I've been telling my husband FOREVER that I want one) but I didn't feel like I'd earned it. Well I think I've earned it now. Damn thing is sold out EVERYWHERE though :mad:

CONGRATS to nehe87 and evildarklord198... I'll be seeing you both soon! And congrats to those that got interviews today!!! Phew, what an eventful day.

or

I don't know what your background is, but I would suggest you work as a pharm tech for a year, figure out how to strengthen your application, and try again next year if you are really that set on going to UT. Try to keep an open mind about another school, too!

I don't know what your background is, but I would suggest you work as a pharm tech for a year, figure out how to strengthen your application, and try again next year if you are really that set on going to UT. Try to keep an open mind about another school, too!

3.9 GPA; 99 PCAT; 150 hours in a hospital pharmacy; extracurriculars and community service out the wazoo; leadership roles.

Some people get in without any pharmacy experience at all! How does this system work???

Okay I feel your frustration! I have basically the same thing as you doApparently grades are not everything, and we obviously don't have the qualities the adcom was looking for. It sucks, but it is reality.

Last edited:
Okay I feel your frustration! I have basically the same thing as you do, but I still haven't heard anything back from UT. Apparently grades are not everything, and we obviously don't have the qualities the adcom was looking for. It sucks, but it is reality.

What are they looking for?

I got in too!! :):):):) woo today is a really good day (despite the tests and homeworks i have coming up)!!!

Knickerbocker I'm sorry about the bad news but you may get into your other schools. and I guess that just shows how much the interview plays into your application.. just keep practicing your communicative skills if you're gonna apply next year. and, most importantly, however hard it is to, BE OPTIMISTIC!

I can't wait to see all you accepted people this fall!! we did it!

that's what I have been trying to figure out...

Well, i officially got my bday present for today. UT rejected me for the second time without extending an interview. Everything is pretty much riding on Texas Tech this year, which means I would have to take the two pre-requisites I lack for their program this summer. :eek: I guess I'm getting a puppy this year if Tech decides to deny me as well. At least that's what I told my husband we should get if I dont' get in. A wii would have been a better celebration piece though (that's what i wanted if i had gotten in...lol). :)

I got in too!! :):):):) woo today is a really good day (despite the tests and homeworks i have coming up)!!!

Knickerbocker I'm sorry about the bad news but you may get into your other schools. and I guess that just shows how much the interview plays into your application.. just keep practicing your communicative skills if you're gonna apply next year. and, most importantly, however hard it is to, BE OPTIMISTIC!

I can't wait to see all you accepted people this fall!! we did it!

I know that they let some people in who barely speak English. Surely they can't be communicating that well.

For the record... I didn't actually apply to UT... but I feel equally rejected with Knick...

Curse of the 99 man...

I know, I mean I'm happy I got in, but I'm bummed that knick didn't. I just can't believe it. Knick I'm so sorry. Don't lose hope though... meet with Dr.Wilcox to find out why they rejected you and apply again next year, that is, if you don't get into the other two schools you applied to. At least you know it isn't the school you go to that they didn't like, considering I got accepted.

Wooo just got my acceptance letter =]

Well, i officially got my bday present for today. UT rejected me for the second time without extending an interview. Everything is pretty much riding on Texas Tech this year, which means I would have to take the two pre-requisites I lack for their program this summer. :eek: I guess I'm getting a puppy this year if Tech decides to deny me as well. At least that's what I told my husband we should get if I dont' get in. A wii would have been a better celebration piece though (that's what i wanted if i had gotten in...lol). :)

Did you get an email today that rejected you? I'm just wondering what to look for. :(

I've been reading your posts and it would seem like maybe you didn't do so well on the interview. Generally UT likes to say they 'dont have a formula' and they 'look at the whole package' but private sources have always told me to consider the interview to be worth 30-40% of your total 'score'. It might even be more since the weight of subjective impressions of the committee members (Dr. Wilcox and Kloesel especially) are so ridiculously important. This would make the interview even more important than even GPA and the PCAT at UT is no more than a glorified tiebreaker. Your stats are great and I'm really surprised you didn't get in and at the very least I'm surprised that they're rejecting you so early when there are 2 more review sessions but if I had to guess I'd say they didn't like what they saw in the interview for some reason. Last year when I was rejected I was really angry too and my stats and resume' were a little less impressive than yours are now so I can only imagine what it must feel like for you. I am so sorry.

I know, I mean I'm happy I got in, but I'm bummed that knick didn't. I just can't believe it. Knick I'm so sorry. Don't lose hope though... meet with Dr.Wilcox to find out why they rejected you and apply again next year, that is, if you don't get into the other two schools you applied to. At least you know it isn't the school you go to that they didn't like, considering I got accepted.

I wonder if that will be worthwhile. They tell some people that they didn't get in due to lack of experience, yet they let some people in with zero experience. There was a small exchange about this in the first few pages of this thread or in the old Texas applicants thread.

This is stupid... I shouldn't have to fall back to second or third choices. I'm very qualified for their program.

Hey..Knickbock.. Did you even have an interview with them?
I think you should call them and find out the reasons for rejection.

Since UT is not a non-pharmcas school, they have to handle LOTS of paperworks themselves and might have lost your PCAT/transcript/etc.
This happened to me with one of my non-pharmcas schools. I got automatic rejection due to lack of January PCAT score but it was not mentioned in the rejection letter . They reconsidered my file for an interview after the Jan PCAT score was resent to them.

Hey..Knickbock..
I think you should call them and find out the reason for rejection.

Since UT is not a non-pharmcas school, they have to handle LOTS of paperworks themselves and might have lost your PCAT/transcript/etc.
This happened to me with one of my non-pharmcas schools. I got automatic rejection due to lack of PCAT score but it was not mentioned in the rejection letter . They reconsidered my file for an interview after the PCAT score was resent to them.

They won't tell you anything until you set up an appointment to speak with them in June.

They won't tell you anything until you set up an appointment to speak with them in June.
wow.. they are that strict.:confused:
at least, they should at least tell you if all your documents are received before the adcom made the decision.

I wonder if that will be worthwhile. They tell some people that they didn't get in due to lack of experience, yet they let some people in with zero experience. There was a small exchange about this in the first few pages of this thread or in the old Texas applicants thread.

This is stupid... I shouldn't have to fall back to second or third choices. I'm very qualified for their program.

Did you do something crazy or offensive at the interview?

I have no clue what is going on...I did not receive an acceptance, deferral, or a rejection letter :(

Well, I have been following this thread since January to see Knick's journey to pharmacy school unfold... I'm very sad you got the dreaded "R" from UT. You seem very motivated AND show strong aptitude (GPA, test scores), which makes me lose some faith in the admissions system. I have faith that you will at least get into one of the Texas schools based on your stats alone - but you need to ask yourself whether you want to "settle" for second or even third choices. From all the posts of yours I've read, UT is your dream school. Don't let one bad admissions cycle let you down. Reapply next year as an even stronger candidate and get into UT if it means that much to you.

To put some things into perspective: my brother applied to pharmacy school a few years ago and was rejected from his top choice. Throughout the application process, everyone told him that they were positive he would get in based on stats. He was ultimately rejected, and has held a bitter grudge against the particular school and the pharmacy profession as a whole ever since. I just don't want you to have this attitude because you seem like you'd make a great pharmacist. Good luck.