University of St. Augustine???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am interviewing at the St. Augustine Campus, I live 5 hours away in Columbia, SC... I wish I knew how many people got interviews so I could ease my mind a little! I am gonna be a wreck that Friday morning! Haha

I also have an interview next Friday in St. Augustine. So nervous about the essay part because I'm not very good at writting essay. Good luck everyone who have an interview on the 15th in CA and those who also have an interview on the 19th in FL.

Members don't see this ad.

I have really looked into the program at USA. I would really like to go, but it's uber expensive and I live in the midwest. So it would be a really big move for me. What would be the major advantages of going and does anyone have any experiences they could share with me about a big move?

Thanks!

I start at USA in January 2011. Moving in less than a month from Illinois. I guess I cannot directly state how the transition has been, but the staff and administration has been so helpful and prompt at USA. Anytime I have a problem or question, they answer right away. The students there seem like a big family...so excited to get going in a month!

Hey Hope17, how did your interview at St. Augustine go? I know you are probably as anxious as I am to hear back from them... I hope it is this week!!!!

I also have an interview next Friday in St. Augustine. So nervous about the essay part because I'm not very good at writting essay. Good luck everyone who have an interview on the 15th in CA and those who also have an interview on the 19th in FL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Hope17, how did your interview at St. Augustine go? I know you are probably as anxious as I am to hear back from them... I hope it is this week!!!!

I think the interview went okay, I hope. I'm so anxious with this waitting game like everyone else. Hopefully, they can get back to us this week before the Dec. deadline. Please let us know if you hear anything from them too. Good luck.

Yes, everyone post as soon as you hear anything! I hateeee waiting!

STILL no news... I have never been so anxious in my LIFE! Haha, I really hope they don't wait until NEXT Friday or I might lose my mind!! Anyone else hear anything yet?!

PT Doc,

Did you attend the florida or California campus?

Wow, yes I am interested to know which campus you attended, and when did you graduate? Thanks

Oops sorry to double post.. I'm new to the smartphone.. lol

anyone still dealing with the waitling list process with me? I am 8th and am expecting to hear another update tomorrow, really wondering what is going to end up happening with being on the alternate list, I continue to hear different stories from everyone! :/

I am a prospestive student. I have heard that with the increse in physical therapy students that the University can not place all students in to rotations. This is unique to St. Augustine? This is a real problem!

What do you mean in terms of increase of students? In general or at the University? Because they have always maintained the same amount of students in their classes. I haven't heard of this issue.

I am a prospective student and have heard that University of St. Augustine in San Diego is unable to place students in clinical internships. Has the University expanded to quick? Why would I attend a PT school that lacks the ability to have realtions with practioners so as to place students?
This is a real concern.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I mean in increase student size at St. Augustine PT in San Diego, previously admitted students once a yr.- now admit student year round so have many more students to manage and seems they lack the intrastructure to meet the needs of the student- just heard this.

Oh, I honestly don't know anything about the San Diego campus.. I know I have never heard of that issue with the Florida campus which is where I will attend.

this question is for those already graduated or currently attending USA.
I was wondering how u compare the education u get here at USA to that education others have received from other schools? did u or do u feel prepared and confident to tackle on the treating patients in the work field?

The reason I ask is because I was just accepted and I know their clinical rotations are not as long as other schools, so I was wondering if those who attend other schools woud get a better education or feel more prepared. Any insight would be much appreciated. thanks

This is a real problem, because I have heard that students get a lot of their ther ex ideas, and basically see what works and what doesnt from their clinicals. Not to mention a gang of experience. now im nervous.

Can someone at/graduated one of these schools comment?

I just had my OT interview at St. Augustine and I felt as though I did really well. My essay was strong and my interviewer said she was definitely recommending me for the program. My concern is my pre-req, which is physics and will not be complete until Dec. I will finish the course prior to the Jan start date, but I'm concerned I will simply be waitlisted since that course is not complete. Does anyone have any experience with outstanding pre-reqs? Is it possible they will accept me conditionally? Thanks!

I would not be worried about it at all. I had two classes that I was still taking when I applied and I was accepted. Don't lose sleep over it :) Did you just have an interview for the Jan 2012 start in? For San Marcos or St. Augustine?​

I would not be worried about it at all. I had two classes that I was still taking when I applied and I was accepted. Don't lose sleep over it :) Did you just have an interview for the Jan 2012 start in? For San Marcos or St. Augustine?​

I also interviewed today for the January start for the dual MOT/DPT program. I was interviewed by the program director- how awesome! The experience was great!

I had an interview today for the Jan 2012 start date for St. Augustine. I loved the campus and feel as though the program is a perfect fit for me. Fingers crossed!

I also interviewed today for the January start for the dual MOT/DPT program. I was interviewed by the program director- how awesome! The experience was great!
That IS awesome! Were you interviewed by the OT director or PT director? I thought they were great :) My interviewer was really nice and basically told us that we would be a great fit, so I'm super excited!

I have an interview this friday. Do you guys have any tips or any advice on the type of questions they ask?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is still waiting to hear back from Univ of St Augustine for Fall 2012 semester. I sent my application in a week and a half late, June 30th. I am waiting to hear back if I got an interview but starting to think I sent it in too late for January 2012 semester. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Has anyone been accepted for January 2012 DPT. I received my phone call today!

I received my call today also! cant wait to start!

That IS awesome! Were you interviewed by the OT director or PT director? I thought they were great :) My interviewer was really nice and basically told us that we would be a great fit, so I'm super excited!

My interview was with the OT Director...and I'm in!! Jan 2012 :)

I got my call today, too!! Spring 2012 DPT class. Congratulations to everyone!!:thumbup: Can't wait to meet you all!

We need to start a facebook group. I can't wait to meet everyone :) Anyone doing the Dual program in SD?

I'm in the January 2012 PT program in SD! Can't wait to meet the people in my program!

I got accepted into the MOT program for Jan!! I have never been so relieved/excited in my life :D

Hey everyone, I'm applying to Saint Augustine for the Summer Term. Does anyone have any advice on writing the autobiographical essay? I've complete the personal statement but am having the toughest time to figuring out how to approach the autobio.
Thanks!

hi,
im considering in applying for the dual program in USA..
OVERALL, is the dual program in USA a good investment.
is it a good program, even though its expensive which makes me even more
iffy to apply or not.

I got a call last week on my acceptance into the jan 2012 DPT program as well. excited to see you all there!

Just got a call today inviting me to the January 2012 class!

I just got my call today too!! Got into the DUAL in San Marcos 2012 =)

Got the call earlier today! Beyond excited and can't wait to start the DPT program in SD

I interviewed for the Flex DPT program last weekend. Anybody else?? The last 10 days have gone by so slow!! :xf:

I interviewed last in Florida on the 6th and I haven't heard anything either. I am with you, I just want the answer! I will post something as soon as I get the phone call . . . how's that for thinking positive!! :)

AligolfPT-

Are you applying for the Flex DPT in FLA or SD? Would you mind posting or PM'ing me your stats? I'm applying next Fall for the St. Aug campus.

Good-luck!

I am interested in applying for Fall 2012.
My stats (per PTCAS) not real strong..........but nothing below a C.
OGPA 3.1
PGPA - working on what classes to designate-should be around 3.0
GRE V 460 Q 580 AW 3.5 old version
took new version 8/2/11 pending scores.......
Will grad. Az State Univ May 2012 Kinesiology
Observation: 120+ inpatient-hospital and geriatric residence, out patient-private and rehab.
I earned almost 40 credits through community college while I was in high school. A lot of extracur. back then but have been more involved with trying to keep the grades up while in college and keeping my scholarships.
The tuition is higher than AZ private schools......but the 7 month program is attractive. I especially like the choice of electives. The drive is about 7 hours from PHX. Worry about $$$ later. I will enter program w/ no debt.

Do my stats look competitive/acceptable?
How many hours a day are you in classes / clinics? One poster noted 21 credits per semester.......yikes

thanks for any info. The prior posts have been helpful.