Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my acceptance yesterday too! :)
Yay! Congrats you guys! I just received my acceptance for the Summer 2018 cohort too. I'm excited to meet everyone!
Are you doing MOT or OTD?

Members don't see this ad.

I can totally back this up! I didn't know I received the updated enrollment agreement or even the initial email with all the background check and drug test information and it wasn't until I checked my Spam folder that I saw all the info!

And yes I've spent so much money already excluding the $500 deposit I'm so sad haha
OMG how much do we have to pay for the finger print, background check, and drug test? I'm scared. I'm so broke from the deposit. :/

Did you figure out how to pay for your deposit yet? I'd just finished paying for mine today. I was kind of nervous because in the acceptance email it said "deposit due upon receipt" and when I had asked if there's a specific hard deadline I was just responded with "The deposit is due upon receipt of email". :/

Hey! I paid my deposit already too, but when I emailed and asked about it on Tuesday, they said I had until the end of the week to pay the deposit. So I think the "upon receipt" is good for 5-7 days; at least that's how I interpreted it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've spent about $700 I'm so sad lol. IT's $500 deposit, the drug test/background test is $133, and then to go to a third party to get fingerprints done it's another $44. WHYYY LOL

I'm in the MOT program! I was just added to the Roommates and Housing page on facebook, trying to find a place to live too!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you figure out how to pay for your deposit yet? I'd just finished paying for mine today. I was kind of nervous because in the acceptance email it said "deposit due upon receipt" and when I had asked if there's a specific hard deadline I was just responded with "The deposit is due upon receipt of email". :/

Yes, I was able to figure out and just received more emails from them now. It will take couple days for the system to show that you paid the deposit, and following with that, they will sent you more emails regarding on more info :)

I've spent about $700 I'm so sad lol. IT's $500 deposit, the drug test/background test is $133, and then to go to a third party to get fingerprints done it's another $44. WHYYY LOL

I'm in the MOT program! I was just added to the Roommates and Housing page on facebook, trying to find a place to live too!

Hi! Do you mind posting the facebook page here, so we all can have access to it? Thank you so much!

I would think they should give you at least a week to make the deposit... But I haven't had my interview yet so I'm not sure how the deposit process works...

Hey everyone! I was accepted to the summer MOT program last week. Has anyone else heard back?

Hi everyone!! congrats to everyone getting their acceptances!!!! :) I was wondering if anyone who has submitted their deposit and enrollment agreement has heard back with their USA email/Exxact invite??

Hi everyone!! congrats to everyone getting their acceptances!!!! :) I was wondering if anyone who has submitted their deposit and enrollment agreement has heard back with their USA email/Exxact invite??
Check your spam email! I found the email of how to set up your email account in that folder.

Reactions: 1 user
Check your spam email! I found the email of how to set up your email account in that folder.

Thanks so much! I checked my spam and got nothing :( but I did email IT and they gave me instructions on how to create one. Did you get an Exxact invite yet?

Thanks so much! I checked my spam and got nothing :( but I did email IT and they gave me instructions on how to create one. Did you get an Exxact invite yet?
I actually was getting impatient and IT also sent me an email to create one but I also found the original email in my Spam lol. I haven't received the invite yet so I emailed the Clinical Education Director about it. Let me know if you receive the invite any time soon! I'm almost done completing all the items we need from the checkilist so I just want to upload all the documents already so that I don't need to worry about it anymore lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! Im seeing many acceptances for St Augustine occupational therapy programs!! Congrats!! I was hoping since some of you have gone through the interview process you wouldn't mind sharing your experience and what kind of interview questions they asked? I have my interview for the miami campus this upcoming weekend!

Has anyone created a facebook page for just the incoming OT students for summer 2018?

Hi there! Im seeing many acceptances for St Augustine occupational therapy programs!! Congrats!! I was hoping since some of you have gone through the interview process you wouldn't mind sharing your experience and what kind of interview questions they asked? I have my interview for the miami campus this upcoming weekend!

Hi! I interviewed at the Miami campus a couple weeks ago and received my acceptance last week!
It was a group interview and I was with two other girls. The guy interviewing me only asked 3 questions, one being tell me about yourself and why you choose OT, what would you do in this group scenario, and some stuff I observed in OT.
To be honest with you, I didn’t even think my interview went well because I didn’t get to talk much about myself, and I felt like I didn’t get enough in cause two other girls were talking with me and the interviewer talked a lot. But I guess it didn’t matter too much! Just try to make sure your personality shines through, but regardless you should be fine :)

Get used to paying a lot of small fees here and there.

Yes, I was able to figure out and just received more emails from them now. It will take couple days for the system to show that you paid the deposit, and following with that, they will sent you more emails regarding on more info :)
Hi! Do you mind posting the facebook page here, so we all can have access to it? Thank you so much!

Here's the facebook group for housing! Currently looking for roommates!

Not sure if that's gonna show up but if anything just search on Facebook USAHS Housing/roommates - San Marcos, CA Campus and the admin will approve your request to join!

Hi everyone! I’m applying to the OTD summer 2018 program at this st Augustine campus. I was going to apply for fall but Marlena said I could apply for summer since the application pool was smaller (even though the deadline was a while ago). Did anyone else apply to the st Augustine fl location?

Hi everyone!

I will be interviewing for the Flex MOT Program on March 17th in Austin.

Does anyone how many students they accept for the Flex cohorts?

Has anyone created a facebook page for just the incoming OT students for summer 2018?
I've been wondering this too. I kinda wanna create one but if there already is one that I can't find can someone add me?

Since tuition is around $90,000 for MOT program and with room, board, books, etc a loan might be close to $145,000. How do you all plan to pay off the loan and do you think it's realistically feasible?

Since tuition is around $90,000 for MOT program and with room, board, books, etc a loan might be close to $145,000. How do you all plan to pay off the loan and do you think it's realistically feasible?
From the OTs I've interned with and talked to, they all said you just spend several years afterwards paying off the loan. I think it is reasonable when you look at the median pay scale for your area. It may take several years, but in the end it's worth it. I'm not sure where you are from, but around me, USA is on the lower end for cost of tuition.

I l
From the OTs I've interned with and talked to, they all said you just spend several years afterwards paying off the loan. I think it is reasonable when you look at the median pay scale for your area. It may take several years, but in the end it's worth it. I'm not sure where you are from, but around me, USA is on the lower end for cost of tuition.
I'm in Sacramento.

Also, if a student starts in the fall, do they do FWII during the summer? I'm thinking of doing mine back home so I can live at home or internationally in a really affordable country so I can cut costs.

That's a lot! Just curious, how long after did you receive the information about the drug test and such. I got accepted 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. I keep checking MyUSA to see if anything pops up on there too

Hi! Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook group for the USAHS MOT San Marcos Summer cohort? Also if anyone is looking for roommates too since I still need to find a place to live!

What are you seeing the cost of housing is within that Facebook group? Does it look like most OT students are living together?

I paid 500 a month for a room in a condo. Shared.