Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xalexisxOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start a thread for those applying to the University of St. Augustine Summer 2018 class! The deadline is coming up in 2 weeks and I've been stressing trying to submit all my documents in time as well as worrying if my stats are good enough :( Who else is applying and what other schools are you applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

Wanted to start a thread for those applying to the University of St. Augustine Summer 2018 class! The deadline is coming up in 2 weeks and I've been stressing trying to submit all my documents in time as well as worrying if my stats are good enough :( Who else is applying and what other schools are you applying to?
The deadline for Summer 2018 is September 15 if your applying through OTCAS so there is still some time

The deadline for Summer 2018 is September 15 if your applying through OTCAS so there is still some time
@Aot007 I already finished a good majority of their application so I'll probably just stick to the August 15 deadline. But I called my enrollment counselor and she said it's okay if some transcripts come past that deadline and that you can have one letter of rec pending when you submit your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Aot007 I already finished a good majority of their application so I'll probably just stick to the August 15 deadline. But I called my enrollment counselor and she said it's okay if some transcripts come past that deadline and that you can have one letter of rec pending when you submit your app.

Hi xalexisxOT
I'm thinking about applying to the Spring class but the deadline is 8/15 aka in a few days, and I'm just not super confident about my personal statement just yet. There's a chance I might just apply to the Summer class. What campus are you applying to?

Hi xalexisxOT
I'm thinking about applying to the Spring class but the deadline is 8/15 aka in a few days, and I'm just not super confident about my personal statement just yet. There's a chance I might just apply to the Summer class. What campus are you applying to?

From my understanding, the Summer class which starts in May 2018 is the one with the 8/15 deadline. The Spring class deadline was back in June. Do you mean you would apply for the next cycle which is the Fall class with the October deadline?

I am applying to the San Marcos campus! Ideally, I wanted to start in the Fall and apply by the October deadline but the Fall class is always the most competitive since that's the semester they receive the most applications from what the counselors were saying. I'm just trying to maximize my chances so I started my application a month ago and have quickly tried to submit everything for the 8/15 deadline. I'm undergrad cum GPA isn't the best so I figured maybe applying for the Summer class would help me out. It's definitely been stressful :( I have all my documents submitted, I'm just having one more OT review my personal statement before I submit my application but I'm definitely cutting it close.

From my understanding, the Summer class which starts in May 2018 is the one with the 8/15 deadline. The Spring class deadline was back in June. Do you mean you would apply for the next cycle which is the Fall class with the October deadline?

I am applying to the San Marcos campus! Ideally, I wanted to start in the Fall and apply by the October deadline but the Fall class is always the most competitive since that's the semester they receive the most applications from what the counselors were saying. I'm just trying to maximize my chances so I started my application a month ago and have quickly tried to submit everything for the 8/15 deadline. I'm undergrad cum GPA isn't the best so I figured maybe applying for the Summer class would help me out. It's definitely been stressful :( I have all my documents submitted, I'm just having one more OT review my personal statement before I submit my application but I'm definitely cutting it close.

Also applying in San Marcos! Hope we can both get in! I also want to start in the fall. The application process for OT schools in general is super stressful. Sending peace and good wishes to you all...we definitely need it. :(

I am also applying to the San Marcos campus but I told my enrollment advisor I'd be okay with going to the Austin campus also. My cum GPA is not great either so I'm in the same boat, best of luck to us all!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if interviews have started going out for the class starting in January for the Austin campus?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also applying to USA Summer cohort good luck everyone!

You sure TiffanyOT? That's a link to the PT page, not OT. Have any OT interviews gone out already?

Members don't see this ad :)
You sure TiffanyOT? That's a link to the PT page, not OT. Have any OT interviews gone out already?
That is for a PT page, but they typically send invites for out for both at the same time. According to what I have seen on previous threads. It's one of the only threads that has had any updated information.

Got an interview invitation for San Marcos OTD program on Sept 8

Hi guys! Good luck to everyone applying!

I completed the app before the 8/15 deadline as well, but the advisors told me that they need my official transcripts and GRE scores before continuing my application. I took my GRE score today, and I received a 293 (YEAH IT WAS ONE POINT AWAY FROM 294, OMG -- I hate verbal). I'm hoping they'll still call me for an interview. >_< I'm definitely taking the GRE again to raise my score. Other than that, I'm pretty confident with my other stats. :)

Hi guys! Good luck to everyone applying!

I completed the app before the 8/15 deadline as well, but the advisors told me that they need my official transcripts and GRE scores before continuing my application. I took my GRE score today, and I received a 293 (YEAH IT WAS ONE POINT AWAY FROM 294, OMG -- I hate verbal). I'm hoping they'll still call me for an interview. >_< I'm definitely taking the GRE again to raise my score. Other than that, I'm pretty confident with my other stats. :)
@INeedToChill What are your other stats? I feel like all my stats are mediocre compared to everyone else, but I thought I should just give this cycle a shot anyway

Does anyone know how the verification of of observation hours work?

I'm applying through OTCAS and it gives us a documentation tab where we can upload documents. I uploaded sign in sheets/or emails from the supervisor with an official header from the hospitals/clinics I volunteered at, stating I completed the signed hours with a signature from the OT I shadowed under.

I also made an account to apply through the USA website but it required us to do a observation hour form request so I decided to stick to OTCAS because some of my hours were done 2+ years ago. Did anyone applying to OTCAS do their observation documentation differently?

@OTFLCAL i applied through USA's app but i'm guessing if they don't ask a specific way to input hours, then just uploading your sign in sheets and reporting your hours on the OTCAS app is fine. but i would just call USA and ask just to make sure. i think i called the school at least 15 times regarding application questions haha

Got it thank you! I sent you a direct message regarding a few other questions if you don't mind talking to me about your application process :)

@INeedToChill What are your other stats? I feel like all my stats are mediocre compared to everyone else, but I thought I should just give this cycle a shot anyway

Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.63 (retaking physics)
Cumulative GPA: ~2.8
Last 45-Unit GPA: 3.8
GRE: 293 (141V & 152Q) and 4.5 Writing
Observation/Volunteer Hours: 185 -- inpatient and outpatient hospital, gym, and peds

I hope to get in. I'm going to redo my GRE scores for a better chance. However, they already submitted my application, so we'll see what happens.

Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.63 (retaking physics)
Cumulative GPA: ~2.8
Last 45-Unit GPA: 3.8
GRE: 293 (141V & 152Q) and 4.5 Writing
Observation/Volunteer Hours: 185 -- inpatient and outpatient hospital, gym, and 0

I hope to get in. I'm going to redo my GRE scores for a better chance. However, they already submitted my application, so we'll see what happens.

Let me know if you get in! My GRE was a 295 and they said it was not competitive enough for the time I applied.Now I am waiting for fall to apply again. Hopefully luck is on your side :)

Hello all :) I also applied for the San Marcos campus May start. I was originally applying for the fall term, however after reading these posts about that being the most competitive time to apply and then receiving a call from admissions asking if I'd be interested starting in the summer, I went ahead and moved my application. Good thoughts for all of us. Grad school applications and everything that follows are indeed a stressful time. I think interview invites for Summer start will be going out in the next few weeks.

Let me know if you get in! My GRE was a 295 and they said it was not competitive enough for the time I applied.Now I am waiting for fall to apply again. Hopefully luck is on your side :)

I just received an e-mail today and was invited for an interview!

Can you all of you post your stats? :) I'm applying for the Fall OTD 18 class...super nervous!

Can you all of you post your stats? :) I'm applying for the Fall OTD 18 class...super nervous!

I was just accepted into the Spring 2018 OTD class. These are my stats.

University: Stanbridge University-AA, Western new Mexico University- BAS

Major: Occupational Therapy Assistant, Rehabilitation Services

Concentration: Occupational Therapy

Overall GPA: (OTCAS) 3.0 (Program) 4.0

Pre-Req GPA: 3.8

GRE: 149 V, 145 Q (ugh), AW: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Certified occupational therapy assistant- 3.5 years

Volunteer: Certified occupational therapy assistant- Geriatric experience, pediatric experience

LOR: 2 OTR/L, 1 COTA/DOR

Applying: University of St. Augustine-San Marcos, Stanbridge Unversity

Acceptances: University of St. Augustine

Rejections: -

Interviews: University of St. Augustine, Stanbridge University

Volunteer: Certified occupational therapy assistant- Geriatric experience, pediatric experience

It's no wonder that you got in :) Great stats, and congrats! I'm sure your experience as an OTA prepared you tremendously :)

Also, you say you got three letters of recommendation. Do they require two and allow you to submit more? I was bummed, because I have like seven total and wanted to show them off as much as possible! Lol.

I applied for Summer OTD Austin campus and I keep trying to get a hold of Erin ever since she called me about some missing observation hours. I keep calling and emailed but no luck. Anyone else having trouble in contacting them??

Also, you say you got three letters of recommendation. Do they require two and allow you to submit more? I was bummed, because I have like seven total and wanted to show them off as much as possible! Lol.
Thanks hercurlinessOT! I did my application through OTCAS and you can submit more LORs.

I was wondering if anyone else who has applied for the Summer class (May start date) has been offered an interview?

I applied for Summer OTD Austin campus and I keep trying to get a hold of Erin ever since she called me about some missing observation hours. I keep calling and emailed but no luck. Anyone else having trouble in contacting them??

Oh my goodness, me too! Lol. I have been harassing Erin via email and voicemail with my many questions, but no reply. So frustrating.

Okay, guys! Did anyone apply through the website? It's requiring clinical recommendations, but one of the people that wrote me a recommendation letter said that there was no option to submit a letter of recommendation. Her words exactly: "I just completed the online information requested by USA. I did not see that they were requesting a letter of rec." Does anyone else know what this might be? I'll call admissions, but it'll probably take a while, so if anyone knows what's going on, that would be great!

Oh my goodness, me too! Lol. I have been harassing Erin via email and voicemail with my many questions, but no reply. So frustrating.
She finally got back to me and said my hours were actually correct and she submitted my app, but I feel like she delayed my app by two weeks just because of that..not sure though? I applied through OTCAS so I am not sure how to go about submitting the LOR :\

When did you submit your application? I keep refreshing my email hoping to hear back from them lol

I submitted my application on August 14, 2017 for Spring 2018, but it was incomplete (because I didn't take my GRE scores yet). They received all of my material 10 - 14 days later.

I submitted my application on August 14, 2017 for Spring 2018, but it was incomplete (because I didn't take my GRE scores yet). They received all of my material 10 - 14 days later.
congrats on your interview btw! i also submitted mine on august 14 and my entire application was complete so i'm just anxiously waiting now haha

I called about two weeks ago and from my knowledge they are still trying to fill up the Spring class so it might be awhile until they send us any information regarding interviews for the Summer start date.

I called about two weeks ago and from my knowledge they are still trying to fill up the Spring class so it might be awhile until they send us any information regarding interviews for the Summer start date.

I guess that's somewhat good news?

I'm applying for the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 San Marcos OTD program, and read on the website that they're still accepting applications for the Spring 2018 program.. does that mean they're receiving fewer qualified applications? Less competition = good news, in my book

I'm just getting super anxious cause I thought we would have at least been invited for an interview by now haha. I read on an PT thread that they're in the same boat with the whole waiting game. Someone said that the last interview for Spring for DPT was mid November so considering they conduct DPT and OT interviews together, we might just have to wait even longer sigh lol

just got invited for an interview on november 17 at the san marcos campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I recently just applied to the Summer OTD program at the San Marcos location. Originally I was going to apply for fall, but like another person on this thread, I was told there were more spots open for summer so I just decided to just do that instead. I just got an email today for an interview for Nov 17! Did anyone else get an email recently??

Hey guys! I recently just applied to the Summer OTD program at the San Marcos location. Originally I was going to apply for fall, but like another person on this thread, I was told there were more spots open for summer so I just decided to just do that instead. I just got an email today for an interview for Nov 17! Did anyone else get an email recently??

Are they still accepting applications for Summer? I heard that they are still accepting applicants for Spring, as well! When did you apply?

Are they still accepting applications for Summer? I heard that they are still accepting applicants for Spring, as well! When did you apply?
I called Erin after submitting my application on the Oct 15 deadline so she could forward it to admissions. That was when she said that I could apply for Summer if I wanted to and I decided to go for it!

Yeah it seems like Spring is the semester where apparently it's easiest to get in probably because not as many people apply for this rotation. My friend goes there right now for the DPT program and that's what he told me

I called Erin after submitting my application on the Oct 15 deadline so she could forward it to admissions. That was when she said that I could apply for Summer if I wanted to and I decided to go for it!

Yeah it seems like Spring is the semester where apparently it's easiest to get in probably because not as many people apply for this rotation. My friend goes there right now for the DPT program and that's what he told me

Congratulations! I so wish I were in your place right now! Not knowing is nerve-wrecking. :(

Would you mind posting your stats? :)

Congratulations! I so wish I were in your place right now! Not knowing is nerve-wrecking. :(

Would you mind posting your stats? :)
Sure!

Undergrad: UCI Public Health Sciences B.S.
Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.8, all A's except B's in the Biology portion of the prereqs. still taking physics and retaking stats because they won't accept my UC Stats class
GRE: V 155 Q 158 AWA: 5

Volunteer Experience: 300+ peds, 46 hrs in Inpatient acute rehabilitation, 100 hrs in Stroke Research Lab, 78 hrs in Adapted Kinesiology class with OT professor

Work experience: Behavioral interventionist for almost 2 years

LOR: OT from peds clinic, OT from Adapted Kinesiology class (she was also in the Stroke Lab I was involved in at UCI), Supervisor from work

I knew my GPA was a little bit on the lower side so I really tried to beef up everything else over the years! It's been such a long journey and this platform has helped ease the anxiousness of waiting.

Sure!

Undergrad: UCI Public Health Sciences B.S.
Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.8, all A's except B's in the Biology portion of the prereqs. still taking physics and retaking stats because they won't accept my UC Stats class
GRE: V 155 Q 158 AWA: 5

Volunteer Experience: 300+ peds, 46 hrs in Inpatient acute rehabilitation, 100 hrs in Stroke Research Lab, 78 hrs in Adapted Kinesiology class with OT professor

Work experience: Behavioral interventionist for almost 2 years

LOR: OT from peds clinic, OT from Adapted Kinesiology class (she was also in the Stroke Lab I was involved in at UCI), Supervisor from work

I knew my GPA was a little bit on the lower side so I really tried to beef up everything else over the years! It's been such a long journey and this platform has helped ease the anxiousness of waiting.

Those are solid stats! No wonder you got accepted :) It definitely seems like you've earned it!