Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those are solid stats! No wonder you got accepted :) It definitely seems like you've earned it!
Thanks! I've just passed the first hurdle which is to get an interview! So fingers crossed! Have you already submitted your application for Fall 2018 at USA?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I've just passed the first hurdle which is to get an interview! So fingers crossed! Have you already submitted your application for Fall 2018 at USA?

Oh! Well even so, it means that they want you :) I'm optimistic about your acceptance!

I haven't. I'm going to within the next few weeks. As you probably know, they already typically accept apps beyond the deadlines, and even more so since the hurricanes put them so behind! I'm just refining my personal statement. I'm going to take the GRE next month, which I'm absolutely dreading. I would kill to have your score on my stats right now! Do you have any study tips?

Sure!

Undergrad: UCI Public Health Sciences B.S.
Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.8, all A's except B's in the Biology portion of the prereqs. still taking physics and retaking stats because they won't accept my UC Stats class
GRE: V 155 Q 158 AWA: 5

Volunteer Experience: 300+ peds, 46 hrs in Inpatient acute rehabilitation, 100 hrs in Stroke Research Lab, 78 hrs in Adapted Kinesiology class with OT professor

Work experience: Behavioral interventionist for almost 2 years

LOR: OT from peds clinic, OT from Adapted Kinesiology class (she was also in the Stroke Lab I was involved in at UCI), Supervisor from work

I knew my GPA was a little bit on the lower side so I really tried to beef up everything else over the years! It's been such a long journey and this platform has helped ease the anxiousness of waiting.
I got a BS for Public Health at UCSD!

On a side note, isn't it frustrating how they wouldn't take your UC credits for some prereqs because of the quarter to semester conversion? I'm currently retaking Biology and Developmental Psychology because it was only 4 quarter credits aka 2.7 semester credits and that isn't enough to fulfill the 3 semester credit requirement UGHHHHHH

Members don't see this ad :)

On a side note, isn't it frustrating how they wouldn't take your UC credits for some prereqs because of the quarter to semester conversion? I'm currently retaking Biology and Developmental Psychology because it was only 4 quarter credits aka 2.7 semester credits and that isn't enough to fulfill the 3 semester credit requirement UGHHHHHH

Nice! Hello fellow public health undergrad Yes! It is extremely frustrating! I had to use two of my upper division science classes that were micro and neuro to fulfill the 3 semester Biology units. Those classes were obviously pretty hard to get As in, but I didn't want to retake more classes.

Thank god my classes right now are online, but it still requires effort haha and I thought I would have all my prereqs done when applying. At least they allow us to have pending courses which I am thankful for

That's crazy! I took two quarter classes at Loma Linda University for A&P...I better look into whether or not they qualify

Did anyone else apply to the St. Augustine FL campus and get an interview invitation today (for Jan. 26th)?!

I applied to the Flex MOT program in Austin for the May 2018 start. Got invited for an interview yesterday via email!! :clap: Interview is December 2nd. Anyone else got an interview for the Austin campus and is wanting to do the Flex program? Good luck to everyone!!

I also got an interview for the Flex Austin Texas program and just bought my ticket! So excited

I wanted to know if anyone that applied for the Summer start date at the San Marcos campus has received an admission decision yet? Erin just emailed me asking if I would be willing to start in January if accepted and while I could, I strongly prefer starting in May.

I wanted to know if anyone that applied for the Summer start date at the San Marcos campus has received an admission decision yet? Erin just emailed me asking if I would be willing to start in January if accepted and while I could, I strongly prefer starting in May.

I applied for Summer 2018 at San Marcos too. I was asked before if I wanted to submit for January before interviews were given out. I got the same email from Erin today asking again about Jan. I declined and said I wouldn’t be able to start Jan. I’m sure they’re just trying to fill up their Jan spots before giving out Summer decisions.

I just received my acceptance at the San Marcos campus for Summer 2018! Let me know if any of you have gotten your acceptances!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my acceptance at the San Marcos campus for Summer 2018! Let me know if any of you have gotten your acceptances!

congrats on your acceptance! messaged you

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my acceptance yesterday too! :)

Awesome! Will you be accepting the offer?
I think I will definitely be making the deposit to save my seat, but have been offered interviews at other schools or am waiting to hear back from the schools that just started reviewing apps this month. So it’s possible I might lose out on $100 of the deposit if I decide to not move forward with USA. Although, I would be happy attending USA and living in the SD area :) how about you?

I think I will definitely be making the deposit to save my seat, but have been offered interviews at other schools or am waiting to hear back from the schools that just started reviewing apps this month. So it’s possible I might lose out on $100 of the deposit if I decide to not move forward with USA. Although, I would be happy attending USA and living in the SD area :) how about you?
I will be attending! I have an interview with Samuel Merritt that I will turn down because St. Augustine is my top choice. I went to college in SD and still live in the area so I'm happy that I get to stay close to home :) Have you gotten any other information other than the acceptance but the following steps such as the background and drug test? I got an email to make an account on the student portal but that's it.

I will be attending! I have an interview with Samuel Merritt that I will turn down because St. Augustine is my top choice. I went to college in SD and still live in the area so I'm happy that I get to stay close to home :) Have you gotten any other information other than the acceptance but the following steps such as the background and drug test? I got an email to make an account on the student portal but that's it.
Oh that’s great! Glad it worked out well for you :) not yet, have only received the same email you have so far. Will keep you posted

Hi guys,

I was wondering how long after submitting your OTCAS applications for USA did you receive any correspondence from USA directly? My OTCAS application says verified and I've received logins/emails from every other university I applied to except USA. I've also tried to call/email an admissions counselor several times and got nothing. So I'm just wondering what I should be looking out for process-wise from USA between application submission and interviews?

Hi guys,

I was wondering how long after submitting your OTCAS applications for USA did you receive any correspondence from USA directly? My OTCAS application says verified and I've received logins/emails from every other university I applied to except USA. I've also tried to call/email an admissions counselor several times and got nothing. So I'm just wondering what I should be looking out for process-wise from USA between application submission and interviews?
Same here! Which campus and start date did you apply for? I applied for Austin, TX OTD Summer 18 program.

Same here! Which campus and start date did you apply for? I applied for Austin, TX OTD Summer 18 program.
Hi! I applied for San Marcos--still haven't received any login or confirmation from them. Did you sign up for the webinar for tomorrow? I'm hoping there will be more info to clear things up for that but I'm going to have to miss the first half hour because of work.

Hi! I applied for San Marcos--still haven't received any login or confirmation from them. Did you sign up for the webinar for tomorrow? I'm hoping there will be more info to clear things up for that but I'm going to have to miss the first half hour because of work.
The only thing I have received from USA has been the confirmation that they received my application (which was 2 weeks after I submitted it). It has now been a month and a half since that email. So, I'm hoping to receive something this week.

Reactions: 1 users
The only thing I have received from USA has been the confirmation that they received my application (which was 2 weeks after I submitted it). It has now been a month and a half since that email. So, I'm hoping to receive something this week.
Oh good so this wait time is pretty standard. I’m hoping it speeds up once they fill up & finalize the spring class in a few weeks.

No I haven't, I can't make it because of work :\ but glad to see I'm not the only one!

Oh good so this wait time is pretty standard. I’m hoping it speeds up once they fill up & finalize the spring class in a few weeks.
I read something on the DPT thread that they heard we aren't supposed to find out until February, rather than tomorrow.

If we were accepted for an interview or not.
oh I see. I didn't realized they had previously mentioned it was going to be this week. I was just wondering time of getting a confirmation from them in regards to receiving my application because I haven't even gotten that.

Also, the webinar just finished up. She really just went over admission requirements and basic things like that. She did say for the interview to be well informed on OT, the purpose of it and what it is. Other than that I don't think anything struck me as new or exciting.

Their field work flexibility that she went over is actually exciting but doesn't really pertain to where we are right now haha

oh I see. I didn't realized they had previously mentioned it was going to be this week. I was just wondering time of getting a confirmation from them in regards to receiving my application because I haven't even gotten that.

Also, the webinar just finished up. She really just went over admission requirements and basic things like that. She did say for the interview to be well informed on OT, the purpose of it and what it is. Other than that I don't think anything struck me as new or exciting.
Oh I see. Yeah, when I got my confirmation email it said 6-8 weeks (which was 2 weeks after I applied) which is about now (for me at least) and 2 months from when the application was "due." Thank you so much! I was hoping to do the webinar but I wasn't able to today. Best of luck to you!!

For those that were offered a seat for the summer at San Marcos 2018. Congrats first of all! When were your interview dates? How long after that interview date they notify you?

For those that were offered a seat for the summer at San Marcos 2018. Congrats first of all! When were your interview dates? How long after that interview date they notify you?

So I submitted my application on August 15, heard back for an interview on November 7, had the interview on November 17, and received my acceptance December 6. So from the interview to my admittance decision, it was pretty quick.

Congrats on your acceptance! I was also accepted for the Summer cohort and am planning on attending!! I was wondering when you received your acceptance and if you received any of your paperwork yet?? It's making me nervous that it's almost been a month and I have only received my login for the myusa and the financial aid information!!!

Congrats on your acceptance! I was also accepted for the Summer cohort and am planning on attending!! I was wondering when you received your acceptance and if you received any of your paperwork yet?? It's making me nervous that it's almost been a month and I have only received my login for the myusa and the financial aid information!!!
I am in the same exact boat. I emailed my counselor a week ago and she said that "Admissions should be sending out the paperwork for May on how to do all of that within the next couple weeks."

Regardless, I didn't feel reassured and I'm still worried that I'm missing something?

I also got accepted to the summer cohort, but haven't receive anything regarding enrollment form or deposit procedure... anyone on the same boat??

I also got accepted to the summer cohort, but haven't receive anything regarding enrollment form or deposit procedure... anyone on the same boat??
I'm in the same position! I haven't gotten anything except financial aid info and login in info for my student portal... It's been making me nervous but Erin emailed me saying info will come within the next couple weeks but it's taking so long... Did you get into the MOT or OTD program?

I'm in the same position! I haven't gotten anything except financial aid info and login in info for my student portal... It's been making me nervous but Erin emailed me saying info will come within the next couple weeks but it's taking so long... Did you get into the MOT or OTD program?

I got into the OTD program, how about you? Aw, okay, that's a little relief to know, I also emailed to them right after I got the acceptance letter and asked her when will the deposit deadline be, she replied to me that the deadline is not established yet, but it's usually a week after the formal letter. But that was already a month ago..

I got into the MOT Program! Yeah it makes me nervous cause someone just messaged me that they were able to put down a deposit but haven't gotten any info about the background check or drug test. She was also for the PT program so maybe it's different between programs but I just feel uneasy cause even though I have been accepted there hasn't been anything to really confirm that I'm attending in May and that I'm a student lol

I just spoke to Erin and she said that they have to have the head of admissions approve some stuff every term regarding the paper work and deposit info which is why it's taking a while but we're still accepted and shouldn't worry since it'll come out the next couple weeks.

I got into the OTD program, how about you? Aw, okay, that's a little relief to know, I also emailed to them right after I got the acceptance letter and asked her when will the deposit deadline be, she replied to me that the deadline is not established yet, but it's usually a week after the formal letter. But that was already a month ago..

Hi OTbyGrace18
I've applied for the OTD Fall start date and was just wondering how long it took to get an interview after submitting your application? And then how soon after your interview did you hear back about your admissions decision? Thanks in advance! I feel like USA is really poor at communicating--especially compared to other schools that I'm applying to. It has me so stressed out!

Hi OTbyGrace18
I've applied for the OTD Fall start date and was just wondering how long it took to get an interview after submitting your application? And then how soon after your interview did you hear back about your admissions decision? Thanks in advance! I feel like USA is really poor at communicating--especially compared to other schools that I'm applying to. It has me so stressed out!
Hi!!

I can related to you, but I think my overall impression of the program is very good and once you get an interview invite, they will reply to you pretty fast!

I applied around last September last year, got an interview on November 17th, got accepted on December 6th. I think they are still interviewing for the summer cohort now, because my interview date was the last round for spring cohort and first round for summer cohort!! Let’s hope for the best and don’t give up waiting :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello those who have been accepted!

Have you guys gotten any information about our enrollment agreement since the initial one they sent us was incorrect? Also, have you guys heard anything about a Facebook group? Trying to find potential roommates lol

Hello those who have been accepted!

Have you guys gotten any information about our enrollment agreement since the initial one they sent us was incorrect? Also, have you guys heard anything about a Facebook group? Trying to find potential roommates lol
Hi,

I didn't hear anything yet. And what information on the initial email was incorrect? :O... And there is a facebook group? didn't know that haha.. I might email them again soon.

Hi,

I didn't hear anything yet. And what information on the initial email was incorrect? :O... And there is a facebook group? didn't know that haha.. I might email them again soon.
They sent the wrong enrollment agreement for those in the MOT program, they sent us the OTD one so they're working on sending us a new one. I'm guessing if you're in the OTD program, everything they sent in your email is correct. They said at orientation they were gonna add us to these Facebook groups so we could get acquainted with our classmates but maybe it's still too early and they're still accepting people? Side note, the background check and finger printing and drug test is soo expensive lol we haven't started school yet and my wallet is already suffering :(

To those who got accepted to the MOT or OTD program, please check on your spam email to see if there are any letters from USA, it happened to me that the formal letter they sent out got to my spam email and I was freaking out that I might missed the deadline, but thankfully I didn't. But yea, do check on your spam email to see if there are any emails from the school. Btw there are a lot of procedures that we need to do and a lot of money that we need to spend already haha.

To those who got accepted to the MOT or OTD program, please check on your spam email to see if there are any letters from USA, it happened to me that the formal letter they sent out got to my spam email and I was freaking out that I might missed the deadline, but thankfully I didn't. But yea, do check on your spam email to see if there are any emails from the school. Btw there are a lot of procedures that we need to do and a lot of money that we need to spend already haha.
I can totally back this up! I didn't know I received the updated enrollment agreement or even the initial email with all the background check and drug test information and it wasn't until I checked my Spam folder that I saw all the info!

And yes I've spent so much money already excluding the $500 deposit I'm so sad haha

I just got accepted to St. Augustine - Miami for summer MOT!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I'm applying to the summer 2018 MOT program!! I'm about to sign up for an online independent study at BYU to complete the physics prereqs. I know Marlena said a lot of students take this course to satisfy the physics prereq. Just wondering if anyone on here has taken it? And can provide a few tips?

I interviewed for the Summer 2018 cohort on the 26th of January and I received my acceptance on February 2. They told me I would hear back in 2 to 3 weeks, so I was pretty surprised when I got an email from them just after a week.

Did you figure out how to pay for your deposit yet? I'd just finished paying for mine today. I was kind of nervous because in the acceptance email it said "deposit due upon receipt" and when I had asked if there's a specific hard deadline I was just responded with "The deposit is due upon receipt of email". :/