University of St. Augustine- Summer 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Y'all!

Sorry I'm late to the party. I also have an interview for the 18th next week at the Austin campus! I can't wait!!

My Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.83
pre-req GPA: 3.64
GRE: 150 Q/ 153 V/ 4.0 W
Hours: 252 - inpatient, outpatient, and sports medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else recieved an interview at the augustine campus
Hey, sorry late to the party. I have an interview this Friday at the St. Aug campus as well

To follow with my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req: 3.15
GRE: 152 Q/162 V/3.5 A
Hours: 1200+ - outpatient, inpatient and acute

Members don't see this ad :)
Just made an account. Have an interview at the Austin,TX campus on 11/18. Excited to attend but nervous as USA is the only school I applied too this round. Found some good information on the spring 17 USA thread and previous years. Make sure to check them out.

Stats
Overall: 3.1
Pre-req: 3.6
Last 45: 3.7
GRE: 160 V/153 Q
Hours: 200 Ortho as a tech. Have more now work full time.

Reactions: 2 users
Have an interview at the San Marcos location on November 18th, good luck everyone!!

Does anyone know if USA got rid of the essay portion during interviews?

For those of you who interviewed at San Marcos, how many DPT candidates were there?

I counted roughly 80 total in the room but about 10-15 were for the OTD and MOT programs.

I counted roughly 80 total in the room but about 10-15 were for the OTD and MOT programs.
I hope i get accepted I'm so nervous lol. my interview was good. widh it was great

How long did they say to wait for the decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - I'm planning to apply for the USA Summer 2018 cohort (seems far out but I have a lot to do before then). Can anyone shed some light on the level of competitiveness between the 3 different cohorts, and between Flex and on-campus?

Also, I haven't gotten a definitive answer anywhere about what you have to enter on your application for GPA stats. Some people say they don't even ask about your cumulative/undergrad GPA - is that true? I just want to know what to expect, especially with mine being low (pre-req should be good though).

How long was your application under review?

I have started my application. I heard that they recommend undergrad GPA of 3.0, but even if it is less you can apply. Make sure other things are strong.

for the people who interviewed with Austin this past Friday, how did it go?

Was anyone accepted to St. Augustine summer 2017 yet. I know it's early but still lol

I have started my application. I heard that they recommend undergrad GPA of 3.0, but even if it is less you can apply. Make sure other things are strong.

Are there specific fields you have to fill out for each GPA? I chatted with one person who told me he didn't even remember them asking for a cGPA. I'm just curious to know what the application itself asks for.

Are there specific fields you have to fill out for each GPA? I chatted with one person who told me he didn't even remember them asking for a cGPA. I'm just curious to know what the application itself asks for.
they do not ask for it on the application, however, you must submit your Offical Transcripts from all universities.

I just got an interview invite for the Austin campus on December 2nd! Any tips that yall have? What was the layout of the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? Thanks!!

@Crab5, I recently interviewed at the San Marcos Campus. Tips: eat a good breakfast, expect to be there about 4 hours. The interview format is a group and can range anywhere from 2-4 interviewees and 1-2 interviewers. Everybody starts off in a classroom and then you're broken up into two groups, 1 goes for interviews, the other goes for a tour. Be prepared to answer questions that test your character: 1) What would you do if you failed a class? 2) How do you plan on making the transition from an undergrad to graduate course load? 3) Why PT 4) Why USA 5) Strengths and weaknesses 6) What would you do if you got denied?

Research Direct Access and the founder, Stanley Paris for your own knowledge. That may help.

I read that USA maybe accepting 65 but during the interview it was said they take 54 students

I read that USA maybe accepting 65 but during the interview it was said they take 54 students
They are allowed to take up to 65 Full time DPT and 35 MOT (not sure on the number of flex the accept, but that has it's own separate allotted number) students at each campus. I know previous cohorts, the Austin campus have tried to fill every seat.

I just got an interview invite for the Austin campus on December 2nd! Any tips that yall have? What was the layout of the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? Thanks!!
That is a very short notice, good luck to you!

I just received a interview invite for Austin campus this Friday as well. Short notice but I feel extremely blessed. Good luck to us all!

Reactions: 1 users
Can't stand this wait anymore... Good luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow!

Was anyone accepted to St. Augustine summer 2017 yet. I know it's early but still lol
Was wondering the same thing, I was told 2-3 weeks from Nov 18th. Has anybody heard back from the interviews yet?

Was wondering the same thing, I was told 2-3 weeks from Nov 18th. Has anybody heard back from the interviews yet?

I just finished my interview at the St. Augustine campus and we were told that they wait until they interview both groups, then put us in a spreadsheet to decide. It'll be a few more weeks most likely.

I just finished my interview at the St. Augustine campus and we were told that they wait until they interview both groups, then put us in a spreadsheet to decide. It'll be a few more weeks most likely.
Thank you for the quick feedback! Was this at the Austin location of FL, sorry I forgot to specify above. I interviewed on Nov 18th at the Austin campus.

Did you mean both groups as the ones who interviewed on Nov 18th and the ones who did today? If it is, is this their new policy? Because until Spring 2017 admission, they always released decision after about 3 weeks of each interview session instead of waiting for both sessions to release the decision.

Did you mean both groups as the ones who interviewed on Nov 18th and the ones who did today? If it is, is this their new policy? Because until Spring 2017 admission, they always released decision after about 3 weeks of each interview session instead of waiting for both sessions to release the decision.

Today at the St. Augustine, Fl location they told us that they do what Teekam said. They put everything such as GPA, GRE, interview scores, etc. into a spreadsheet without our names on it and send it to the Admissions Comittee to decide who is accepted. They are taking 54 PT students and 30 OT (Possibly 42) and they are not allowed to send out decisions until after the New Year. I forgot why, but I definitely remember Emily saying that they won't send them out until then unless they find out that they are allowed to send them out earlier and this is for both interview dates at the St. Aug location. Hope I could help!

Today at the St. Augustine, Fl location they told us that they do what Teekam said. They put everything such as GPA, GRE, interview scores, etc. into a spreadsheet without our names on it and send it to the Admissions Comittee to decide who is accepted. They are taking 54 PT students and 30 OT (Possibly 42) and they are not allowed to send out decisions until after the New Year. I forgot why, but I definitely remember Emily saying that they won't send them out until then unless they find out that they are allowed to send them out earlier and this is for both interview dates at the St. Aug location. Hope I could help!

Thank you for clarifying that up for me! I guess they are cutting down the number to 54 from 65? Do you know if this is for only St. Augustine? Or for other campuses too? Anyone at San Marcos heard the same thing?

When I interviewed on Nov 18th @ san marcos, I remember them saying 65 students. I hope they aren't cutting it to 54.

Thank you for clarifying that up for me! I guess they are cutting down the number to 54 from 65? Do you know if this is for only St. Augustine? Or for other campuses too? Anyone at San Marcos heard the same thing?
They did not specify if it was only for the St. Augustine campus or for all of them.

Last edited:
How did you feel about your interview yesterday and the school?

Ugh this waiting game sucks! I wish they just told us after the interview if we got it :annoyed:

How did you feel about your interview yesterday and the school?

I feel fine about the interview, though I don't know that there was enough time to really gauge us. Mine was a group of 4 with 2 interviewers and we only had 30 mins. Other than that, it seems like a great school. They focus a lot on professionalism and clinical expertise.

how many candidates interviewed for the 2nd date?
I feel fine about the interview, though I don't know that there was enough time to really gauge us. Mine was a group of 4 with 2 interviewers and we only had 30 mins. Other than that, it seems like a great school. They focus a lot on professionalism and clinical expertise.

This wait is excruciating for those of us who interviewed on the first date.

I know that at the 18th interview date at the Austin campus they told us that they would make decisions 2-3 weeks after the 18th. So that would put us at the 9th of next week at the latest! I am hoping that they stick to this schedule because I have to make a decision by the 16th for another grad school that I just got accepted to

I know that at the 18th interview date at the Austin campus they told us that they would make decisions 2-3 weeks after the 18th. So that would put us at the 9th of next week at the latest! I am hoping that they stick to this schedule because I have to make a decision by the 16th for another grad school that I just got accepted to

Congrats! Where did you get in? If u don't mind asking? Would you choose St. Augustine if you get in here as well?

how many candidates interviewed for the 2nd date?

I'm not sure how many of us were interviewing for PT because the OT interviewees were also there. We were told they interview between 100-125 people for the 54 spots though.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what happens if you get an interview, but you live on the other side of America? Do you absolutely have to travel out to it? And if so, do they give you enough of a heads up to be able to book a flight, etc?

Hey everyone! Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what happens if you get an interview, but you live on the other side of America? Do you absolutely have to travel out to it? And if so, do they give you enough of a heads up to be able to book a flight, etc?
Hello! Honestly I'm not sure...but that sounds like a good question to ask one of their advisors. You can send them e-mails and they will generally respond within a week.

Congrats! Where did you get in? If u don't mind asking? Would you choose St. Augustine if you get in here as well?
Thanks! I got accepted to Texas State, and honestly I'm not sure. I feel like I'm leaning towards St. Augustine but we will have to see if I even get accepted haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! So I actually am finishing up my undergraduate degree in Oregon and I had to fly out for the interview for the Austin campus (I'm from Austin). I emailed Jimmy who is basically in charge of the interview event and he said that they were only doing in person interviews so I had to fly out for the interview. And I had a little over 2 weeks heads up but that can vary from person to person. He also gave be the option of doing the later interview date instead of the earlier one if I wanted which would have been nice if I found out last minute but luckily I had time to book a flight etc.

Hey! So I actually am finishing up my undergraduate degree in Oregon and I had to fly out for the interview for the Austin campus (I'm from Austin). I emailed Jimmy who is basically in charge of the interview event and he said that they were only doing in person interviews so I had to fly out for the interview. And I had a little over 2 weeks heads up but that can vary from person to person. He also gave be the option of doing the later interview date instead of the earlier one if I wanted which would have been nice if I found out last minute but luckily I had time to book a flight etc.
A little off topic, but has anybody heard back for the Austin campus Summer 2017 class yet? Acceptances or rejections?

Last edited:
Thanks! I got accepted to Texas State, and honestly I'm not sure. I feel like I'm leaning towards St. Augustine but we will have to see if I even get accepted haha

Nice! How is Texas State? Just out of curiosity, what makes you lean towards St. Augustine when Texas State only costs half of St. Augustine?