University of Southern California Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still on AC:thumbdown: they took 24 people off AC from Jan,Nov, and Feb interviews.... and the have not REJECTED anyone yet... AC is seriously a Joke.. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Congrats to those who got in.....

Members don't see this ad.

I am still on AC:thumbdown: they took 24 people off AC from Jan,Nov, and Feb interviews.... and the have not REJECTED anyone yet... AC is seriously a Joke.. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Same here, I just got the AC email.

So according to what dnguyen wrote.. they had accepted 165... now add the 24, that's 189 that have been accepted so far. But we shouldn't lose hope because i know a crap ton of people who have denied their acceptance offer. So they should be accepting more people soon. Hopefully. I'm just trying to stay positive. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Umm..does this means they already accept everyone and no more seats are opened?:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
im sweating bullets no ac email no acceptance, hoping to GOD i got an acceptance today ahhhh

Umm..does this means they already accept everyone and no more seats are opened?:scared:

Don't worry, I a lot of people decide not to attend USC. Many are still waiting to hear back from their top choice school.

For people who have been accepted this round, the deadline for deposit is May 6th. Hopefully there will be more people admitted after that point. GOOD LUCK!

I think there are seats opened because I know ALOT of people who have declined their acceptance offer. So more seats should open up and more people should be accepted. So don't lose hope! :xf:

im sweating bullets no ac email no acceptance, hoping to GOD i got an acceptance today ahhhh

I have not received an AC nor an acceptance!! Not sure what that means :scared: but I'm really hoping to see a yellow envelope when the mail man comes today!!
Keeping my :xf:

I got AC email this morning. I really don't care anymore.. so over the wait!:mad:

I got AC email this morning. I really don't care anymore.. so over the wait!:mad:

Same here. I think I'm throwing in the towel guys :(

Here's some updated info I gathered:

1st Interview Session:
150 Interviewed
50 Accepted
100 Hold

2nd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
3 Accepted from 1st Interview

3rd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
11 Accepted from 1st and 2nd Interview

4th Interview Session:
92 Interviewed
21 Accepted
71 Hold
24 Accepted from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Interview

Total Interviewed: 442
Total Acceptances: 189
Total AC list: 253

Nothing in the mail and no AC email yet!! This wait is killing me:mad:
Did everybody at least get something?!!!

They are not done sending emails out yet.. you still have a chance..you can get ur acceptance tomorrow... there is still hope...

Sami, were you previously put on AC, or did you interview in March?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up guys! There will be more movement in may & june :thumbup:

Just a heads up for those of you who have been accepted already from the previous cycles, Jim Granderson just sent out an email regarding the required health forms that must be submitted before mid-July. Check your emails! :)

Sami, were you previously put on AC, or did you interview in March?

I'm from the January interview cycle and was put on AC since then. Hope I get something from them tomorrow!:confused:

I'm from the January interview cycle and was put on AC since then. Hope I get something from them tomorrow!:confused:

I hope you get good news tomorrow.:xf:
I don't think it ever takes them more than 2 days to get all the AC emails out. ;) I wonder if anyone else is still waiting to know their status.

Anybody know what the parking situation is like? Is it hard to find parking and where do students usually park?

AHHHH! Just came home to a large yellow envelope!!!:soexcited: I interviewed waaaay back in Nov and was placed on AC.

So for those still on AC, don't lose hope!!:love:

just called admissions, here's what i got:

now up until school starts students on the active consideration list can be either accepted, denied before school starts, or will be on the ac list until school starts and then denied. admissions will make these decisions as they need to/as students decline their acceptance.

sooo basically it is waiting some more and more....

forgot to ask about how they select students off the ac list/if they would give an idea of where we are on the list....

Last edited:
I called the office yesterday and they said approximately 3 weeks.

I heard they can call you literally days before the program starts and give you a seat.. The problem is for those who were accepted to other schools such as Western for example.. start school the beginning of August where as usc starts Mid August... What do you do then if they call you and you have already started western?? I really hope this does not take more then a month...:xf::xf::xf:

I heard they can call you literally days before the program starts and give you a seat.. The problem is for those who were accepted to other schools such as Western for example.. start school the beginning of August where as usc starts Mid August... What do you do then if they call you and you have already started western?? I really hope this does not take more then a month...:xf::xf::xf:

Seriously...I feel like not waiting anymore because of this :thumbdown:

I was in the March 26th interview and have not yet heard anything from the school. No AC email or acceptance letter. Does anyone know what that means? :(

I was in the March 26th interview and have not yet heard anything from the school. No AC email or acceptance letter. Does anyone know what that means? :(

Did you check your spam folder? Mine was in there.

Super Sayn, thank you :)

I guess I will give her a call tomorrow...is so frustrating sitting and waiting and wasting my life...:(

Good luck! Hopefully, you were one of the 21 that got accepted.

I actually spoke with a student at Western who had a classmate with the same situation. School already started for Western and this classmate got an acceptance from USC just days before USC started. This student decided to drop out of Western and attend USC. I was pretty shocked because he/she had already paid tuition to Western. So I guess anything is possible but hopefully that won't happen to anyone else.

Same situation here Sami. I was from the November interview cycle and AC'd three times but now I have not received either an AC email nor an acceptance letter. I'm from NorCal but even if i did get an acceptance letter, i doubt it would take that long to get up here.

Same situation here Sami. I was from the November interview cycle and AC'd three times but now I have not received either an AC email nor an acceptance letter. I'm from NorCal but even if i did get an acceptance letter, i doubt it would take that long to get up here.

I actually called them today and they were suprised to hear that I had not recieved their email so they sent my AC email right away!! not happy to hear that I'm still on the AC list but at least now I know what my status is and don't have to wait anymore. Good luck to all of us on the AC list:xf:

Anybody know what the parking situation is like? Is it hard to find parking and where do students usually park?

Most students park in Lot 71, Biggy is really hard to get unless you're in campus housing. If you don't get 71 you'd be in South San Pablo lot. 1st year I was in 71, then I got a job on campus that was closer to SSP, so I switched to there. This year, I've been on rotation and decided to save the parking fees. If I have to be on campus, I'll park on Valley (no meters) or on Playground (behind USC University hospital, also no meters) It's a bit of a walk, but it's free. It's pretty easy to find parking first year because you get there so early. 2nd year it's crazy hard because you're not there until 1pm and all the spots are pretty much taken. There's usually someone from P1 pulling out and you can take their spot, but otherwise you're walking from the back side of the parking lot.

Thanks farmercyst. I have a personal question to ask you. Could I PM you?

Hey guys so i called USC today and this is what i was told.... Basically up until this point they have a full class. Everyone who has denied their acceptance up until last interview has been replaced with the people who were taken off AC list. So I am assuming 24 people had denied there acceptances bc they took 24 people off AC list. Now they are waiting to get responses from those 24 that were taken off AC and from the 21 from interview 4. From what I have read on this thread, there 2 people that are giving up their seats so far. Basically our chances are pretty slim, but if anyone decides to give up their seat they will remove from AC accordingly. The AC list is not ranked. They will reject and accept accordingly but for the most part they have to have a good amount of people on AC list even until the day the program starts and on that day or week they see everyone is there and no one has dropped they will send out all the rejection letters... Happy Waiting to ALL..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: this waiting is going to SUCK:thumbdown:

I forgot to ask them this question so If anyone calls the office again plz ask since we are not ranked how do they decide who they are going to pull off of AC list... Does the committee have a meeting and they make a decision together?? please post when you know :)

Last edited:
I forgot to ask them this question so If anyone calls the office again plz ask since we are not ranked how do they decide who they are going to pull off of AC list... Does the committee have a meeting and they make a decision together?? please post when you know :)

i called yesterday and asked that... supposedly they meet and re-evaluate every one.

For those on AC, did anyone get the expression of interest email from admissions office??

For those on AC, did anyone get the expression of interest email from admissions office??

Yes, I got it, but it doesn't let me save the typed information...
so I called admissions, and they told me to fax it to them...
I was wondering if it's only my problem...

it let me save it.. but what is very discouraging is the fact that the class is full and there are 215 people on Ac... :(:(:(..

for those planning on reapplying... starting next year all the schools are able to know details about your pharmcas and can see where you have applied too and been accepted/rejected too. read up on it to know the details.

Who else is on AC and didn't get the expression of interest e-mail?

it can take up to 2 to 3 days for them to send the emails to all 215 people on AC List.

I got the form and had problem saving the data on the PDF file as well :thumbdown:

Do you guys know when the email was sent?

Yes, I got it, but it doesn't let me save the typed information...
so I called admissions, and they told me to fax it to them...
I was wondering if it's only my problem...

It's just the pdf file. Some pdf forms won't allow you to save info you type into it (the UCSF supplemental was the same way). So you'll have to print it out once you fill it in and and just scan it if you want a copy for your records.

Goodluck