University of Southern California Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got off the phone with Jim, he said the letters were made today, but did not make today's mail. They will be sent off first thing tomorrow morning, which means we get them either Saturday or Monday.

Thank you for calling:) I think it makes me feel more anxious, but at least we know one more piece of information.

Members don't see this ad.

But when do AC e-mails go out? I think that knowing that would be more relaxing. :laugh:

Just got off the phone with Jim, he said the letters were made today, but did not make today's mail. They will be sent off first thing tomorrow morning, which means we get them either Saturday or Monday.

Thanks for the update. :woot:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think AC e-mails will go out Monday...

Is this simply speculation or do you actually have a reason to believe this? I think all this anxiety from expecting them to come on specific days is starting to drive us all insane. (unless it's just me)

Yeah it's REALLLY irritating it's not just you

Is this simply speculation or do you actually have a reason to believe this? I think all this anxiety from expecting them to come on specific days is starting to drive us all insane. (unless it's just me)

I can empathize with you all. I can only imagine how anxious I would be. Last year, it only took them 2.5 weeks to make decisions for this round of interview.

Well, the wait is over. If the letters were sent out this morning, some of you would receive it as early as tomorrow =).

Good Luck to all!!!

I totally agree.

Got an email... Active consideration. No one got denied. It'd be nice to know where on the ac list you're at.

Which interview session were you DGgirl?

I'm sorry btw

Got an email... Active consideration. No one got denied. It'd be nice to know where on the ac list you're at.

I'm sorry to hear that, but don't give up. There's still hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
DGgirl: In the email, did they give you any stats?

I interviewed on March 26, 2011. Here's what some of the email said:

Of the 92 applicants interviewed 21 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2011. There have been 71 applicants placed in an "active consideration" status. No applicants have been denied.

total of acceptances so far: 50,40,40, 21 and 11 from AC = 162
So they will accept 36 from AC list this time??
just simple calculations...

Of the 92 applicants interviewed 21 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2011. There have been 71 applicants placed in an "active consideration" status. No applicants have been denied.

Thank you.

I am so nervous. I don't want to receive the AC email. I interviewed in Jan.

Keep my fingers crossed.

AC listed once again. And it was in my Spam Folder just to rub it in. I give up.

Are they sending out AC emails alphabetically? I wish they would email everyone at once.

AC listed once again. And it was in my Spam Folder just to rub it in. I give up.

GetMeIn were you accepted to any other schools? If not will you be reapplying for a 3rd time? Did you apply early this second go around? I wish you all the best and I hope you get pulled off of the AC list :xf:

GetMeIn were you accepted to any other schools? If not will you be reapplying for a 3rd time? Did you apply early this second go around? I wish you all the best and I hope you get pulled off of the AC list :xf:

Thanx. Have not been accepted anywhere. Now waitlisted at Western and USC. (active consideration is a joke at USC) So I'm basically done. Dont know if I could put myself through this again.

Didn't get an AC e-mail so I hope this is good news :xf: Good luck everyone!! I hope we get this...

For those of you who got the email, did it say how many were pulled off the AC?

Did anyone get waitlisted? Do you guys know if those that will get waitlisted will get the news through e-mail or snail mail?

Thanx. Have not been accepted anywhere. Now waitlisted at Western and USC. (active consideration is a joke at USC) So I'm basically done. Dont know if I could put myself through this again.

Not sure what your situation is (whether you're restricted in terms of location), but you may want to consider applying to more schools in different areas. The more variety you have the greater your chances of getting accepted somewhere. Sorry to hear that you did not get in this cycle but if pharmacy is what you really want to do then apply to more than 2 schools. It will increase your chances of getting in somewhere. Just some friendly advice.:)

is there anyone here, who wasn't interviewed on march but got an AC email?

My first AC was received at 9:08PM

My second AC was received at 6:52PM

It seems like they only released decisions for the March interview and didn't decide for any of the previous interviews :(

My first AC was received at 9:08PM

My second AC was received at 6:52PM

Think about it, no one posted here that they got an AC letter and was from the Nov, Jan, or Feb interview. I was getting happy too then I realized that they didn't send ACs to those people. Last few interview rounds they sent ACs to everyone at the same time, but now I guess they decided to **** with us.

Darn it... :(

Anyone here from the March interview that didn't get an AC email?

Think about it, no one posted here that they got an AC letter and was from the Nov, Jan, or Feb interview. I was getting happy too then I realized that they didn't send ACs to those people. Last few interview rounds they sent ACs to everyone at the same time, but now I guess they decided to **** with us.

I think they're still deciding who to offer seats to from the Nov, Jan, & Feb AC list. Can anyone confirm this?

Yea I don't know why they do this... I interviewed November and in December they sent out AC e-mails over two different days... I didn't get one the first day and got my hopes up high then got it on the second day :oops:

Last edited:
you're right, I also realized that...that just sucks, its been such a long wait I interviewed back in Nov :( I wonder how long more they will take till they pull ppl off the AC!!!!

Thanks. Did it say stats about people pulled off AC? They usually give a stat.

Yea I don't know why they do this... I interviewed November and in December they sent out AC e-mails over two different days... I didn't get one the first day and got my hopes up high then got it on the second day :oops:

That sucks! And today is Friday, so it's safe to assume that additional AC emails won't go out until Monday.

COMPLETE BS WOW, they torture us with waiting just tell us if we are in or no! jesus....

That sucks! And today is Friday, so it's safe to assume that additional AC emails won't go out until Monday.

i interviewed march and didn't receive the ac email today. i hope i don't get it monday either lol :xf:

COMPLETE BS WOW, they torture us with waiting just tell us if we are in or no! jesus....

Remember many posts back, someone called USC and was told that we would definitely ALL know by the 24th (a Sunday)? DOUBLE BS!
:boom:

Ad com is messing with our minds. Haha.. I wonder if any of them check SDN.

Yea pretty much its all bs, we're losing our heads here, and everyone is taking their sweet time

Remember many posts back, someone called USC and was told that we would definitely ALL know by the 24th (a Sunday)? DOUBLE BS!

I was the one that called and thats the date the woman told me... I just spoke to two of my friends who interviewed in both jan and feb and none of them got anything either... so I wont get my hopes up high :(... Hopefully we hear something soon. I think everyone is somewhat equally qualified for the seats but it is just hard for them to decide who to give the seats too.. I wish the best for all of us... Good luck

KMARIE: When did you interview?