University of Minnesota- Twin Cities Secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bumpp

Members don't see this ad.

Any word on non edp interviews?

Any word on non edp interviews?
They have been interviewing for over a month now. I had a September interview.

Decisions will go out Dec 15th if you interview before then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there still a shot at getting an interview for the first wave?

hey, how long does it take them to get your LORs if sent by interfolio? and for those of you got interviews, how long was it after you became complete, and were you informed by email? thanks

Is there still a shot at getting an interview for the first wave?
I do not know, but would think it is still very possible. There is just less than two months left!

meanwhile while all of your are interviewing..

my SUPPLEMENTAL says that it has been submitted and changes can no longer be made. the thing is, i never submitted it and none of the essays are even in the document. i have called a bunch of times about it, but i keep getting transferred to tech and no one seems to be helping. boo. i feel like at this point it is better to cut my losses and not waste the money applying there just to get a piece of paper telling me i suck (i'm oos)

How long after you get the pre-secondary email do you actually get the email with the secondary invite?

i got all my stuff in long before the Oct 15 deadline but it took them forever to process my letters so they didn't get it complete until after the 15th............ does anyone know if they are going to keep processing apps or if they hold off and figure out the first round and then start again in january? thanks!

i got all my stuff in long before the Oct 15 deadline but it took them forever to process my letters so they didn't get it complete until after the 15th............ does anyone know if they are going to keep processing apps or if they hold off and figure out the first round and then start again in january? thanks!

You must also interview before Nov 15th to be in the first wave according to their processing timeline.

You must also interview before Nov 15th to be in the first wave according to their processing timeline.

right... but what i was wondering was whether they continue to process between october 15 and the mailing of the first round acceptances? or do they just wait until theyve figured out the first round and then go through the rest of the candidates?

right... but what i was wondering was whether they continue to process between october 15 and the mailing of the first round acceptances? or do they just wait until theyve figured out the first round and then go through the rest of the candidates?

Based on the lack of activity on this thread, I would assume the later. I'm just trying to be patient... only thing you can do now.

So... first wave folks, do we all find out ON December 15th? I dimly recall reading somewhere (or hearing somewhere) that Dr. White personally calls all the accepted people ? So would he basically be spending that entire day making calls, do you think ? Well, I guess that's an exaggeration... it'd probably only take a few hours.

I'm so nervous though. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email stating that my primary was verified and that a follow-up email will be sent with the link to the secondary. It's been nearly two weeks since the email and I haven't received the link. I found a link to the secondary on SDN and was able to create an account and log into the secondary. Does this mean that I've made it past the primary screen but just never received an email? I don't want to fill out and submit the secondary if I haven't received an invite to do so. But on the other hand, I'm in their system so what gives? Basically, I don't want to upset them or screw up their system. Any thoughts?

I received an email stating that my primary was verified and that a follow-up email will be sent with the link to the secondary. It's been nearly two weeks since the email and I haven't received the link. I found a link to the secondary on SDN and was able to create an account and log into the secondary. Does this mean that I've made it past the primary screen but just never received an email? I don't want to fill out and submit the secondary if I haven't received an invite to do so. But on the other hand, I'm in their system so what gives? Basically, I don't want to upset them or screw up their system. Any thoughts?

that happened to me too. i got that email and then they sent me the secondary a few weeks later. i don't know, if i were you i would just wait.. or call them and ask. i just waited personally.

I called them and the interview coordinator said that anyone interviewed in November will likely be notified in December. The wave thingie is more of a guideline rather than a set of requirements.

Does anyone have any statistics as far as post interview acceptances given out, in-state v. out-of-state?

So I got a snail mail rejection today pre-interview, which kind of surprised me. I know my stats aren't the greatest, but I thought I'd at least get an interview from them. What's really confusing is that the letter is worded more like a post-interview review rejection. Instead of stating that they regret to inform me that will be unable to offer me an interview (like some of the others I received), the letter stated that they will be unable to offer me a spot in the 2009 entering class. Anyone else have something similar? Or do they just use a standard rejection letter for all applicants?

So I got a snail mail rejection today pre-interview, which kind of surprised me. I know my stats aren't the greatest, but I thought I'd at least get an interview from them. What's really confusing is that the letter is worded more like a post-interview review rejection. Instead of stating that they regret to inform me that will be unable to offer me an interview (like some of the others I received), the letter stated that they will be unable to offer me a spot in the 2009 entering class. Anyone else have something similar? Or do they just use a standard rejection letter for all applicants?

Minnesota duluth says the same thing for their pre-interview rejections. I assume its what they send to everyone

Did anyone go to the free coffee thing. Was it helpful/worth it? I'm driving to interview in the morning (live in the burbs) and trying to decide if its worth the commute into the city the night before as well.

hey, did anyone get a call from a dean yesterday?

I plan on going to mine in late November. It's always good to get an insider's perspective on how the school is without the whole interview thing hanging over your head.

---

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have called any applicants to notify them of an acceptance? A friend of mine said that he knows of someone that has already been accepted at the twin cities...could have been to the Duluth campus though.

does minnesota send you an email telling you that you are complete ? i am just wondering because some schools do .

does minnesota send you an email telling you that you are complete ? i am just wondering because some schools do .

I never got one.. but if you log into the supplemental app site you can check your status on the side. It will give you a list of the items and whether or not they've been received. When all of them are complete it will tell you so - that means it's complete....

k i know that seemed like a dumb question but when i log in everything has been received but it says incomplete. so i'm confused. ugh

So... did anyone interview in October? If so, have you heard back from them yet re: decision? I hate waiting. :scared:

I interviewed middle of October...haven't heard anything yet. We were told that calls would be going out sometime in the middle of December. However, like I stated previously, I had a friend tell me that they had already accepted a friend of his. Again, that could have been for the Duluth Campus though.

I interviewed middle of October...haven't heard anything yet. We were told that calls would be going out sometime in the middle of December. However, like I stated previously, I had a friend tell me that they had already accepted a friend of his. Again, that could have been for the Duluth Campus though.

I thought I heard the same. And the date December 15th comes to mind for some reason. But I'm unclear as to whether that's the date when everyone finds out their status OR whether that's just a deadline for when all first wave interviewees will be informed of their status.

Also, I saw someone on MDApps who interviewed end of Sept and got their acceptance end of Oct.

k i know that seemed like a dumb question but when i log in everything has been received but it says incomplete. so i'm confused. ugh

you should call them they were pretty helpful when i called..

Bump... did anyone who interviewed in Oct hear back yet?? I'm sitting on my hands to try to keep from calling the admissions office and bugging them to see when they're releasing decisions... well, I know it's either going to be this week, or in the next two weeks... but I wish I knew for sure so if it's not going to be this week, I'm not obsessively checking my cell phone all day.

Bump... did anyone who interviewed in Oct hear back yet?? I'm sitting on my hands to try to keep from calling the admissions office and bugging them to see when they're releasing decisions... well, I know it's either going to be this week, or in the next two weeks... but I wish I knew for sure so if it's not going to be this week, I'm not obsessively checking my cell phone all day.

I interviewed in oct and have not heard back yet. Why do you think it will be this week or the next couple weeks? At my interview they only said we would hear by the end of december...

I also interviewed in Oct and have not heard anything. We were told that calls would be going out by December 15th.

I also interviewed in Oct and have not heard anything. We were told that calls would be going out by December 15th.

Oh good. So I wasn't hallucinating about the Dec 15th date :laugh: Well, I thought I *might* hear back this week 'cuz it's been about a month since my interview, and apparently some interviewees in late Sept got notified of their acceptances 1 month later in late Oct. Did you guys interview early Oct or late Oct? If it's been more than a month, I'm thinking maybe they're releasing acceptances all in one batch in Dec or something...

apparently some interviewees in late Sept got notified of their acceptances 1 month later in late Oct

Maybe they were EDP or is that too late for an EDP interview?

Does anyone know how long they give you between offering you an acceptance and requiring your decision? Or if there is a deadline?

Maybe they were EDP or is that too late for an EDP interview?

I guess you're right. No news from the front yet... guess we'll start hearing back next week post-holidays?? :xf:

I guess you're right. No news from the front yet... guess we'll start hearing back next week post-holidays?? :xf:
There was only one person that was (or claimed to be) accepted in October (that posted on SDN). I called the office about a month ago and they said 'first round' applicants will hear by the end of December.

Hope that helps!

Wow - just got an interview at University of Minnesota - did not see that coming! The interview is in mid December (dec 15th I think). I am out of state, with average numbers, complete mid to late August!! So stay hopeful everyone!!

Any news yet, guys? I hate how they've already got decisions made but aren't releasing the information yet. :( Put me out of my misery already! lol

Btw, do you think rejections/wait lists will be by e-mail or snail mail? IF we get a call from Dr. White, can we assume he's calling about an acceptance? I don't want to get a call & get all excited, then get shut down. :laugh:

Any news yet, guys? I hate how they've already got decisions made but aren't releasing the information yet. :( Put me out of my misery already! lol

Btw, do you think rejections/wait lists will be by e-mail or snail mail? IF we get a call from Dr. White, can we assume he's calling about an acceptance? I don't want to get a call & get all excited, then get shut down. :laugh:

When i was there he said if he is calling, "its not just to talk" and that it would be good news. I cant imagine any admissions offices calling people to reject them... Also, how do you know they have decisions made already?

Hi - I am interviewing next week, does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Or just information about what their interview day was like? I'm a little nervous for the weather, I am from the West Coast - our coldest part of winter rarely drops below 30 degrees.. I already reviewed the interview feedback, but would love any more information on what to expect! Thanks in advance

RJones7, I interviewed in October and have not heard anything back so take this for what it is worth.

If you have had other interviews, definitely don't sweat the first interview with a physician (mine was with a physician anyways). The interview was serious, yet it was a relaxing conversation. With that being said, do prepare for your second interview with the M4 student. They (tour guides) will tell you throughout the day that the "second interview is a breeze" but they are the one's that will be asking you the very formal "why do you want to be a doctor" type questions.

Overall, I had a great day and will be going there if accepted. Just be yourself...good luck! Almost forgot, it will more than likely be less than 30 degrees.

Hi - I am interviewing next week, does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Or just information about what their interview day was like? I'm a little nervous for the weather, I am from the West Coast - our coldest part of winter rarely drops below 30 degrees.. I already reviewed the interview feedback, but would love any more information on what to expect! Thanks in advance
Its very cold, but hey at least you'll get to see some snow close to the holidays.
The interview day was pretty relaxed in my opinion. The assistant dean gives a little powerpoint and the fin aid person also gives some info. Then you have the faculty interviews. If you are not interviewing you can walk around or hang out in the lounge. After the interviews we sat in on an ms2 class which was nice. Next we ate. I must say it was one of the better interview day lunches. They take you to hospital cafeteria and give you voucher to get whatever you want. I remember my tour guide telling us that the guides compete to see who can eat the most and he once spent like $25 on lunch for himself during a tour. It was pretty funny. After lunch we finished the tour and were taken to our MS4 student interviews. I was nervous about this but it ended up being very relaxed and conversational. After that you're done. Good interview day overall.

When i was there he said if he is calling, "its not just to talk" and that it would be good news. I cant imagine any admissions offices calling people to reject them... Also, how do you know they have decisions made already?

That's good to know. Well, I remember Dr. White said that last cycle they used to release the acceptances right after the committee meets and make the decisions each week. But according to Dr. White, it got to be too much work dealing with people calling in for status updates, plus making calls each week, it was like he did nothing but make calls. So that's why this yr they're holding everything together & releasing things all at once... at least, something to that effect is what I remember him saying.

So based on that, I'm assuming the committee met the week after my interview (which was loooong ago), and likely already have a decision. I don't know. That's just an educated guess based on what he said.

Well, the 15th is getting very close, does anyone know if tomorrow is the day that Dr. White will be making phone calls? If you don't get a call tomorrow, is it safe to assume that we did not get accepted?

I interviewed in October, and I don't recall Dec. 15th as a call deadline. I remember them saying "by the end of December." However, it does make sense for the calls to go out this week, right? It would be odd for them to call over the holidays.

Also, has anybody been able to clarify whether or not we get a rejection/waitlist letter this month? Or do we just have to assume non-acceptance if we don't receive a call?

The waiting is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.