2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the same boat as you. Do you plan on contacting adcom?
No because it’s just a WL or an R anyway so it’s not going to factor into my school decision for months

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone familiar with the area around the med school? Where do most students live? I'm looking into housing and a majority of the apartment buildings in the Prospect Park area have terrible reviews.

Is anyone familiar with the area around the med school? Where do most students live? I'm looking into housing and a majority of the apartment buildings in the Prospect Park area have terrible reviews.

There is a really wide variety of housing options. Some people live at the apartments that are essentially on campus and some people live in the suburbs and commute in. I would say that most first and second year med students live in/near the Prospect Park area. There are certainly a mix of apartments there—some nice and some not so nice. A bunch of my classmates live at the Max which doesn’t allow undergraduates (which is a plus), and they really like it. A smaller number of people live downtown and take the train to campus. It can get a little pricy depending on where you are looking, but there are lots of great options! The three medical frats are another option - they offer really cheap rent and a built-in community, and I think about 20 people from my class live there.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
december interviewees...are we even going to get an update?
I emailed admissions a little while ago and was told to expect a decision in 1-3 weeks. It's gonna be different for everyone though depending on how quickly you go through each stage of review. Hope that helps a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed admissions a little while ago and was told to expect a decision in 1-3 weeks. It's gonna be different for everyone though depending on how quickly you go through each stage of review. Hope that helps a bit.
When did you interview?

post-II R. OOS LizzyM 70. really odd thought I crushed the interview. Oh well. Interviewed Jan 11.

Last edited:
  • Care
WL. OOS LM 74. Interviewed 12/16. Just shy of 16 weeks…

Just got rejected, interviewed 12/14. Today is my b-day so this one hurts a little extra lmao

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Any idea of when us feb interviewers gonna hear back? I don't expect much at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R, mid December interview.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just recieved my financial aid estimate from the fin aid office. Is this office in charge of scholarship awards? Asking because I am trying to gauge if there is still a possibility of receiving something later on down the line or if the numbers I see are set in stone. Trying to accurately compare the total COA between schools before the CTE deadline

I just recieved my financial aid estimate from the fin aid office. Is this office in charge of scholarship awards? Asking because I am trying to gauge if there is still a possibility of receiving something later on down the line or if the numbers I see are set in stone. Trying to accurately compare the total COA between schools before the CTE deadline
Admissions is in charge of merit scholarship offers, while financial aid is in charge of need-based scholarships.

At this point, it’s relatively unlikely that you will receive a merit-based scholarship, as it will require other students to decline their offer. Still a possibility though.

Very curious if anyone has applied to any other schools with rolling admissions this cycle that are taking as long as UMN to make decisions? The fact that December interviewees are just hearing back is ridiculous. Like is every school behind this year or is UMN just particularly slow?

so i could be sitting on the waitlist till september??
For UMN at least, the second day of orientation is the deadline for people who have committed to show up in person, so (while highly unlikely) technically someone COULD hear back in late August.

Realistically, you will know for sure a few days after the CTE deadline. It was July 1 last year, assuming it’s the same this year.

i looked at last years thread and at this time, January ppl were hearing back loll they must be really behind

So I take it there will hardly be any waitlist movement like last year if they are years behind again

when us feb interviewers gonna hear back? Don't expect much at this point but I'd like to know.

when us feb interviewers gonna hear back? Don't expect much at this point but I'd like to know.
I think the committee might meet biweekly? That’s what it looks like from last years thread, so we might hear more next week. Otherwise I’m wondering if they’ll tell us more after the PTE deadline… just speculation though. I interviewed 1/25 I feel u :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think the committee might meet biweekly? That’s what it looks like from last years thread, so we might hear more next week. Otherwise I’m wondering if they’ll tell us more after the PTE deadline… just speculation though. I interviewed 1/25 I feel u :/
Have any Jan interviews heard back? seems like the committee should be meeting more than bi-weekly bc IDK how TF they are gonna finish reviewing everyone before the end of the cycle at this rate..

Have any Jan interviews heard back? seems like the committee should be meeting more than bi-weekly bc IDK how TF they are gonna finish reviewing everyone before the end of the cycle at this rate..
This is super frustrating since Minnesota is my top choice and it seems like I will be in waitlist purgatory for quite some time

so one of my friend's cousins is an M4 here and he told me that they are behind but they should get done with decisions in the next two weeks.

I interviewed 1/13 and was waitlisted on 4/5.

• Care
Still alive 🥲🥲🥲 thankful & hopeful🤞Waitlisted today, interviewed late Jan.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
omg does this mean they are on January now???
Last year they did not come out with the ranked waitlist until July because they were so behind reviewing applicants. So potentially they are on February now? Have they not learned from last year? Or is this an improvement from last year lol?

Does anyone know when Minnesota interviewed until? I hope they get through these applicants quickly so those on the waitlist will know their fate.

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

me a feb interviewer

Last year they did not come out with the ranked waitlist until July because they were so behind reviewing applicants. So potentially they are on February now? Have they not learned from last year? Or is this an improvement from last year lol?

Does anyone know when Minnesota interviewed until? I hope they get through these applicants quickly so those on the waitlist will know their fate.
I interviewed in March lol

• Wow
Any idea of when us feb interviewers should hear back?

EDIT: I think next week because that would be the 12 week mark.

Last edited:
anyone heard anything about next years application and how they might combine the duluth/TC application and then u choose one

If I'm not mistaken, this should be the 12th week since the first week of Feb Interviews so should we hear something this week?

If I'm not mistaken, this should be the 12th week since the first week of Feb Interviews so should we hear something this week?
UMN is ridiculous. Most waitlist movements should start occurring in a week. Meanwhile, they haven't finished putting people on the WL/R for people they interviewed over 3 months ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Today literally marks the 12th week since I interviewed so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• Wow