\\***University of Michigan Class of 2011***//

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This isn't the Duke thread, and you aren't FemalesCantDrive. I think as May approaches things will pick up.

Either way, his approach appears to be working some...page 5, here we come.:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't the Duke thread, and you aren't FemalesCantDrive. I think as May approaches things will pick up.
No this is the Michigan thread and I am Hednej.
Don't be such a downer Humble.
If I had gotten a scholarship I think I would be posting a whole lot more over here...
Ah, would you love a woman more just because she is richer and pays for your dinner dates? (OK maybe yes, but you guys get the point, right?)

Ah, would you love a woman more just because she is richer and pays for your dinner dates? (OK maybe yes, but you guys get the point, right?)

Wow, a couple hours away from this thread and now I'm totally lost...

BTW, who's afraid that they will freeze their ass off in Michigan?

Oh it's only April and snowing. Nothing to be afraid of...

I think your statement would be more calming if you threw a Bwaaahhhaaahhaa at the end.

EDIT: I'm sorry you guys for single-handedly hijacking this thread. I hurt my leg playing soccer and now can't even go to the fridge to grab a coke. I'm basically glued to my computer for a while :(

I hurt my leg playing soccer and now can't even go to the fridge to grab a coke. I'm basically glued to my computer for a while :(

Hey, you play soccer? Now we gotta go to Michigan, so we can dominate IMs :smuggrin:

Hey, you play soccer? Now we gotta go to Michigan, so we can dominate IMs :smuggrin:

Hallelujah, someone else who's going to Michigan plays soccer too. Yay:D
I don't know about dominating the IMs, I'm not that great, but I can hold my own. Although I think we'll just be playing indoor for the majority of the year.
I hope I haven't injured my ACL with this little incident, I'll find out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

The M1s have dominated a lot of IM sports this year... quite a few championships have gone to M1 teams. Come continue the tradition! :D

The M1s have dominated a lot of IM sports this year... quite a few championships have gone to M1 teams. Come continue the tradition! :D

We're taking you up on that- I've played a lot of broomball and I definitely have a solid grounding in the strategies to avoid because they've never led to a win.

Members don't see this ad :)
UMich class of 2011 IM Teams:

Indoor soccer:
Hednej
Captain Nemo

Broomball:
thewarehouse
Hednej

Are all the IM sports co-ed? Do they have a volleyball, basketball, or softball team?

Are all the IM sports co-ed? Do they have a volleyball, basketball, or softball team?

They have basically any sport imaginable - volleyball (sand and indoor), basketball (3on3 and 5on5), and softball, inner tube water polo, flag football, badminton, wallyball, dodgeball, table tennis, tennis, ultimate, field hockey...

Most sports have separate divisions for co-ed and men/women only.. you can check out the full list here.

They have basically any sport imaginable - volleyball (sand and indoor), basketball (3on3 and 5on5), and softball, inner tube water polo, flag football, badminton, wallyball, dodgeball, table tennis, tennis, ultimate, field hockey...

Most sports have separate divisions for co-ed and men/women only.. you can check out the full list here.

hehe, thanks god classes are pass/fail the first two years.

Well folks, it looks like I have a torn ACL, so expect to see a lot more posts in the next month or so :laugh:

Did anyone else who is an in-state student get curiously classified as an out of state student? Apparently because I worked over the summer in California (in a state that actually has jobs), I have to submit this form asking every place I've ever lived, every job I've ever worked, and copies of mine and my parents taxes - both federal and Michigan. Stupid U of M....

And for those that are curious, the snow has now turned to freezing rain. I hate this state.

And for those that are curious, the snow has now turned to freezing rain. I hate this state.

oh, come on... April showers bring May flowers :p

hehe, thanks god classes are pass/fail the first two years.

Yeah- that's going to be a very welcome change. That sucks about your ACL- I hope you're feeling better by the time IM seasons come around.

Yeah- that's going to be a very welcome change. That sucks about your ACL- I hope you're feeling better by the time IM seasons come around.

Ah thanks. Total recovery time = 6 months. Sounds about right when the IM seasons would start.

Did anyone else who is an in-state student get curiously classified as an out of state student? Apparently because I worked over the summer in California (in a state that actually has jobs), I have to submit this form asking every place I've ever lived, every job I've ever worked, and copies of mine and my parents taxes - both federal and Michigan. Stupid U of M....

yes! same thing happened to me because i worked in illinois for the summer. but i just called the residency office and they fixed it, so i didnt have to do the paperwork. I would try that before filling out all that stuff because your situation sounds similar to mine.

and about hating this state I completely agree...lived here my whole life and it never ceases to disappoint me...

But next week will be in the high 40s! Yeah, I hate this state too :laugh:

But next week will be in the high 40s! Yeah, I hate this state too :laugh:

well let's talk about smt more positive then.

Has anybody seen Letters from Iwo Jima? It's an amazing movie.

Hednej, how'd you tear your ACL?

PS Add me to the broomball team, I'll start training now.

Hey Hednej, is your avatar from South Park? If it's what I'm thinking it is, that episode was HILARIOUS.

That's so sad. I wonder if the lack of USC representation is due to applicant choice or admission office disgust. Well at least there will be one Trojan in the class of 2011.

That's so sad. I wonder if the lack of USC representation is due to applicant choice or admission office disgust. Well at least there will be one Trojan in the class of 2011.

well, maybe if USC hadn't beat michigan's ass in the last couple rose bowls, there would be more trojans in the entering class...

(still hurting from personally watching michigan get creamed three years ago....)

just kidding. welcome to michigan and enjoy the big house!

add me to the broomball list too...I played so crappy this year, I'm gonna try and get some of those fancy broomball shoes for next year :)

add me to the broomball list too...I played so crappy this year, I'm gonna try and get some of those fancy broomball shoes for next year :)

I need to get knee pads... every year I forget to pick some up and I get really banged up skidding around on the ice trying to play defense. If we're going to beat the M2s we have to go all out-

Are we going out as a group either on Fri or Sat night? I vote that we completely take over Ricks or squeeze into Mitch's.

Hey Hednej, is your avatar from South Park? If it's what I'm thinking it is, that episode was HILARIOUS.

omg you're right. *sweet* lol

Yeah I know. That episode WAS hillarious, but I think the new season is the absolute best in SP's history.

Anyways, sorry for the lack of irrelevant posts guys. I am back.

I think usually for the second look, one of the fraternities throws a party. Am I right?

Are we going out as a group either on Fri or Sat night? I vote that we completely take over Ricks or squeeze into Mitch's.

I vote for Rick's, but Mitch's isn't too bad either.

I just like Mitch's because they were selling off a ton of dirt cheap green beer a few days after St. Patty's...made for a fun night

I vote for Rick's, but Mitch's isn't too bad either.

And Rick's is smoke-free!!!

We had an M1 bar crawl at the beginning of our year that was organized by a classmate -- we took over quite a few bars that night :D

And Rick's is smoke-free!!!

We had an M1 bar crawl at the beginning of our year that was organized by a classmate -- we took over quite a few bars that night :D

I definitely vote for Rick's because it's smoke free.

So how many of you have committed already? I'm looking forward to meeting you all, my future classmates, at 2nd look...

PS- can we get some energy on this thread?? The utter lack of excitement is highly un-Michigan-like...

:eek:
Gross. I'll lower myself for the Brown Jug (which is rarely very smokey), but never Mitch's or Rick's. I vote we let the ragamuffins head to Rick's or Mitch's, and the true connoisseurs can meet up at Ashley's for one of their over 60 primo beers on tap, or if we're in the mood for a mixed drink we could head over to Bab's Underground (they have cognac and cigar packages - it's for the sophistocate grad students of Ann Arbor).

I feel kind of odd coming to second look as I'm probably strongly favoring Penn right now. I'm open to anything, but the outlook for me staying in AA is about as good as the weather forecast right now (it's raining btw).

So how many of you have committed already? I'm looking forward to meeting you all, my future classmates, at 2nd look...

PS- can we get some energy on this thread?? The utter lack of excitement is highly un-Michigan-like...

That's what I'm saying. "Let's get it started in here!"

Hey guys - you're going to love it at Michigan...best med school ever IMO. I'm a graduating M4 and am selling my condo near the med center (check out my ad on the classified section) or renting it out. If you're coming for second look weekend and want to check it out, PM me and we can set something up. It's an awesome condo and super convenient to the med school and hospital.

Good luck and GO BLUE!!!

Hey guys - you're going to love it at Michigan...best med school ever IMO. I'm a graduating M4 and am selling my condo near the med center (check out my ad on the classified section) or renting it out. If you're coming for second look weekend and want to check it out, PM me and we can set something up. It's an awesome condo and super convenient to the med school and hospital.

Good luck and GO BLUE!!!

It's funny (or sad) that the only love this thread gets is from condo sellers :D
PS: No Offense to GoBlue, sounds like a great deal.

Just got off the wait list for second look weekend! Very excited to meet all of you :D

I think usually for the second look, one of the fraternities throws a party. Am I right?
That may be the case, but will not be one of the "official" social events planned for the weekend. There are definitely a couple of very fun nights planned:hardy: , but you'll have to wait for all of the details.

:eek:
Gross. I'll lower myself for the Brown Jug (which is rarely very smokey), but never Mitch's or Rick's. I vote we let the ragamuffins head to Rick's or Mitch's, and the true connoisseurs can meet up at Ashley's for one of their over 60 primo beers on tap, or if we're in the mood for a mixed drink we could head over to Bab's Underground (they have cognac and cigar packages - it's for the sophistocate grad students of Ann Arbor)

I don't know about the grad student cognac/cigar thing, but Ashley's does have a great selection of beers and it's definitely my favorite bar around central campus. Still, though, I think Rick's would be better for a walk around and get to know other people type of event. Ashley's is better for sitting with a few friends at a table and having a good beer.

yeah I guess I'm just not that sophisticated....if anyone wants to get $hitty and have some fun they can come out with me and warehouse and then after the bars close there's a party at my house on the 4th