\\***University of Michigan Class of 2011***//

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lorienne7

Austenophile
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In honor of the fact that I got my official acceptance letter in the mail today, I thought I'd start this thread! So I'll start the ball rolling, what's the difference between Second Look Weekend and Welcome Weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

Sniff :( no Michigan love?

Hey...if you follow the link in the M-Pulse email, you can see a facebook with all the accepted students so far!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey...if you follow the link in the M-Pulse email, you can see a facebook with all the accepted students so far! I'm on page 7, row 3, column 4. I wish I'd known that picture would be going around...it was taken while I was trashed at a party but it was the only one I could find.

Hey, you interviewed on the same day I did! I don't think we met but as soon as I got the facebook of admitted students thingy I looked through it to see which people from our interview day got in. Anyhoo, your pic is fine - you don't look drunk, you just look happy :) btw, I'm on page 8, row 2, column 1

Cool! I don't remember you from the interview day either...11/03? There were a lot of people though so that's not so weird. So what's the likelihood that you'll take UM's offer? I still haven't heard back from most of my schools but honestly, it would take a lot to dissuade me from going to UM.

Cool! I don't remember you from the interview day either...11/03? There were a lot of people though so that's not so weird. So what's the likelihood that you'll take UM's offer? I still haven't heard back from most of my schools but honestly, it would take a lot to dissuade me from going to UM.

Yup, 11/03. As for accepting the offer, I'm in the same boat - I LOVED UM and so far have not found a school I like better. I have a few schools I'm still considering but not many. Isn't it such a relief to know that no matter what else happens in this crazy process, we're definitely going to a great school? The only downside is the unfortunate case of senioritis I'm getting as a result :rolleyes:

Hey, you know what? My original question is still yearning to be answered.

From the UMMS Admitted Students Website:
4/6 - 4/15: Welcome Weekend
5/5 - 5/7: Second Look Weekend

I know what Second Look is but what is Welcome Weekend? And why is it nine days long?? Since when are weekends nine days long? Hmmm, I wish this weekend had been nine days long, then I would have had plenty of time to write these stupid final papers :mad:

what's the difference between Second Look Weekend and Welcome Weekend?

The second look weekend is built in for people who have been accepted to multiple schools. It is there to give you the chance to see more of what UM has to offer in an attempt to convince you to come (but seriously, who wouldn't want to be there?).

Welcome weekend is more like an orientation

An orientation? So if we're unsure we will go to UM, is it worth it to go to welcome weekend?

Welcome weekend is only for people who are going to UMMS for sure. It's the week before classes start. There's a white coat ceremony where you get your professional garb (free, but never the right size) and this year we all got free stethoscopes. You also set up your computer, learn how to use the different online systems, learn and pass adult/child CPR (required for everyone, even former EMTs) and then there's a fun "challenge course" activity. Plus lots of nightly events at local bars/clubs so that when classes start you know your fellow students.

Second look weekend is for accepted students, but spaces are limited so if you are sitting on the fence about UMich I highly recommend you go. I was choosing between Duke and UMich, went to both their second look weekends and discovered I liked the program and people in Michigan better. I think our second look weekend is awesome mainly because the M1s organize it and they have a better idea of what students want to see than the admins.

I'm pretty sure Welcome Weekend is for URM admitted students, and second look is for, um, "regular" admitted students. Though there were still URMs at second look when I went, so I think they get to choose. Not sure why it's listed as being nine days long, though...

Chinorean, what you're describing is just called "Orientation," I think, and takes place in August.

Oh, and congrats admits! Now go find some more and direct them here! :p

Chinorean, what you're describing is just called "Orientation," I think, and takes place in August.

Oh whoops...good call Dajimmers. See you BRIGHT AND EARLY tomorrow. Emphasis on the early.

Hey Everyone. Congrats on Getting In! :clap: :hardy: :thumbup:

By the way, if you start or are among the first people in the "Class of" thread, you're legally obligated to attend. You might as well go ahead and withdraw everyewhere else - We'll see you in Ann Arbor in August! :D

The nine day Welcome Weekend has to be a mistake. It's just a normal weekend. Welcome Weekend is generally more attended by URMs because the BMA and LANAMA hold events and info sessions that weekend. It is open, however, to anyone who has been accepted.

Second Look Weekend is yet another weekend (open to anyone) where you get to come to campus, and learn more about what the school is all about.

They're both a lot of fun, and highly recommended whether you're on the fence or not (but especially if you are). Actually, even if you're not quite "on the fence" spending either of those weekends in Ann Arbor could likely not just put you on the fence, but pull you over to the good side! ;)

GO BLUE!

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, if you start or are among the first people in the "Class of" thread, you're legally obligated to attend. You might as well go ahead and withdraw everyewhere else - We'll see you in Ann Arbor in August! :D

GO BLUE!
lol, as of right now, the chances are very good that that will happen. So far, I haven't been to a school that I've liked better :)
And now for a question that will reveal how new I am to Michigan: Why do people say "Go Blue"? Why not "Go Wolverines"?

Btw, thanks for clearing up the difference between the two weekends guys!

And now for a question that will reveal how new I am to Michigan: Why do people say "Go Blue"? Why not "Go Wolverines"?
Hhmmm, I've never asked that question, but I don't think there is any particular story behind it.

I'd guess that it is simple conservation of syllables. It's a lot easier to yell "Go Blue!" than "Go Wolverines!" I guess by now it's just tradition.

Anyone have any idea where they are going to live. I would really want to live close to the med center since I hate walking far in the cold. Anyone have any good ideas?

Anyone have any idea where they are going to live. I would really want to live close to the med center since I hate walking far in the cold. Anyone have any good ideas?

Hey P-

I'm an undergrad at UM right now (not sure yet about next year but leaning towards UMMS pending a few other decisions / financial aid stuff). Right now I live about 5 min (walking) south of the med campus, right in between the med school and the undergrad area. I love it here because it's close to all the libraries, the gym, restaurants, and pretty much everything. The only problem with this area is that all the apartments/houses get scooped up pretty quick by undergrads and most are already taken.

I think for next year the best bet for places close to the med school are going to be on the north side of the med campus at the island drive apartments and the other ones in that area. That's probably a 5 minute walk to the med campus too (people who live there- correct me if i'm wrong) but then about a 15 minute walk to the undergrad area of campus. I'm guessing they'll have plenty of openings until 2nd look weekend... What does everyone else think?

Yo all. I'm an M4 at Michigan.

If walking to school is your priority (as it was for me), the best options are either:

1) The White Coat Ghetto: fondly named for the high number of med students and nursing students that live in this group of apartments/condos right across the street from the hospital. Includes Island Drive Apartments, Med Center Court, Riverhouse Condos, and Neilson Court (condos).

2) Kerrytown: If you're looking for a cuter, more residential neighborhood, this area of town is due west of the medical campus and still within easy walking distance. It's quintessential Ann Arbor. Also within easy walking distance to downtown and the Farmer's Market (which is located in Kerrytown). I lived here for 2 years and LOVED IT. I shared a house with 5 other girls (it was a blast!), but there are also plenty of houses that are broken up into smaller 1 or 2 bedroom apartments.

My personal opinion is that it's easier to find an apartment in the White Coat Ghetto (super easy to rent an apartment if you are coming from out of town bc you don't really need to "shop around" and they always have apartments available), but Kerrytown has a *lot* more character if you're willing to put in the research to find a place. I suggest Craigslist.

Hhmmm, I've never asked that question, but I don't think there is any particular story behind it.

I'd guess that it is simple conservation of syllables. It's a lot easier to yell "Go Blue!" than "Go Wolverines!" I guess by now it's just tradition.

you might be right, if you believe this letter from "Michigan Today":

I originated the cheer during Michigan's 1947 baseball season.

At that time, M-Club members would sit together at various athletic events to support the members of other varsity teams. We even had a special M-Club section at the basketball games, then played in Yost Field House. Members of the athletic teams were quite supportive of all of the other teams during the 1946-51 period.

During the 1947 baseball season, I began cheering, "Go Blue" and "Let's Go Blue" as an alternative to the lengthier cheers, such as "locomotives" in use at the time. The brief "Go Blue" and "Let's Go Blue" could be cheered while batters came to the plate without disrupting the flow of the game.

Other members of our M-Club section picked up the cheers, and we had quite a loud, supportive group. Next fall, I continued the cheer in support of the 1947 National Champion football team. And during the 1947-48 basketball season, our M-Club cheering section rooted the team to Michigan's first Big 10 basketball championship in many years with lots of "Let's Go Blue's."

After graduating in 1951, I was away from Michigan for several years. When I returned for a football game in the early 1960s, I was astounded to hear thousands of Michigan fans chanting, "Let's Go Blue." I have been a football season ticket holder since 1965, and during that time I have felt a sense o pride each time I've heard the Michigan fans cheer the "Let's Go Blue" I first cheered in the Spring of 1947.

Charles J. Moss '51
Midland, Michigan

you might be right, if you believe this letter from "Michigan Today":

I originated the cheer during Michigan's 1947 baseball season.

At that time, M-Club members would sit together at various athletic events to support the members of other varsity teams. We even had a special M-Club section at the basketball games, then played in Yost Field House. Members of the athletic teams were quite supportive of all of the other teams during the 1946-51 period.

During the 1947 baseball season, I began cheering, "Go Blue" and "Let's Go Blue" as an alternative to the lengthier cheers, such as "locomotives" in use at the time. The brief "Go Blue" and "Let's Go Blue" could be cheered while batters came to the plate without disrupting the flow of the game.

Other members of our M-Club section picked up the cheers, and we had quite a loud, supportive group. Next fall, I continued the cheer in support of the 1947 National Champion football team. And during the 1947-48 basketball season, our M-Club cheering section rooted the team to Michigan's first Big 10 basketball championship in many years with lots of "Let's Go Blue's."

After graduating in 1951, I was away from Michigan for several years. When I returned for a football game in the early 1960s, I was astounded to hear thousands of Michigan fans chanting, "Let's Go Blue." I have been a football season ticket holder since 1965, and during that time I have felt a sense o pride each time I've heard the Michigan fans cheer the "Let's Go Blue" I first cheered in the Spring of 1947.

Charles J. Moss '51
Midland, Michigan

very cool! Thanks :)

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm actually a pre-med student and i really want to go to U of M. I was just wonderin what the stats looked like for those accepted into U of M.

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm actually a pre-med student and i really want to go to U of M. I was just wonderin what the stats looked like for those accepted into U of M.
I believe the average GPA is around 3.7-3.8 and avg. MCAT is 34-35. There is definitely a big range, as much more than an applicant's numbers are reviewed by the committee.

Here's infro from the admissions website:

Student Life: Diversity at Michigan

As we evaluate medical school applicants, one of the things we keep in mind is creating a diverse incoming class. By valuing diversity in the broadest terms we end up with a stronger learning environment for our students, and they end up becoming better doctors.

We approach each candidate as an individual looking not only at credentials, but at the whole person and what they can offer to their fellow classmates. We consider not only ethnic and cultural backgrounds, but also the region of the country where an applicant is from, undergraduate studies, as well as interests and hobbies as part of the assessment of a person's suitability for our program.

This approach makes for more interesting and engaging interactions among peers and further develops a sense of compassion and understanding for the diverse patient population you will eventually encounter. The end result is that everyone’s interests are represented in every entering class.

2006 Class Profile

Admissions Summary

Number applying in 2006: 4787
Number interviewed: 781
Number of students in the class: 170
Science GPA range: 2.61-4.00
Total GPA range: 2.87-4.00
MCAT total score range: 8.00-14.33
Class Composition

Male: 48.8%
Female: 51.2%
MSTP Students: 8
Maxofacial Surgery Program Students: 3
Underrepresented Minority: 15.3% of class
Age range: 20-33

Ooooo that's us! Except it should be 169 students, some girl left us for Stanford at the last minute (her loss). I doubt the lowest total MCAT score was an 8, though...

2006 Class Profile

Admissions Summary

MCAT total score range: 8.00-14.33
Class Composition

Male: 48.8%
Female: 51.2%
MSTP Students: 8
Maxofacial Surgery Program Students: 3
Underrepresented Minority: 15.3% of class
Age range: 20-33

Ooooo that's us! Except it should be 169 students, some girl left us for Stanford at the last minute (her loss). I doubt the lowest total MCAT score was an 8, though...

Haha, I know that girl. Well, at least I've talked to that girl. The Admissions Comm had me give her a phone call this summer when she was making her decision to "help advise" her. Looks like I didn't do a good job (When I call prospective students -- and listen up you current prospectives! -- I always start by telling them that I'm not here to convince them to go to Michigan over another school, I'm just here to help them talk through the decision. So if you get a phone call from a suspicious 4th year med stud, don't hold this approach against me!). Maybe next time I will go with the clearer "GO TO MICHIGAN, DAMMIT!" ;)

My apologies for losing this girl. I hope the Adcom doesn't fire me. :p

2006 Class Profile

Admissions Summary

**MCAT total score range: 8.00-14.33**
Class Composition

what exactly is the mcat total score range?

According to that data sheet it looks like 24-42..which I find hard to believe. I wonder if those numbers are from all the people who were accepted.

Oh, I'm an idiot...24 makes a lot more sense than 8...they don't teach you multiplication in medical school ;) Princessd3--I actually know someone in our class who got a 43, and it's someone who never comes to class!

GoSprout, if I got a call from a "4th year med stud" I'd be pretty excited :laugh:

According to that data sheet it looks like 24-42..which I find hard to believe. I wonder if those numbers are from all the people who were accepted.

It's not the 43 that I have a hard time believing and I think I know who the person is that you speak of.

I believe the 24. I promise you that person also had a great GPA and was extraordinary in other ways, though. One number isn't everything -- but you better have things to make up for it.

That said...

... all you prospective students better watch the Rose Bowl today!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

So there are more posts by the class of 2007-20010 than by the class of 2011 so far... Come on M0s, represent!!!

Maybe our class was just that dorky- our Class of 2010 thread far outpaced all the other schools, and we're STILL here posting on a thread that's not even ours. Who's up for D&D this weekend? (and no I've never played D&D).

I am a female undergrad at UM right now, and next year I am going to dental school here at Michigan. I want to live in the same place because I love my house, but all of my friends are graduating!

There are two bedrooms available in my 3br house and I prefer FEMALE roommates for Sept 2007-Sept 2008. I am very laid back and easy to get along with.

The house is newly remodeled, just south of campus. Hard wood floors, completely new kitchen, free laundry and TONS OF FREE PARKING!! Short 10 min walk to central campus, or take one of three busses that come every 10 minutes to get anywhere around the city!

Plus, each person makes more than $700 per year parking cars in the backyard for football and hockey games!!

Rent for the large room is $525 and the smaller room is 475. Utilities not included.

PLEASE pm me if you're interested!!

I believe the 24. I promise you that person also had a great GPA and was extraordinary in other ways, though. One number isn't everything -- but you better have things to make up for it.

That said...

... all you prospective students better watch the Rose Bowl today!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i wish i hadn't watched the rose bowl, but i really enjoyed the bcs NC game :)

Could someone who is currently in Ann Arbor please let me know what the winter is like. I was really impressed with the school at my interview, but I am worried that the winters in Michigan will be too much to handle.

Could someone who is currently in Ann Arbor please let me know what the winter is like. I was really impressed with the school at my interview, but I am worried that the winters in Michigan will be too much to handle.

I probably shouldn't be the one answering this- I'm from the upper peninsula of Michigan, and happen to find Ann Arbor's winters far too mild. Not nearly enough snow. I'll try to be fair, though.

Negatives: Ann Arbor winter days are often overcast, 10-20 mph winds, 20 degrees maybe (not including wind chill). For many of my classmates, that is cold, but they get by. Even classmates who never saw snow before coming to Ann Arbor are doing fine.

Positives: Usually not much snow (we've only gotten "real" snow (that stayed on the ground) once this year, and that was in October). The entire hospital/med school area is interconnected by hallways and giant hamster tubes. There are things to do in the winter: ice-skating, sledding, going north for skiing, snowmobiling, etc. IM sports have indoor activities in the winter: Innertube water polo, basketball, etc. Hot chocolate is in abundant supply. If you get the right clothes (at the extreme end: long-underwear, boots, insulated and windproof jacket, scarf or face mask, hat, gloves), you'll think it's September. But you'll look like the Michelin man.

Other things to consider: Winters in Michigan are highly variable. This year has been warm (mostly 40s and 50s, with the odd day in the 30s), but this brings the unfortunate negative of cold rain vs. light snow. Overall, though, Ann Arbor gets probably among the mildest of winters in the state. You may want to get other people's opinions too, though.

For the **most** part, I agree with Dajimmers. However, I will say that this year in Ann Arbor has been INCREDIBLY warm -- just as it has been for most of the East Coast. Boston has been 70 degrees lately. Ann Arbor has been in the 40s and 50s. Global warming induced El Nino? Um, yeah.

The last 3 years in Ann Arbor, however, have been quite cold. Just for some reference, I'm originally from the "snow belt" of upstate New York and then lived in California for 5 years. I'd say there is usually one month (either December or January) where the average feels like it's 15 degrees (though it's really higher -- it just feels like it doesn't get above 20). The rest of the winter (which pretty much lasts from early November to late March/early April) is still cold, but not as bad (as in the 30s). It never really snows much here -- a few inches is a "big" storm. And it's rarely sunny in the winter.

So yeah, winter here is not my favorite time of the year (though this year has been oddly warm), but we all survive. Think of it as character building. :p

I think dajimmers might have gone a little far in trying to be unbiased in conveying that it does get cold here. While winter temperatures definitely can hover around freezing, 20 degree days:eek: are definitely not the norm (I even looked up some temperature data to make sure my impression wasn't totally off base.) Also, as dajimmers mentioned, wind is a big factor. It can be very cold out, but also be sunny and calm, and it's a great day for being outside. Other days which are technically warmer but windier can feel colder.

I don't know if this random weather assessment will help, but since school started there have been only two or three interview days where I was walking into school in the morning and though "the out of state folks will definitely get a feel for cold Michigan weather today." One of those days was in Oct/Nov. The weather really is quite variable. On one of our last two December interview days we walked outside for part of the tour because is was so sunny and (relatively) warm out. We didn't choose to do that today. ;)

Most people - even the warm weather wimps:p - just buy a decent coat, hat and gloves and get by just fine. I definitely wouldn't let climate deter you from coming to Michigan! :thumbup:

So there are more posts by the class of 2007-20010 than by the class of 2011 so far... Come on M0s, represent!!!

Ok, here's a question- for UMMS people that were there for undergrad too, what were the biggest factors in your decisions to stay? Also, how has your Michigan experience changed going from an undergrad there to a med student?

And yeah- both the Rose Bowl and the BCS Championship were definitely disappointing... the Big Ten needs to have an especially big year next year to erase any doubts left after this season.

...i really enjoyed the bcs NC game :)
I didn't.

Even with OSU as the representative, I still wanted to see the Big Ten look good. I'll root for Ohio State to lose every conference game, but I always want to see all of the Big Ten teams beat their non-conference opponents.

I think Ohio St. spent too long listening to everyone tell them how good they were. They simply didn't show up against Florida.

... Now Notre Dame getting blown out (again) to stake claim to the longest bowl game losing streak in NCAA history, on the other hand, was a delightful sight to behold! I'm sure glad they're getting their $3-4 million/year's worth out of Charlie Weis! :D

So what actually happens during second look weekend? Is it pretty much exclusively a social event, an opportunity to get to know your future classmates?

So what actually happens during second look weekend? Is it pretty much exclusively a social event, an opportunity to get to know your future classmates?
There are plenty of opportunities to get to know your future classmates, but there are also a lot of activities to allow prospectives to get to know Ann Arbor and the medical school better as well.

You'll have a variety of social options throughout the weekend. You'll get to check out a restaurant or two, see more of campus, learn more about housing options, learn more about the medical school, see more of what school (and students) are really like when it's not interview day, etc.

Re-visit weekends are planned by the current students (in fact, the process is just beginning now) so if there are things that many of you would really like to have included, let us know... We just might be able to honor your request(s)! :)

So I thought I'd chime in. With all the took of the second look weekend (and others at other schools in general), I was wondering what it takes to get an invite. I'm definitely on the fence between UM, WashU, Baylor, Emory, and (maybe) UPenn. So to get an invite to second look weekends, should we contact Admin. offices and let them know what other schools we're considering?

Also, I'm a UM undergrad and have had a few friends/heard a few rumors of people getting scholarships to woo them to U of M. (Had a friend who was going to go to Harvard, and when told UM he was going, was offered a full-ride- didn't get all the details though). When/how do these scholarships go out? Do you just come right out and say "I'd rather go to top-ranked school X unless you guys made it financially worthwhile." I still haven't filled out my FAFSA, but these scholarships don't seem as need-based anyway.

I think everyone gets invited to Second Look Weekend. As far as those scholarships you mentioned. They went out sometime in late March last year. At that time the schools are able to see where else you've been accepted and may make decisions accordingly.

It is also my impression that everyone will be invited to the revisit weekends. There are limited spaces, however, so you will need to register early. There aren't enough spots for everyone who has an acceptance.

As far as scholarships go (not that your wording would be so direct) but if someone says "I'd rather go to top-ranked school X..." I wouldn't be at all surprised for the admissions office to basically say "best of luck at school X." They/we definitely want to have students at Michigan who want to be at Michigan. If you give the impression that you'd rather be somewhere else, that could very well be where you'll end up.

In an average year there isn't a school out there that Michigan feels it can't compete (pretty much straight-up) with for students. With the dramatic increase in (quality) applicants this year, that will probably be even more true this year. That said, if you say "I'm really torn between Michigan and school X, is there anything you can do?" they might be receptive. It can't hurt to ask... as long as you do it the right way!

Also, I'm a UM undergrad and have had a few friends/heard a few rumors of people getting scholarships to woo them to U of M. (Had a friend who was going to go to Harvard, and when told UM he was going, was offered a full-ride- didn't get all the details though). When/how do these scholarships go out? Do you just come right out and say "I'd rather go to top-ranked school X unless you guys made it financially worthwhile." I still haven't filled out my FAFSA, but these scholarships don't seem as need-based anyway.

It never hurts to ask them to match an existing scholarship...I was offered a nice merit scholarship at another school and I hedged over notifying UMich (thought it seemed presumptive) but to my utter surprise and delight they matched it. I'm also out-of-state though, if you're going to be paying in-state tuition anyways it's usually cheaper. Actually before I notified them, I don't think I was being considered for a merit scholarship at all. Anyways, they're not going to rescind your acceptance so there's no reason not to dip a toe in the water.

Thanks again all for the responses. I'd expect no less from UMich students - you guys are some of the nicest med students I've met. Unfortunately, my post below came off a little more sour than I had intended. I definitely really want to go to UMich. I was wondering about the second look weekend because I wanted to meet some other potential students. The questions on scholarships was mostly because I've recently fallen on some tough family and financial problems, so wanted to get as much help as I could. Thanks again all.

So what if I can't go to Second Look? :( I REALLY want to but my finals week is from May 4-11 this year, so May 4-6 is kind of a bad time for me to be out of town. Would going to the diversity weekend be helpful even if I'm not a URM? Should I just schedule another time to visit AA?

So what if I can't go to Second Look? :( I REALLY want to but my finals week is from May 4-11 this year, so May 4-6 is kind of a bad time for me to be out of town. Would going to the diversity weekend be helpful even if I'm not a URM? Should I just schedule another time to visit AA?
You're already accepted... so why are you worrying about finals anyway?!? :p

You can go to either weaken and it's just fine. I considered going to both last year (I was only a 2.5 hour drive away and had a serious case of senioritis) and I believe there is a current M1 who did go to both last year.

The primary goals of either weekend are to give prospective students a chance to have a lot of fun while getting to know Ann Arbor and the med school a little better, and also to meeting many of the amazing people who will become your classmates. You can definitely accomplish those goals at either weekend. The specific activities will be a little different, but in the big picture they're really there to do the same thing.

I interviewed at Michigan back in December and I absolutely loved it. All the students were so laid back and I got a great feeling from all the people that I met. Unfortunately, I was put on the "Hold until March" group :(. I was just wondering if anyone here had any advice/input in how to improve my chances of being put in the accept group versus the waitlist or reject group. Does anyone know of anybody that was accepted once placed in the "hold" group? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Does anyone know of anybody that was accepted once placed in the "hold" group? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I had a friend of mine accepted after being put in the "hold until December" group. As far as I know, he sent in a letter of interest saying how much he enjoyed the interview and the opportunity to see the school... good luck!!!