University of Maryland Class of 2010 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Friday bump. I'll put this thread on my back and haul it up a mountain if I have to!

Members don't see this ad.

Cozmosis said:
Early Friday bump. I'll put this thread on my back and haul it up a mountain if I have to!

Hey Coz, I'm here with you, man!!

I ain't wit you...until I get 'cepted (= no more posts for me)

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumpity

I hate working on holidays! Everyone else and their mother gets today off, except me!

Hey Coz! It's great to have someone to comiserate with!

Only 5 hours till I can go home! :( :thumbdown:

Good morning, Maryland!!!

I'm so sorry, Coz...I got so busy yesterday! I should have plenty of free time after the first half of today is over.

Hey, once more people get admitted and we get this show on the road, what do you say we all have a bar night or something? I'll even drive up to B'More for it!

Happy hump day! I'm going skiing tomorrow, so you'll have to hold down the fort, Coz!

Seriously, Maryland, what's up? Start admitting people already!

Members don't see this ad :)
LadyWolverine said:
Happy hump day! I'm going skiing tomorrow, so you'll have to hold down the fort, Coz!

Seriously, Maryland, what's up? Start admitting people already!
How dare you leave me at a time like this! Hey, I was poking around MDapps and found your profile, you say you are "thinking hard" about MD? What kind of committment to UMD (and me!) is that??

I'm just playin around, but you better be there :)

Hey! I've been honest since day one...ultimately, it will come down to finances. Maryland IS my #1. But if there is some astronomically small chance that I may get offered lots of money at a particular school, that will sway my decision. Of course, the odds of that happening are probably slim to none, but money is not something to be stupid about. I really liked each of the schools that I have been admitted to at and would be happy going to any of them. (I just happened to get the best feeling about UMD).

Obviously, Maryland is most likely to be the least expensive option. So don't worry, Coz! I'm not bailing on you yet. Besides, didn't you tell me a little something about WFU?? :D

Cozmosis said:
Man, we are slacking lately. When the hell does the adcom meet again??

Actually, I hear that Maryland was only admitting 6 students this year. So I guess this is it.

gonadotropins said:
Actually, I hear that Maryland was only admitting 6 students this year. So I guess this is it.

That's awesome! We'll have a faculty:student ratio of like ten billion to one. The only problem is gonna be that if we don't show up to lecture, they're gonna know who we are :D

Cozmosis said:
One person AOA class, and its gonna be me! See ya suckersssss.....!!

We'll see about that! What if I want to match into a competitive specialty?! Can you imagine? "Maryland's the greatest! 1/6 of our class matched in Derm!" At any other school, that would be around 25-30 people :D

Hey, hey, Maryland!

Another week, another opportunity for more acceptances!!

When do we hear about Financial Aid awards?

I called the financial aid office last week, and they told me they won't even start to look at the FAFSA's until sometime in April.

plzletmein said:
I called the financial aid office last week, and they told me they won't even start to look at the FAFSA's until sometime in April.
Oh sweet thanks Maryland please screw over people who want to have FA info in March for decision making (I am not one)

Eeep!! April?? Jeez, that's gonna be cutting it close. And here I was in such a rush to get my FAFSA off before Feb 15.

I guess it'll be more of the waiting game for me... :(

Cozmosis said:
This is the only thread I need though ;)

Amen, Coz!! What are you giving up for Lent? I'm going out tonight for my last drink before Easter :( Too bad it's a Tuesday and I have to get up and go to work tomorrow...Man, hurricanes taste like vitamin drinks. I'll have to order something else Nawlin's-y.

I went to noon mass today at St. Matthews. There were like 6 motorcades rushing the Justices and other important political folks around. Talk about fun people-watching! :D

And yeah, all the Eastern Orthodox stuff follows a week later. Always gotta be different, don't you?! :)

According to my calendar, yeah. Your Easter is a week after mine :D

Hey, 6+ pages of Marylandy goodness! We're not doing too shabby.

It's Friday....

And still no more acceptances. What's up?? :confused:

Cozmosis said:
Crap, I still need to send in my instate form

They are currently saying I'm out of state.

Coz! I was wondering when you'd show up.

Are you kidding me? You go to Towson! You don't get much more in-state than that...

gonadotropins said:
I'm thinking of doing the pre-mat program. It would be nice to have some more information on it, but as I understand the class time is pretty limited and you get out of it what you put into it. Does anyone know more about this?

I am also thinking about the pre-mat. program but someone suggested to me that I take the summer off. Who knows? Is any females looking for a roommate?

Finally, another one has joined the ranks. :)

I am looking at the pre-mat program because I have been out of undergrad for 5 years, and, even though I spent a year in grad school, I think it will help me get back into the groove. However, I don't think it's necessarily important or even beneficial for everyone. If you've never really had a significant chunk of time off, then perhaps it is a good idea to take a couple of months to just relax. I was a ski bum for 3 months a couple of years ago, and it was one of the best times of my life.

I am a female who is looking for a roommate. Where are you looking at apartments? Coz and I have been doing some research. So far, I like the Redwood the most and the University Suites the least, but I think I need to go back and check it out again to get a more definitive picture of what I want.

I am a male who is looking for a roommate! I have about 4-5 places I like and want to go check out in person. Need a roomie though, its not affordable otherwise.

I need a roommate who is relatively clean, likes to kick back once in a while but doesn't throw raucous parties 7 nights a week, doesn't have an annoying pet, pays bills on time, and is preferably not a psycho. Those are really the only criteria I have. No preference as to age, gender, SES, etc. I've lived with all types and managed to survive.

Oh, and I need a parking space for my car. And NO PILING DISHES IN THE SINK!!! EEW!!

SES = socioeconomic status.

YES, I AM SO BORED!! The partner I work for has been on a conference call for the past 2 hours and I've been sitting here with nothing to do but surf SDN and check my email. I'm not the only one...everyone seems stir-crazy. I think that's because it's sunny outside! Too bad it's like -16. Or, at least it was this morning...God knows I never see the light of day anymore since I started working here.

Oh, and you can always contact UMD and set up your own "second-look." I did that at the end of January...they were very accomodating. I went to one of the morning lectures, came back and chatted with Dr. Foxwell for a while, and then he set me up with a 4th-year student who answered all of my questions and took me around to see the hospitals. It was defintely much better than the interview tour. Then I had the rest of the day to check out the affiliated hospitals, look at apartments (I specifically toured the University Suites), and go to a nice dinner in Baltimore.

You guys are rocking out on this thread...mind if I join? While I haven't "officially" decided on Maryland, there is about a 95% chance that this is where I'll end up. It would require a pretty sweet financial aid package from my state school to convince me to stay 4 more years in small-town MO....Baltimore would be so much better, and I loved the university when I interviewed.

I tried to be a good member of this thread by reading all of the previous posts, but I've gotta be honest...I only made it to about page 3 and then I skipped to the end to post and join the party. :) Now I need to go back and find that survey.

Tell me about yourselves!!

Limit answers to 1 sentence:
1. What's your favorite city (anywhere in the world), and why?
Venice, Italy - definitely the most unique city I've ever seen. It was incredibly beautiful, romantic, and the people were very friendly. It also helps to go in the cooler months, because I hear the water stinks during the hot summer.

2. If you could be any breed of dog, what would you be, and why?
Hmmm, a Brittany? I only say this because it is the type of dog I currently have. They are energetic and love to cuddle...pretty good combo. (you should check out the photos I posted of her in the "Duke Admissions" thread over in pre-allo after I got rejected...priceless)

3. NBA or NCAA basketball?
Why even put a choice...clearly NCAA. NBA is so boring to watch...no defense, just a bunch of people showboating their skills. And nothing in the sports world compares to March Madness, in my humble opinion.

4. Who is your favorite character from The Simpsons?
I've always liked Groundskeeper Willie...I'm more of a Family Guy person myself

5. What is one of your guilty pleasures? (try to keep it clean...or not.)
Chocolate, without a doubt.

6. Who was your favorite childhood superhero?
Mighty Mouse

7. What is in your CD player at this very minute?
Hmm...I'm not really sure. Actually, in my car I think it is Vivaldi's 4 seasons, since I played that in a concert a few weeks ago. I don't really listen to cd's a lot.

8. What do you have in the fridge at this very minute?
Lots of food - I just went grocery shopping yesterday. A little bit of everything...fruit, veggies, frozen pizza, beer, etc.

9. If there were no need in the world for either medicine or money, what would you be doing right now?
Sitting on a beach somewhere pondering the meaning of life.

And...
10. Are you gonna be a gunner? Be honest!
No, most definitely not. I'm a friendly girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.