University of Kentucky Applicant '15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I'm waiting to talk to my boyfriend one more time before I pull the trigger and put down my deposit tomorrow. $40,000 is a lot...so I'm still going to hold out for a few more interviews. If I get an offer elsewhere, then I might consider giving up my spot at UK.

UK is the most expensive school on my list. I figure..if i lose out on the $1000 to go to a cheaper school...I'll end up saving more than that in the long-run anyhow. :confused: It's the only way to make myself feel better about the situation. :(

Woof.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm waiting to talk to my boyfriend one more time before I pull the trigger and put down my deposit tomorrow. $40,000 is a lot...so I'm still going to hold out for a few more interviews. If I get an offer elsewhere, then I might consider giving up my spot at UK.

UK is the most expensive school on my list. I figure..if i lose out on the $1000 to go to a cheaper school...I'll end up saving more than that in the long-run anyhow. :confused: It's the only way to make myself feel better about the situation. :(

Woof.

Same. I paid the deposit. But if I get into UF, it's going to be a major discussion. I paid the deposit in case I don't get in anywhere else but I also REALLY want to go there.

Why can't we all just be rich? haha :thumbdown:

Same. I paid the deposit. But if I get into UF, it's going to be a major discussion. I paid the deposit in case I don't get in anywhere else but I also REALLY want to go there.

Why can't we all just be rich? haha :thumbdown:

$1000 = peace of mind, right? At least we know we'll end up getting a good education SOMEWHERE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just paid the $1000 too.

I won't be able to go though if I am unable to sell my house for a price we can live with.

I think it's really sad that there's at least 3 of us that are iffy about UK purely because of money :( :( :(

I think it's really sad that there's at least 3 of us that are iffy about UK purely because of money :( :( :(

I agree. After working so hard these past several years, I was thrilled to get accepted at UK given their reputation. Now the high cost is making it stressful. :( Well, now the I have paid my deposit, I have time to really think everything through.

Does anybody find it odd that UK did not give us an assessment of our prepharmacy coursework when they sent the conditional acceptance letters? I think I am good on their requirements but want them to agree. The other schools I have applied to have provided that assessment. I haven't had any surprises but it is good to know that the school is good with all of my courses.

I'm sure they would tell you if you were missing something.

Hi. Im new to this site and I have an interview with UK on Feb 18th!! Im so nervous. Can anyone give me any advice? Is the interview closed notes? Thanks!

Does anyone else have a Feb interview? Can anyone lend any advice?

Everyone there, including the interviewers, is really nice. Pay attention, ask questions and relax! I actually enjoyed my interview there a lot, and it helped to eliminate any doubt in my mind as to where I wanted to go to school.

Hi. Im new to this site and I have an interview with UK on Feb 18th!! Im so nervous. Can anyone give me any advice? Is the interview closed notes? Thanks!

Since you're new, let me be the first to say welcome to the boards! (And please don't post the same question in multiple threads :))

Also, you won't need any notes.

what I meant by closed notes is do the interviewers know anything about you. As in your GPA, PCAT scores, background and so on. And sorry about all the duplicate posts, I obviously have no clue what I'm doing! Thanks for your response!

what I meant by closed notes is do the interviewers know anything about you. As in your GPA, PCAT scores, background and so on. And sorry about all the duplicate posts, I obviously have no clue what I'm doing! Thanks for your response!

When I interviewed in November, the Director of Admissions gave an overview of the process at the beginning of the day. I believe she told us that the interviewers only had access to our Personal Statement just before the interview. Therefore, she said, don't be shy/modest in telling them what we think is important for them to know.

Yeah, I don't believe they see anything other than your personal statements. In both of my interviews, the interviewers actually told me that they didn't have any time to even look over my personal statement, so take that for what it's worth. You should definitely try to stress everything you think is important in order to make a good impression. If you've made it this far, they're pretty much just trying to make sure you are somewhat competent socially!

Just got ACCEPTED to UK! I am really torn between Cincinnati and Kentucky. What should I do?

Just got ACCEPTED to UK! I am really torn between Cincinnati and Kentucky. What should I do?

It looks like you are a Kentucky resident and therefore eligible for in-state tuition at UK. If that is true I would go to UK just because of the higher ranking/reputation. Both are good choices though.

Congratulations droy!!!!! It all depends on how you felt about the schools. Uk is cheaper for you and is a great school. But if you want experience outside of Lexington that's a different story. I don't know if ill be going anymore because of the cost.

actually, I would get a metro rate at UC (in between instate and outofstate). It turns out it would actually be cheaper at UC (by just a few thousand).

I wonder how UK ranks vs. UC in placing residents? The thing is, I work at University of Cincinnati Hospital and have made many connections with UC staff, but my heart has always told me UK.