University of Kentucky Applicant '15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Show Stopper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Zac, and I'm a new member to this site.

I searched for 2015 applicants for UKs Pharmacy school but nothing turned up so I thought I would start this thread. I wanted to get a gauge of where I am right now and if there are suggestions you might give me.

I'm a junior at the University of Kentucky and I currently have a 3.9 GPA overall and a 4.0 Science GPA. I also scored in the 94% percentile overall on the PCAT. Here are how my individual scores/percentiles:

Verbal Ability: 416 - 73%
Biology: 405 - 56%
Reading Comprehension: 448 - 96%
Quantitative Ability: 462 - 98%
Chemistry: 439 - 91%
Composite: 434 - 94%

I also scored a 3 on the Writing Section as well.

I currently work in a Compounding Pharmacy and have been working there for roughly 3 months now.

I'm actually scheduled for an interview tomorrow (10/12) with UKs Pharmacy school and am a little nervous for it. I've been trying to review the Interview questions on this ite but some I'm a little unsure how to answer. But then again, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Are there any suggestions you might have for me going into my interview tomorrow? And what are my chances of getting in? I know my academics are high so thats always good but what I'm really trying to ask is, how well do I need to do in my interview to gain entrance?

I'm normally good talking with others, however for some reason I seem to panic a little in interview sessions for jobs, etc. and often come off looking the wrong way.

Any suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize as I just now have seen the top sticky at the top of the page about the WAMC applications. Bad way to introduce oneself after not reading the forum thoroughly.

dude welcome to this forum!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you and I'm glad to be here! Yet again, I apologize about not seeing the top on WAMC applications.

Hi Zac!
I was just there at the UK yesterday!
How do you feel about it?

Hi Zac!
I was just there at the UK yesterday!
How do you feel about it?

I felt pretty good about it after it was all said and done. I though the group interview was much easier than the individual interview. I kind of butchered one of my individual interview questions but other than that I felt really solid.

For any of you got interview on last Monday and Tuesday, did you guys choose Early Decision Option? Thanks

I was an Early Decision applicant for my interview Tuesday. I'd venture to guess that most were Early Decision applicants for these interviews as they were the first of many to come during the application process.

I interviewed on 10/11/10 at UK. I too am a Junior at UK and felt decent about the interview. They are bound by law to let us know if we receive early decision acceptance by the 22nd of this month. I'll post back if I hear anything that day.

For any of you got interview on last Monday and Tuesday, did you guys choose Early Decision Option? Thanks

I wasn't, however, I submitted PharmCAS in August and the supplemental application in September.

I felt pretty good about it after it was all said and done. I though the group interview was much easier than the individual interview. I kind of butchered one of my individual interview questions but other than that I felt really solid.

I felt the opposite way =) Good luck.

I applied ED and was interviewed on 10/12/10. But I talked to two people who had not applied ED and were out-of-staters. Are they going to wait until 11:59 on Friday night to notify us? The suspense is killing me...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if there were not as many ED applicants as they expected. It seems odd that there would be more than a few people at the ED interview that didn't apply early decision. Especially from out of state. Or is that normal?

gtc and cyn do are you all both at UK now?

I applied ED and was interviewed on 10/12/10. But I talked to two people who had not applied ED and were out-of-staters. Are they going to wait until 11:59 on Friday night to notify us? The suspense is killing me...

The admission committee didn't even meet until yesterday so I would say we will most likely hear something Friday afternoon. Do they notify us if we have not been accepted early decision or do we just assume if we don't hear by the 22nd that we were pushed to reg. decision?

Thanks for that information. I was getting concerned. There were two people I know who didn't get interviewed for early decision. My guess is that they interviewed the most qualified people from the entire applicant pool (both ED and regular decision). I'm not sure whether they will notify us. It would be nice if they did, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just let pharmcas change over to reg. decision. I didn't go to UK. I graduated from Georgetown College.

The waiting is the hardest part of the process...
I didn't apply ED but was interviewed on 10/11/10, and I am also a out-of-stater

I wonder if there were not as many ED applicants as they expected. It seems odd that there would be more than a few people at the ED interview that didn't apply early decision. Especially from out of state. Or is that normal?

gtc and cyn do are you all both at UK now?

No, I am not a Kentucky resident but I submitted my completed application in August. That might be why they invited me for their early decision interview.

Hey folks, I made a profile on here just to see if anyone else had gotten an email yet. I'm relieved to see the emails haven't gone out but I'm still biting nails I don't have. I interviewed ED on the 12th and am a student at UK. PCAT:82 GPA:3.6 Not the greatest scores but I'm a non-trad with military service. If I hear anything I will post it asap! GL!

Congrats LexRX!

I got an email today too. Accepted!

Congrats who got accepted!:thumbup:
Would you mind share your stat? Were you early decision applicant?

I was also accepted! Congrats Lex RX and crlova2!

I also was accepted today!

PCAT: 94th percentile
Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 4.0
Early Decision Applicant
UK Student

Its great to finally get all this out of the way and know whats going to be happening in my future.

All I have left to focus on now is getting at least Cs in my Microbiology, Microbiology Lab and last Physics course. Maybe I won't have to stress out now about doing so well in classes!

Last edited:
GPA: 3.94
PCAT: 80th percentile.
(realllly low reading// high sciences, verbal and quant)
Bachelor in Chemistry, non-UK student, didn't apply ED.

Congrats everyone! ED Interview, PCAT:82, GPA:3.6, Combat Veteran (+101 points:D).... To anyone who has rolled over to regular admission: Good Luck, Keep your head up! Hope everyone has a blast tonight, stay out of jail! Look forward to meeting you all!

I just got my acceptance email yesterday. I interviewed on Oct 11 on Monday. ED app

woot!

Congratulations everyone who was accepted!

I'm out of state from UF and I got an email October 22 that said to finish my supplemental. It said "We advise all applicants to submit these materials as soon as possible, as seats have not yet been filled for November interviews."

I sent mine in October 26.

Any idea as to how many were accepted in the early decision round? Also, how many they usually accept for a whole class? How many out of state?

Has anyone gotten an invite to Kentuck'ys November round of interviews???

They should come out this week... nervous... :xf:

Hi,

Has anyone gotten an invite yet to the November 18,19 round of interviews for University of Kentucky?

They said they would contact people about 2 weeks before, and that means today or tomorrow. I haven't gotten one yet so I'm assuming I'll have to wait and see if I am in the February round :( :( :( (still trying to keep my hopes up).

Please reply and let me know.

AND especially if you're out of state (I'm from Florida)

I haven't heard anything yet either. I even told them that I couldn't do the February dates because of my sister's wedding. :(

Oh wow that's definitely a reason not to be able to go!

When did you send your application?

bump bump bump...

Has anyone heard anything???????

Has anyone gotten an invite to Kentuck'ys November round of interviews???

They should come out this week... nervous... :xf:

Don't stress out too much about the invite's time frame. They say approximately 2 weeks is the given notice for interview invites but mine came about 10 days before the interview. I asked others at the interview while we had some downtime when they got their invites and the latest one I was told was a girl got hers with about 6 days to go (and she was from Oregon).

The individual interviewers are very nice and very easy to talk to. They select them because of those characteristics. The group interview is where I found the interviewers to be much more stern. I stressed out too much about it and find it to be easier than I thought it was going to be.

Trust me, you'll do just fine if you get an invite.

Don't stress out too much about the invite's time frame. They say approximately 2 weeks is the given notice for interview invites but mine came about 10 days before the interview. I asked others at the interview while we had some downtime when they got their invites and the latest one I was told was a girl got hers with about 6 days to go (and she was from Oregon).

The individual interviewers are very nice and very easy to talk to. They select them because of those characteristics. The group interview is where I found the interviewers to be much more stern. I stressed out too much about it and find it to be easier than I thought it was going to be.

Trust me, you'll do just fine if you get an invite.

Thanks for the info! It gives me a little bit of hope... I just really want that interview because I feel like I can really do well.

Oh wow :( me neither.

Are you in-state?

Nope. Out-of-state...I work with a pharmacist who was a recent UK grad, and she said they don't take many out-of-staters. She's from my hometown and said she got an interview because that's where she did her undergrad. Boo for me...

Aw man... I'm out of state too.

Someone responded to me from another Kentucky thread saying that at the October round, there was a girl from Oregon who got an interview invite 6 DAYS before her interview date.

So maybe there's still hope out there for us?

Yeah, I read that on the other thread. Plane tickets are going to be reeeeeally cheap by then. Frustrating!

I got mine for Thursday, the 18th!!! I didn't see the invitation in the email because it was sent to the junk box. Luckily I called and asked what my status was the day the invitation was due. She told me I was already offered an invitation and to check my junk email. Phew!

Got my email last Thursday! My interview is up for Thursday, Nov. 18th! Anyone else have that date?

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME THAT!!!

I JUST SAW MINE TOO FOR THURSDAY THE 18TH!!!!!

I'm just scared because it said that I had to confirm by last Friday. I'll call them first thing tomorrow morning!!!!

AHHH!!!!

GOT MINE FOR THE 18TH TOO. THANK GOODNESS FOR SDN!

Stupid junk e-mail.

Seriously. Can you imagine if we didn't see it in our junk mail and the date passed? I would be so depressed.

Time to look for flights/book hotels/shop for interview clothes!

What time are you guys' interviews? Mine's 12:30PM

Me! 18th at 12:30PM.

Didn't see the invite until last night because it was in my SPAM MAIL since last Thursday...

Apparently the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy on the 18th.

These questions are for the girls that have been interviewed:
Do we stay in our interview clothes for the campus tour?
Did you keep a change of shoes in your purse for the campus tour?

Apparently the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy on the 18th.

These questions are for the girls that have been interviewed:
Do we stay in our interview clothes for the campus tour?
Did you keep a change of shoes in your purse for the campus tour?

I am not a girl but I may be able to give some insight on this. I think you may have misread or misunderstood what they meant by the tour. At the end of my interview in October we just took a tour of the actual pharmacy building. I doubt they will take you on a tour of the campus unless you set that up separately or someone specifically told you there would be a campus tour. The campus is huge and I can't see them taking the whole group on a tour of it after the interview process especially since they didn't do that for the early decision interviews. If your invite says building tour then you will not be going outside because it will solely be of the pharmacy building. I hope that made sense if not just let me know.

I am not a girl but I may be able to give some insight on this. I think you may have misread or misunderstood what they meant by the tour. At the end of my interview in October we just took a tour of the actual pharmacy building. I doubt they will take you on a tour of the campus unless you set that up separately or someone specifically told you there would be a campus tour. The campus is huge and I can't see them taking the whole group on a tour of it after the interview process especially since they didn't do that for the early decision interviews. If your invite says building tour then you will not be going outside because it will solely be of the pharmacy building. I hope that made sense if not just let me know.

Thanks a bunch, you're right. It's just a building tour. Makes me feel better if it's raining!