University of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got a letter that says:
I have good news, you have been recommended for admission to the university of iowa, college of pharmacy, class of 2011. I hope that you are as excited as we are. A formal of admission will follow in the next few days. blah blah blah....
So..I think that means im accepted.
I received this today at about 5pm. 4/16

I got accepted to uic, so i think i am going to decline the offer, but still not 100% sure. maybe 90%
some of my stats are
pcat- 77
pharmcas -math 3.2 ; science 3.2 ; non-science 3.0
i am finishing a bachelor in science degree with chem minor in may.
i have 5+ years of pharmacy experience.
vollunteer last 6months at an ER at a community hospital
religion school volunteer
good interview skills and a HUGE .........brain lol

Members don't see this ad.

My friend from school called and they said they finished reviewing them Friday and that everyone should hear by the last week in April :( Better get to getting with my Bachelor's stuff... as I have gotten no email.

Just talked to Dean Kelly... he said things are not finalized, but should be this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
start to have bad feelings. may not get in. :scared:

some one hear from UI today??????
I probably will prepare to find a job instead.

I'm at Iowa currently (will be a P1 in the fall) and heard from someone today that only 57 people have enrolled or accepted admission.. therefore there are still a lot of spots open! I don't know how many they have sent out acceptances to.. but I guess that means that there's a little less than half the seats available that either people have turned down or that they haven't heard from yet.

Thanks for the information. it is very useful. I just think maybe it will be a long wait on the waiting list.

i got in! i heard today @ around 4 pm. i'm very grateful and excited :D

It'll be awesome to meet you guys in the Fall and study, learn, and grow as a family and team :)

i got in! i heard today @ around 4 pm. i'm very grateful and excited :D

It'll be awesome to meet you guys in the Fall and study, learn, and grow as a family and team :)

congrats!!! i bet you're so relieved. i can't wait for the semester to start in the fall!!

congrats!!! i bet you're so relieved. i can't wait for the semester to start in the fall!!

Yeah! relieved is an understatement :)
but, I on the otherhand CAN wait for the semester to start :)
this summer will be a happy one

yea.. okay i guess i can wait for the homework/exams and stuff.. but i'm ready to get out of the weed out undergrad classes and into stuff i really wanna learn. plus, i think it'll be fun to be in the same classes w/ the same 108 people!

Members don't see this ad :)
did you get a letter or an email?

did you get a letter or an email?

I called Dean Kelly today and he said that letters had been mailed out this week and I said "can't you just tell me?" and he told me that as he "recalled", I did not get in:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I didn't get in either. Got the letter in the mail today but Oh Well. Maybe next or Maybe I'll go do something else. Good luck to all those accepted. Had Ok stats, but totally ruined my interview and I knew it.

I didn't get in either. Got the letter in the mail today but Oh Well. Maybe next or Maybe I'll go do something else. Good luck to all those accepted. Had Ok stats, but totally ruined my interview and I knew it.

:(
I'm sorry.
There's always next year. Even I was counting on trying again next year. Everything happens for a reason, I testify to that. May God give you good, wherever it may be.

i got waitlisted.....does anyone know the chances of getting in off it? good luck to all.

i got waitlisted.....does anyone know the chances of getting in off it? good luck to all.

i don't know the chances.. a kid i know was waitlisted also and he talked to dean kelly who said that he "wasn't at the top or the bottom"... you could probably try calling dean kelly and asking where you are. i wonder how many people are on it. also, if any of you are at iowa and didnt get in and want to reapply next year, they will show you your folder and the notes/comments they made about your interview and stuff which may help for next year.

I got a letter today saying I was invited to be on the wait list. From what Dean Kelly said at the interview, the wait list is a good place to be. He says he likes to keep the list short so as not to get too many people's hopes up, and for the last few years he has admitted most people on the wait list. I emailed to ask if I have a position on the list (#6 out of 10 alternates, for example) to see what my chances might be. I hope they will be able to tell me. :confused:

Just got an email back (that was fast) that there are 40-50 people on the wait list, but Helen couldn't tell me if there was any order to it at all.

40 - 50....that's kind of a lot. Hopefully a lot of people decide they want to go to other schools...hahahhaha. I sent a few emails out trying to get a little more info on the wait list. good luck to all.

:(
I'm sorry.
There's always next year. Even I was counting on trying again next year. Everything happens for a reason, I testify to that. May God give you good, wherever it may be.

Yea, I'm not too worried about it. I'll may just go and get my Doctorate but I don't know time will tell I guess.

I emailed Dean Kelly about the waitlist, and this is what he wrote back:

"There is only a rough order of names. The list is much longer than
usual because we were getting such an unmanageable number of inquiries
concerning admission status that we expanded the wait list to buy some
time. Right now I believe there is something like 35 names on it. We
might take 20 or more from the list, time will tell. You are neither at
the top or the bottom of the list."

i just got a response to my email to dean kelly. He said that the list has only a rough order, and they are hoping to have all the waitlist people accepted by the end of may.

I'm sure that it is hard to come up with firm rankings without looking back at the files and thinking about the little things. Until it really gets down to the last few candidates, it's probably not efficient to invest the time to individually rank candidates.

I got in too!! can't wait to get to know everyone in the fall!!!

congrats guys! that's awesome. see you in the fall!

i live in DBQ too.....thats kind of weird.

i live in DBQ too.....thats kind of weird.

Was your interview on February 10th, and did you go to UD? There was a guy there that I had a couple classes with at UD... maybe it was you?

Was your interview on February 10th, and did you go to UD? There was a guy there that I had a couple classes with at UD... maybe it was you?

Nope, that wasnt me. I interviewed on the 17th. I went to grew up/went to high school in DBQ, then I did my undergrad at a small school in MN.....sorry to dissapoint. I graduated from Dubuque Senior High School in 2002.

No problem. I didn't know the guy, I just recognized him from class. :)

I am going to Iowa as well! Very excited to meet everyone. I am from West Des Moines, and completed my undergrad at Iowa.

Go Hawks

I am going to Iowa as well! Very excited to meet everyone. I am from West Des Moines, and completed my undergrad at Iowa.

Go Hawks

Weird! I'm from WDM too! What high school did you go to and what year did you graduate??

has everyone figured out where they'll be staying this fall?
and have you filled out your fafsa's?

Hi!

I got into both University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy and University of Iowa..... I don't know which one to pick!!! any suggestions?

Hi!

I got into both University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy and University of Iowa..... I don't know which one to pick!!! any suggestions?

My friend interviewed at both a while back, and she likes Iowa a lot better than UIC. She ended up deciding to go for her bachelor's first, but she says Iowa has a much better program and nicer advisors.
Both are good schools though. You can't go wrong with either. You might like living in Chicago better though because it's a bigger city :)

I sort of got that feeling too after interviewing at both schools. U of Iowa is much better organized and accomodating. Big city is hard to pass up.....

Weird! I'm from WDM too! What high school did you go to and what year did you graduate??

I went to WDM Valley-01'

When do we register for classes? Where is everyone thinking about residing next year??

If you currently go to Iowa, you will have already registered for classes.. I don't know about if you're transferring...