University of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did he say that Iowa declined to review your application, or that Iowa hasn't reviewed your application yet? There's a big distinction between the two.:)

I think they're going to review all the applicants who interviewed.
He said that they haven't reviewed it yet, and that things are going slow there.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they're going to review all the applicants who interviewed.
He said that they haven't reviewed it yet, and that things are going slow there.

Then nothing has changed for you yet. Iowa seems to look at the whole applicant as evidenced by my acceptance. My declining GPA certainly wasn't what got me into the school. So, I wouldn't worry as much.;)

:scared: This post makes my heart race. I interviewed on 2/10 and would really like to just know already. Have a strange feeling I'm gonna be rejected or wait listed.

Don't freak out just yet. I called yesterday and I was told that my application has not been reviewed yet, that they are reviewed in no particular order and that it was the luck of the draw. Although I can't stop biting my nails.......I rellay hope we find out next week. Of the 7 schools I applied to, this is the interview I had so this is like my only hope.:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to Iowa my GPA right now is 3.91 on A+ scale, I converted it once and it came out to like a 3.83 ish. I got a 79 on the PCAT but my interview totally stunk. Hope I get in but there is always next year. I would just like to know.

Do the emails only go out on Wednesdays?

i heard that they go out on wednesday's but from what i have seen on here, most people have heard on thursdays.......so i guess i really don't know, but prolly one of the two.

i heard that they go out on wednesday's but from what i have seen on here, most people have heard on thursdays.......so i guess i really don't know, but prolly one of the two.

I received my acceptance e-mail from Dean Kelly last Thursday at 5:22 P.M. CDT, so I still wouldn't panic yet.;)

Thanks.
And double thanks for including the time too, Omnione. lol, you probably know how checking your email every 5 minutes feels :D

I think what happens is the admission commitee meets on Wed. and then the emails go out on Thurs. I received mine at 3:23. And I definitely know how it feels to check your email constantly... I could barely get anything done. Hopefully you'll hear today!!

I spoke to someone up there this morning and they told me that the admissions committee is now meeting 2 times a week on Wed and Fri

reality check...my stats suck 3.2 GPA and 87% on PCAT. so for those of us who haven't heard......should we start making other plans as far as jobs go? i am starting to get pretty impatient and don't want to waste yet another year waiting to hear a denial.......let me know what you guys/ladies think.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, BearsFan85, I wouldn't give up just yet. My stats are similar to yours, but luckily for us Iowa looks at the total package and not just the numbers. I'm tired of waiting, and this is my second year applying. I just want to know so I can get on with my life. I sent an email to Dean Kelly this week, and he basically said things are going slow, and they hope to get finished soon (tell me something I don't already know....). It could be that they really haven't even gotten to review most of the applicants, so our files could still just be waiting to be reviewed.... hopefully?

I had an interview last week at another school, and their admissions committee meets and chooses the class in one day. At least I know exactly what day I will hear from them.

I had an interview last week at another school, and their admissions committee meets and chooses the class in one day. At least I know exactly what day I will hear from them.

Even though its slower then most, I think I prefer the way Iowa reviews the applications. They don't just rush through them 1 day and make a decision right on the spot. I like that they actually take the time to read through everyone's apps, get a good feel for them, and then send out acceptances to some each week. I think that's why we see many who had a low GPA, or a low PCAT score get accepted, because they review everyone individually, and try to find people that are truly a good fit for the school.

Still, the pain and agony of waiting is definitely difficult, hope for everyone's sakes they find out soon!

I was thinking of going there and getting my BS if I didn't get accepted and the application deadline is April 1st:eek: So know I am rushing around trying to get my transcripts sent and all the junk.....and don't forget the $40 application fee. I want to go up there and just wait until they look at mine

reality check...my stats suck 3.2 GPA and 87% on PCAT. so for those of us who haven't heard......should we start making other plans as far as jobs go? i am starting to get pretty impatient and don't want to waste yet another year waiting to hear a denial.......let me know what you guys/ladies think.

BearsFan, your stats dont suck. Your GPA is a little low, but your PCAT is higher than the avg accepted. Don't lose hope yet! Iowa claims that they just pick applications at random, so there's a very good chance that they just haven't looked at yours yet! While it never hurts to have a back up plan, I wouldn't just assume that just because you haven't heard that you aren't getting in.

thanks to everyone for the kind words....i think i was just stressed out and needed to vent a little bit. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

hey everyone,

my roomate heard back from iowa pharmacy already, he got in last week i believe.

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle dum... ok I'm just bumping the post HOPING someone has heard something. I myself still waiting with no reply and my friend in my O chem 2 class also has heard nothing. I'm tired of waiting :mad: I just wanna know where I stand so I can move on with my summer plans.

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle dum... ok I'm just bumping the post HOPING someone has heard something. I myself still waiting with no reply and my friend in my O chem 2 class also has heard nothing. I'm tired of waiting :mad: I just wanna know where I stand so I can move on with my summer plans.

When was your interview, mine was Feb 17 and I still haven't heard anything:scared: :scared: As of last week, my application had not been reviewed yet. I've been rejected everywhere else so I better get in.

Has anybody heard of anyone getting a rejection letter yet?

I called Dean Kelly once, I want to call again, but I'm afraid that he'll mind that I'm repeatedly calling...should i call or not? :(

I called Dean Kelly once, I want to call again, but I'm afraid that he'll mind that I'm repeatedly calling...should i call or not? :(

Go ahead, they have to be expecting calls

I had my interview Feb. 10. I have not been rejected or wait listed or accepted... nothing from them besides the survey about the interview. I only applied there as I didn't have money to apply elsewhere. I will go to u of I to get my bachelor's in Chem. I've already been accepted for that with honors... I just wanna know about pharm school as that has been my career choice for a while now.

I had my interview Feb. 10. I have not been rejected or wait listed or accepted... nothing from them besides the survey about the interview. I only applied there as I didn't have money to apply elsewhere. I will go to u of I to get my bachelor's in Chem. I've already been accepted for that with honors... I just wanna know about pharm school as that has been my career choice for a while now.

Me too. I have my interview on Feb 10th. I have been waiting for two months. I was thinking I was the only one who had a early interview and didn't hear any thing yet. Is it possible that they did review my application and put me on the waiting list??? If i was on the waiting list, is there anyone who can inform my status???

Get a little bit anxious. Future is so hard to predict!!!:scared: :scared:

I'm getting tired of the waiting. February 10th was a LONG time ago. I appreciate that they are being thorough, but does it seriously take this long? I'm developing an anxiety problem Wednesday nights now wondering every week if this Thursday will be the day I find out about the rest of my life... :)

At least at other schools I had interviews at they were able to tell me when I would hear from them....to the day, even, not a date range of when I could hear back.

Even a status report from Iowa would be nice. It would be cool to know if my application has even been reviewed by the committee yet...:rolleyes:

I applied to U of Iowa too. I will be majoring in microbiology and/or biochemistry. You're from the quad cities right? Maybe we can carpool

I have a friend went to ask Jennifer some question yesterday about the future application. She told me that Jennifer said maybe all the application for 2007 will hear back at the end of this month. I was thinking mid April we can hear back. probably they have to pospone the date.

Wow........that's over seven weeks now and its likely that it'll take at least eight weeks to get an answer.

I e-mailed him on Friday and asked if the committee had looked at my app yet and he e-mailed me bak today saying that I didn't make the first round of admissions along with 200 other people, my pcat score is a problem as well as the fact that I had courses at a comm. college only. He said that the committee will be looking them all over again this week.:( :( :( :(
I just want to know already....I've been rejected everywhere else so this is my only hope. I had a bit of a breakdown at work today.

Does that mean that they went through and accepted 70 out of the 270 (or whatever the number is) that they interviewed and now they're going through the 200 again?

Does that mean that they went through and accepted 70 out of the 270 (or whatever the number is) that they interviewed and now they're going through the 200 again?

I'm wondering that too as I also remember Dean Kelly saying that Iowa would interview around 270, accept 150, and admit 108. I figured that I would be "on the bubble" after babbling a little during my interview while not asking questions about the program. I guess I was wrong........:confused:

If that is the case, then there are at least 40 spaces left. You know that there will be at least one applicant who will decline his spot **hint** **hint**;)

I think so, but who knows. I called someone up there to ask what that meant and she said she would get back to me.

I think so, but who knows. I called someone up there to ask what that meant and she said she would get back to me.

why would they go through and accept only 70? that seems pretty dumb. you think they'd want to figure out the incoming class as soon as possible.. especially since most people have already heard from the other schools they applied to. anyway, i hope everyone hears soon!!

I know of someone who didn't get a reply til april 20th last year and got in. I still have some hope but I just wanna know for my sanity!!!

It's Wednesday... Crossing my fingers I hear tomorrow or today would be nice too ;)

Has anyone heard from UI today????? Still waiting for its response to make up my future schedule.

Has anyone heard from UI today????? Still waiting for its response to make up my future schedule.

Nope:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Still waiting for a response so I can plan my future

La la la, another Thursday's passed me by, La la la *musical notes playing*

The day has also passed me by with no peep from there. This stinks... Well back to waiting.

It seems that this is the 3rd week in a row that no one on here has heard anything from Iowa. What is the deal? Are they TRYing to make me miserable? :(

another week has passed.......hope is dwindling:barf:
I really can't believe it is taking this long:bullcrap:

i haven't heard anything yet either......hopefully they are trying to way out the positives of all of us student/doctor networks lurks.... Good luck to all.

I'd really love to go to Iowa...
I've reconciled my apprehensions about living in the country, and I'm sure I'll love it and the environment will be helpful in concentrating on studies...I was even thinking of taking the MCATs once I'm there, because I'll be more focused to study and do well without distractions....
but alas! I still haven't heard back.....as long as i don't get anything as snail mail, I'm happy and I can wait till next thursday....
Thursday's aren't bad...it's the week from thursday to the next thursday that's brain wrecking---i always check the snail mail and hope not to see anything from Iowa...
Good luck to all

got accepted to iowa, not taking it though