University of Illinois Class of 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, so the official orientation dates are as follows:

Before Aug. 12 - Take care of administrative tasks, such as registration/criminal background check/etc. You'll get more info in a packet that will come to you this summer.
August 12-August 13 - Orientation. A schedule of the day's events will be in the aforementioned packet.
August 14 - Free time. Spend this day with your family or exploring the city.
August 15 - White Coat Ceremony. Usually this is held in the morning and the actual time will be on a schedule that will be sent to you.

If you have any questions regarding orientation, please let me know. I'm actively involved in the planning process.

Congrats to all those who are attending UIC :D

2 Questions... Just got off the phone with the Student Affairs Office, who told me orientation begins on 8/10. Is this wrong?

She also said first day of classes is 8/17. Correct? Incorrect? Referencing the Chicago campus by the way, in case it matters.

Members don't see this ad.

2 Questions... Just got off the phone with the Student Affairs Office, who told me orientation begins on 8/10. Is this wrong?

She also said first day of classes is 8/17. Correct? Incorrect? Referencing the Chicago campus by the way, in case it matters.

Can anyone confirm this? Boy, it would be nice to have a schedule...

Also a Chicago Campus M1, posted a bit of a blurb on the premed side concerning those who do not initially get their first choice (I was UPR track initially). Also, wondering who zipmedic is. . .:)

I couldn't stand the wait, so I'm answering my own question.

I just called the Student Affairs Office (Chicago Campus) and was told that the orientation week starts 8/10 (Monday). He wasn't totally sure but he said that the first 2 days are only partial days where alot of administrative tasks get handled (get Student ID photos, etc). It was unclear if attendance was required for these first 2 days.

First day of classes is definitely Monday 8/17.

He said we will get an email that outlines the agenda sometime in the summer. (Being an OOS, I hope its soon!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't stand the wait, so I'm answering my own question.

I just called the Student Affairs Office (Chicago Campus) and was told that the orientation week starts 8/10 (Monday). He wasn't totally sure but he said that the first 2 days are only partial days where alot of administrative tasks get handled (get Student ID photos, etc). It was unclear if attendance was required for these first 2 days.

First day of classes is definitely Monday 8/17.

He said we will get an email that outlines the agenda sometime in the summer. (Being an OOS, I hope its soon!)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for this later post but I've been away. I'm the 2012 class president and am currently working on orientation. In previous years, orientation started on the Monday before classes start. This has changed, therefore the individual that you talked to at the student affairs office was misinformed. Orientation starts on Wednesday, August 12. On Wednesday/Thursday there will be orientation and on Saturday there will be a white coat ceremony, which we encourage family to attend.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask! :D

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for this later post but I've been away. I'm the 2012 class president and am currently working on orientation. In previous years, orientation started on the Monday before classes start. This has changed, therefore the individual that you talked to at the student affairs office was misinformed. Orientation starts on Wednesday, August 12. On Wednesday/Thursday there will be orientation and on Saturday there will be a white coat ceremony, which we encourage family to attend.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask! :D

Thank you so much for the clarification! That helps alot!

Another question for current students listening:
Incoming students got an email regarding computers for students, from which I will excerpt:

"Whether you purchase a new laptop or use one you already own, we recommend a minimum memory (RAM) configuration of 2 GB, preferably 4 GB, and a minimum of a Core2Duo processor. You will make extensive use of video, audio and other resources, and will need a large, fast hard drive: at least 250 GB and 5400 RPM. Please do not select a "Netbook" or other minimal configuration offered. These low-end, price-driven machines may not be able to perform adequately for required course activities."

Are they serious that we need this much computing power? I run engineering CAD on a daily basis on a less powerful machine. Can someone help me understand what we are expected to use our computers for besides Word, Excel, PPoint, media player and good ol' web surfing?

Maybe I just need enlightenment...

Thank you so much for the clarification! That helps alot!

Another question for current students listening:
Incoming students got an email regarding computers for students, from which I will excerpt:

"Whether you purchase a new laptop or use one you already own, we recommend a minimum memory (RAM) configuration of 2 GB, preferably 4 GB, and a minimum of a Core2Duo processor. You will make extensive use of video, audio and other resources, and will need a large, fast hard drive: at least 250 GB and 5400 RPM. Please do not select a "Netbook" or other minimal configuration offered. These low-end, price-driven machines may not be able to perform adequately for required course activities."

Are they serious that we need this much computing power? I run engineering CAD on a daily basis on a less powerful machine. Can someone help me understand what we are expected to use our computers for besides Word, Excel, PPoint, media player and good ol' web surfing?

Maybe I just need enlightenment...

That's interesting. I couldn't guess as to why the requirements are so steep based on what I went through first year. Basically, I used my bottom of the line macbook for the following: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat Reader, iTunes, Quicktime, Histotime (a histology program), and Firefox.

If you my suggestion, hold off until school starts and just use the computer that you're using right now. Unless they changed the curriculum vastly to include some high-tech programs, I think you will be fine. If it turns out that you need to do an upgrade, then I guess you'll have to buy parts/new computer. I believe this way is the best course of action so that you won't be needlessly spending money.

Hope this helps!

[edit] I'd like to stress that the curriculum does change from year to year based off of student recommendations. Therefore, there is a good chance that you'll need a computer of this caliber if there are certain programs that are being introduced this year. One of the great things about UIC is that the faculty always seek advice from students regarding how to improve courses and utilizing more technology was one of our suggestions. But as I said above, wait and see if you need to buy a new computer!

Last edited:

I'd just like to echo that ehjay is the definitive source for information on this year's M1 orientation. The M2 class (i.e., the class of 2012) is responsible for planning it, so he knows what he's talking about. He's kind of a hottie, too. :hungover:

Hey everyone,

I know it's a bit late to be posting this, but I'm just starting to look for Urbana housing since I was delayed by my site petition. Is anyone looking for a roommate or does anyone have any advice on late housing searches?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I know it's a bit late to be posting this, but I'm just starting to look for Urbana housing since I was delayed by my site petition. Is anyone looking for a roommate or does anyone have any advice on late housing searches?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat (well, not due to a petition, which I never did, but because I've been holding out for a waitlist). I'm using Craigslist and going to town to confirm something on Friday.

I have another question for anyone - how late can you fill out the loan paperwork? I just don't want to sign up for 75k and then end up getting off the waitlist somewhere else and have to resign there...

Hey guys. Congrats on being accepted to UIC. I'm an M3 looking to offload some of my old books. Instead of listing them all out I'm just selling the whole bundle (with a few exceptions). The total value according to Amazon was over $600 for used copies. You would spend over $1000 from the UIC bookstore. I am selling the whole package for $300. Some of these are 'required' or 'recommended' by professors, others are just preferred by students. All are in good or great condition. Some may have newer editions available.

I am also selling my microscope. Everyone is required to have a microscope for classes in both the M1 and M2 year. Most people rent one from the bookstore, which costs $250/yr. I am selling mine outright for $250. You can use it both years, share it with someone from another class if you'd like to split the cost, and then sell it to someone else when you're done (like I am).

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested and good luck in your first year!

M-1 Books

Board Review Series (BRS) – A popular, concise review book. Good for replacing the ‘required’ text or for cramming before an exam or boards.

BRS Neuroanatomy
BRS Embryology
BRS Physiology
BRS Behavior Science
BRS Biochemistry
BRS Cell Biology and Histology
BRS Gross Anatomy

Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy - $50
Gray’s Anatomy - $50
- You will use these 2 books every day for Anatomy class. These are the only two I am selling individually.

Medical Biochemistry (Brownie)
Lippincott’s Biochemistry

Molecular Cell Biology (Lodish)
Histology (Ross)

Physiology (Costanzo)
Physiology (Berne)

Neuroanatomy Atlas (Haines)
The Human Brain + Study Guide (Nolte)
Neuroscience (Purves)

Langman’s Medical Embryology

Behavioral Science in Medicine (Fadem)

The Clinical Encounter

How can I figure out what books I "need" vs. what books are suggested?

Hey guys,

I just finished my first year at UIC Urbana. I'm headed to Peoria in August. If you have any questions about anything...coursework, housing, etc, feel free to PM me or post on here.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

I was also a petitioner when I started, but was denied chicago. I looked pretty late for housing in Urbana...I ended up looking further away on campus because all the good places were gone by then. You should def. check out these places, depending on your budget and your preferences:

Burnham 310 - this "highrise" is pretty much on campus, a block from the Grainger library (Engineering library where a lot of med students study). It's close to $950 for a 1BR, somewhat cheaper for a 2BR. Fully furnished, Free WiFi lounges are available in the building. The last time I checked, you have to pay for cable/internet in room, and the other utilities (water maybe included). Designer cabinets, granite countertops, looks spiffy. Definitely costly, but if you can afford it, its a great location. I'm sure they still have space available.

309 Green - This is the other "highrise" on campus, directly in the middle of Green street. Very close to campus, very nice facilities inside; brand new, just 1 year old. But, lots of undergrads live here, and Green street is the place were these kids party - I mean from Thursday night to Sunday night, Green street is party city. Lots of noise, but the place offers wrap-around balconies, flat screen tvs, fully furnished, hardwood floors, very nice kitchens. Pretty expensive from what I remember.

The Pointe at U of I - about 3 miles from campus; rent is between $450 - $600 per month (they have 1BR, 2BR, or 3BR; the 3BR can be converted into a 2BR with a study). The rent includes ALL utilities, including cable/internet, water, electric, heat, gas, the whole shabang. You also have in-unit washer and dryer, and dishwasher. The place is relatively new, and is fully furnished (with queen size bed). They have a pool, gym, clubhouse with pool table, study space, etc. The MTD (public busses, free with your UIC ID card) stops right in front of the property and its a 15 minute busride to campus. It will take you about 20-25 mins to get to school from door to door every morning; about 25 medstudents lived here from my class. It's dirt cheap, but a bit far away.

Gregory Place East - about a 7 minute walk from the medschool; VERY close by, but this place is in high demand and is probably all leased out. Keep an eye out though because its very close by, and the place is relatively new.

A handful of students lived in graduate-student/private dorms like Hendrick House, or Daniels Hall. It's pretty much a dorm room. They have some study space available, but these two dorms are like a 5 minute walk to the medschool.

Some other medstudents lived in places like 88 West and Indigo Place. They have pretty good deals like THe Pointe (see above), but they are VERY far away. Check them out if you care.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also a petitioner when I started, but was denied chicago. I looked pretty late for housing in Urbana...I ended up looking further away on campus because all the good places were gone by then. You should def. check out these places, depending on your budget and your preferences:

Burnham 310 - this "highrise" is pretty much on campus, a block from the Grainger library (Engineering library where a lot of med students study). It's close to $950 for a 1BR, somewhat cheaper for a 2BR. Fully furnished, Free WiFi lounges are available in the building. The last time I checked, you have to pay for cable/internet in room, and the other utilities (water maybe included). Designer cabinets, granite countertops, looks spiffy. Definitely costly, but if you can afford it, its a great location. I'm sure they still have space available.

309 Green - This is the other "highrise" on campus, directly in the middle of Green street. Very close to campus, very nice facilities inside; brand new, just 1 year old. But, lots of undergrads live here, and Green street is the place were these kids party - I mean from Thursday night to Sunday night, Green street is party city. Lots of noise, but the place offers wrap-around balconies, flat screen tvs, fully furnished, hardwood floors, very nice kitchens. Pretty expensive from what I remember.

The Pointe at U of I - about 3 miles from campus; rent is between $450 - $600 per month (they have 1BR, 2BR, or 3BR; the 3BR can be converted into a 2BR with a study). The rent includes ALL utilities, including cable/internet, water, electric, heat, gas, the whole shabang. You also have in-unit washer and dryer, and dishwasher. The place is relatively new, and is fully furnished (with queen size bed). They have a pool, gym, clubhouse with pool table, study space, etc. The MTD (public busses, free with your UIC ID card) stops right in front of the property and its a 15 minute busride to campus. It will take you about 20-25 mins to get to school from door to door every morning; about 25 medstudents lived here from my class. It's dirt cheap, but a bit far away.

Gregory Place East - about a 7 minute walk from the medschool; VERY close by, but this place is in high demand and is probably all leased out. Keep an eye out though because its very close by, and the place is relatively new.

A handful of students lived in graduate-student/private dorms like Hendrick House, or Daniels Hall. It's pretty much a dorm room. They have some study space available, but these two dorms are like a 5 minute walk to the medschool.

Some other medstudents lived in places like 88 West and Indigo Place. They have pretty good deals like THe Pointe (see above), but they are VERY far away. Check them out if you care.

Hope this helps!

I can add to this, from my recent apartment hunting. For those of you interested in studios, there is a good company called JSM (jsmapts.com) that has places available, even now - I decided on a studio very close to the engineering campus - a quiet area was very important to me, and I was told that anything north of Springfield Ave. is your best bet there (or East of Lincoln, I think)

Whatever you do, DO NOT live at Lincoln View apartments (or the apartment complex right next door to it), or Campus Connection apartments. I've heard horrible stories about things that happened to people there :eek:

They may have very alluring prices, but if you want a safe place, do not live at the aforementioned places

How can I figure out what books I "need" vs. what books are suggested?

Wait for orientation. A panel of students will talk to the class as a whole and you can ask them questions. This is a big one.

Most want to run out and buy all the books recommended. I wouldn't do that, unless you have unlimited funds (they are damn expensive). I would wait to see what the major ones used are.

Hey guys. My original stash is sold, but a friend of mine is also looking to sell his books and microscope. If you are interested contact Chris Jones at [email protected]

I got assigned to a Sherman Hall single in Urbana... I went for dorming since I didn't want to worry about all that apt stuff for just one year. Can someone give me a little info about this place? The website is scarce and the office person just yells at me to goto the website. (wtf?)

I actually got really lucky and got an apartment that only has a 9.5 month lease (Aug 20-Jun 1), so I don't have to worry about subletting (or more likely, paying for an unused apartment for 3 months). The downside is that Aug 20 move-in date - I'll be hotel-ling it for a few nights without any stuff.

If you're interested, there's still a couple available in the building (3/4 mile from school), PM me for details.

Just got an email minutes ago with the syllabus for Biochemistry. Anyone feel the email had the opposite effect of "not meant to alarm you"? Sheesh, well it's not putting a damper on my last summer but maybe I'll go purchase the textbook now.

Just got an email minutes ago with the syllabus for Biochemistry. Anyone feel the email had the opposite effect of "not meant to alarm you"? Sheesh, well it's not putting a damper on my last summer but maybe I'll go purchase the textbook now.

The booklist is what is bothering me...I looked up the first 3 book and the prices are $$$. What is the prevailing wisdom for purchasing books? I'm concerned about waiting until orientation to figure out what I need and don't need because it won't leave enough time to get them cheaper online. I don't want to be stuck paying full price.

Medical BiochemistryTextbooks

Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry 27th Edition.  .
Murray, Granner, Mayes and RodwellLang/McGraw Hill

Medical Biochemistry2nd Edition
Baynes and DominiczakElsevier/Mosby

Biochemistry 6th edition
DevlinWiley-Liss

Biochemistry Review Reference

Lippincott’s Illustrated Reviews Biochemistry4th edition
Champe/Harvey/Ferrier Lippincott

Biochemistry Clinical Case Study References

Case Files – Biochemistry1st edition
Toy, Seifert, Strobel and HarmsLange

Underground Clinical Vignettes - Biochemistry 5th edition
Swanson, Kim and Glucksman Lippincott

Medical NutritionTextbook

Discovering Nutrition
3rd Edition
Insel, Turner and Ross Jones & Bartlett Publishers

Complementary and Alternative MedicineTextbook
Fundamentals of Complementary and Integrative Medicine3rd Edition
Marc S. Micozzi Mosby/Elsevier

Don't buy the book. Dr. Ho is the nicest guy and he isn't trying to scare you. The course is a handful but will become quite manageable as you settle into med school.

The booklist is what is bothering me...I looked up the first 3 book and the prices are $$$. What is the prevailing wisdom for purchasing books? I'm concerned about waiting until orientation to figure out what I need and don't need because it won't leave enough time to get them cheaper online. I don't want to be stuck paying full price.

The prevailing wisdom has been shared here already -- don't wait until you're in orientation; wait until you're actually in the class. I don't know of anyone that bought any of the full-length Biochemistry textbooks. Most people used "BRS Biochemistry & Molecular Biology" and/or "Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry". Dr. Ho provides copies of his PowerPoint lectures on Blackboard and in print each day. Between these three resources, most people were more than prepared for what came their way. Some people bought the underground clinical vignettes book because it helps with Dr. Ho's clinical correlation assignments, but it's by no means necessary and he even has loaner copies you can borrow.

Also, don't worry much about not having time to find books cheaper online. There will be a barrage of e-mails from M2's trying to sell their first year books. These are usually pretty solid deals. No worries.

Dr. Ho is there to help you - he wants you to understand and succeed. Last year's Biochemistry class had 180 out of 180 people pass; the passing level was 61%. Now, I've heard he'll be raising the PL this year, but a D- (which equates to a "Satisfactory" -- 49 people got "Outstanding") isn't anything to stress about. Your first Biochemistry exam will be on Monday, 8/31, and will cover the first 26 lectures.

You're going to be gradually eased into "full-blown" med school; you'll start off with just Biochem and Physiology and slowly add other courses as you get accustomed to the work. I'd tell you to check out the M1 block schedule to verify, but it seems they've mooshed the M1 and M2 block schedules together, so it looks really scary right now. ;) I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough. (If you do go look, you can ignore Pathology, ECM, Infection & Immunity, Clinical Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology. Those are M2 courses.)

Just relax, everyone. :)

Hi all,

I am a VERY new addition to the 2013 Class for the Chicago campus. I got my switch just last Friday. That being said, I have boat loads of information for the Urbana campus/orientation, but nothing on UIC. For example, I have a "July Information Packet" and within that packet is a link to see all the contents online... is there one of these for the Chicago campus posted online?

Considering Orientation is 3 weeks from today (I think?), Id like to get some of this info...

Thanks!

Hey, also married here!

I think this year's M1 class had about 5-10 married students. Not many in a class of ~150.

I, again, am late to the party. I am just recently married and on the Chicago track. I would be interested in getting together with other married couples for a meet and greet. We are mid-20s and don't have any kids or anything, but it could still be fun!

I was in the Urbana campus last year, and am selling my books at much better rates than the bookstores on campus. I have the following; please PM me if you are interested:

The Human Brain
Essential Medical Physiology
The Immune System (by Peter Parham)
The Brain Atlas

I was in the Urbana campus last year, and am selling my books at much better rates than the bookstores on campus. I have the following; please PM me if you are interested:

The Human Brain
Essential Medical Physiology
The Immune System (by Peter Parham)
The Brain Atlas

I used Parham a LOT during Immuno. It's referred to almost every lecture. If you're a reader, it's a good one.

Don't buy the book. Dr. Ho is the nicest guy and he isn't trying to scare you. The course is a handful but will become quite manageable as you settle into med school.

I'm going to recommend the opposite for Urbana students. Get Lippincott's Biochemistry (our text) and the house packet for case studies. You'll use both.

Random MS,
I'm looking to just order a few of the books online that we will need for sure. Besides Lippincott for biochem (confused on what the house packet meant), any other recommendations for the other classes??

I'm going to recommend the opposite for Urbana students. Get Lippincott's Biochemistry (our text) and the house packet for case studies. You'll use both.

I think we're still on the same page - later in my post I recommended Lippincott. :)

I'm considering my commute options right now, and I'm wondering if I should consider using my motorcycle. I'm about 2miles away from campus in West Loop (210 S. Desplaines) which is too far to walk, and public transportation is 20 min. Does anyone know of other med students who ride in? Parking is cheap, but I can't figure out where the designated motorcycle parking is (the map on the website is really poor).

If you can point me in the direction of another student who commutes by motorcycle, please let me know. I'd like to hear their opinions.
Thanks.

I used Parham a LOT during Immuno. It's referred to almost every lecture. If you're a reader, it's a good one.

yeah, the figures used in lecture come straight from there. I myself sort of found the book hard to follow, so I would only consult it if I couldn't understand the material elsewhere.

Lippincott's Biochem was a lifesaver and actually that was the required book in the biocehm course in Urbana. Dr. Morrissey's slides (and notes) are golden. Save them, annotate them, and use them for boards review. Same with Dr. Chen's outlines (they are a bit incomplete, but makes you read the book to fill in the "blanks")

yeah, the figures used in lecture come straight from there. I myself sort of found the book hard to follow, so I would only consult it if I couldn't understand the material elsewhere.

Lippincott's Biochem was a lifesaver and actually that was the required book in the biocehm course in Urbana. Dr. Morrissey's slides (and notes) are golden. Save them, annotate them, and use them for boards review. Same with Dr. Chen's outlines (they are a bit incomplete, but makes you read the book to fill in the "blanks")

Yup. Mintel's stuff was worthless, IMO. Nice guy though.

Random MS,
I'm looking to just order a few of the books online that we will need for sure. Besides Lippincott for biochem (confused on what the house packet meant), any other recommendations for the other classes??

For some classes, the professors had course packets made up that you'll need and can only get at the bookstore.

Except for Lippincott's, I'd wait for orientation to order books.

I know it sounds weird to hear people say you won't use the recommended texts, but seriously most exams were directly from PPT notes/lectures.

I'm considering my commute options right now, and I'm wondering if I should consider using my motorcycle. I'm about 2miles away from campus in West Loop (210 S. Desplaines) which is too far to walk, and public transportation is 20 min. Does anyone know of other med students who ride in? Parking is cheap, but I can't figure out where the designated motorcycle parking is (the map on the website is really poor).

If you can point me in the direction of another student who commutes by motorcycle, please let me know. I'd like to hear their opinions.
Thanks.

No responses out there, so I'm guessing nobody that rides a motorcycle is watching this forum.

So let me ask the question in another way: Do you know of any students that commute this way? If they don't exist I will assume that there is a good reason for that and I may want to re-consider.

Thanks!

No responses out there, so I'm guessing nobody that rides a motorcycle is watching this forum.

So let me ask the question in another way: Do you know of any students that commute this way? If they don't exist I will assume that there is a good reason for that and I may want to re-consider.

Thanks!

My guess is come winter time, the snow and cold wont allow you to commute via motorcycle...

Thanks!

I used to go to undergrad at UIC and yes, snow is pretty bad. I would just use public transportation. But if you must ride your motorcycle, there are UIC parkinglots at Damen & Polk. There's also parking garages in the Polk St area which arent too far from the school. You have to pay to park at any of these places. As far as designated motorcycle parking, im not sure.

Yup. Mintel's stuff was worthless, IMO. Nice guy though.

Yeah, Mintel just uses the blackboard and passes our random handouts which I stopped taking b/c they were of no use to me. i just read lippincotts

Thanks!

I ride a moped and was thinking about using it for the commute. Considering the price for semester parking (a little over $100) and the fact that during both Fall and Spring semester there are a few months where I know I won't want to be freezing my butt off riding into class it just didn't seem worth it. That's my opinion (coming from out of state) especially when public transportation seems like the ideal option.

The Chicago M1 block schedule has been fixed. Check it out here.

Does anyone know if there is a way to import this calendar into Google Calendar? Or iCal would work too...

Thanks in advance.

Admin day is coming up on Tuesday, 8/11... I was wondering do we still follow the original emailed schedule and arrive around 8:30am, or do we only need to be there for our scheduled L1 background check and our scheduled time posted on the UIC COM website? I'm not really sure what to do after they emailed us a second time about admin tasks to complete beforehand...

Admin day is coming up on Tuesday, 8/11... I was wondering do we still follow the original emailed schedule and arrive around 8:30am, or do we only need to be there for our scheduled L1 background check and our scheduled time posted on the UIC COM website? I'm not really sure what to do after they emailed us a second time about admin tasks to complete beforehand...

Directly from the e-mail:

A. Go to http://www.chicago.medicine.uic.edu/student_services/osa/m1/m1_orientation/ to learn the specific time you have been randomly assigned to come to the Chicago Rooms, 2nd floor Student Center West, corner Wolcott and Polk, on August 11.

And later:

11. After you select the day a listing of available times will appear. Select: A time Press: GO (The time you select here does not determine the time of your actual fingerprinting at UIC. Selecting a time is a necessary function in order to reserve the date. Your specified time is listed online as noted in item A above).

I, again, am late to the party. I am just recently married and on the Chicago track. I would be interested in getting together with other married couples for a meet and greet. We are mid-20s and don't have any kids or anything, but it could still be fun!

:) I'm on the Chicago track and recently married as well! June 6th was our date. We would really like to get to know some other married couples as well! Email me at [email protected] or I'm also on Facebook: Rashell Reynoso. Cheers!

Thanks!

I don't go to that campus, but I do live in Northern Illinois and ride. If you don't have to take any of the interstates to get to class, then it would be ok. You're crazy if you take the Eisenhower on a bike.

Has anyone here (who's single) successfully changed their residency status during med school in Illinois? I'm going to start the ball rolling by switching my drivers license, which was expiring soon anyway, and when I get a car to get it and register it in IL. I'm planning on taking a year off and working in the state, probably after M2 year (for other reasons too, but residency would definitely be a benefit). Is there anything else that would need to be done? Thanks.