University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got acceptance letter .......very excited to hear that big news..
Add me to ur face book list...........

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ASD123 AND CANINE 81 CONGRATULATIONS

can u both say in which batch were u??

Hello guys... any news from uic ??? I know people from waiting list are also getting acceptance letters, but i wonder why no body bothers to post here once they get through. Kindly share guys. Ur help will be appreciated by all. Thanks.

Hello guys... any news from uic ??? I know people from waiting list are also getting acceptance letters, but i wonder why no body bothers to post here once they get through. Kindly share guys. Ur help will be appreciated by all. Thanks.
I am also on waitlist but no news..

Hi guys, its really unbelivable that there has been no movement at all in the admission process since then. Friends kindly post ur new status. Thanks.

Hi guys, its really unbelivable that there has been no movement at all in the admission process since then. Friends kindly post ur new status. Thanks.

I know that there are already people from the wait list called... Maybe just a few more people might be called after the schools from California send out their acceptances.

Don't loose hope. :xf:

I know that there are already people from the wait list called... Maybe just a few more people might be called after the schools from California send out their acceptances.

I am gonna give up my seat soon. I have decided to attend Tufts if not a cali school. So...one more seat open!!!

Thanks hope4.

I am gonna give up my seat soon. I have decided to attend Tufts if not a cali school. So...one more seat open!!!

Thanks for sharing this information rainbow bright. I wish u good luck. And can u kindly tell me the last date for u to respond to the letter. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing this information rainbow bright. I wish u good luck. And can u kindly tell me the last date for u to respond to the letter. Thanks.

If he was accepted in August the deadline is long gone, unless he made the $5k non-refundable deposit. We also have a Nov 18th deadline to send some documents.

If he was accepted in August the deadline is long gone, unless he made the $5k non-refundable deposit. We also have a Nov 18th deadline to send some documents.

I did send in the deposit before the sept 24 deadline... so now I am just debating where to go.. but I know I am going to drop chicago.. So good luck! (oh, and I am a she:laugh:)

I did send in the deposit before the sept 24 deadline... so now I am just debating where to go.. but I know I am going to drop chicago.. So good luck! (oh, and I am a she:laugh:)

Sorry... :oops:

Thanks hope4 and rainbow bright for sharing this information. Really appreciate it, it was helpful.

got rejection...see you next year..!!!

Hey dr flap u were in the waiting list right. When did u get the rejection? Was it a letter or an email? I can't believe they started sending so soon. What does that mean? Are all seats filled up??

Hey dr flap u were in the waiting list right. When did u get the rejection? Was it a letter or an email? I can't believe they started sending so soon. What does that mean? Are all seats filled up??
Are you on waitlist too?

yes i was waitlisted..she sent me an email this noon..i saw it now..:cool:

Yes harry I'm in the waiting list too and I really feel sorry for dr flap. Better luck next time. Can any one kindly explain what's going on . Is every thing over with the admissions? Are they done??

got rejection...see you next year..!!!

Sorry to hear that... Better luck with other schools (did you apply anywhere else?). If not better luck on the next cycle.

Yes harry I'm in the waiting list too and I really feel sorry for dr flap. Better luck next time. Can any one kindly explain what's going on . Is every thing over with the admissions? Are they done??

(8) it's not over 'till it's over (8)

So far there are 36 students, yes we have a full group, but there are still some people waiting for results from other schools (I think the same happens with every single school that have already send out their acceptances) or some others with multiple acceptances debating where to go.

I know only half of the students that were accepted so far, one of them with multiple acceptances, and two waiting from results from CA schools. So there is still a possibility that they drop out (or not) from UIC, giving their seats for the waitlisted... Or they might just give preference to UIC and stay in Chicago, it'll totally up to them. As times goes by it is less likelly to have drop outs once the deadline for several requirements pass by, it is such a strugle to get all the things together that I don't see that many people going through all of that to give it up, but once again some of them do!

So my thoughts are: if you are waitlisted and haven't received a rejection letter there's still hope. As I said there are people that might, or might not, decline UIC. So keep the positive think untill 'it's over'.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks. I guess we will also receive something soon.

Thanks a lot hope4. It really makes sense. Do u have an idea about how many from the waiting list are from Illinois ? Thanks.

I am sorry dr Flap I wish u all the best

And for those who r still waiting, never loose hope, my friend told me they called someone to join the class last year just b4 3 weeks of the orientation, which was in march I think

Good luck all

It's so funny. I got the rejection email yesterday. I was accepted to UIC and declined it later. :D

Yes, I am waiting to hear from CA schools. If I got accepted to UCLA and/or UCSF, I will choose one of them because me and my family live in CA. So, pls wish me to get UCLA or UCSF. I wish best of luck to those of you that are still waiting :)

This is interesting..!!!...as she emailed me today saying that it was a confusion & it was an error..so i am still waitlisted...a huge relief..!!

It's so funny. I got the rejection email yesterday. I was accepted to UIC and declined it later. :D

Schools have funny stuff sometimes. I declined the IV for USC, and received a "rejection letter" a few days ago saying that the interviews were very competitive and that I wasn't selected for a place in the program. I wasn't selected from the IV I never went to:confused: lol

This is interesting..!!!...as she emailed me today saying that it was a confusion & it was an error..so i am still waitlisted...a huge relief..!!

Glad to hear that you're back on the game.

Good luck!

Schools have funny stuff sometimes. I declined the IV for USC, and received a "rejection letter" a few days ago saying that the interviews were very competitive and that I wasn't selected for a place in the program. I wasn't selected from the IV I never went to:confused: lol

Schools have to send each applicant a rejection letter that isn't enrolled in their school regardless of them accepting the interview or not. Also, technically you didn't go to the interview so they automatically reject you. Anyways they wouldn't make a special email for people that "reject the interview so technically you weren't rejected but we need to remind you that you are no longer eligible for this school year" email. It's all a formality that needs to be done.

Yea that happened to someone I know too, I think maybe anyone that received a rejection letter the same day as you received it by mistake.

Glad to hear that, let's hope for the best for all of us.

Guys stop sending me pm msgs!!
When I was trying to ask abt any info for the IVs,no one bother himself answering me, no one even told me I can't answer because it is the same Qs or anything,and now u guys wanna me answer u just like that!!!?? Is it fair?

Even though I won't be mean like u guys
Because the director and the other dr know everything, they have enough experience to distinguish bet good and mean ppls, god knows too

They are asking the same Qs every year, so guys bother urself a little bit and find the old Qs, work on ur IV instead of just laying down and send private msgs only when u need help!

Hahahhahahaa well said!!!

Don 't worry about people here. Most people aren't even telling the truth! I will however def pvt message you, hope u can help me out a lill Thanks

Don 't worry about people here. Most people aren't even telling the truth! I will however def pvt message you, hope u can help me out a lill Thanks

That post is pretty old and irrelevant now.

Schools have to send each applicant a rejection letter that isn't enrolled in their school regardless of them accepting the interview or not. Also, technically you didn't go to the interview so they automatically reject you. Anyways they wouldn't make a special email for people that "reject the interview so technically you weren't rejected but we need to remind you that you are no longer eligible for this school year" email. It's all a formality that needs to be done.

Actually they do give different "not eligible" letters.

As I said USC letter seemed like I went to the interview and wasn't accepted. I understand they have to do their formality of informing but UOP for instance sent me a completely personalized email, congratulating me for my acceptance somewhere else, and officially informing me that they acknowledge that I declined their IV offer.

So don't generalize... Most schools might really send a standard rejection letter no matter if you were invited for an IV, not invited, if you declined an acceptance, or if you weren't accepted after having the IV, but not all...

I have my rejection letters from last year, from 3 different schools and only one of them seemed to be generalized. And this year after declining IV's from 4 schools their letters were really different from one another. Two very personalized (UPenn and UOP), one quite generic (but referring to my IV decline, USCF), and the one from USC was the only one that looked quite funny to me. :D

Last edited:
Hi Hope, which dental school are you currently enrolled in right now if you don't mind me asking you this? Thanks
We should be able to chat on this site!!!

Hey Dr. Flap you are real nice person. good to know that you are still on waiting list. ..fingers crossed for you....:xf: