University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am from New jersey...& ofcourse I have applied to other schools also..Who doesnt??..Well keep your patience..Thats the quality of dentists..If not this year..try next year..keep trying..coz i met one guy who is trying since last 4 years & failed..he also applied this year & he didnt hear anything from any school yet for some reasons which are not dental related...He is US citizen now & still is keeping hopes from schools..he is 30 & still going strong..So just relax..everything will be fine..I know waiting for a year is kinda tough job & also expectations from family & friends..It takes a lot from us when we are passing through such phase of life..So have faith in yourself..one day it will come..

Thanks for ur reply and advice DrFlap. I really appreciate it.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I will be declining my acceptance! So, someone will hear from them soon. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have declined my acceptance. Someone from you will hear after the Christmas vacation
All the best to Dr.Flap and florarose:thumbup:

Hi friends. Wish u all a very happy new year. Hope this year bring peace, prosparity, happiness and acceptances for all of us !! Have a blast !!

Today im extreamly pleased to inform every body that, by God's grace, finally ive been accepted into the program. And I whole heartedly wish every one good luck.:xf:
UIC..... HERE I COME!! :D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Today im extreamly pleased to inform every body that, by God's grace, finally ive been accepted into the program. And I whole heartedly wish every one good luck.:xf:
UIC..... HERE I COME!! :D

Welcome! :thumbup:

hey congrats and can u pls send me link to facebook page too, i also got accepted in school, it would be grt to know who else will be studying with me

congratulation and welcome to UIC

i just have a simple qs, did u just get accepted?

hey congrats and can u pls send me link to facebook page too, i also got accepted in school, it would be grt to know who else will be studying with me

Hi send me your email add and i shall add you to the facebook group.

thanks, ya i got accepted in jan end, i was waitlisted

hi, how much does exam fee for nbde part 1 and part 2 cost?
how much does the ECE report cost? how long does it take on avg for completion nbde's and ece report.

Thanks, i did send u my email address in private msg, pls check it

Thanks, i did send u my email address in private msg, pls check it

got it and added as a friend in facebook and then i shall add you to the group. take care

hi, i failed bds 3 times,(refered ) does it reflect on my ECE REPORT.

Just to let everyone know, UIC won't be requiring part 2 to apply next year.

Hey thankx asd1234 for the information. Ok I have a few questions if some 1 could help. I applied to UIC this year but unfortunately was among the last to apply. My stats were Part1 -84 TOEFL-103, 8mnths dental assisting experience[ at the time I applied ]. Now this year as told by evry1 I am planning to give part2. I will be giving my part2 in early june. Now my main question is will they accept my part2 scores after the deadline i.e 1st July. I will apply right away as soon as CAAPID starts but will just be updating my application with my part2 results which I think is of utmost importance in UIC. So if I get my results after 1st july will they update it in my profile.and to update my part2 scores is it ok if I just scan my part2 scorecard and e-mail it to braulia. Will that do? Please help me out with this. and is there an AEGD program in UIC or Preceptorship. what else do I need to do to get in. I really wnat to get in UIC. I love that college and I am a resident of Chicago so nothing better then that. Please guide me through this [ have tried getting into research too but hasn't been possible till now ]

It is true that part 2 isn't mandatory (as I was almost sure it would, ops...), but as they've put on their website 'highest consideration' will be given to those that have cleared it.

http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/requirements.cfm?m=3&o=3

And no, they don't accept anything passed the deadline (unless it is post marked prior to it) and it has to be official, so don't even think about 'scanning', speaking from my personal experience... It would be, to say the least, unfair with others that worked hard to meet the deadline.

One little piece of advice, if you could get done with the exam a couple months earlier would be a big plus. Volunteering is another plus. Don't forget about strong LORs and a well written and sincere SOP. You need to make sure to make the best out your CAAPID application.

Good luck on your application this year!

Thank you Hope4 for your advice thank you. So if I get my results on 28th and if I order the original mksheet to be sent to UIC right away from JCNDE then would it show 28th of june on the post and would UIC accept it. Assuming I get my results on 28th June and I order my reports from JCNDE THAT VERY DAY then would that work.because givin the exams couple of mnths early is very difficult coz I have just started studying and I do work 3-4 days a week so becomes difficult. What do you have to say Hope4...but wait I just read the NBDE Part 2 guide which says when we pay the exam fees it says that we would get 1 report and 1 report would be sent to the college where I want so if I mention UIC in it my problem will be solved correct.My score report will be sent to me and also UIC at the same time. Am I right because as far as I remember we dint have that for part1 exams.We used to get only 1 report and that was for us.They din send any reports to colleges. We had to order for it. Can u help Hope4...Srry too many questions but want to desperately get into this college...

I was in a same situation last year..i emailed her scnned copy after deadline & she accepted that, as a result of that they interviewed me...perhaps i was not good enough to get in...but yeah you should give a try..

Thank you Hope4 for your advice thank you. So if I get my results on 28th and if I order the original mksheet to be sent to UIC right away from JCNDE then would it show 28th of june on the post and would UIC accept it. Assuming I get my results on 28th June and I order my reports from JCNDE THAT VERY DAY then would that work.because givin the exams couple of mnths early is very difficult coz I have just started studying and I do work 3-4 days a week so becomes difficult. What do you have to say Hope4...but wait I just read the NBDE Part 2 guide which says when we pay the exam fees it says that we would get 1 report and 1 report would be sent to the college where I want so if I mention UIC in it my problem will be solved correct.My score report will be sent to me and also UIC at the same time. Am I right because as far as I remember we dint have that for part1 exams.We used to get only 1 report and that was for us.They din send any reports to colleges. We had to order for it. Can u help Hope4...Srry too many questions but want to desperately get into this college...

Hello rackshah2000, I believe ur basic application requirements must be completed before the dead line no matter what. By this mean part 1, toefl and the supplementary materials. Any thing other than the mandatory materials can always be updated even after the interview, including part2 or any research experience, or any other extra criteria that could strengthen ur application. So send ur application as soon as it opens and do not attempt to take exam unless u r well prepared to crack it coz u can always update it. Good luck!

One thing that they stress a lot is "apply early"!
http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/faq.cfm?m=3&o=3

The official word is that your documents "must be postmarked by July 1, 2012 in order to be considered for review.", show interest, make contact with Braulia, but be reasonable don't flood her inbox with obvious questions or anything that could be found on UIC's website. Application cycle begins April 14, have your documents ready and apply that very same day. ;)
http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/apply.cfm?m=3&o=3

Your 'late' part 2 can get you a spot on the IV but as they keep repeating preference is given to earlier applicants. So hopefully your early application can grant you an invitation, and a 'last minute' part 2 can make it stronger.

:luck:

Last edited:
Ops, it seem like UIC is a couple days ahead of CAAPID... lol

Even though UIC app cycle opens on April 14, CAAPID only starts on April 16!
https://portal.caapid.org/ - Then go to "CAAPID Directory".
They're still updating info for the new cycle...

Anyway, the earlier (possible) the better.

UIC - CAAPID

One think that they stress a lot is "apply early"!
http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/faq.cfm?m=3&o=3

The official word is that your documents "must be postmarked by July 1, 2012 in order to be considered for review.", show interest, make contact with Braulia, but be reasonable don't flood her inbox with obvious questions or anything that could be found on UIC's website. Application cycle begins April 14, have your documents ready and apply that very same day. ;)
http://dentistry.uic.edu/depts/admissions/iddp/apply.cfm?m=3&o=3

Your 'late' part 2 can get you a spot on the IV but as they keep repeating preference is given to earlier applicants. So hopefully your early application can grant you an invitation, and a 'last minute' part 2 can make it stronger.

:luck:

UIC - CAAPID

:thumbup:

UIC - CAAPID

Hi..just a quick question..besides NBDE part1, part2, TOEFL, shadowing....what else does UIC look for?..

Thankx a ton guys really appreciate your help..great I will do that...This gives me some confidence.Thank you...I will apply as soon as the CAAPID opens and will later update my application with part2 scores thank u...
Hope4 is right and really sounds convincing always, coz he talks logical, but my advice works for those who believe in taking risks and are left with no choice. So definitely try and update it before the deadline in the first place....but if in case u cant... then update it later and leave the rest to God.:thumbup:

Hi I am planning on giving nbde part 1 end of may...can I apply to uic dental school...can anyone tell me how much time does this whole process of submitting the application takes...I have already taken toe fl..and my ece reports and everything else is ready...

Hi I am planning on giving nbde part 1 end of may...can I apply to uic dental school...can anyone tell me how much time does this whole process of submitting the application takes...I have already taken toe fl..and my ece reports and everything else is ready...

You'll be applying quite late to UIC, really close to the deadline... you'll only get your results for part 1 mid June, then you'll have to request a copy to be send to UIC, which might take another week or so, and their deadline is July 1st. Not considering the fact that they give preference to early applicants...

Do we have to send recommendation letters for applying? I saw nothing on their website about this issue.

"Letter of Evaluation
# Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
# Only 2 letters of recommendation are required. Preferably, one should be from a dental practitioner. Please
submit letters of recommendation to ADEA CAAPID only."

"Letter of Evaluation
# Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
# Only 2 letters of recommendation are required. Preferably, one should be from a dental practitioner. Please
submit letters of recommendation to ADEA CAAPID only."
thanks, the dental practitioner must be in U.S?

UIC is still giving admission to the waitlisted applicants..

I got acceptance from UIC yesterday....I rejected it today so someone else will be getting call soon

I had a dream...I tried...failed..tried again to make it real...& yes i made it real... I am in...